Deep Cover II: You Can't Go Home Again

 

Title: Deep Cover II: You Can't Go Home Again
Author: Mrs. Fish
Fandom: X-Files/Sentinel
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek; Jim/Blair
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: Graphic m/m sex and some swearing
Status: Completed
Date: 11/17/98
E-mail address for feedback: mrs_fish@hotmail.com
Series/sequel: Deep Cover series. Sequel to The Truth ... and Nothing But the Truth
Bookcover: https://www.squidge.org/~mrs_fish/xfiles/bookcovers/deep_cover2.jpg
Summary: Krycek comes out of hiding to visit his mother in the hospital with disastrous results; an old friend helps him heal. An X- Files/The Sentinel crossover.

Disclaimer: This story is written for the private entertainment of fans. No infringement of any copyrights held by Ten Thirteen Productions, Fox, Chris Carter, Paramount, UPN, Pet Fly Productions or others is intended. This story is not published for profit, and the author does not give permission for this story to be reproduced for profit. The author makes no claims on the characters or their portrayal by the creation of this story.


Heathrow Airport
London, England

This was a very bad idea and he knew it -- coming out of hiding -- but what was he supposed to do? He couldn't stay away, not any longer. Mulder was going to be furious with him when he found out; Skinner, too. But their feelings were inconsequential in this matter. She was his mother... And she was dying... And this might be the last chance he had to see her alive and make amends.


University of Washington Medical Center
Seattle, Washington

He hated hospitals; always had. He'd spent too much of his childhood in emergency rooms to have any pleasant memories of them. This one wasn't too bad, though. Brightly decorated waiting room with comfortable looking furniture. He took a deep breath and approached the reception desk. The nurse looked up and smiled.

"Hi, can I help you?"

He kept his voice low as he answered. "I'm looking for a patient... Elizabeth Krycek."

"Could you spell the last name please?"

"K - r - y - c - e - k."

The nurse turned to a computer terminal and began typing, then waited for the information to come up on the screen. "She's in Intensive Care. There's a notation that only family are allowed to visit."

He pulled out his ID and flashed it at the nurse. "I'm her son. I think that qualifies me." He returned the ID to his jacket and waited.

"Just follow the double red lines on the floor. Check in with the reception desk when you get there."

"Thank you."


He almost made it. As he neared the reception desk, two women came around the corner, forcing Alex to duck into the men's room. He leaned against the tiled wall and closed his eyes, trying to calm his racing heart. After a few moments he moved to the sink and splashed cold water on his face. It wasn't until he toweled dry that he realized his hand was
shaking.

He'd recognized them immediately. Seventeen years and he still knew their faces -- the twins -- his sisters... Angela and Theresa. The last time he'd seen them they were barely teenagers seeing their big brother off to college. And now... grown women. Very beautiful women from the quick glance he got.

Alex looked at himself in the mirror and stifled a laugh. He could barely remember the last time he'd worn a suit. Hair neatly trimmed, clean shaven; Mulder would have had a hard time recognizing him in his 'junior G-man' look. The thought of his lover brought a tightness to Alex's chest, and he quickly shook it off. He'd have plenty of time to think about a reunion later. Right now he had family business to attend to. Taking a last look in the mirror, Alex steeled himself for the painful encounter he knew was coming, and walked into the corridor.


His sisters were sitting outside the ICU, talking quietly together. Alex approached and stopped in front of them.

"Hey pip-squeaks..."

Both women looked up immediately, staring intently at the man before them. Angela spoke first. "Do we know you?"

"You used to. It's been a long time, kiddo. Way too long."

Theresa stood and moved closer to Alex. "Oh, my God..." She clasped her hands over her mouth and took a step backward. Her sister was at her side immediately.

"Terri, what's wrong? Do you know who this is?"

Theresa shook her head in the affirmative. "It's... our brother... it's David... David's come home at last." She reached out to him and crumbled as the world suddenly turned black.


Alex barely managed to catch his sister before she fell, and gently lowered her to the floor. "Nurse! We need a nurse here!"

"You picked a helluva time for a homecoming, David," Angela hissed, the contempt barely contained in her voice.

Krycek bit off a sarcastic response as two nurses appeared and knelt down beside Theresa. He stood up and took two steps backward, but kept his eyes locked on his sister's prone form.

"What happened?" One of the nurses asked.

Angela remained next to her twin. "She fainted. Sudden shock, I think." She glared at Alex.

The nurses gave Theresa a quick exam, then had her moved to the lounge where she was revived with the aid of some smelling salts. One of the interns checked her again, and assured she was all right, left the three siblings alone.

"David..." Theresa reached out to her brother as she sat up.

"Shhh... Take it easy, Terri." Alex clasped his sister's hand and knelt in front of her. "And it's not David anymore, it's Alex. I had my name legally changed. I didn't want any reminders of him."

"I don't care what you call yourself. I'm just so glad you're back." She pulled her brother close and they hugged. Theresa gasped. "Oh, God... What happened?"

Alex pulled away and stared at the empty left sleeve of his suit jacket. "I had an accident. It's okay. I have a prosthesis, but I hate wearing the damn thing."

Theresa smiled. "C'mere. Let's try this again."

Krycek moved into his sister's arms for another hug.

"Well, isn't this touching? Hmmmph..." Angela spun around and sat down on the opposite side of the room.

Both siblings were misty-eyed when they broke apart. "Terri... I know it's been a long time, and I probably don't have any right to be here..."

"Don't say that!"

"Please, let me finish. I need to explain... You have to know why I did what I did, and why I'm here now."

"Okay, but only if you get off the floor and sit here." Theresa softly patted the couch cushion next to her.

"Deal." Alex positioned himself next to his sister, never losing his grip on her hand. "First let me apologize. I never meant to hurt you or Ange or mom. Especially not mom. It's just that... after I left... it was such a relief to get away from him. To have a normal life, if there is such a thing. I couldn't come back. I couldn't face him again because... because I was afraid. I was terrified of what I'd do to him. I wanted to kill him, Terri. I still do. I probably would have if I'd come back. So I stayed away... and then I couldn't come back because I was too busy trying to stay alive."

"What? What are you talking about? Are you in trouble?"

"Yea, you could say that. It's a long story, so here's the condensed version. I work for the CIA. I went undercover on an assignment and got in way over my head. I managed to gather a lot of incriminating evidence on the group I was investigating and it was turned over to the Justice Department, but the men were never brought to trial. I've been in hiding for almost a year, but I've kept tabs on mom. That's how I knew she was here. And why I've come home. I need to see her, Terri. I need her to understand why I stayed away. I need her to know it wasn't her fault, and that I love her."

"Alex, she knows. We've had a lot of conversations about you since you've been gone. We all came to the conclusion that you never came back because of dad and what he did to you." Theresa shivered. "God, I can't believe mom put up with him as long as she did. He was a monster. The day the divorce became final, we had a party, complete with champagne."

"I wish I could have been there. There's so much I've missed..."

"Well, you can make up for that now. We have so much to talk about. How long are you staying?"

"Only long enough to see mom, I'm afraid. I can't stay, Terri. The longer I do, the more danger I place all of you in. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you or Ange or mom because of me."

"Then, let's go see her. Ange... Angela, I'm taking Alex in to see mom. Do you want to come with us?"

"No... you go ahead. Wouldn't want to spoil the prodigal son's return."

"Ange, that isn't fair and you know it. We've talked about this before."

Angela crossed the room and stood face-to-face with Alex. "You have a lot of fucking nerve coming back here. You expect us to just welcome you back with open arms? Well, it doesn't work that way. Theresa might believe your stories, but I don't. You're nothing but a damned faggot. Dad was right about you; you're soft."

Alex clenched his hand into a fist. He could feel his nails digging into his palm, drawing blood. He concentrated on that pain and spoke. "How dare you! You have no idea who I am, Ange, or what I've had to do to survive. Soft... no, I'm not soft. I never was soft. And who are you to judge me? You're not the one who was tied up and locked in the closet for hours. He didn't sneak into your room at night and..." Alex closed his eyes as if trying to block out the memory.

"Oh, God... no... nonono..." Angela ran from the room in tears.

"Ange..." He turned to Theresa. "What the hell was that all about?"

Theresa stood and clasped her brother's shoulders. "You'll have to forgive her, Alex. She's been through a lot in the past couple years. Her son, Michael, was killed by a drunk driver about a year ago. She fell apart. Her husband couldn't cope and he left her. Then six months ago she was raped by someone she thought was a friend. She's still trying to heal. And now mom... and you showing up suddenly. I don't think talking about dad helped any. I think she's tried to block most of the memories about him out. Just like she's tried to block all the other bad memories she's had lately."

"Jesus!" Alex sat down and stared at the floor, trying to sort out his emotions. He finally looked up at his sister. "I'm sorry... It's just that every time I think about what that bastard put us through... Should I go find Ange and talk to her?"

"No, she'll come back when she's ready. Let's go see mom." She took her brother's hand and led him out of the lounge.


Theresa let him go in alone. Alex stared at the frail body lying in the hospital bed and fought hard not to cry. This was not the strong woman he remembered; the woman who tried desperately to protect her son from an abusive father, even risking her own safety to do so. The once dark hair was now a mass of gray, the skin pale and stretched tightly over her small frame.

A maze of tubes and wires snaked from her body, and Alex realized he was too late. His mother was already dead; the machines the only things keeping her alive. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly, allowing the tears that had been threatening to finally escape and stream down his face.

He dropped to the floor next to the bed and buried his face in his hand. Alex stayed there for some time, allowing all the pain from his childhood and beyond to finally be purged. He rose stiffly, feeling as if a great weight had finally been lifted from him, then pulled a chair next to the bed and sat down, taking his mother's hand in his.

"Mom... it's David... I've come home."


He exited the room an hour or so later, red-eyed, but strangely at peace. Theresa and Angela were waiting for him. Alex smiled and pulled them both into a warm embrace. It wasn't long before they were all crying; not from what they'd lost, but for what they'd found again. A connection that had been severed was now rejoined, and the love they had for each other flowed freely.

Alex pulled away reluctantly, kissing each of his sisters as he did. "I missed you two. I've thought about you a lot lately, especially when I was locked..." Alex shuddered and shook his head. "Never mind. Let's just say you two helped me keep a grip on reality when I really needed it. I love you both very much, and I promise I'll try to keep in touch this time. It may be a bit difficult because of the situation I'm in, but if you really need to get a message to me, you can contact this person." Alex pulled out his wallet, removed a business card and handed it to Theresa.

"Fox Mulder, FBI. I thought you said you worked for the CIA?"

"I do. Mulder's... Mulder's a good friend. You can trust him."

Theresa eyed her brother suspiciously. "As good a friend as Rick Henley was?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alex's cheeks suddenly got warm.

"Alex, we know about you and Rick. We didn't understand it at the time, but we do now. We asked mom after we saw you two kissing."

"Oh, shit! You saw us kissing? And you asked mom about it? Oh, God..." Alex sat down wearily and sighed.

Both women laughed. "It's not as bad as it sounds, really." Theresa continued. "It was the night before you were leaving for college. Ange and I couldn't sleep. We had the window open and I heard voices, so we looked. You and Rick were standing under the tree in the back yard. We couldn't hear what you were saying, but we could see you. Rick put his arms around you and you started kissing and then you went up into the treehouse. We must have fallen asleep, because we didn't see you again until next morning. We asked mom about it that night."

"What did you ask her?"

"We asked her why you and Rick were kissing. Know what she said?"

Alex shook his head no.

"She said you were kissing each other for the same reason everyone else did. Because you loved each other. She said as long as you loved someone it didn't matter who they were; nothing could make it wrong."

"Mom said that? God... I thought she'd freak if she ever found out about me and Rick."

"How long were you two lovers?"

"All through high school. He helped me through a lot of the rough times. I don't know how I would have made it without him."

"And Mulder?"

"Mulder..." Alex grinned. "Yes, we're lovers, but we haven't been for very long. We've known each other for four years. I worked with him when I was undercover. That's another long story. It's been a year since I've seen him."

"A long distance love affair?"

"The Internet is a wonderful thing, Terri. You'd be amazed at what you can incorporate into e-mail these days -- sounds and pictures."

"Do you have a picture of him?" Angela asked.

Alex opened his wallet again and handed it to his sisters. "He's the one on the right."

"You have very good taste in men, Alex," Terri purred. "Who's the big guy?"

Alex laughed. "The 'big guy' as you call him, is Walter Skinner, Assistant Director of the FBI. He's Mulder's boss, and a very good friend to both of us. He helped me get out of the country and cleared my name during the criminal investigation of the case I was on."

"Are you going to see him after you leave here?"

"I don't know. It may be too dangerous for us to meet, but I am going to call him to see if we can arrange something. I miss him terribly." Alex looked up and saw a man in a dark suit staring at the three of them. He quickly turned away and walked down the hall. "Damn! You two stay here and have someone call security." Alex pulled his gun and ran down the hall.

"Alex... Alex wait..."


Krycek entered the stairwell cautiously, his body in full combat mode. He hugged the wall, peering both up and down the stairs before proceeding. 'Okay, Alex, think. Which way would you go?' Deciding he'd want his pursuer to think he was trying to get away so he could sneak up behind him, Alex headed up the stairs.


"Calm down, ladies. One at a time please. Now, what's the problem?" The security officer was between Theresa and Angela trying to find out why he'd been called.

"My brother ran off in that direction," Theresa explained. "He said to call security, then pulled his gun."

"He has a gun?"

"Yes, he's with the CIA."

"Did he say why you should call security?"

"I assume it had something to do with the man he went after. Shouldn't you follow him? He could be in danger."

"What's your brother's name, miss?"

"Alex Krycek."

"And what was he wearing. We don't want to arrest the wrong man, do we?"

"He has on a navy blue suit, white shirt and striped tie. And you shouldn't have any trouble recognizing him because he only has one arm."

"One arm? Okay, let me call this in and we'll get right on it. You two ladies stay here and I'll get back with you."

"Be careful."

"I will, miss. Thank you."

'And you be careful, too, Alex. We don't want to lose you so soon after finding you again.'


Krycek slowly made his way up the stairs, pausing at each floor to check the door back into the hospital. He'd reached the roof level without finding the man. 'Damn, I was wrong! I can't let him get away and report he's seen me.' Alex turned and hurried back down the stairwell. The exit door swung open suddenly, slamming him hard against the wall. He spun around, raised his gun and fired...


Theresa and Angela both jumped at the sound -- it was like a small explosion. The hospital suddenly became a flurry of activity as nurses and orderlies appeared, trying to find out what happened. One of the nurses at the reception desk finally picked up the phone to call the security office to get some answers.


Pain... Searing pain in his shoulder. Alex slowly opened his eyes. The man who'd shot him was lying on the floor, blood streaming from his forehead. 'At least I stopped him.' Krycek took a step forward, gasped, and fell to his knees. "God..."

He crawled over to the body and leaned against the wall. It was then he noticed the hole and splattered blood where he'd just been standing. 'Bullet must have gone clean through my shoulder.' Alex managed to get his jacket off and trade it for the dead man's, then checked the body for ID. There was none. He rose slowly, tucked his gun back into its holster and moved through the exit door. He'd need to find something to stop the bleeding with, and soon. He moved down the corridor, scanning doors as he passed. He finally found the one he was searching for. Luckily for him the hallway was deserted.


Alex had no difficulty picking the lock to the supply closet. He removed his jacket and shirt and somehow managed to get some gauze pads over the wounds. It would have to do for now. He stuffed several more in his jacket pockets along with sterile tape before moving back into the corridor. Now all he had to do was get out of the hospital.

He walked to the elevators and pressed the down button. There were several people already on it when the doors opened. Alex pressed the button for the basement and said a silent prayer.


All the other passengers had gotten off in the lobby. Alex leaned against the elevator wall and winced at the pain. 'Almost there.' The doors to the basement opened and Krycek got out and made his way down the damp corridor. Five minutes later he emerged into semi-darkness and open air. He'd made it. He looked around, trying to get his bearings, before heading for the parking lot and the rental car he had there.


FBI Headquarters
J. Edgar Hoover Building
Washington, DC

Special Agent Fox Mulder scrolled through his e-mail, sat back and frowned. Still no word. It had been almost two weeks since he'd heard from Krycek, and he was beginning to worry. It was bad enough they couldn't be together physically, but not hearing from Alex was driving him crazy. Had the Consortium found him? Was he even still alive? A knock on the door momentarily distracted his line of thinking.

"Come in."

"Agent Mulder, may I speak with you?"

"Of course, sir."

Assistant Director Walter Skinner approached his agent's desk and handed him a file. "The Seattle Police Department filed a homicide report yesterday which was automatically entered into the NCIC's database. It set off every red flag in the system. It was passed along to me for handling."

"What happened?"

"An unidentified male was found shot in a stairwell at the University of Washington Medical Center. No ID; his fingerprints came back with no match. Hospital security had been called prior to the shooting by two women who were at the hospital visiting their mother. Said their brother went after the victim with a gun. The brother's name was Alex Krycek."

"What! Are you sure?"

"Positive. The women's names were Theresa Krycek and Angela Henderson, formerly Krycek -- Alex's sisters."

"Dammit! How the hell could he be so stupid?"

"His mother was dying, Agent Mulder. Would you have been able to stay away?"

Mulder looked up at his boss. "No. How is his mother?"

"She died last night as a result of a stroke." Neither man said anything for a few moments. Skinner continued. "There's something else you should know. The police are fairly certain the shooter was hit as well. They pulled a 9mm round from the stairwell wall. The wall was splattered with blood, but it didn't match the victim's."

"So he's out there alone and hurt? I have to find him, Walter." Mulder got up and grabbed his jacket.

"Hold on just a minute, Fox. I did some checking. Alex rented a car with the credit card I gave him. And he's from the Seattle area, remember? He's probably got friends or contacts who can help him. It won't do you any good to go running after him, especially when you have no idea where to start."

Mulder kicked his trash can, scattering papers across the floor. "I just can't sit here and do nothing! He's hurt... Walter, please..."

"I thought you'd feel that way, so I authorized a 302 for you. Here are your plane tickets. You leave in four hours."

Mulder took the plane tickets from his boss and smiled. "Thanks. I guess I owe you again."

"Big time, Mulder. If you do find him, do me a favor. Find yourselves a hotel and shack up for a week. Maybe if you get laid enough you can spend more time on your actual work, instead of surfing the Internet."

Mulder laughed. "Is that an official order?"

"Consider it one. Just watch your ass. They found Alex once; they can do it again." Skinner turned to leave.

"I will... and Walter... thanks again."

Skinner opened the door and turned to face Mulder. "You're welcome." He closed the door firmly behind him.

Mulder picked up the mess he made, left a note for Scully and hurried home to pack.


852 Prospect
Cascade, Washington

Detective James Ellison pulled into his parking space and got out of his truck slowly. He didn't think it was possible to hurt in so many different places at the same time.

"You okay, Jim? Here, lean on me." Blair Sandburg, Jim's partner, wrapped his arm around the Detective's waist and started walking toward the door.

"Do you want the neighbors to start talking? I'm fine, Chief, really. Just tired." Jim unwrapped himself from the younger man. "When we get inside I'm going to take a long, hot shower, go to bed and sleep for a week. I'm glad we finally wrapped up this case."

"Me, too. That guy gave me the creeps. His eyes... I felt like he was looking right through me."

"And I thought it was just me. Well, we won't have to worry about him for a long time. C'mon, let's go inside."


Jim unlocked the door to the loft, walked in and flipped on the lights.

"Do you want a massage after..."

"Hold it." Ellison put out his arm to stop the younger man from entering, then pulled his gun.

"Jim, what's wrong?"

"I smell blood. Lots of it. Wait here."

"Be careful."

"I will, Sandburg. You just wait there and get ready to run if I tell you to." The Detective made his way carefully through the kitchen, following the scent to the bathroom. He stopped at the door and focused his hearing -- a slow but steady heartbeat, shallow breathing. Jim shook his head. The scent of blood was overwhelming him. 'Focus, Jim. Just like Blair taught you.'

Ellison moved into the bathroom and flipped on the lights, even though he didn't need them. He then moved next to the body. "Sandburg, get in here quick."

A low moan returned Jim's attention to the man lying on the floor. Green eyes surrounded by long lashes slowly opened
to stare at the Detective. "Jim..."

"Shhh... take it easy, Alex. I'm going to call an ambulance."

"No..." He grabbed Jim's arm. "No ambulance; no hospital. They'll kill me if they find me. Please..." Alex pleaded with his eyes.

"Okay, no hospital. Sandburg..."

"I'm right here, Jim. Oh, God..."

"Pull the covers on your old bed and lay some towels down over the sheets. Then put the first aid kit in there and a bowl of warm water mixed with antiseptic. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Sure, but shouldn't we call an ambulance?"

"No, we shouldn't. I'll explain later, Chief. Just hurry will you? He's lost a lot of blood."

"I'm on it." Sandburg grabbed some towels from the cabinet and hurried out the door.

Jim turned back to Krycek, who was smiling at him. "What's so funny?"

"He's a little young for you, don't you think?"

"No, I don't think so. What do you care, anyway? Jealous?"

"Maybe..." Alex smiled again, then winced as Jim tried to sit him up.

"Sorry. I need to get your jacket off."

"S'okay. Just give me some advance warning."

Jim got Krycek's jacket off with relative ease, and he managed to hold back his questions about the missing arm. Getting the shirt off was going to be another matter. The dried blood had it plastered to both the entry and exit wounds. "I'm going to have to cut the shirt off."

"I don't think it's salvageable anyway. Go for it."

"Let's get you into bed first. At least you'll be comfortable. On three, okay? One... two... three..."


Alex woke several hours later surrounded by darkness. His heart began to pound in his chest and his breath quickened. He clasped the sheet and bit back the scream that was forcing its way past his lips.

"Alex?" Ellison was standing over him, a concerned look on his face.

"No! Stay away!..." Alex tried to get up and gasped as the pain hit him.

"Shit!" Jim flipped on the bedside lamp, sat down and reached out for Krycek. "Alex, it's me... it's Jim... you're okay... it's okay." Jim kept talking to him, caressing his hand and arm, until he heard Alex's heart rate return to normal. "Are you all right?"

"Yea... I don't like the dark... Sorry."

"No problem. Let me take a look at your shoulder in case you started bleeding again." A quick check revealed everything was all right. "Since when are you afraid of the dark?"

"Since I got locked in an abandoned missile silo for three days with an alien spaceship and its occupant."

"What!? What the hell are you talking about? I think I better get you to a hospital, you're obvious delirious."

"Jim, listen to me..." Alex squeezed his eyes shut and took a deep breath.

"Hey... don't zone out on me, man. I'm sorry. I believe you." Ellison held Alex's hand tightly and caressed his face. "Shhh... I'm here, Alex. Nothing's going to hurt you while I'm here."

Alex opened his tear-filled eyes and stared at Jim. "I'm sorry. Thanks... thanks for helping me and taking me in like this."

"Like I had a choice? I never could refuse you anything..."

Alex felt himself blushing. "That was a long time ago, Jim."

"I know... But if you hadn't seduced me, I may never have taken a closer look at my feelings, and I probably wouldn't be here now with Blair and... and I don't want to think about what my life would be like without him."

"That special, huh?"

"More than special... He's my soulmate, Alex. I've never needed or loved anyone the way I need and love Blair."

Alex grinned and squeezed the big man's hand. "I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad you finally found someone. He looks like a good kid... and I emphasize the word kid."

"Jesus, Alex, you make it sound like I robbed the cradle or something. Blair's 28 years old and working on his doctoral dissertation."

"And you're how old?"

"Thirty-five... that's only seven years difference. I've known married couples with more difference in their ages than that."

"Just checking..."

"You... you get some sleep before you drive me crazy. You need anything?"

"Well... actually, yes. Mmmm... I need to... um..."

Jim used his heightened senses to scan Alex. "Oh... say no more. I'll be right back." Jim returned a minute later carrying a bedpan.

"A bedpan? You just happened to have one lying around?"

"What can I say? Blair's accident prone. You need a hand?" Jim winced when he realized what he'd said.

Alex ignored his comment. "If you don't mind."

"No, of course not."


Jim came back into the room, and settled into the chair he'd pulled next to the bed. "Better?"

"Yea, thanks. Can I bother you for something else?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Some water, please."

"Here, I've got some ice chips." Jim gave him a few spoonfuls, then sat back in the chair.

"You need anything else?"

"Will you tell me a story?" Alex grinned wickedly.

Jim pulled the covers over the other man. "Good night, Alex. Try to get some rest. I'll be right here if you need anything."

"Thanks, Jim. 'Night."


"Jim?..."

"Come on in, Chief."

Sandburg padded silently over to his lover and kissed him gently on the forehead. "How's he doing?" Blair gestured toward Alex's sleeping form.

"A little better. We'll just have to keep an eye on him until his shoulder heals and he's strong enough to leave."

"You planning on spending the night down here?"

"Yea, Chief, I am." Jim pulled Blair into his lap, positioning the younger man so he was straddling him in the chair. "I promise I'll make it up to you. I just want to make sure Alex is okay."

"Hey, man, I understand. It's just lonely in that big bed without you."

"Well then let's see if I can make you feel a little less lonely." Jim tilted his head slightly, pressing his lips to Blair's while wrapping his arms around the younger man's waist.

Sandburg shifted in Jim's lap, inching forward until his groin was pressed against the big man's stomach; then planting his feet firmly on the floor, he slid seductively up and down his lover's chest.

Jim smiled and broke the kiss. "Chief... who's seducing who here?"

Blair chuckled. "Just giving you a little incentive, big guy."

Ellison moved his hands over his lover's hips, then slowly slid them up and down the younger man's thighs. He could hear Blair's heart rate increase, feel his skin temperature rise as he stroked him, smell his arousal. He leaned forward to capture Blair's nipple, licking and sucking until it formed a hard peak, then grazing it lightly with his teeth.

"Oh... Jim..." Blair began thrusting his hips, his ass rubbing against Jim's hard cock.

"You like that, baby? Does it feel good?"

"Oh, God, you know it does, Jim. Don't stop... Please..."

Jim slid his tongue across Blair's chest, through the soft tangle of hair to his other nipple, where he repeated his ministrations, never stopping his caresses to the younger man. Jim tugged gently at the nipple ring, the metallic taste contrasting sharply with Blair's salty skin.

Blair hissed and reached down to free his aching cock from his boxers. He ran his fingers over the slit, gathering pre-ejaculate before grasping the shaft firmly and pumping.

"That's it, baby..." Jim whispered huskily. "Cum for me... Show me how hot I make you." He returned to licking and sucking Blair's nipples, then slid his hands in his lover's boxers to squeeze Sandburg's ass. Jim rubbed up and down the crack, teased the opening, pressed slightly inside.

"Jim..." Blair rubbed his cock faster, teetering on the edge.

"Come on, baby, I know you're close. I want to feel your hot cum all over me. I'm going to use it as lube... rub it all over my cock and fuck your ass. It's going to feel so good... my hard cock pumping in and out of your tight, hot ass."

"Yes... oh, Jim, yes... yesyesyes..." Blair exploded, his cum splashing against the other man's stomach.

Jim pulled Blair close and kissed him deeply. "I love you, Chief." He cradled the younger man against his shoulder.

"I... I... oh, man..." Blair panted. "I love you, too, Jim. Always..." Sandburg put his arms around his lover and held him tightly.

"Blair..." Jim paused, suddenly picking up Alex's increased breathing and heart rate. "Oh, shit... C'mon, Chief, time to take this party elsewhere."

"What?..."

Jim stood up, sliding Blair off his lap. He took his lover's hand and led him into the living room, closing the bedroom door behind them.


Alex heard the two men leave and took a deep breath, both to calm himself and to keep from crying. Listening to Jim and Blair's lovemaking had only reminded him how much he missed Mulder.

He took another deep breath and let it out slowly. He'd have a long talk with Jim tomorrow; ask him to contact Mulder, just to let him know Alex was all right. Maybe Mulder could come to Cascade. Maybe...

Alex stopped trying to hold back the tears. He needed Mulder with him, now more than ever. He turned over, ignoring the pain in his shoulder and focused on a point across the room. After awhile his eyes started to drift close and sleep began to overtake him. Krycek smiled as the darkness surrounded him.

"Fox..."


Back to the Lair                                                                                                                  Next