The Power for Revenge by Mrs. Fish T'lera made her way through the temple -- checking each body -- desperately hoping that one of her sisters was left alive to tell what had happened. But it was not to be. Still, there was hope. Three of the acolytes were missing -- either taken for the raider's pleasure, or to be sold to slavers. She said a silent prayer that they would survive their journey until T'lera could track them down. But first she needed to tend to the dead. A terrible sorrow filled her as T'lera gathered the bodies and laid them carefully upon the wood she had gathered. And as the flames spread across the pyre, so did her anger. "I will avenge you, my sisters," she whispered. "This I swear." ***** The full moon hung above T'lera like a naked bulb, its brightness only momentarily dimmed by an occasional passing cloud. She raised her arms above her head and cried, "I beseech thee, my Goddess! Grant me the power to avenge the senseless slaughter of those who served you." She waited a moment, desperately hoping for some sign that her pleas were heard. But there was nothing. So she shouted again. "Oh, most powerful Goddess. Allow me to exact revenge upon those who have taken your faithful ones for their sinister purposes." Still, nothing happened. T'lera didn't understand. The Goddess had never turned her back on her priestesses before. She had to try one more time. "My Goddess, hear me. Give me the strength to track down those who defiled your temple and murdered your faithful servants. I beg thee!" All at once a surge of power shot through her body, nearly toppling T'lera with its intensity. Lightning flashed from her fingertips -- a power no raider could withstand. She calmed herself, drawing a deep breath, then dropped to her knees. "Thank you, my Goddess. Vengeance shall be yours." ***** The next morning T'lera rode out, following the raider's tracks. She had sufficient supplies to last for several days, but would hunt if necessary. She had her bow and sword and a small knife. Spurred now by the fire of revenge, T'lera urged her mount forward as a slow grin spread across her face. It was going to be a pleasure finding the raiders. Only not for them. The end.