------------------------------------- WITH AUTHORITY By Lianne Burwell January 2002 Originally published in Even Less To Hide ------------------------------------- "I'm bored," Hawkeye said, flicking a playing card towards the hat lying open end up on the ground. He didn't even smile when it landed inside. "Bored, bored, bored. Are you bored, Trapp?" Trapper, fellow surgeon, best friend and one of the few good things about being in Korea, looked up. Trapper casually flicked one of his own cards at the hat. It went in. He didn't celebrate the score either. Of course, the large pile of cards in the hat and the tiny handful on the ground around it spoke volumes about how much time they'd spent at this particular activity. "Yep," he said. "I'm bored." Another card landed in the hat. "Want another drink?" Hawkeye shook his head. "I've had too many already," he said regretfully. A surgeon in an army MASH unit couldn't afford to get drunk very often unless he was on leave. Of course, that hadn't stopped him before. Then he added "And we're out." Trapper glanced over at the still in surprise. "Oh, right." The collection beaker only had a few drops collected in the bottom. They sat and watched as another drop formed, trembled and... they held their breath. It dropped. They both exhaled, then snickered. "Well, it's one step up from watching paint dry or grass grow," Hawkeye said with a grin. Then the grin disappeared. "I'm bored." "You already said that," Trapper pointed out. "So I'm *still* bored." "Then find something to do. Seduce a nurse or something." Hawkeye shook his head, knowing that he was becoming maudlin. "I'm tired of using sex as a distraction. Hell, I'm tired of being a distraction for someone else. I want to do something *new*." He wasn't the only one tired of the usual. He hadn't seen Trapper doing more than chasing the occasional nurse but not bothering to catch them. For the first time in God only knew how long the ward was just about empty. The current cease-fire had lasted almost a month now, so they didn't even have the hell of twelve hour shifts in the OR to keep them busy. Not that he wanted that to change, Hawkeye hurriedly assured anyone or anything listening in. He much preferred boredom to that. "So," he said, going back to the card toss. "Got any ideas?" "Nope," Trapper drawled, hitting the bullseye again. "Damn." * * * * * The next day, Hawkeye and Trapper were heading for the mess tent to see what sort of mess the camp's so-called cooks had whipped up for them. "Bet it's liver." "Nah," Trapper said. "Fish." "And instant mash with lumpy gravy." "Might be some fresh vegetables. It is harvest time." "Dream on, pal. Anything fresh goes straight to the brass. It'll be canned peas, already turned to olive-green mush. Matches the uniforms, after all." "Not that either of *you* ever bother with uniforms," a sneering voice said from behind them. They turned and found Major Frank Burns standing there in proper military dress. He was glaring at their bathrobes, which they hadn't bothered to take off before leaving the Swamp, as they affectionately called the tent they shared with the man. "Morning, Frank," the two men chorused. "It's twelve oh five," he pointed out. "It's not morning anymore." Hawkeye sighed. "All right then. Afternoon, Frank." The man just sniffed and walked past them, heading towards the chief nurse's tent. Both Hawkeye and Trapper made rude faces at his back, then snickered. It was a pity he wasn't heading for lunch too. Frank-baiting was one of their few pleasures these days. "What do you think she sees in him?" Trapper said, watching Frank knock on the door and wait to be allowed in. "Someone who does *everything* she tells him to," Hawkeye said as he watched Frank run a hand over his hair to make sure it was smooth, before he opened the door and disappeared inside. "Well, she is a woman." "Huh?" Hawkeye said, slightly confused. "Well, the Brits call women 'birds.'" "I don't get it." "Birds go after worms!" Trapper said, beaming brightly. Hawkeye groaned. "Bad, very bad," he said, waggling a finger at the other man. Lunch turned out to be meatloaf, and neither of them was willing to ask what *kind* of meat. They were probably better off not knowing. Instead, they doused it and the unpleasant looking vegetables that came with it with a double-dose of instant gravy, which was never mixed well enough to get rid of the lumps. Coffee that could double as battery acid washed it down. In other words, typical army food. "Look at that, would you," Hawkeye said, waving his fork towards the lineup. Frank and Chief Nurse Margaret Houlihan -- affectionately referred to as Hot Lips for obvious reasons -- had arrived for lunch. Frank was carrying the tray while Margaret served for both of them. Trapper shook his head. "He can't even pick his own lunch? Not that there's much to pick," he added. "What do you think makes a man roll over and play dead for a woman that way?" Trapper shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe his dad was the same way. Maybe his mother was overbearing. Maybe his older sisters pushed him around when he was a kid and he expects it." "Does he have sisters?" Hawkeye asked, distracted by the idea. "Who knows? Anyway, if you really want to know these things, ask Sydney the next time he stops by." Hawkeye was still watching Frank dancing attendance to Margaret and managed to down several forkfuls of lunch without tasting them. Suddenly he grinned, a thought occurring to him, one he'd had before. "Or maybe he just needs a good man," he said brightly, then shut up. * * * * * The afternoon rounds -- such as they were -- were finished, and they even helped with the latest inventory, forms done in triplicate to make the bean-counters happy. Hawkeye and Trapper headed back for the Swamp. The still had produced just enough moonshine for them to each have half a glass. It wasn't much, but it was raw and potent. "So, Hawk. What exactly did you mean earlier?" "Earlier, when?" "Lunch. When you said Frank needed a good man. You can't seriously be suggesting that Frank is *gay*." Hawkeye shrugged. "Why not? He's always been a little, you know," he said, flapping a hand in the air to illustrate his point. "He's married! With three kids, no less." "So? Maybe he's hiding it. Maybe he's pretending he isn't. Maybe he just doesn't realize it yet." "But, Frank? Gay? He hates gays." "So? Maybe he just hates himself. Actually, I *know* he hates himself. This is just another reason for it. Besides, he kinda reminds me of a guy back home. Heavy into denial, he was." Trapper paused to think about it. "So what did you mean by a good man?" "Well look at him. Look at what he responds to. Command, presence, forceful personality. Hell, Hot Lips is practically a man, if you ignore the figure, the hair and those lips." It was a good point. Margaret had more balls than a platoon of men and more command than a five-star general. "So she's a substitute for what he really wants?" "Exactly! Sooo, maybe we should *get* him what he really wants." Trapper's jaw dropped. This conversation was starting to get even stranger than Hawkeye usually got. Speculation was one thing, but this was getting serious. "You cannot be serious. Do you know what that could do to him? He gets *caught* in a gay relationship, he gets a dishonorable discharge, a divorce and a ruined career." Hawkeye sighed. "I suppose you're right. Ferret-face may be annoying, but I wouldn't do that to him." But he still had that thoughtful look on his face. Trapper eyed him suspiciously, but decided to drop the subject. If *he* dropped it, then maybe Hawkeye would. Still, it was an intriguing thought. Frank Burns, by the book military man, a closet case. * * * * * Two days later, the intercom flared to life in the middle of the night. "Incoming wounded! Looks like the cease-fire is over. All doctors report to triage." Trapper pushed himself upright, reaching for his clothes even before he opened his eyes. He caught Hawkeye's eye as he tied his boots. "Looks like you don't have to complain about being bored anymore," he said. Hawkeye's mouth twisted into an almost bitter grin. "I think I preferred being bored," he said. Trapper sighed. "You and me both, pal," he said. Then they headed for where they could see the ambulances already arriving. * * * * * Three days later, Hawkeye was exhausted. He was beginning to regret ever saying that he'd been bored. As usual, the resumption of hostilities had resulted in even hotter fighting, resulting in a near constant stream of wounded passing through the 4077 and all of the other MASH units in the area. When the last of the wounded had been treated and either shipped off to another unit or moved into the ward, he and Trapper showered, then stumbled towards the Swamp, doing their best to keep each other propped up. They came through the door and collapsed onto their respective cots. Then Hawkeye froze. There were more than two people in the tent. That wasn't right. Frank was pulling first shift in the ward, so it should be just him and Trapper. He rolled over and propped himself up on his elbows, then groaned. "Pierce, McIntyre." "Please tell me I'm hallucinating, Hawk," Trapper pled from the other cot. "If you're seeing General McArthur, you're hallucinating. If you're seeing our favorite spy and all-round nutcase, Colonel Flagg, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you." "I was afraid you were going to say that," Trapper said with a groan. "So, Colonel," Hawkeye said. "What brings you to our neck of the woods. Or are you someone else today?" Flagg, from past encounters, was just a little too enamored with undercover games. The man stared at him stonily. "I am here to investigate an important lead." "Of course you are." "National security could be at risk." "Naturally," Trapper chimed in from where he was lying on his cot, eyes shut as if he could deny anything was happening because he couldn't see it. "Important information, crucial to the war, is passing through this MASH unit." "Which war?" Trapper asked. "This one." "Who's sending it?" Hawkeye asked, not bothering to point out that technically, it wasn't a war. "Unknown." "Who's it going to?" "Unknown." "What's it about?" "Unknown." Hawkeye flopped back down onto his pillow, groaning. "So you're here to find a conduit of information that you don't know anything about except that it exists." "Exactly. And I expect the two of you to cooperate." "Cooperate with what?" Hawkeye asked, exasperated. "The only thing I'm cooperating with is getting some sleep before the next batch of wounded starts arriving," Trapper added, his voice fuzzy with fatigue. Hawkeye knew just how he felt. "Fine," he said, before Flagg could say anything else. "If we hear anything about sensitive information about anything coming through, we'll give you a shout. Now, will you go away and let us get some rest?" "Very well. But remember, I'll be watching you." There was silence for a moment, then Hawkeye heard the door swung open and shut, followed by the sound of someone careening into a garbage barrel. A few muttered curses made him snicker to himself. When he opened his eyes, Flagg was mercifully gone. "I wonder what Sydney would make of *him*," he asked. The only answer was a soft snore. Well, whatever chaos Flagg was about to inflict on them, he wanted to be well-rested for it. Hawkeye pulled his blanket up around his ears and followed his tent-mate into blissful oblivion. * * * * * The next morning dawned bright and sunny, not too hot and not too cold. In short, as close to a perfect day as you could get when you were stuck in the middle of a war half- way around the world from home. Of course, one side-effect of being stuck in a war-zone and coming off of more than forty-eight hours on duty were weird dreams, and last night's had been a humdinger, Hawkeye thought to himself as he headed for the showers. "Oh! Pardon me, Captain Pierce." Hawkeye stopped, having run into a pint-sized roadblock. He finally gave up and opened his eyes, forced to admit that he was awake. "Morning, Radar." "Good morning, Captain, sir. Well, sort of good. Kinda." Hawkeye frowned at the flustered young corporal. "What's wrong? One of your pets sick or something?" "Oh, no sir, of course not. I would have come to see you if they were." Hawkeye smiled. He was a sucker when it came to this innocent kid, and if keeping him innocent included making house calls for rabbits and goats, so be it. "Then what?" Radar glanced around, checking to see if anyone was close enough to hear, then leaned forward. "Colonel Blake had a visitor last night." "And?" Hawkeye prompted. "He wanted information about something he didn't know about, but because he didn't know what it was he couldn't tell the Colonel what the Colonel was supposed to tell him about, and even if he did know what it was about, he wouldn't be able to tell the Colonel anyway." Hawkeye blinked, trying to make sense of the run-on sentence. Then he remembered his dream from the night before. "Please don't tell me that it was Colonel Flagg," he pleaded. Radar's eyes went wide. "How did you know?" Hawkeye groaned. "It came to me in a dream," he replied, then kept heading towards the showers. Five minutes later, Trapper staggered in carrying a towel and a tin cup with his toiletries in it. Hawkeye waited until Trapper had turned on the water and started soaping up. When he was reasonable sure that the other man was awake, he said, "So, Trapp. Any interesting dreams last night?" Trapper shuddered. "Just a really strange nightmare." "It wouldn't have starred our favorite military unintelligence officer, would it?" Trapper stared at him suspiciously for a second, then groaned. "Flagg?" "Bingo." "Shit." Hawkeye laughed. "You said it, I didn't. Apparently he's been pestering our not so fearless leader." "Refresh my memory: What is he after this time?" Hawkeye shrugged. "Who knows? He doesn't, and if he did, he wouldn't tell anyone." "Great. That means he's going to stick around and make our lives miserable." "Doesn't he always?" Trapper rolled his eyes. "And besides, there's nothing to find." Hawkeye stopped in the middle of brushing his teeth. "How so?" he asked around a mouthful of toothpaste, then spat. "Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but we're talking Flagg- logic, or lack thereof." "Simple. If there was anything in the least bit suspicious going on around here, Frank would have the MPs here poking into every nook and cranny." Hawkeye brightened up. "Point taken. Anything Flagg would be interested in would be just the sort of thing Frank would notice." Namely, anything useless. Frank Burns dragged the MPs out for everything, including a Korean family burying a bomb that turned out to be a Kimchee pot. "Right, so there can't be anything going on." Hawkeye laughed, then picked up his bar of soap. "That makes a weird sort of sense, you know." He started running it over his chest, then stopped as a thought occurred to him. He grinned, then went back to what he'd been doing. "What?" Trapper asked, staring at him suspiciously. "You know, I was just thinking." "Uh-oh. I know what happens when you get that look in your eye. It can't be good. Give." Hawkeye glanced around to make sure that no one was listening to them -- which wasn't likely, since they were the only ones in the showers -- then leaned in closer. "Remember what I said about Frank?" "You've said plenty of things about Frank." "Besides that. I mean what I said about him and Margaret." Trapper blinked confusedly for a few moments, then frowned. "About Margaret being a substitute? You aren't suggesting what I think you're suggesting, are you?" "Well..." "Frank and Flagg? Are you nuts?" "Come on! He's everything Frank goes for. Forceful, authoritarian, higher rank. If Flagg said jump, Frank wouldn't even ask how high, he'd just start jumping until he was told to stop." Trapper was beginning to look a little nauseous. "Yeah, but..." "Flagg would give Frank the orders he so obviously wants and Frank would feed Flagg's ego. A match made in heaven." Trapper turned on the water again, long enough to wash off the soap. "The scary thing is," he said, wrapping his towel around his waist, "that actually made sense." "Of course it does. Come one, let's go see what horrors are disguising themselves as breakfast." As they left the tent, neither one of them noticed the pair of feet under the partition of the last stall. * * * * * Frank Burns moved through the MASH 4077 camp, unwilling to head for his tent to face his tent-mates, pitiful excuses for officers that they were. Neither one of them had any respect for rank or military discipline. They might be all right surgeons, but they were disgraces to the uniforms that they never wore. He nodded to the sentry as he passed the man, but made a mental note to put him on report. The private looked reasonably alert, but he hadn't challenged Frank. He also hadn't saluted him. The first could be forgiven, since he would have recognized a superior officer, but not the second. But even the thought of the soldier's punishment couldn't cheer him up. Margaret was gone, off on a three day pass to Tokyo. Worse, she was ignoring him. She was angry because he hadn't yet told his wife that he wanted a divorce. She just didn't understand why that wasn't possible. He'd married Louise to get his own father out of a bind, and if he tried to get a divorce, her father would... No, best not to think of what might happen. His father-in- law was not someone you wanted to cross. Frank stopped and took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm himself. Margaret was just going to have to understand. But what if she didn't? He *needed* Margaret. She was the only one who'd every really understood him, understood what he needed. He couldn't lose her. The thought of it made him wanted to curl up and die. He went back to the deep breathing. Once he had himself back under control, he looked around. He found that his wanderings had taken him almost full circle, back to the hospital tent. He was standing right outside one of the tents that served as VIP quarters when they had VIPs to host, which wasn't very often. Looking at his watch in the glow of a nearby bulb, blurred by a light mist, he realized that the night was half-over. If he was going to get any sleep before they played reveille, he needed to go to the Swamp now. With any luck, Pierce and McIntyre would be asleep. He turned to do that when he heard a soft noise. He whirled around, ready to tear a strip off of whoever was creeping up behind him, when something impacted his skull, right behind one ear, and everything went black. * * * * * Frank groaned, wondering when they'd replaced the morning tape of trumpets playing -- certainly better than asking Radar to do it -- with one of drums. Then he came to enough to realize that it wasn't morning and the drums were playing *inside* his head. He opened his eyes, but that didn't do him any good. Where ever he was, it was pitch black. Frank shifted slightly, and it got even worse. He was sitting on a chair, his arms and legs tied to the cold metal. He could tell that the metal was cold because his clothes were gone. In fact, he was naked except for two strips of cloth, one over his mouth and the other over his eyes. That was why he couldn't see anything. Frank whimpered, tugging at the knots restraining him. It was North Koreans, he knew it. They'd snuck into camp and grabbed him because he was an officer. Now they were going to torture him for information, then kill him. He would never see home again, or his kids. Margaret would never have the chance to forgive him, take him back. He heard a door open, and footsteps coming closer. He pulled at the ropes, frantic now. He didn't want to die like this; like a pig trussed up for the slaughter. His stomach clenched, and he squeezed his legs together to keep from pissing himself. He flinched as a hand grabbed the back of his blindfold and ripped it off, taking a hunk of hair with it. He yelled into the gag in pain. The light from the bulb hanging over his head blinded him for a moment. A moment later, the gag came off too. "I don't know what you think you'll get from me, but I'll tell you *nothing*!" he blustered, blinking furiously to clear his watering eyes even though he wasn't sure he *wanted* to be able to see what was coming. "Are you sure about that, Major?" a familiar -- and definitely *not* Korean -- voice said. Frank sagged in relief as the speaker came into view. "Colonel Flagg, thank heaven you found me," he said. "Quick, get me loose. We have to get out of here before they come back." "Before who comes back?" "The North Koreans, of course." Flagg was smiling, sort of, and something in the expression made Frank shiver. "There are no North Koreans in the area. Or do you know otherwise?" Frank blinked, confused. "Then who hit me?" The corner of Flagg's mouth twitched slightly, and Frank's eyes went wide. But why would the Colonel want to kidnap him. "I don't understand," he said, shifting uneasily. His eyes were adjusting to the dim light, and he realized that he was inside one of the VIP tents he'd been walking past when someone... when Flagg had hit him over the head. Flagg was frowning now. "And here I thought you were a smart man. A soldier who let nothing escape his notice. The man to talk to if you want to know what is going on in this area." Frank's chest puffed up: something that was a little difficult to do with his hands tied behind his back. "I am," he said proudly. "And you haven't noticed anything? Nothing suspicious? Nothing that you should have reported to military intelligence?" Flagg was right in his face, bent over, leaning with his hands pressing down on Frank's thighs. His breath, smelling strangely of fresh toothpaste, was hot in Frank's face. His expression was hard, his demeanor forceful. In fact, Flagg reminded Frank of Margaret. Yes, very much like Margaret. That's why he was starting to tremble with... No, it was fear. It had to be fear. And yet, why would he be fearful of the Colonel? The man was an American. One of the good guys. A man who risked his life daily in the name of his country. Strong and muscular and clean-cut handsome in his uniform. He looked like he should be on a recruiting poster. Of course he couldn't be, it would endanger national security, but he should be. Frank licked his lips, trying to work up enough moisture to speak. "No," he said, flinching when his voice broke. He took a deep breath and steadied himself. "No, nothing. And I watch for *anything* suspicious. In fact, it's been so quiet that that is almost suspicious in itself." "Are you sure of that?" Flagg said, leaning in even closer. He sounded disappointed, but no matter how much Frank searched his mind, he couldn't find anything to take that disappointment away. And he wanted to, he realized. Flagg backed off a little, and Frank found himself strangely disappointed. "But if you did notice something, you would contact me?" he asked. "Of course," Frank said immediately. "At least, if I knew how to," he was forced to add. He knew that the Colonel's work took him all over Korea, and no one knew where he was at any given moment. "Well then, we'll have to make sure that you can contact me," Flagg said, straightening up. He stared at the canvas wall behind Frank, a thoughtful expression on his face. He was so close that Frank had to look up the length of the man's body. It made him look even more impressive. Then Flagg looked down at him, a small smile -- a rare expression for the man -- on his face. "I will give you a number. If you uncover anything, you will call it and leave a message. As soon as I receive the message, I will come here for the details. As well, I will visit from time to time. You will meet me when I contact you with a complete report ready. You will tell no one of these visits. You will tell no one that you are reporting to me. This is national security. Do you understand?" "Of course, sir," Frank said automatically, staring up. Flagg nodded. He looked almost proud of Frank, and Frank responded eagerly. This man was a true hero, and he wanted to please the man. "Very good," Flagg said, still towering over Frank. "You are a true patriot, Major Burns. A credit to flag and uniform, and you will be rewarded for it." "I don't need to be rewarded for doing my duty," Frank protested. "But I insist," Flagg said, resting his hands on Frank's shoulders. He was leaning closer now. His height and Frank's seated position meant that Frank was eye-level with his... Frank gulped as the crisp, clean fabric of the man's uniform rubbed against his cheek. Behind it he could feel the firm, hot mass of the man's... Frank shuddered. His head was spinning, trying to figure out was going on. The man hadn't needed to abduct him to get him to agree to report to the man. And this talk of rewards... The colonel's hands lifted and went to his fly. Frank's mouth dropped in confusion as the man undid the buttons, one by one, then reached inside to pull out... Frank's eyes tried to cross as he stared at the penis. He'd never seen one this close up, especially one that was... partially erect and getting more so as its owner stroked it slowly. "I..." I don't understand was what he was going to say, but his mouth was suddenly blocked. "Take it," Flagg growled. "You know you want it." Frank almost choked as the man started moving, but Flagg backed off slightly so that he could breathe. But why was the man doing this? He couldn't possibly be... He couldn't think that *Frank* was... And yet he could feel a throbbing in his own pants. The position was very familiar, one of Margaret's favorites. She would tie him up, make him please her, and if he did it well, she would do the same for him. If he didn't, though, she would leave him restrained and aroused, unable to do anything about it. A groan from above his head brought him back to his current position. Flagg was enjoying this, he realized, and something about that was very exciting. Experimentally, he pressed his tongue against the underside of the man's penis as he pressed forward, and Flagg groaned again, a little louder. *He* was making the man groan. Suddenly emboldened by the realization, he cast caution to the winds. He was a patriot. He was credit to his uniform. He was pleasing a true man. * * * * * When Frank came to, the sky was getting light and he was alone in the VIP tent. Flagg had untied him and left him lying on the cot, which was surprising, since he didn't remember passing out. Frank sat up and stretched. He was covered in scrapes and bruises, but other than that, he felt surprisingly light and relaxed. Better than he had since his last fight with Margaret. His clothing was scattered around the tent and his watch, when he found it, confirmed that it was a half hour until dawn. It had been less that three hours since he'd been knocked out while walking the camp. A careful check to the back of his head found the lump. He winced, but it didn't seem too bad. As near as he could tell, he didn't have a concussion. He dressed quickly, the cracked the tent door open just wide enough to check to see if anyone was around. The coast clear, he slipped out, heading for his own tent. On the outside, he looked as calm and cool as ever, but inside he was reeling. Colonel Flagg had done things to him, things that no one, not even Margaret, had ever done. And he'd promised more if Frank found things out for him. Frank stopped in the middle of the pathway, a thought occurring to him. If anyone found out what had happened in that tent, It could kill his career. His marriage. And if it happened again, the chances of getting caught would grow. But if he *didn't* go along, would Flagg report what had happened? Flagg could expose Frank, get him dishonorably discharged. But could Flagg do that without getting himself in trouble? Did he want to take that risk? Realizing that he was going to attract attention just standing there, Frank started to walk again. His shorts was chafing slightly under his uniform, and it reminded him of Flagg's hands, Flagg's mouth, making him cum again and again. He'd never cum so many times in the space of two hours. No wonder he'd passed out the last time. Even his lips were still swollen, the taste of the other man in his mouth, and he knew he wasn't going to refuse. No matter what the risk, he wanted it again. He wanted more, all the things Flagg had promised to do to him. With that thought in mind, he started planning. To get the promised rewards, he needed to find information that would interest his Colonel. And find it he would, because he was a patriot. * * * * * Hawkeye had the morning shift, so when reveille started playing, he forced his eyes open and sat up. A pleasant breeze was blowing through the netting of the tent walls, it being that brief, perfect spring weather between the cold of winter and the heat of summer. If it could just be like this year round, being in Korea would be like a camping trip. Well, except for the periodic bombings and the constant flow of wounded. Hawkeye stretched and yawned, trying to keep quiet. Trapper had been stuck with the late shift, and he needed his sleep. Then he paused, frowning at the third cot. It was empty. No Frank. And it didn't look like it had been slept in either. That wasn't like Frank. Then the tent door creaked open, and Frank came in, as if he'd been summoned by the thought. "Up early, Frank?" Hawkeye asked. He was a little disappointed when the man who had been looking over his shoulder as he came in didn't jump out of his skin. In fact, for Frank, that was pretty unusual. The man was usually a little more nervous, especially when Hot Lips was away and he wasn't getting any. "Hmmm?" Frank blinked, then shrugged. He stumbled towards his cot and flopped on it in a most un-Frank-like way, already half-way asleep, confirming to Hawkeye that he hadn't been anywhere near a bed all night. But he didn't look like he'd been doing his usual "Margaret is away" or "Margaret is angry at me" pacing either. His uniform was wrinkled, his shirt un-tucked, and he had a dazed expression on his face. In fact, he looked a lot like he did after a night with Margaret. Maybe the head nurse was back in camp a day early and they'd made up. Frank started snoring, and Hawkeye shrugged as he started getting dressed. Whatever the cause, if Frank had gotten laid, he would be much easier to deal with. And better yet, no one had seen Flagg in a couple days. Sneaking out the door, making sure it didn't slam behind him, waking to the two sleeping doctors, Hawkeye headed off to start another exciting day in South Korea. END STORY