Hearts of Darkness by Jmas

Stargate SG1 Novel - Gen. B/W cover picture, no inside art. 160 pages, Spiral binding.

Publisher: Pyramid Press

Review: Anyone familiar with Stargate Fanfic by Jmas can guess that this is a great story.  For those who have not read her fanfic, what are you waiting for?

"Hearts of Darkness" is another great offering from Jmas.  It has all the elements of good Stargate.  SG-1 (as in Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c) facing off against an enemy from the past bent on revenge.  There's teamwork, there's Jack and Daniel abuse, okay, lots of Daniel abuse.

Good scenes with Sam and Teal'c as they work with their allies to rescue their team members.

The Nox and the Tollans have roles, and we see General Hammond leave Earth, along with Janet Fraser and Jacob Carter to assist.

The novel starts off with SG1 home and recovering from a particular bad mission.  Each member hears a call for help and responds.  In the gate room they are met by Lya of the Nox who asks for their immediate help.  Instantly, SG1 is thrown into the middle of a battle for the Nox planet against Klorel, in a new host, who is plotting revenge against the one human he hates most, Daniel Jackson.

I highly recommend "Hearts of Darkness" for any Stargate fan, especially if you like team driven stories.

Reviewed by: vfoster