Reach Out and Touch Someone, by Fox and Caroline Baker.
We are not now, nor have we ever been, Aaron Sorkin.


-----
[23:17] Fox: When you have an elbow injury, it's actually the worst. Not the most painful, because it's not a weight-bearing joint, but certainly the most inconvenient, particularly if it's your favored arm. People have to help you do all *sorts* of things that you normally do for yourself ...
[23:17] Fox: Go.
---

"Danny. I need your help."

"Casey. What could you possibly need at --" he twisted his neck to look at the clock radio -- "four-thirty in the morning that was so important you had to call me. And thus wake me up."

There was a pause. "Well, I'm sorry to bother you then."

"Goddammit, Casey. You already woke me up."

"You know that I'm injured, right?"

Dan sighed, wishing Casey could see him roll his eyes. "You sprained your wrist. It's not exactly a life-threatening condition."

"I sprained my elbow. There's a world of difference."

"How'd you manage to sprain your elbow without hurting your wrist, anyway?"

Casey mumbled something. "Tpdmddl hndsrng."

"What?"

Now Casey sighed. "I toppled in the middle of a handspring," he articulated.

Dan started to snicker. "Why were you doing handsprings?"

"It was just the one." When Dan began to speak again, Casey continued. "Besides, you can't know it isn't life-threatening. I'd never realized how much I took that elbow for granted."

Dan yawned. "But surely you didn't call me at four-thirty in the morning to chat about handsprings."

"Just one handspring. And don't call me Shirley."

"So what's the emergency now? You find you can't complete the nightly ritual that involves turning cartwheels around the bed before you can sleep?"

Casey mumbled again. "No."

"Are you devastated by your inability to sit in a Rodin-esque pose?"

"Not really, no."

"Yeah. I guess you're not doing a whole lot of Thinking anyway."

"You don't understand, Dan. I have a problem."

"I know you do." Dan waited a beat. "You're just a really big wuss."

"Danny, I'm in pain here."

"That sounds amazingly like the sensation I'm experiencing now, trapped in this late-night nonsensical conversation." Dan yawned again. "You should ice it for fifteen minutes out of every hour."

Casey's wince was audible. "I don't think ... that I really want to go there."

"It's standard first aid, Casey." Dan scratched at his belly, then examined his fingernails. "You put an Ace bandage around it, right?"

" ... That's not gonna do it either, Dan."

"And then tomorrow, once the swelling goes down, stop with the ice and put heat on it for fifteen minutes an hour."

Casey made a frustrated noise. "I'm not going to need heat once the swelling goes down ... "

"Of course you are. Didn't the trainers teach you anything on that gymnastics team in college?"

Casey made another noise and spoke rapidly. "The elbow is fine, I've iced it and Aced it and will apply heat tomorrow, the elbow is not the problem. Not directly, anyway. It is the cause of the problem."

"Casey, it's four thirty in the morning. There is nothing you should be doing that would require the use of leg, shoulder, elbow or wrist joints--Ohhh." Dan began to snicker during the ensuing silence.

"It really isn't funny at all, Dan."

"I beg to differ. It's very, very funny."

"Like I said, Dan. I am in a world of pain."

"Well, God, Casey, just--think of Isaac and Jeremy getting it on or something."

"Goddammit, Dan. The last thing I need in my head--"

"Yeah, I guess you're right. That gets me pretty hot too."

"Argh!"

Dan laughed again. "Did you just growl?"

"It was definitely a menacing noise of some sort, and if I were you, I'd fear for my life tomorrow."

"Yeah, I probably should, but ... " Dan starting snickering again. "I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing about this."

"I never liked you at all."

Dan laughed a little more, then let out a long, happy sigh. "Well, listen, Case. You've got a perfectly functional wrist and shoulder on that arm. Why not make do with that?"

"Can't be done."

"Why not?"

Dan could hear Casey's teeth grind over the phone. "Because the wrist bone's connected to the arm bone, and the arm bone's connected to the elbow, and the shoulder bone's connected to the other arm bone, and that arm bone is also connected to the elbow, and the fucking elbow is fucking sprained."

Dan couldn't stop his laughter this time, either. "Do you know any more children's songs? Will you do 'Puff the Magic Dragon?'"

"I will not do 'Puff the Magic Dragon.' I will, however, gladly kill you. You'll be dead, and I'll be happy."

"Ah, but not from the sounds of it, though. Or maybe even happy, but definitely not ... satisfied."

Dan relented slightly and said, "But really, Casey, just move your shoulder some and keep your arm straight. It's all in the wrist."

Casey sighed and said, "I tried that. It works just well enough to leave me really frustrated."

Dan made a thoughtful humming noise, trying, mostly successful, to keep the giggles from snorting through his nose, and said, "Well, you've got all those goofy comforters and duvets at your place. Why don't you just ... I dunno, hump something?"

"Oh please. That hasn't been satisfying since I was, like, 14."

"Really?" Dan asked, intrigued.

"We're not talking about that," Casey said firmly.

"Right, okay. Well, then. Don't you have a left arm whose elbow hasn't been sprained?"

"Well, Dan, I'm right-handed."

" ... Yeah?"

"So I'm not any fucking good with my left hand."

Dan breathed in deeply, trailing his own hand down his bare belly. "So pretend you're getting a bad hand job from some pretty but inexperienced young thing."

The sarcasm coming through the phone line was thick. "Oh, yeah. That'll set the mood."

"Well, listen, Casey. I don't know how much I'm going to be able to help you here."

"See, I was hoping you could come ov--"

Dan continued as if Casey hadn't spoken. "It's just difficult for me to understand ... my left hand seems to be functioning perfectly."

There was a pause. "What?"

Dan let out a quiet groan. "Yeah, it's doing just fine." He let his breathing roughen slightly. "Of course, I'm left-handed."

Casey's tone was reproachful. "Dan, this really isn't--"

Dan made a little gasp. "Mm, my right arm seems to be working too. I don't need to bend my elbow at all to reach my balls ... Fuck, that feels good." Dan listened to Casey breathe, a little heavily now, on the other end of the phone. He smirked. "But, then, my arm isn't injured in any way."

"Wait till tomorrow ... " Despite the threat, Casey's voice was more pleading than anything else.

Dan shifted against his pillow. "Hey, Case? Hang on a sec. I'm putting you on speaker phone. If I strain my neck holding the phone to my shoulder, it'll be even more embarrassing to explain than your ridiculous handspring mishap."

Casey's next words were spoken in a mutter. "It wasn't all that ridiculous."

Dan brought his hand up to bring the phone away from his ear and hit the "speaker" button, then hung up the receiver. "I didn't catch that last bit, Case," he said to the air.

"Dan, I don't really think of myself as the sort of person who begs, but ... "

Dan shot a grin over at the phone lying next to him. "Me neither. Still, when I start to get this hard ... the temptation emerges." Dan sighed. "The nice thing about touching yourself is that you know exactly what feels good. I know just how to run my fingernail over this vein, right here, on the underside of my dick. But you've gotten so good at what to do with me, it's really not a stretch at all to imagine it's your hand on my cock. You know the spot I'm talking about? My cock jerks against my stomach every time you touch it. You've noticed that, haven't you, Casey?"

" ... yeah," Casey breathed.

Dan made a contented noise. "You have to forgive me if I sound a little garbled for a while. I'm thinking about sucking on my fingers here. Get them nice and wet." He sucked for a few moments, then pulled them out with a deliberate slurp. "Casey, I was wondering. When you get really hot while I'm sucking your fingers, is it because they're just an erogenous zone for you? Or is it because I deep-throat them, and you imagine it's your cock in my mouth? Or is it because you know that, very often, I'm getting your fingers wet so you can slide them into my ass before you fuck me?"

Dan could hear Casey swallow. "I haven't ... I never really analyzed it before."

Dan began to suck his fingers again, audibly. He pulled them out to say, "Well, now that it's come up, so to speak, what do you think?"

"I've warned you about making puns, Dan. I believe I've mentioned that they're near the bottom of the list of effective aphrodisiacs."

"Well, then, that might solve your problem right there, huh? G'night. See you tomorrow."

"WAIT!"

"All right." Dan waited a moment before speaking again. "I suppose I should lick my palm too," he said absently. "Yeah, when my fingers are all wet like this, and I just trace them over my cock, I can almost pretend it's your tongue. It's not as good, of course--your tongue feels much--softer, I guess, but then you move it so firmly, too. Is sinuous the word I want for it? Sometimes you'll just swirl it right around the head, and even though trying to imitate that with my fingers feels fucking great--" Dan grunted-- "it doesn't come close."

"Danny ... " Casey's voice was faint.

"Mm, yeah, you know you've gotten it when there's that little spurt of pre-come. Slicks everything up some more. I can just rub my palm over the head, and it slides so easily now up and down my cock ... Do you taste that when you're sucking me, Casey? Wait for it, even, try to see how fast you can get it to happen? I love to get that hot little splash on my tongue when I'm going down on you, Casey. As much as I love having you thrust back into my throat, I like being able to taste you even more."

Dan's tone changed, shifting out of the husky register he'd been employing. "Case, is there something wrong with my phone? I haven't really heard you for a while."

"No ... no. I'm just ... I'm getting a little frustrated here, Dan. In the sense the Titans were a little frustrated one Sunday in January."

" ... The Titans were frustrated they weren't getting enough homosexual contact? ... I feel certain we would have mentioned that as part of our Super Bowl coverage."

"Fuck you, Dan, I was speaking comparatively."

"Ohhhh ... " Dan said in a parody of dawning comprehension. "Oh," he said again, this time in a much different voice. "Oh, shit, yeah." He gave himself a moment. "You know, it's so difficult to decide at a point like this whether to draw it out as long as possible or just make it harder and faster, the way I want it." He groaned softly. "What do you think, Case?"

Casey's voice was quiet. "Donotdrawthisout,Dan." Dan laughed, then groaned again. "Daniel. I'm not kidding."

"Hm. Yeah, I think I'll just keep it slow for now ... that gives me time to do some other things too ... "

There was a long silence, then a sigh. "Like what?"

Dan smiled. "Well, when I'm just jacking myself slowly like this, I feel like I'm at leisure to just explore the rest of my body. You know how you sometimes like to move your mouth and hands all over my skin? Real slowly? I can pretend you're doing that right now. When you just lightly, lightly scratch your fingernails against the inside of my thigh, and then trace over the same skin with your other hand ... mm, yeah, just like that ... fuck, that drives me crazy." There was another pause. "How you doin', Case?"

Dan could hear Casey's breath rasp. "Dan, you're making me ... "

"What, Casey?" Dan asked quietly. "Tell me. Are you touching yourself now? Even with your left hand?"

Casey let out a soft groan. "Shit, Dan, I can't. There's no speaker phone on this ... Jesus, I'm so hard ... "

"Put the phone on your shoulder, Casey."

Casey whimpered, then groaned. "Yes ... "

Dan breathed in slowly. "Yeah, I can just see you ... your cock gets so red when you're hard ... I remember what it feels like against my tongue, so fucking hot ... " Dan waited a moment, listening to Casey's rough breathing. "Casey, roll your balls in your hand for me."

"Ah! ... I am."

"Good," Dan said thickly. He let himself get control of his voice, then began again. "Casey ... I need to lick my fingers again ... okay. Do you know what I'm going to do?"

" ... no," Casey panted.

"Mm. I'm pinching my nipples now. Really--" he grunted. "--really hard. Fuck. When they're wet like this, I can pretend they're your teeth. ... Did you know that the last time you did this to me, when you kept biting and sucking at my chest, I almost came just from that?"

Casey moaned. "Jesus, Danny."

"Oh fuck!" Dan cried out.

"What?" Casey asked immediately.

"It's too much now, oh ... God, I have to touch my cock ... yes ... " Dan stopped speaking for a moment, letting out soft noises. "Yes, that feels so good ... mm, Casey, I wish you could fuck me now, I feel so ready."

Casey made an incomprehensible noise.

"I mean ... ah ... I can fuck myself with my fingers here, but it just isn't the same. Sometimes you very carefully ease your way into me, but most of the time, you just slide your cock right in, and, God, I feel so full ... that's what I want right now, Casey ... "

"So ... get over here ... "

Dan laughed through a groan. "There is no way I'm leaving the house in this condition, Case ... My dick is jutting straight out, my nipples are red from where I was pinching them, my legs are spread wide apart, with my ass all exposed ... And there's no way I'd be able to stop touching myself."

"I need you," Casey whispered.

"Oh, God, Casey, I need you too ... Don't stop touching yourself ... Come with me ... " Dan's breathing became frantic, and then he cried out.



Casey shakily lifted his sticky hand and rested it on his chest. He guessed he really could be a southpaw, if he had the proper motivation. He glanced down at the receiver, which had dropped to the bedding beside him, and lifted it to his ear.

" ... Danny?" Dead air. He sighed and let it drop again.

He pushed himself farther back into his pillow, drawing the sheet up over his legs one-handed, and closing his eyes halfway. He let his hand rub against his belly for some indeterminate amount of time. He started slightly when he heard a noise from the other room, then smiled.

Only one other person had the key to that door.


-----
[1:00] Caroline: And that person was Natalie.
[1:00] Fox: LIAR!
-----

Comments always welcome!