20: Devil With A Red Dress On

reddress

Fandom: Supernatural

Category/Rated: NC-17 for violence/sexual content

Year/Length: 2008/~3310 words

Pairing: Sam and Dean

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Warning: Wincest

Summary: "You might want to run those numbers again." She stopped her pacing. "You know, Sam, Dean gets to be a privileged one in hell. He's the first angel in - let's say - a very long time to come into our fold. He'll fit in very well with the rest of the fallen. You would too if you'd only embrace your destiny. The power you could hold. Both of you, though you have a head start on Dean here."

Series: Supernatural Virtual Slash Season 3

Beta: [info]ailurophile6 for which much thanks.

hr


The area was cold, desolate, and dark clouds loomed, ominous and heavy. Flashes of lighting could be seen dancing amongst them, but, as yet, no rain was falling. The Impala barreled down the dirt road, its own dark presence gleaming oily in the flickering light, and skidded to a halt. Inside, Dean Winchester and his brother Sam, sat staring at the road, and what looked like another one of those old forgotten western cemeteries. Dean glanced over at his brother then back as he saw the black hell hound they'd been following appear, it's eyes glowing red. He drew a breath, and a sudden chill washed over him. "They would have to pick a cemetery," he grumbled as he got out of the car.

They checked their weapons, And Dean handed the Colt over to Sam, because he was sure that he was going to be more than tempted to shoot something before they got any answers, and he knew that Sam was the more level-headed of the two of them. He looked about, peering into the gloom, then back at Sam. "Notice anything?"

"Other than the eerie darkness?" Sam commented.

"No bugs. No birds. Nothing." Except death, he thought to himself. "Well, let's go see who this mystery being is."

The hell hound moved beside Dean, muscles rippling beneath a pelt that seemed to absorb light. Sam had flinched at its approach, but the creature seemed to be guarding his brother, and he was not averse to that, so he drew a shaky breath and fell in beside the two of them.

There seemed to be no creatures living in the old cemetery. As they moved forward together, the thunder rumbled and growled, and a streak of lighting cut the sky into pieces, leaving an after-image that almost blinded them.

"Dude, it's not only no bugs or birds, it's nothing. There aren't any demons here either. I don't see any signs of life at all." Sam was stepping warily, watching his brother's back as they went, but even he jumped when there was a creaking rattle and the door to one of the old, moss encrusted mausoleums slid open.

Dean stopped at the sound of stone sliding against stone. He lowered his head a bit and watched with stern eyes. He had the feeling that whoever was about to appear would not actually be the one with his contract.

What finally emerged forth was the busty, dark-haired beauty from his first encounter with the crossroad Demon. But she didn't seem as cocky and in charge as she had the first time they'd met. She didn't have that same air of arrogance about her. She seemed subdued, but she walked with certainty. She was wearing a red dress that shimmered as if it were on fire, and smoke trailed behind her. She looked between the two brothers, then down at the hound tilting her head in an expression of disbelief and then shaking it. "Well, well, the two little trouble-makers. How lovely." She held up her hand before either could speak. "I know why you are here and what you want, but first there are some ground rules first that need to be set up. You're here to talk. And talk we shall. Nothing more. No killing. No ... reaping of souls," she looked at Dean pointedly.

"Yeah, right," Dean grumbled.

She glared at him, "Let me finish before you spit out the insults. Call it respect. Something you know little about." She looked at Sam. "I'm not the demon you need to speak with. Call me his... administrative assistant. Checking things out before he shows. This is holy ground, and yes, believe it or not, some of us respect that. Hence the no killing rule. No blood will be spilled here. Understood?"

Dean looked over to Sam with an expression on his face that clearly said he didn't believe a word she was spewing from her ruby red lips.

Sam looked amused. He couldn't quite believe the demon's words either. "Scared of us, are you?" he finally said. "I can see why you might be. We're not quite as helpless as we were the last time you meddled with our lives."

The demoness shook her head, watching with a raised eyebrow as Sam thrust the Colt into the back of his jeans and allowed his hands to drop to his sides. "Sam Winchester," she murmured. "How lovely to meet you at last. Did you know that you're the one that is held up to us as an example of how to go about getting yourself into the maximum amount of trouble in the shortest space of time." She laughed, her voice musical. "I see that you've finally learned to harness your will. I expect that Dean will be jealous of you soon enough. Maybe he'll kill you and put us all out of your misery."

"I guess every little piece of trash demon needs a dream," Dean snarled at her.

"My, my, Dean, touchy are we?" She shook her head.

"About as touchy as you, bitch," Dean growled.

"I suppose little boys need dreams too," she countered, laughing as she stepped forward, "A lot of my kind were willing to follow you, little Samuel Winchester, but not any more. Not after we've persuaded them of the error of their ways. Quite frankly I think it's adorable how you two just offer yourselves up so easily when the other is in trouble. Why anyone would think that you were more than merely brothers... Oh, wait! She favored them both with a leer, the meaning of which was unmistakable, and Sam found himself reaching for the Colt. "But that's all blood under the bridge now," she said hastily, shrugging off Sam's anger.

"Are we gonna do this verbal tango all night, or is this dude too much of a coward to show?" Dean crossed his arms.

"Patience, I still have to feel you two out," she informed him with a smirk.

"No touching!" Sam's voice was sharp. "We did our part, and there won't be any more physical contact, unless it's to strangle you." He patted his pocket, where the knife that Star had given him was hidden. "We want to put an end to this battle. We want Dean released from his contract, and we want it as soon as possible. Dean belongs to me, and there's no way I'll let him go without taking your legions with me."

He bent to pet the hellhound that still stood between them. "As you can see, we're not entirely without allies, even if you wish that was the case."

The demon tipped her head, and those lovely lips held a wicked smile as she gave a chuckle that ran cold. "Oh, unlike little Star, I'm not into consorting with the enemy. The very idea of touching either of you two repulses me."

"Feeling is mutual," Dean answered.

"Not from what we've seen and heard, dear boy. And I know you admire this body." She sauntered a few paces, twirled and struck a pose. "As for Dean here belonging to you, dear Sam. Wrong. He made sure of that when you were lying cold and dead on that bench in the shack, or else why would you be here? And our legions are great, while yours are very, very small."

"Last time we checked, yours were getting smaller," Dean reminded her.

"You might want to run those numbers again." She stopped her pacing. "You know, Sam, Dean gets to be a privileged one in hell. He's the first angel in - let's say - a very long time to come into our fold. He'll fit in very well with the rest of the fallen. You would too if you'd only embrace your destiny. The power you could hold. Both of you, though you have a head start on Dean here."

"Oh, listen, Dean! She's tempting us. Do you hear that?" Sam elbowed Dean and shared a smug smile. "Now I feel like we've really arrived. They're scared of us, and they're looking to minimize the damage we've caused." He gathered his thoughts together and sent them to pry into the depths of the tomb behind the demoness, and sensed a presence there. He frowned, concentrating again and tried to force the creature out of the shadows. "Come on down, dude. The price is right."

"You know you should watch more westerns, cause the good guys always win. That is how the stories go," Dean shifted.

"Be smug all you want but you have an enemy right beside you, Dean," She looked to Sam. "The more he uses that," She motioned towards her head and cast her glance over at Sam, "The more the darkness in him will spread. He'll eventually turn on you, you know, and then he'll come stand where he belongs. We've saved a place for him."

"Not gonna happen, ever!" Dean snapped.

Suddenly a swarm of flies emerged from the tomb, buzzing and darting at all three of them. The female Demon didn't move. Flies swirled around her but surged more aggressively at the boys. Dean ducked and swatted at them, covering his head as the insects buzzed around them. The hound snapped and snarled, growling low as the fur on its back stood up, and its teeth showed.

A dark image emerged, a mere silhouette, so shrouded in gloom that a face could not be seen. "His soul is mine, and nothing you can do will stop that." The voice buzzed and rustled like a swarm of flies.

"He hasn't done anything to deserve hell." Sam shook his fist at the shape in the doorway. He sent a questing thought out and drove the flies back to plague the demoness, who still stood smirking. "And there's no way I'll ever let you have him. He's mine. He always has been." He laid his hand on the hell hound's head and smiled. As long as the hound stayed at Dean's side he knew they were strong enough to battle the forces of hell, their mom had told them that. "I have an army, and not every demon wants to stay on your side. In fact, some of them seem to have started becoming quite...human. How do you like that?"

The flies swarmed around the demon for a moment, seeming to fade into the darkness, making the demon appear even taller and broader than it was when it had first emerged. It was still hard to make out the thing's face, as flies crawled across its countenance, but, when it smiled, it showed sharp white teeth that reminded Dean of the shark in Finding Nemo as they gleamed in the light afforded by the now almost continuous lightning. "It's not always deserving that sends one to hell." Again the voice buzzed. "Your mommy gave you to us. And he gave himself for you."

Dean looked at Sam then back to it.

"Mommy didn't tell you did she." Those teeth showed again.

"Demons lie." Sam was adamant. "And you're a liar. You're the father of lies; I know that." He turned to Dean and smiled. "Demon's lie," he said again. "They'll say anything to hurt you, and they dig where the poison is. Let's just go. There's nothing more to be done here." He glared at the two demons, that disturbing smile still on his face. "They're determined to push it to a war. They're stupid, because we'll win. We can't lose."

Truth to tell, Sam was a little scared that his bravado would rebound on him, but he knew that he had to put on a strong front against the demons, for himself as much as for his brother. The hound looked up at him, dull, red eyes gleaming, and it panted, then turned to lick Dean's hand.

Dean started to take a step back, but he was starting to have second thoughts. He of all of them had always maintained that demons lied but, hearing Azazel and others speak, he was beginning to fear that there was always some truth in what they said, especially if they knew it would get to their prey. Picking out the truth was hard., though, and he was ready to make his turn when the demon spoke again.

"Why do you think Azazel came? Why would he feed you his own blood, Sam? You've seen what it can do. You've seen the healing powers. Why would a six month old need such a thing? You know the other children like you, were not so." It tipped its head to one side in inquiry.

Dean growled, "It was for his own twisted game."

"Perhaps, but you should ask Sam how mommy knew him."

The female demon smirked. "Only one of you is going to walk out of here, Sam. Face it."

"Shut up, bitch!" Dean snapped, and suddenly he was aglow with bright light. "You're lying. Our mom didn't know him. She wouldn't do such a thing. Not to her children. She loved us."

"But just like daddy, she loved one of you more," was the spiteful answer.

"That's bullshit." Sam snarled at the woman and was about to draw the Colt and shoot her, when suddenly he recalled what she'd said at the outset. They had a truce, and he wasn't going to be the one to break it. "Mom never had a chance to love one of us more than the other, because you killed her before she knew me. She loved Dean and she loved me too, but you took her away from me before she knew who I was." The tears started in his eyes. "It doesn't matter what you say, I know that my dad hated me, and my mom never got the chance to really love me as anything but a little baby."

He turned to Dean again. "Can we go now, before I start shooting and break the truce. That's all they're trying to do, you know? Needle us, until we lose our tempers and break the truce."

"And so little Sam won't tell the truth to even his own brother. Quel surprise!" She moved her hands behind her back.

Dean looked at Sam, anguish in his eyes. "Is what she saying true? Did mom know the Demon? Did she know Azazel?"

"Truth hurts worse than lies," the other demon said.

"Yes," she spoke again. "And Sam, you know your father didn't hate you. He pushed you, for sure, but why would he pay so much attention to you speak so highly of you to everyone, unlike his oldest? So why don't you answer him, Sam."

"Shut up!" Dean snapped and the light around him grew brighter, bathing the cemetery in a soft white glow. The buzzing of the flies grew louder, but they stayed outside the illuminated area. Looking back at Sam, Dean willed him to answer. "Did she know him?" he snapped, hurt in his voice.

"Azazel said she did," said Sam, tears in his eyes. "I don't believe him. Why would she have come to defend you from the hounds the way she did? Why would she have given me the crystal that enabled me to bind you to me, if she had wanted to do us harm?" He sighed, met Dean's eyes, desperately hoping that his brother would listen to what he was saying and believe him. "Back when I was in that place with the other children, he showed me a vision of what he said had happened. He said that mom had recognized him, but Dean, you've got to bear in mind that he tried to imply that my powers came from him feeding me his blood, and now we know that isn't the truth. My powers come from being Nephilim, and so do yours. They lie, Dean. They lie and twist and distort the truth til it's worse than a lie."

"Hmm, possibly to undo the wrong she had done. Guilt?" The female demon answered. "And do all your powers come from the Nephilim? Truly?"

Dean turned to face the demons then moved closer to Sam. "I'm not going with you. I'm not going to hell for what you slimeballs have done to this family. I don't deserve to, and I didn't ask for it. I did everything I did out of love!"

"Or fear of being alone," she sniped, crossing her arms. "You made the deal. You knew what would happen, and you took it. The time has come, and you're trying to welsh on it."

"ENOUGH OF THIS. COME!" The other demon raised his hand, and Dean's body jerked, his arms going back as if he was grabbed. A little sob of pain escaped his lips as the demon tried to rip his soul from him.

"No!" Sam stepped between them, arms around his brother as he willed the attack to stop. "I told you, he's mine. You don't get him." He gasped as the demon's compulsion began to press him down. He began to sweat, body trembling with the effort of resisting the thing's attempt to draw Dean's soul from his body.

The hound growled, then bounded forward to sink its teeth into the demoness as she stood laughing. Sam thought he might have screamed, and then suddenly his demon followers were running through the cemetery, and it seemed as if battle had been joined.

Dean gasped again, pain flooding his being as the attack on him suddenly stopped. Sam's body curled around him, protecting him. He sagged slightly against his brother then reached behind Sam to draw the Colt. He drew a bead down upon the bitch, waiting for the hell hound to let go for just a moment before he fired. The bullet sailed through the air, striking her in the chest. She didn't have time to scream as her body jerked and sparked.

The black demon spread his arms and the host of bugs flew out from him, pelting their hair and faces, stinging where they could. There was a sudden roar, and more demons swarmed out of the doorway behind him to clash with Sam's army.

"We need to get out of here." Sam was on his knees now, his arms still around Dean's hips as he pressed against him. The demoness had fallen, and all that remained of her was a body, lying tumbled as if she were a heap of rags. "Shoot the other demon - the one that has the lien on your soul. Just get rid of him, and all our problems are at an end."

The flies that had emerged from the demon were vicious, biting and stinging flesh and obscuring vision, and the two of them found themselves at the center of a whirling mass of them. Sam threw an arm across his eyes to protect them and grabbed for Dean's hand, starting to run.

Dean followed, but he couldn't get a clear shot. The moment the bugs swarmed, it was as if the thing had disappeared. Dean could feel bugs biting and stinging at him, but Sam was leading the way. Dean could see the Impala ahead, and he was just about to fling his body inside when he felt Sam's hand let go. He whirled around, batting at the bugs as a swarm gathered around Sam and turned the air around his brother black.

"SAM!" Dean shouted, and suddenly there was an enormous crackling sound. White light bathed him, and the world about him went silent in a silence that was near deafening. Dean found himself left at the cemetery, bodies all around him and in the gates of the graveyard, numbers too massive to count. Dean could only hear his own breathing as he looked around. "SAM?" he called out, and his voice echoed.

"SAM!"

Back: Episode 19 –|– Next: Episode 21


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional