18: Hell Hound On My Trail

hellhound

Fandom: Supernatural

Category/Rated: NC-17 for violence/sexual content

Year/Length: 2008/~9745 words

Pairing: Sam and Dean

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Warning: Wincest

Series: Supernatural Virtual Slash Season 3

Beta: [info]ailurophile6 for which much thanks.

hr

The music was loud; the engine was purring, and the car jumped a hill as the Impala barreled down the road. The brothers were making a bee line toward South Dakota. Sam was on the phone. "Yeah, we're about two hours out. Bobby, did you call anyone else? Did Star show?" The man on the other end of the line spoke, and Sam glanced over to his brother, a slightly worried look upon his face.

They'd had to leave New Orleans in a hurry following Bobby's call earlier that morning. They'd hoped they could have spent more time there and maybe had a little vacation, but it was not to be. With one phone call from Bobby Singer, their vacation was at an end. At least they'd been able to spend a very ... active night with Ashley, before they'd had to go tell Bubba about his brother. As they'd left, Sam had promised Ashley they would come back when they could. The parting had been sweet and yet sad for both boys.

That was now miles behind them. "Okay, we'll see you in a few, Bobby, and be careful." Sam knew that he didn't need to say that to Bobby of all people, but somehow the words forced themselves from his lips even as he caught sight of his brother, smirking. He depressed the button on his phone then flipped it closed. "Well, Bobby said Star hasn't showed."

"What do you expect? She's a demon. The bitch is gonna show when she feels like it. We should have never trusted her. She's using us," Dean grumbled.

"Look, it was a risk we had to take; you know that. We can't fight this army alone." Sam sounded defensive.

"And she's done nothing but give you a blade. She hasn't found out who has my contract. She said she'd have an army for us when we called, but when we do, she's a no show. Hell, that Hell Hound did more for us than she has, and it didn't ask for warped demon sex. She used us, Sammy. The skank whore of a demon used us, admit it." Dean's voice had risen. "What did Bobby say about the other hunters?"

"He didn't call," Sam spoke low.

Dean reached over and turned the radio down, a rare act, "Come again?"

"He didn't call," Sam repeated.

"And the reason being?" Dean glanced at his brother.

"The other hunters blame us for opening the gate. They think we've got him snowed. And the ones he could count on, they are busy with other cases. Ellen is there though." Sam mumbled out the last sentence in the hope that Dean wouldn't hear.

"So it's just the four of us? No Star. Great!" Dean pounded his steering wheel. "Oh, can this get any better?"

Sam felt his lips twitch in a discomforting way as he shifted his gaze out the front window.

hr

The Impala pulled up in the drive of Bobby's house, and they could see Bobby's old, beat-up truck sitting there. By this time it was almost ten, but the lights were still on inside the house. Dean climbed out, and Sam followed his brother up the stairs. Dean was about to knock when the door was flung open. "Get in here," growled Bobby.

Dean moved in, stepping aside for Sam. "Anything new happen?" Sam asked.

"No, it's like they're just gathering there. Making no move." Bobby turned to go into his den, and as they followed they saw Ellen, who was standing, looking over a map.

She lifted her head. "Boys."

Dean raised a lazy hand in greeting. "Circling the wagons?" He moved over to the desk where Ellen was standing and crossed to the far side to stand beside her as he inspected the map, noticing red marks that someone, no doubt Bobby, had placed upon it.

Sam stood still for a moment, feeling a pang of jealousy deep inside himself. But he said nothing as he went forward to look at the map.

"I marked out the largest gatherings," Ellen started. "It seems they've got certain areas marked out. it's almost as if they're gathering weapons."

Dean looked over the map, "Why would they need to gather weapons?"

Sam stared at the map then grabbed a pen and started connecting the marks. "They're not gathering weapons, they're gathering power. Check it out, it's a sigil. They're calling someone."

Ellen, Bobby, Dean all exchanged looks.

"Guess we'd better stop them, then," said Bobby, frowning as he studied Sam's handiwork. "Whatever they're doing, it can't be good."

Sam was about to say something more, when there was a sharp rap on the door.

"You expecting anyone else at this time of night?" asked Sam as Bobby moved to answer the door. He fended Bobby back, drew his knife and cracked the door open. A familiar face smirked at him through the gap.

"Did the party start without me?" said Star, lounging against the railing. "Sammy, I'm disappointed in you. Aren't you going to ask me in?"

Dean moved over, leaning a bit to look past his brother. He could see the demon's confident smirk. "Oh look. The drunk-ass girlfriend who won't leave you alone and hangs around shouting on the lawn. What do you want, herpes bait?" There was clear irritation in his voice as he glared at the woman. He knew Bobby had the house warded, but he still didn't like her. He didn't like her being around and most importantly didn't like how she was using them. Using Sam.

"Dean!" Star sauntered over and threw her arms around Dean's neck, standing on tiptoe to kiss him. "How lovely to see you. I'm so glad you're as spunky as usual. Some things should never change." She turned away from Dean to smile at the others. "You must be Bobby," she said, advancing towards him. "I'm so glad you've taken care of Sammy for me. After all, he is going to be the father of my unborn baby."

Laughing, she turned to face Sam. "Hello, daddy," she smirked. "Wouldn't you like to rub my feet, or my back? And don't you want to know what we can do to defeat the army that's amassing up the road? I thought you'd be much more pleased to see me."

Dean fought to get the woman off him, grabbing her arms but to late to keep her from kissing him. He made a face then wiped his mouth once she let go.

Bobby just looked at the woman and stepped back when she came near him, shooting her a warning look.

At the words, "unborn baby," Dean felt his knees weaken. Somehow she knew it was Sam's even though both of them had sex with her. The thought of a demon baby Sam turned his stomach. "Glad it's yours and not mine," growled Dean, slapping Sam's shoulder and walking away, heading back to Ellen in the other room - the 'Safe' room with the devil's trap on the ceiling.

Ellen looked up, "Not company you want to be around?"

"Understatement," Dean grumbled.

"Demon?" She asked, reaching for the holy water.

He nodded, "Keep that handy, although she's here to help, so she says." He took the map and turned it over, not wanting Star to see it if she did decide to enter the room.

"What do you want?" Bobby asked.

"No, no, my love," said Star, winking at him. "It's not what I want, it's what you want. I'm here to help you drive the invaders back. You do realize that it's you that they want, Robert Singer, don't you?" She ignored Ellen and Dean, stepping closer to Bobby. "They know that you're the reason the boys here keep on functioning, and they want to take you out of the equation. I have a certain soft spot for the father of my baby here, so I'm going to save your life, but you'll have to smarten your attitude up a little. I'm getting rather tired of Dean's insults. He wants to win, but he would rather toss cheap shots in my direction. That hurts. Please tell me that you're more polite, Bobby. Please tell me that you'll treat me like an ally."

"Star?" Sam frowned. "How come you didn't come when I called you?"

"But I did, Sammy. I did." She gave Sam a bright smile. "I'm here, aren't I." She spread her arms out to the sides and twirled, giving them a good view of her supple figure.

Bobby looked at her, "Dean has his reasons for the cheap shots, and, honestly, I don't blame him." He turned and walked away, grabbing Sam's arm to tug him along, and made for the study. "As for being polite, depends on how you're gonna help us. Continue to jab at the boys and rub in what you made them do or get down to business. It's up to you, missy," he called over his shoulder.

"If you can call her that," Dean grumbled under his breath.

The demon nodded once and went to the map that Ellen was guarding, turning it over as if she had known it was there all along. "You will see that the opposing forces are congregating here, in Harvard. They've taken over the city, and they're waiting for the holder of your mark, Dean. They're building strength, and the longer you leave them to do it, the harder it will be to defeat them." She smiled. "Our forces can take them, but not if it becomes a pitched battle. We're going to have to use subterfuge."

"Oh, like you are doing to us right now?" Dean snatched the map away. "Playing us like sheep?"

Bobby placed his hand on Dean to calm him down and leaned forward to take the map and lay it back down on the desk. "You're not telling us anything we don't already know."

Ellen crossed her arms, "How many in your force?"

"We've got around eighty," murmured Star, nodding as she spoke directly to Ellen. "You're a woman, and you've got a practical mindset. I'm sure that you and I can work together. Will you help me talk some sense into Dean's thick head? I am concerned that you and I are the only ones taking this seriously. The opposition have over two hundred demons, while we've only got eighty, and while we're content to own Las Vegas when this is all done, they believe that they'll be able to take over the entire world if they bring the fight to us. I counsel subterfuge. We must infiltrate them, set traps and send them back to Hell a few at a time, so that we dismiss as many as possible, before they discover our plan."

Listening, Sam nodded his head. "Don't see why we can't pick them off a few at a time. We can set up speakers and do exorcisms for houses or hotels. They've got to be gathered together sometimes."

Dean looked at them all in astonishment. "Have you all lost your ever-loving minds?" He rolled his eyes. "What we gonna do, offer up free tee shirts and a meal to draw them in. 'Cos we know how much those demons want a tee shirt that says, 'I defeated the Winchesters, but all I got was this lousy T-shirt'"

"Dean," Ellen placed her hand on his arm. "She has a point. We need to take them out, as many as we can. We know where they are gathering. See." She pointed to the map.

"So what? We drive from town to town hoping this plan works?"

"You heard her." Bobby's voice was thoughtful. "They're congregating, taking over whole towns, so what we do is find places where we can set things up to take out ten or so at a time. Dean, we only need to take out ten groups like that and the odds are cut down to something we can handle."

"It's worth a try, dude. I got nothing else." Sam was gazing at his brother, willing him to see the sense in the idea.

"We can go in as their fellows and report back to you where the groups are, and then you can move in with devils' traps and exorcise them." Star was beaming, apparently happy at the prospect of wiping out her own kind. "Come on, Dean. What have you got to lose... except for the war, of course?"

Dean's face showed the struggle to agree before he spoke. "Fine. But if they are taking over towns, let's pull a Samuel Colt."

Ellen looked confused at him.

"Instead of just getting ten or twelve, get as many of those bastards as we can. We ring the whole town in salt so they can't get out. And we set up speakers or hook up into the town speakers and exorcise those bastards. Instead of ten we get eighty."

"Exactly," said Star, smiling at him. "Take the town, and you level the odds fast. It would take a bit of effort to do the salting, but we could do it with everyone's help." The demoness turned around and spread her hands, gazing at Sam as if she thought he was her one and only. "Tell me that we 're going to do this. Just say the word."

Sam had gone to look at the map, and he pointed at a particular settlement. "This place would be easy," he said. "Do you think your guys can get the salt spread if we set up the speakers and the exorcism?"

Dean answered for Sam. "And we hit here first." Dean looked at his brother and smiled as his fertile brain took the idea and ran with it "And dude, we hit another at the same time, because you don't actually need to be physically present. We record the exorcism and put it onto a bunch of disks, and we play it as soon as the salt ring is complete. While that's happening, we hit this other town, here." Dean pointed. "We catch them off guard. Strike fast. Right?" He looked at Star and raised his eyebrows, looking for confirmation.

Bobby frowned. "Gonna take a lot of coordinating."

Dean gave Star an inscrugible look. "I'm sure the expectant mother can handle it."

"Of course I can," she purred. "I'm just happy that you've finally decided to trust me a little. We need to gather salt supplies first, and I agree, Sam shouldn't be near either hive when the exorcism goes forward. Best to keep him safe." She leaned back against Sam as if she were asking for his affection and slid her hand behind her to cup one buttock. Sam winced but didn't move.

"I've got some salt. Don't know if I have enough, but I've got a fair bit in the barn out back." Bobby turned to Dean. "You're the one that will wire up the speakers. Sam needs to record the exorcism, and Ellen and I need to find the other equipment we'll need. Dean, you can stay here and get the speakers and stuff out of storage. Ellen, stay here and help the boys. I'll go with you, Star, and see what resources you can drum up, and what else we'll need. Let's meet back here in two hours, ready to go, okay?"

Turning to Dean, Bobby held out his hand. "Gimme the Colt, Dean. I might need it."

Dean reached behind to draw the Colt out and handed it over to Bobby. He trusted Bobby and if he was going with Star, Dean figured that he was going to need it. He watched as Ellen moved to follow Bobby and then paused, looking back at the brothers. "Get your asses movin', boys. Sam, you think you can pull yourself away long enough to help me with the speakers? If there aren't any here we'll have to go liberate some from elsewhere."

"And maybe take a shower to get the skank off you?" Dean's parting shot was accompanied with a smirk as he walked off, heading past Ellen to go poke through Bobby's attic.

Sam followed Dean out of the door, feeling vaguely dirty but very aroused from Star's caresses. Walking alongside Dean, he said nothing, but he couldn't stop looking at his brother, little, sideways glances at him, wishing that he could climb into bed and just hold him, but knowing that they had work to do first.

"Let's get the speaker stuff together, and then I'll tape the exorcism, okay, dude? And I love you, all right?"

Dean didn't answer, ignoring his brother as he reached the attic and started to help Ellen dig around under piles and boxes of books in their search for speakers. "Jeeze, you'd think under all these books you might find a porno or something. Nope, just more books." Dean pulled out a speaker and blew the dust from it. "Found one." His eyes came to rest on Sam, who was still standing there, looking lost. "Go start recording, dude, and make about five copies."

Ellen looked back at Sam. "Down the hall to your left - best room to do it. Move it." she turned back and started digging out the connecting cables.

Feeling somehow as though he'd been chastised, Sam stood watching them for a moment before turning away to go to the room Ellen had indicated. He knew the exorcism ceremony by heart now, and as he set up his laptop ready to dictate it, the Latin periods rolled through his mind, driving out his chaotic thoughts and grounding him.

Ready to go, he spoke the incantation in his deep voice and stored the resulting MP3 to his computer, then looked around for disks to burn it onto. Unable to find any, he returned to Dean. "Dude, I've recorded it, but I can't find any blank CDs. Gonna have to go buy some, I think.

Dean had the speakers out and was covered in dust after moving tons of books. As Sam came up to him, Dean sneezed, then ran his sleeve under his nose. "What? Oh. Yeah." He patted down his body looking for the keys and finally reached into his jacket pocket to pull them out and toss them to Sam. "Pick up some beer too," He demanded, glaring at his brother. "And no side trips either."

"Yessir, massa boss," growled Sam, wondering if he'd somehow offended his brother. He took the keys with a muttered thanks and went off to find the disks he needed.

Returning a half hour later with disks and beer as requested, he went to burn the exorcism onto his purchases before going in search of Dean. He'd made a half dozen copies and tucked them into paper envelopes. Finally satisfied, he went to find his brother.

Dean and Ellen had made good progress, and when he found them the two of them were busily putting together a PA system. Evidence of their success was stacked up in the corner in the form of several speakers and a huge stack of coiled cables. Sam paused on the threshold. "Jeez, dude, Bobby should open a store."

Dean looked up from his wires and nodded. "No kidding, and some of this stuff is vintage. He could make a killing just selling some of it." He'd removed his jacket and outer shirt, leaving just the tee shirt, and dark patches of sweat showed along his back and in the angle of his armpits. He wiped his brow then looked at Sam. "You get my beer? Please tell me you did."

"Yep." Sam tossed his brother a bottle. "I put the rest in the fridge. Got a couple of sixpacks." He held up the disks. "Made the CD," he said, with a grin. "With a little promotion and air time it should rocket straight to number one." He grinned as he sauntered into the room. "So is there anything I can do to help?" he asked.

Dean caught the bottle, twisting the top and taking a deep drink. "You a rockstar? You primp enough in front of the mirror as it is, shag-top." He put the bottle to his lips and tilted it back again, draining half of the contents in a single draft and then licking his lips. "We got the speakers ready. Just need to hook things to the town speaker system so it covers the whole place. Thank god for tornado warning sirens." He looked about, "Gonna need a truck to haul this stuff around."

"I don't think Bobby's back yet." Sam surveyed the stack of PA equipment. "He went off with Star, but he said two hours, so he ought to be back pretty soon."

Dean gazed at Sam and then rolled his eyes and looked away. "Oh yeah." He took another drink. "Think she is banging him too? The more the merrier?" He stood up and started rolling up more cable. "I don't trust the bitch. She's up to something. This whole 'mommy of your kid' thing. Just freaky. Dad wrote in his journal, demons can't have kids. It's why they pick a woman to transfer the kid into, and usually the mother dies in giving birth. She's yanking your chain, and you're just eating it up. What? A normal girl like Ashley too boring for you now? Or is it the fact she also fucked me?"

"Dean...?" Sam was shocked. "I... No, it isn't like that. I don't want her. I hate that she's touching me all the time, and I don't see how she can be having my kid either." He backed away from Dean, his face pale. "I don't think Bobby's going to do anything with her except make sure she isn't selling us down the river. Not Bobby. He's... damn it, he's Bobby, that's what." For a moment, he stood looking at Dean, hurt shining from him. "I don't want a normal girl, or a demon girl, or any girl, come to that. I just want you. If you can't deal with that, then you'd better tell me now, because the only reason I'm even fighting is you. You're everything, Dean."

"Hate that she touches you. Yeah, I see you really struggling to keep her from doing that. Good job there, sport." Dean shoved the wires he was coiling into a bag and stood back, studying Sam. He shook his head and grabbed the bag, shoving out of the door past Sam. "She's got you wrapped around her little finger, Sam."

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Sam was annoyed now. "You know we need them to help us. You think we can live through this with just the four of us? What the fuck are you smoking, Dean? I'm not going to insult her while she's helping us. Once she stops, I'll happily send her back to hell."

"Is she helping or setting us up for a trap?" Dean snapped back. "Using her is one thing, but we don't have to be nice about it. Especially when, hello, she's a demon! Since when have you known a demon to actually help? We don't have to pretend to play house with Mommy Dearest." He charged down the stairs to get away from his brother.

Sam was going to follow him, his face blank, trying not to show any sign of the hurt he was feeling. Ellen put out a hand to stop him, and he wheeled round as if he might hit her. "What?" he snarled.

"Let him go, Sam. We don't have time for tantrums right now. Just concentrate on getting rid of this hive of demons, until it's done. Then you can deal with his hissy fit."

Ellen was smiling, her eyes kind, but Sam shook her off. "Why? You want him for yourself?" he snapped. "Everyone wants Dean. How could I forget that?"

hr

Dean was unloading the truck, one speaker left. Things were set, although it had taken them a while and a lot of effort to get it done. He was down on his knees hooking up the cable for the last one when he heard Sam coming up.

"The salt lines are all set. Nobody's getting out of here, unless it rains. Got any idea how long it'll be before we can broadcast?" Sam was dancing from foot to foot, anxious to get the project underway. "Dude, you think that it'll work?"

Dean was crouched down, "Just watch for any demons." He got the last wire hooked in then motioned for Sam to get into the truck. Digging into his pocket, he found his phone and called Bobby. "Okay, got the last speaker hooked up; don't think anyone noticed." He was sure the salt line would keep demons in physically, but he knew that they were perfectly capable of phoning for help if they realized something was amiss. He glanced over at Sam, wondering if he'd heard word from Star with a report of the other town being ready to go. "As soon as we hear from Star we'll let you know." He hung up his phone. "Bitch's got five minutes. We don't hear from her, we go ahead without her." Fervently, he hoped she would be inside the target area when that happened.

"Did Bobby say that they'd hooked everything together over there?" Sam was frowning as he spoke. He'd wanted to go with Bobby to make sure that the setup would work, but he'd known that Dean would accuse him of wanting to be with Star if he did, so he'd elected to stay with his brother, and was feeling generally useless as Dean and Ellen rushed around setting up the sound system, and a posse of demons laid out salt lines around the town. "Do you suppose we'll get the big ugly that holds your soul? You realize that this could be the end of your contract?"

"Maybe," Dean muttered as he pulled over to the place they were suppose to meet up. He glanced at his watch, seeing time ticking away, thinking that with each tick he was getting closer to his time coming due and wondering if this thing his mom had given Sam ould really work when the time came. Would he stay alive as long as Sam was? What if he was dragged into hell anyway? What would happen to Sam? Maybe that is what the demons wanted. Too many things ran through his head.

He looked out the window. "Somehow I don't think we'll get that lucky though."

"Let's just try anyway. You never know," said Sam, doing his best to feel positive although he too had an undeniable sinking feeling in his gut.

hr

"Let's just try anyway. You never know," said Sam, doing his best to feel positive although he too had an undeniable sinking feeling in his gut.

His phone rang. Answering it quickly, he heard Bobby's voice on the other end. "Is Dean ready? We should start the count down together, so that both villages are blasted at once. Let me know when you're in position, all right?"

Turning to Dean, Sam relayed what Bobby had said. "Okay, Bobby, Stand by."

Dean nodded and climbed out the back, hooking up his iPod onto which Sam had transfered the mp3. Dean jacked with it a little, cranked up the volume then nodded to Sam. "Ready. Tell him to count, you point." As he heard Sam relay it, he watched as his brother repeated the number and at three, he played the exorcism and turned his head looking toward the town as the sound blasted through every part of the place, from tornado speakers and the speakers on the ground.

Demons ran out of buildings and homes, screaming and holding their ears. The roar only grew louder as the exorcism progressed, and some realized they couldn't get out of town because of the salt. One glared at the brothers, snarling until black mist rose from the body and filled the air above the town.

The air was suddenly filled with thick, black smoke, as the demons began leaving their stolen suits behind. One woman screamed and ran, frothing at the mouth, over the confining salt circle, only to crash into a tree and fall senseless a few yards from where they waited.

As the sky began to clear, Sam gave a whoop. "It certainly got rid of some of them. Hopefully the big ugly that has your contract went with them."

Dean looked at Sam and shrugged. "I don't feel any different. Am I supposed to?" He looked up at the sky and then back to the town. "Let's just leave the salt lines, just in case. Let nature take care of it." He looked at Sam. "Well, you gonna call Bobby, see how he did?" Because to Dean, this seemed all too easy.

Sam was already thumbing his phone, lifting it to his ear to call up the older hunter. "Hey, Bobby, how's it going? Did it work? It seemed to go pretty well here - at least there seemed to be a fair number of demons driven out."

The voice at the other end of the phone sounded a little shaken. "It took them out. It took them all out. The whole place is full of unconscious bodies. Man, it worked. Do you get the feeling that it was too good to be true? Because I do."

Dean winced as he wandered away from Sam, looking around at the after effects of their plan. Bodies lay upon the ground, and, from what he could see, most were not breathing. "Poor bastards." He muttered. He hurried back to Sam to get the news. He had expected something like this, just not on this massive a scale. If anyone came into either of the towns and reported their findings, it was gonna be hard to explain on the news. "We should get out of here, see if we can find out what is going on with the others."

Sam nodded. He looked stricken, and made no complaint about leaving the unfortunate township behind. "Demons don't care what they destroy," he said, his voice thick with disgust.

He had pulled out his phone again. "Bobby, we're going back to your place. We'll meet you there, okay? Is Ellen all right?"

"She's fine, but your demon girlfriend seems to be one of the fallen. Her body is here, and I think she's dead." Bobby sounded tired, and as sick as Sam felt. "We'll be there as soon as we can. Want me to bring the body?"

Dean was climbing in the truck when he saw Sam's sickened look. He frowned at him but didn't ask anything right away. As he pulled away, he looked in the review mirror, taking one last look. He frowned though as he thought he saw a little girl back there but when he looked again, there was nothing.

He looked over to Sam, "You okay?"

"Bobby said that Star was one of the demons exorcised by the ceremony. I'm just wondering if that means our bargain is off and we're going to be fighting the whole bunch of them again." Sam frowned. "I'd rather wait and take down as many as we can of the rest first."

Looking at Dean, he gave a sour smile. "Suppose you're pleased though."

"Can't say I'll miss her. But you're right about the deal. Guess we'll find out," he answered. He reached over and patted Sam's leg. "Don't worry, you'll get another chance to make a mini-Sammy."

"Jesus, Dean, I hope not. I don't want any mini-Sammys to have to worry about. I've got enough problems just with you. We need to find out how to help you tap into your own powers, dude, then you can be the object of desire for some demon ho or other, and I can take a break." Sam gave Dean a nudge with his shoulder. The banter between them had lifted his spirits temporarily, but his gloom descended once again as he thought of the loss of life back in the two towns they'd just liberated. "We need to send the authorities in to clean up the mess back there, don't we?" he murmured. "Stop at a payphone, and I'll call it in."

Dean didn't know what his own abilities would even be. He didn't feel like he had any. Maybe they were just so horribly simple compared to Sam's that it didn't matter. Not that he liked entertaining the thought of evil coming after him, but if it took the heat off his brother, he would take it on. After all, that was his job.

He pulled the truck over, "I'm not shutting this off, so make it quick. I'm scared if I do, it won't start again."

Hopping out of Bobby's dilapidated truck, Sam ran into the gas station where Dean had just pulled in. Grabbing the payphone and a quarter, he dialed 911 and demanded all services. Giving a fake name, he pretended to panic, and finally cut off the dispatcher, hoping that would be enough to get emergency services on their way.

Back out at the truck, he closed the door and nodded grimly to Dean. "Done what I can. Let's go."

Dean pulled the truck away and headed back to meet up with Bobby. Upon pulling up he saw Ellen standing there, waiting and the door was opened as Bobby saw them pulling up. "You think they were worried?" Dean asked.

"About us? Why would they be?" Sam jumped out of the truck and ran around it towards the door. "Unless they thought that the truck might not make it. It's a rattletrap bucket of nuts and bolts."

"Just right for the Winchester brothers then," commented Ellen as the two of them went into the house.

Dean grabbed a beer, "That is just so wrong on so many levels." Dean moved over and flopped down on the couch. Not before pushing some books away. "Okay, so what do we know of our results or do we wait to find out?"

"There's been nothing on the news yet," said Bobby. "We had to get clear before we got to reporting it."

"We phoned it in on the way here," murmured Sam. "Guess that we have to wait and see. Are you sure it was Star that died? I wonder what'll happen to our deal now."

"It sure looked like her," nodded Bobby. "Do you have any way of summoning her? We need to make sure where we are and what we can count on."

Pulling his phone from his pocket again, Sam dialed Star's number.

Dean sat back and waited to see if he would reach Star, but he knew they might have to start formulating backup plans.

The phone continued to ring, and Sam was just about to close it and put it into his pocket again with a shrug, when there was a knock on the door. They all looked at each other, and Sam shrugged his shoulders, looking uncomfortable.

It was Ellen who finally went to the door, holy water in her hand. When she returned, she was leading the demon Sam and Dean had both seen with Star.

"Looks like I'm in charge now, doesn't it?" He was grinning. "Star got a little too close to the action. Funny how that happened."

"Yeah, ain't it," Dean crossed his arms. "Shame," he looked the guy over. "So any new news on the demon front? Did our little stunt give those bastards something to think about?"

"Are you kidding? They never knew what hit them." The demon's eyes blackened as he grinned. "We got rid of everyone that was in there." He paused for a moment, and then smirked. "Oh, and Star too. Sucks to be her, doesn't it? Still, I bet she'll find her way back out of hell. Won't take her long."

"What about the demon that owns Dean's contract?" Sam sounded desperate, and Bobby reached to place a grounding hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry. Can't have everything," said the demon. "He left, shortly before two. He got a call from head office."

Dean stared at him and ground his teeth, the damn bastard got away and he figured would happen. Nothing really goes their way. He moved in closer, "Got a call, from whom?" Dean growled out. "What head office?"

"Oh, come now, do I need to tell you who it is that runs the attack on earth?" The demon was still smirking. "Beelzebub of course! I haven't learned why, but I'm waiting for intel. I have a spy or so in that camp, so it won't be long."

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there really is a Beelzebub," said Sam, looking pale.

"So Dean's still on the hook. Got any ideas about how we can get him off again?"

Dean looked back to Sam and Bobby, wanting to know about Beelzebub. He looked confused and raised his eyebrows at Sam, asking for more information.

"Beelzebub is one of the higher echelons of demons, according to the bible. He's pretty much Lucifer's right hand man. Kind of like the Metatron is supposed to be the voice of God." Sam shrugged as Bobby explained to Dean. "If he's involved, you've got everyone's attention, boys. I guess you were born lucky or something."

"Lucky? Sounds more unlucky to me," Dean answered. "Okay so this Beelzebub might know who has my contract if he doesn't have it himself. Lilith was just wanting Sam's entrails on a stick for play, so she might not have it any more if she had it at all. Is there a way to call this bastard?"

The demon looked at Dean, uncertain. "You want to summon Beelzebub?" He stepped back far enough to press himself against the wall. "He's too powerful. You don't need to summon the Lord of the Flies. Please reconsider. We can get you the information, and at the end of it we will still live."

"Listen, dude," growled Sam, crowding the demon. "You've got twenty four hours to come back with the information we need, or we'll go ahead and draw Beelzebub to us, and I expect he'll find out about our deal."

"If he doesn't already know," Dean answered. He moved up closer to the demon. "You saw what we did to those towns. We are resourceful. You want to be on the winning team, don't piss us off. Cause I would hate to send you back to hell and then Beelzebub finds out about your little agreement with us." Dean's eyes said he was serious.

"Twenty four hours, right." The demon nodded, then dropped to one knee in front of the brothers and touched the ground. "I believe that I am on the winning team. I believe that you will overcome the obstacles that are facing you, and that the Nephilim walk the earth once more." Nodding to first Dean and then Sam, he turned and left.

"What was that all about? I'm not sure I like the idea of you boys consorting with demons." Ellen had been in the kitchen, out of the way, but now she emerged and showed them the pie she'd just taken out of the oven. "Don't suppose anyone wants to discuss things further at the table?"

Dean watched as the demon left before turning to look at Sam. He was about to say something when Ellen showed. His eyes fell upon the pie and he started over, "If we get pie," he said, beaming. He took the pie from her and placed it upon the table, then he sat down while Ellen got the plates.

"Look, sometimes you have to consort with the enemy to get what you need to win the battle." He looked up at Ellen. "We aren't happy about it either, but we can use all the leg up we can get."

"We did some good today." Bobby had pursed his lips, considering the way that the day had gone. "We must have accounted for at least 150 of them." He followed Dean through to sit at the kitchen table. "that's brought the odds down significantly. I'm not saying that we're out of the woods, but it's good progress for sure."

"So where do we go next?" Ellen looked at the three men. "Got any ideas?"

Dean got his plate full of pie and took a huge bite, his eyes screwed up in ecstasy. He chewed thoughtfully for a moment and then set down his fork. "We wait and see their reaction. See if they regroup. They are gonna have to, don't you think?" he asked, taking up his fork again. "We should look for signals - you know - the usual. Electrical storms, cattle mutilations, those signs."

"We could really use Ash about now." Sam's voice was somber. "I wish he'd given me the algorithm that he used to collate all the information." Sam frowned. "Can't help the feeling that they'll bring it to us, just to hit back. You think that there's a chance?"

Bobby nodded. "I think we need to raise a pentagram around the junkyard, just so we can keep 'em out. I started setting something up - put in culverts. We need to run hoses around and fill them with holy water. What d'you say?"

Dean nodded, "Sounds like a plan." Dean shoveled in another mouthful. "Can we finish eating pie first?" He was really digging the pie.

"Dude, your waistline is going. I can see it vanish." Sam grinned over at Dean. "Always supposing we keep you safe from the hellhounds, you know that the cholesterol will finish you off if you aren't careful." He turned back to Bobby. "You think we should set the pentagram now, or wait for daylight?"

"We're safe enough for tonight, I think. Once we've had a decent night's sleep, we can set it up in the morning." Bobby was reaching for a second piece of pie as he spoke, and Ellen grinned at him.

"Boys are so easy," she said. "All you gotta do is wave food at them, and they fold like cheap suits." She looked around at the three men. "I've salted and warded the doors and windows down here. It's up to you guys to take care of your own rooms, all right?"

"Is there an attic we should worry about?" Sam frowned, trying to remember.

Dean looked up at them, pie juice running down his chin. "Huh?" he didn't stop eating, but he was obviously thinking hard. "Okay," he said at last. "I say we start tonight, finish in the morning. Do what we can as long as we can. So, anyone else game?" Looking at Ellen, he smirked. "And boys aren't that easy. Now if you were to carry the food in naked, then we'd be easy."

Ellen flushed. ""Don't wait up for that," she said, rising from the table and going to find the shotguns. "Well, if you boys are going to start demon proofing the yard, I guess I'd better make some coffee. It's going to be a long night."

"Time enough to sleep when you're dead." Sam set his fork down on his empty plate and rose to stack it in the dishwasher, murmuring his thanks and giving her a casual hug as he passed. "You gonna come out and get down and dirty with us?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Ellen was grinning. "You know, when I was a kid I always wanted to be a fireman, but this is way cooler."

Dean got up, licking his plate. "Okay, let's go." He headed out, going to the barn/garage to look for some water hoses. "Bobby, you gonna bless the water source?" He had two hoses around his shoulders as he spoke, and now he made for the door to find a faucet and hook them up. As he went he was busily connecting one to the other, stringing them along to create the barrier they needed.

Sam had also found a couple of lengths of hose and some connectors, and he was looking at ways of ensuring that they would fit together in the gutters that had been dug around the yard. He cursed as he came upon a break in the shallow ditch that Bobby had dug, and went to find a shovel to clear away the cave-in.

Ellen was digging too, stripped down to her wife-beater as she wielded the spade, while Bobby arranged for water to flow into an old tank and from there into the hoses that the two boys were laying out.

As he brought the end of his hose up to the tank where Bobby was, Sam looked for Dean. "We gonna be able to keep the water blessed, if it's running all the time?"

Dean was coming around the corner when he stopped to watch Ellen work, admiring the way the sweat rolled down into areas he wouldn't mind seeing more of, and how her butt looked when she bent over. He shook himself from his daydream and moved over to Sam and Bobby. "Well if we get the water to recycle around, we won't have to worry about it."

Once the tank was filled, and the hoses in place, Bobby blessed the water, dropping a rosary into it and watching as it sank down into the tank.

When the taps were turned on and the water began to fill the hoses, forming a solid band around the grounds, the four of them heaved a sigh of relief. Sam had moved to stand beside his brother, watching him and trying to gauge his mood, and as the level of the water in the tank, he reached to caress the back of Dean's neck.

"You tired?" he asked.

Dean watched as the water flowed. He leaned back into Sam's touch then nodded. "Yeah, I am. Let's head upstairs." Of course Dean didn't say anything about sleeping, just going upstairs. Having just watched Ellen, it had made him horny.

He turned and pushed Sam ahead of him, shoving at his back. "Move that ass," he grinned and smacked Sam on the ass as he moved up the stairs.

There was almost no time to say goodnight. Calling a hurried farewell to Bobby and Ellen, Sam went willingly, laughing as they mounted the stairs. Once in their bedroom, he turned to face Dean. "Dude, what got into you? You been bitten by something?"

Dean closed the door, locking it behind him. He grabbed Sam and pulled him against his body. "No, just figured, better get this while I can." He smirked as he pulled Sam down to start kissing him and started tearing at his clothing.

At first, Sam went along with Dean, happy that his brother seemed to be over his earlier anger. He let Dean rip away his T-shirt, and only protested when it seemed as if his one good pair of jeans were about to become a memory. Laughing, he pinned Dean's hands together in one large paw.

"Dude, let me. I need to wear these things again in the morning," he murmured, unfastening them with one hand and allowing them to fall to his knees. "No need to emulate Tarzan!"

Dean stepped back and took off his own shirt, then started to work at his jeans. He pulled them down and then off before stalking back to his brother, grabbing him to kiss him all over again. His hands roamed over his brother's chest and back. His mouth devoured, his tongue curling around Sam's, tasting him. He gave a moan as he felt the need to reclaim his brother.

There had been a point earlier in the day when Sam had thought he'd lost Dean for good. Now that Star was no longer in the picture to taunt them he hoped that they'd be able to settle down and get their relationship back where he wanted it. He melted into Dean's arms, pulling him down onto the bed so he could wrap himself around him. "Makes it all worthwhile," he whispered. "Just knowing that you want me the way I want you."

Dean worked his mouth over Sam's neck as he spoke. "Yeah?" he questioned while he licked up Sam's neck to his chin. He nibbled along Sam's jaw and then ran his hand over the strong, well muscled chest, caressing the well defined muscles that Dean lacked. He traced his finger over Sam's tattoo and listened to him moan. His mouth worked over Sam's earlobe, teeth pulling, tongue washing. "How do you want me, little brother?" He breathed.

"Oh, fuck!" Sam shivered at the hot breath against his neck. "I want you like this. I want you naked, loving me. I want you fucking me breathless, so I can watch you come." He arched his neck to give Dean better access and fumbled with the plaid shirt that Dean wore, pushing it off his shoulders and starting to work on the Tee he wore under it. "I want you naked," he growled again.

Dean pushed away from his brother, shirt coming off followed by his tee. He crouched between Sam's legs, looking down at him, and he ran his hand over his brother's belly before moving down to stroke at his cock. "Okay, naked as you asked, little bro," he murmured, leaning down to kiss Sam's chest.

Sam lost himself in sensation, giving as good as he got. He reached down to cup one of Dean's ass cheeks with one huge paw and pull him close, while the other reached to take hold of Dean's cock and begin to work it.

"Thought you were starting to hate me, dude," he murmured. "Was all set to pine away."

"You are such a girl," Dean teased as he bit his brother. He leaned in and kissed him, his tongue probing his brother's mouth as he rocked his hips into Sam's larger hand. Moaning, he moved his fingers down to rub the skin just behind Sam's sac. "Want me to suck your cock?"

Eyes wide, Sam nodded. He could think of little better than watching Dean suck him. Just the idea of Dean's pretty mouth stretched around him, while those thickly lashed green eyes gazed up at him, made his cock jump in Dean's hand. "God, yes," he breathed, reaching to caress Dean's cheek as he slid gracefully down Sam's body.

Dean moved down, his mouth kissing and biting over Sam's skin. He smiled against Sam's navel as he moved lower. He pushed Sam's legs apart, and he moaned as he watched the thick cock move, throbbing in anticipation. Leaning down, he started to lick at Sam's cock, teasing it with his tongue. Up one side and down the other, smoothing plush lips over hard flesh.

There were choked sounds from Sam as Dean began to tease him. He threaded his fingers through Dean's short hair and moaned. "Dammit, dude, why can't you grow your hair a little? I can't get a good grip on it."

He arched up into Dean's mouth and stroked his brother's ears, wanting more than the contact he was getting. "Jesus! You know how to torment me."

Dean chuckled, "For that very reason." His hand stroked up and down Sam's cock, giving his brother some friction. "I like seeing your face when I tease you." He leaned in and licked Sam's crown, tasting the drops that seeped out. Moving his hand so he could get his mouth around Sam's crown, he worked it with his tongue and lips, rubbing the crown against the roof of his mouth.

His stroked up and down Sam, working to match his mouth's movements, and with each movement, Dean went lower and lower, working more of him down into his mouth and throat.

The heat and wetness of Dean's mouth made Sam whine as he thrust up into it, but it was the sight of Dean's misty eyes gazing up at him, and the plush lips wrapped around his cock that were having almost as much of an effect on him.

"God, Dean, you're so fucking beautiful," he whispered. "I can't ever seem to get enough of you - of this."

Dean kept moving, lowering his head and closing his eyes, giving Sam all the pleasure he could. He ran his hands over lean hips, rubbing and caressing as he pulled away at last, working his way up Sam's body, kissing, licking and nipping. "I love seeing you like this."

Heart pounding, body tight under Dean's caresses, Sam could only groan and cling on to him for the ride. He was close - so close, and he could feel Dean's cock pressing up against his thigh. "You gonna give it to me, Dean?" he whispered. "Need you. Come on, dude, do it."

Dean chuckled as he was pushing Sam's legs up and apart. "So eager." He leaned in and kissed him, rubbing their cocks together. His mouth kept working over Sam, from lips to jaw to ear. He rubbed a hand up and down one of Sam's legs.

"Does that surprise you?" Sam was breathing hard, body sweat-slick and trembling. He spread his legs wide, bucked his hips up into Dean's grip, feeling his cock slide against Dean's, hot and slippery and incredible. "You make me so horny. Just looking at you makes my stomach flip, and dude, if you keep that up I'm gonna come all over you any minute."

Dean bit at Sam's bottom lip then kissed him once more before pulling back enough to look into his eyes, "Then come. So I can work you up all over again." And could count on using the lube Sam's juices would provide to do the job.

The words, spoken in Dean's deep voice, tickled over Sam's skin like feathers, and sent sweet sensation tingling down his spine. Sam gasped and bucked into his brother's hand as he released.

Lying back, limp and sticky, he smirked up at Dean. "Well, all right," he said, grinning so that his dimples flashed deep and mischievous. "I guess I can go to sleep now. See you in the morning."

"Okay, sleep, still gonna fuck you," Dean chuckled as he swiped his hand through Sam's release and stroked it, first onto his cock then into Sam's ass. "Besides, won't be wanting to sleep very soon." He took his cock and pushed it against Sam's entrance, working slowly to get inside.

A little pain, a little pleasure and finally his crown pushed in.

Knees up to allow Dean access, Sam chuckled at him. "Gonna make me have it, are ya?" he laughed. "Glad to see that you're mastering me. There's no knowing what mischief I might get into if you let me run amok."

Pulling his brother down to him, he nipped the end of Dean's nose and then fixed his mouth to Dean's in a long, slow exploration of it. "I love you," he whispered.

Dean moaned softly at the kiss his brother gave him. "I know you do," he answered back and grinned. His face melted with pleasure as he drove in hard so he could fill Sam. He pushed back from Sam's reach, grabbing his legs and holding him as he started to move inside his brother.

Dean's cock glided in and out of his brother, fucking him with precision slowness that was calculated to drive his brother wild. His cock would be almost out, before Dean drove it back in to press against his sweet spot. Dean reveled in the reaction he got from Sam each time that happened, loving to see his face soften in pleasure and then tense with it as well. Now and again, he would drive hard and fast into his brother, only to slow back down once again a moment later.

When Dean was like this, Sam couldn't think of anything else but his brother. His world narrowed to the place where their bodies joined, to where Dean's hands held him steady so that he could drive him crazy with cock and fingers and mouth.

The time for words was long past. Dean owned him, and Sam could only hang on for the ride as his brother fucked him, slowly bringing him to a place where he thought he was going to die if Dean didn't let him come.

He whimpered softly, gasped out, "Please...?" and fixed Dean with his best, puppy-dog stare.

Dean ran his hand over Sam's leg, caressing before sliding his hand over the wet cock that was now hard all over again. He started stroking his brother, helping to bring him off. "Want you to come again," Dean whispered as he started driving in harder than ever. He was close himself. He needed to get off as well, and he was close.

He fucked Sam hard, drawing closer and closer as he watched his brother's face contort with pleasure. Sam arched his back, and Dean closed his eyes, gritted his teeth and then his expression changed as he released into Sam, his face softer, pleasured.

Watching Dean's face contort and then relax again as he shot his load was all Sam needed. All of a sudden he was tipping over into bliss, sending a spattering of sticky fluid to spill over Dean's caressing fingers.

When Dean collapsed onto him, he was ready, arms out and welcoming as he eased his brother down and held him in his arms. He lowered Dean down onto the bed, rolling to keep cuddling him as their bodies separated.

"That was amazing," whispered Sam.

"Have to get it while we can," Dean answered when his breath caught up to him. His heart still pounded. He reached up, brushing Sam's hair back. "So want me to grow my hair long huh?" He gave a smirk. "As long as yours?"

"That'd be good," said Sam, smiling sleepily. "You'd look awesome with a bit more hair." He slid his fingers over Dean's scalp and chuckled. "feels so nice under my fingers." He gave a yawn and cuddled closer to Dean. "You gonna?" he asked as his eyelids drifted closed. "Give me something to get hold of?"

Dean chuckled, "We'll see. Maybe if you behave." Dean pulled Sam to him and soon drifted into sleep.

Back: Episode 17 –|– Next: Episode 19


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional