13: The Ties That Bind

Photobucket

Fandom: Supernatural

Category/Rated: R for violence

Year/Length: 2008/~8264

Pairing: Sam and Dean

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Warning: Wincest

Summary: Dean seemed quiet, withdrawn, and to most of Sam's questions or comments he merely gave a grunt and a nod or short answers. It appeared he was more disturbed about the things that had happened in the Winchester house than he'd let on now he was away from it, and he was doing a piss-poor job of covering his feelings up. With another grunt and nod, Dean caught his jacket and headed out the door, making his way back toward the Impala. On Sam's recommendation, they made for the Palo Alto Bar and Grill. Dean guessed that his brother had likely been here with Jessica.

Series: Supernatural Virtual Slash Season 3

Beta: [info]ailurophile6 for which much thanks.

hr

They were both thoughtful as they made their way away from the Winchester house and began to look for a hotel. They were very close to Palo Alto, and Sam knew a Bed and Breakfast place he and Jess had stayed in, back when he'd had a life, before the darkness had stolen everything from him except for his brother. It was close enough to the coast that they could hear gulls, smell the sea, and Sam was suddenly starving. As soon as they'd checked in and dumped their stuff in the room, he eyed his brother.

"Dude, an army marches on its stomach, and I ain't marching any further 'til mine is full. Can we find a bar that does food, because I swear that my belly thinks my throat was cut." He didn't mention the fact that they'd left behind a whole bunch of unanswered questions and an active ghost. He didn't need to. He could see from Dean's expression that he was thinking of the things they'd learned - and of the things they hadn't managed to find out.

He said nothing further, but, in the hopes of forestalling Dean's apparent need to clean every gun they possessed, he put on his jacket and tossed Dean's across to him. "Come on! You don't want me to keel over dead before your very eyes?" he said, grinning as he waited by the door.

Dean seemed quiet, withdrawn, and to most of Sam's questions or comments he merely gave a grunt and a nod or short answers. It appeared he was more disturbed about the things that had happened in the Winchester house than he'd let on now he was away from it, and he was doing a piss-poor job of covering his feelings up. With another grunt and nod, Dean caught his jacket and headed out the door, making his way back toward the Impala. On Sam's recommendation, they made for the Palo Alto Bar and Grill. Dean guessed that his brother had likely been here with Jessica.

The smell of food instantly brought Dean's stomach to life, grumbling as he stood by his brother, waiting for a table. The bar looked inviting too. Tempting in fact. Lucky for him, before he could suggest going there, the two were escorted to a table and seated. The menu was placed before them and, glancing over it quickly, Dean saw steak, baked potato and whatever else came with it, he didn't care about the rest of the menu; that was what he was going for. They ordered beer, two up while Sam studied his menu.

"They have rabbit food if you are hungry for that, but I'm getting a steak," Dean finally announced, seeming a little more relaxed now that there were people around them. He still had a nasty prickling at the back of his neck as though someone was watching them, and he didn't notice the eyes that were locked on him, watching from another table.

"Steak sounds good," nodded Sam, laying his menu down and studying his brother. The server reappeared with their drinks, and they gave their orders. As she headed away to the kitchen to get their food Sam sat back in his chair and surveyed his brother.

"So, dude, you've been very quiet. What's eating you?" he asked, nudging Dean with his knee. "Out with it."

"Nothing," was Dean's instant response. Of course, all Sam had to do was give him that look, even though Dean was lounging in the booth, one arm over the back as if he didn't have a care in the world. Giving up the pretense of nonchalance, he sat forward, grabbing his beer and taking a drink. "I was just thinking about mom. What she would have become if she ... hadn't used up her energy to save you. Would she be like Sarah, the same, or would she ..." He cut off, staring into his glass. "But then we don't have to worry about that. Not gonna happen, so mute point." He shrugged it off and lounged again.

"I hear what you're saying, man." Sam frowned, watching his brother closely. "Listen, I know that she's not an earthbound spirit; I'm telling you, dude, I saw her when I did my spirit walk. She told me that she'd been allowed to come and help us. She said she'd see you again when the time came, too, although I don't know exactly when that's going to be, because she had to go once she'd given me the crystals." Sam met Dean's eyes, trying to put into his own the reassurance he knew Dean needed. "She wouldn't have become evil, dude. I believe she was held back specifically to help us, and she loves you... she loves us both too much to become anything other than who she was."

"Just who was she?" Dean asked in looking at his brother. He looked down, feeling suddenly guilty he'd asked that. To cover up his guilt, he took another sip of his beer. Dean had thought he knew his family, but, more and more, he was learning that wasn't the case. It was as if he was an outsider - as if he wasn't even part of the family. Shifting, he met Sam's eyes. "You know, we are pretty close to Jessica's grave, did you want to stop by?"

The question sent a sudden wave of nausea through Sam's system. For a tiny moment, Jessica had been his everything. He'd been so sure that she and he would be together forever, and then she'd been murdered in front of him - ripped away by something so far beyond his comprehension that he still reeled when he recalled it. He'd thought he couldn't stand it, believed he'd go mad, or die, but he was still here, and the thing that had killed her was dead. There had been other women since Jessica - Madison, Ashley... and then there had been Dean, the greatest love of all, and he was finding it hard to picture Jessica's face now. "I... I guess I could," he murmured. "Would you want to come with me?"

"Me?" Dean looked a bit surprised. Even when he'd gone to his mom's grave he hadn't taken Sam with him. He was like his father that way, private to the end. "I'll come with you if you want," he said after a moment's reflection. "You don't have to go, you know." He kicked a leg out, resting it between Sam's so he could rub it against him. Always, to the end, he was taking care of his brother.

As ever, Dean's touch grounded Sam, and he relaxed a little. "Thanks, dude." He sighed. "I know it's stupid, and you're gonna call me a girl, but I need to... I dunno, introduce you to her - show her that you're with me, and... yeah, dumb, I know it." He fell silent as their food arrived, and for a few moments they were both quiet, then he looked up again. "Go on. Tell me what an idiot I am. I'm waiting."

"No. Not gonna. It's not dumb if that's what you want to call it. Sam, there are certain things I won't do. Like dress up like a girl and wear heels for you, but this... yeah, I'll go." He took a bite of his steak. "So we go tomorrow? On our way out. Speaking of which, where should we go next? Back to pay Bobby a visit?" Of course Bobby was now the closest person to a father either of them ever had.

"We could." Sam cocked his head to one side as he thought. "Although I'd kinda like to go back down to New Orleans too, just to check on Ashley and make sure she's okay. I had a weird dream about her the other night..." He frowned and kicked Dean under the table. "And it wasn't one of those sorts of dream either. It was kind of confusing, but I got the feeling she needed help."

Dean had cracked a huge grin when Sam said Ashley, dream and weird all in the same breath. He winced at the blow to his shins and kicked Sam back, smirking. "You brought the ideas up." He rubbed his leg. "So what was confusing? You wearing the corset and not her?" He grinned again, but then he got serious, wondering half fearfully in the back of his mind if Sam's abilities were returning. "What kind of help?" he asked, at last.

"That's just it," murmured Sam. "It was just a feeling. It felt like someone or something was watching her - waiting for something to happen. I don't know. I just don't want to hear that she ended up on the ceiling, burning." He gave a shudder. "I guess it'll be all right if I just call her from time to time. We don't have to go back down there if you don't want. I'm sure she'll be okay."

"No," Dean's response was immediate. He knew his brother, and he knew that if something did happen to little Ashley, Sam would never forgive himself. "I say let's go. We go down to New Orleans and, hey, maybe have some of that gumbo, or crab or crawfish. Oh and the beer." He grinned widely, knowing that his words would ease his brother. He'd meant it about the gumbo too.

"Dude, you're the best," said Sam, turning pink with relief. He began to eat at last, tucking away the large steak and baked potato in short order. "It's kinda creepy for me being round here, you know," he admitted. "Feels like that whole time I spent here was another life. I won't be sorry to leave." He watched as Dean finished his steak and set his fork down. "So, I'm betting you want dessert? You should try the pecan pie; it's the best thing I've ever tasted."

"Pie?" Dean's face seem to light up. "Oh yeah, I'll take some. With ice cream." He smiled brightly. "I say after this we head back, catch some z's and then head out tomorrow."

"How did I know you were going to say that?" Sam shook his head, grinning at his brother, but it was evident that he was equally as invested in dessert, and it wasn't long before the two of them were devouring their pie and ice cream. When they were finally done and sipping their coffee, both men looked as though they'd attended a banquet. Tossing money onto the dish with the check, Sam finally rose to his feet. "Guess it's bedtime then. Come on, dude. Let's go snuggle."

"Snuggle," Dean shook his head, "Still girly after all this time. Men don't snuggle," Dean playfully punched Sam's arm.

"This one does," retorted Sam, but there was no heat in his words, and the two left the restaurant walking very close together.

hr

The demons were waiting for them as they exited the Palo Alto Bar and Grill, leaning against the wall as though they had nothing better to do. Maybe they didn't. The woman they'd met before had her arms crossed, looking casual as her eyes fell upon the pair emerging. Sam frowned at the two of them. "What do you want?" he growled, while beside him he could sense Dean suddenly getting prickly as he moved slightly in front of him. There was a death glare in his green eyes.

"We need to talk," said Star as she moved around Dean to take Sam's arm in a casual manner.

Sam shook her off. "We need to sleep. You'll have to wait."

"Back off skank debris," Dean growled, "Just tell us what the hell you want."

"My my, talk about overly protective! But then you've always been that way with your brother haven't you, Dean. Jealous much?" She moved to face Sam, "We'll talk but not here. I don't think you want to upset the patrons who are enjoying their meal."

"Look," said Sam, face as blank as he could make it. "We're tired, and we have a long trip ahead of us. Suppose you tell us what it is that you want, and let us go get some rest."

"Very well," said the demoness. "Have it your way. The One is coming for you. He's gathered up his troops, and he's looking for you. Once he finds you, he'll make your lives very difficult... very short, too." She gave him a smile that was somehow the most frightening expression he'd ever seen. "You're not making it easy to protect you. You need to tell us where you are, so that we can mount guard on you."

Sam nodded as he considered Star's words. "Okay. You have a point." He looked at Dean as they reached the Impala. "I'm not really keen on having a cavalcade of demons follow us all across the country, but I guess it would make sense to give you an idea of our itinerary." He pondered for a moment. "Give me your number," he said to the demoness. "I'll call you once a day and tell you where we are. I'd appreciate it if you didn't make me look like a mafia boss or something. Keep it subtle, okay?" He reached into his pocket and scribbled down his cell number on a piece of paper, holding it out to her. "Use the phones, all right?"

Dean leaned against his car. "If you are so worried about him, why don't you give him something he can defend himself against those demons with. You aren't gonna be around us twenty-four/seven, so a weapon would be nice if you are gracious. I mean, really, if he got into trouble, and for some reason I couldn't use the Colt, you think a phone call will get to us fast enough?"

The woman glared at Dean, and there was clearly a conflict upon her face.

The second demon bent and whispered in her ear and then stepped away with a low laugh. Giving him a dismissive stare, she turned back to Dean. "There is something. I will need to make a few calls," she said.

"It's okay. Just call me," nodded Sam. "It'd be nice to have something that works against demons apart from exorcism. There isn't always time for that."

Dean had been watching the demons closely, and the one that had laughed at him had him glaring. Bastards, even if they were trying to help. "Let me guess, we have to do something for you before we get it? Bring you back a herring?" He rolled his eyes. "They got nothing; let's go Sam. Wasting our time." He pulled open his door and slipped in, letting the door creak shut as it always did.

""Give us a chance," said Star. "We didn't have to come tell you about The One, did we? We could've let you find out for yourself, but we honor our agreements." She gave Sam a look that was almost imploring. "You know that we're working for you. You know that we're making sure that you stay safe. Since we bound ourselves to you we've killed almost forty of our kind that would have come after you. Let us do our job."

"Do it then," murmured Sam, nodding as he pulled open his door. "It would be good to think that I had a weapon to defend myself with, so thank you for considering that." He bowed his head briefly and then climbed into the car next to Dean. "We'll talk tomorrow," he called, and the demons nodded before fading into the night.

Dean just stared at the empty space. His jaw tight, teeth clenched. He hated that word, 'bound' to them. "You know they could be lying. Probably are." He looked to his brother before reaching to start the car. "I still don't trust them, deal or no deal. As for 'the One' they keep talking about, who knows if he is even real. Might be just some way to goad you into this."

"I don't know, Dean." Sam rubbed his forehead. "Let's see what they come up with. You never know - there might be something out there that I can use as a weapon, and they're much more likely to know about it than we are. If they don't give me anything, we haven't lost anything, and if they do, then I'll find a way to test it." He shot Dean a weak smile. "We'll see, won't we, dude. Til then, let's go back to the room and see what comes up."

Dean looked over at his brother then nodded. The whole thing was giving him a sick feeling in his stomach. It wasn't settling well with the steak he'd just had.

hr

At last, the car was parked outside the motel room and both brothers were inside. Dean was sitting on the bed, waiting his turn, while Sam washed up in the bathroom. He found himself unconsciously rubbing his tattoo, his finger moving over it lightly while he stared at the floor, thinking. What was it with these demons? He knew there was something the demons weren't telling them. He could tell by the look in their eyes, especially those of the female, Star. She wouldn't look at Dean directly, and Dean felt as if it was somehow easier for her to lie to Sam. He was sure that if he had half a chance he would be able to read her like an open book, and that worried him.

Sam in turn could feel the pall of anxiety that hung over Dean, knew that his brother was overthinking things as usual, and wondered just how he could ease his mind. He finished washing and stumbled out, feeling irritable and scared, and knowing that the emotions weren't his. He settled for going back to sit next to Dean and rubbing his back. "Dude, I think that we're somehow sensing each other's emotions. I can feel you worrying, and it's not good. We've been dealt this hand, and we've got to play it, no matter what, because it's our only chance." He slid his massaging hand up to the back of Dean's neck to stroke there, willing his brother to feel easier. "So what do you want to do, man? I vote for a little loving and then some sleep, but your views may vary."

He'd only just finished speaking when his phone rang. It was Star, of course. "We've agreed on a weapon, and I have something for you," she said. "I'll bring it to you."

Dean looked up at his brother, forcing a little smile to tug at the corner of his lips. He'd been about to make some comment about getting Sam into women's underwear when the phone rang. Sam reached into his pocket for his cell phone, and, sure enough, Dean heard Star's voice. He rolled his eyes and got up, moving away from his brother, backing away until he could lean against the dresser with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, okay, but it's really not a good time. If you can come right now, then fine, but I'm not going to wait." Sam wanted more than anything to go to Dean and wrap himself around his brother, but he had to stay focused. He knew as well as anyone that one false step with a demon would be his last - and then Dean would be gone as well.

"I'm outside your door," she said, her voice syrupy sweet. "Come along, Sammy. Let me in."

Grinding his teeth, he went to the door. "Dean, she says she has a weapon for me. Let's just get this over with right now, and then it won't be hanging over us in the morning."

Dean gave a shrug, pretty much saying he didn't care. "Let me guess, she's at the door?" He hadn't heard the conversation from where he was, but walking to the door to pull it open, his suspicions were confirmed. "Well, might as well come on in." He motioned her in and closed the door on her escort. "So what do we have to do now?"

"You don't have to do anything," she murmured. "We've come bearing gifts." Turning to Sam, she offered him a flat box made from polished black wood. "Here," she said. "This is for you. If you wish to test it, we can arrange that."

Sam opened the box and took out the knife that lay within. It was made of some dull metal that had no shine to it, although the edge was sharp enough to cause his finger to bleed when he tested it. "This kills demons?" he asked her. "What do I need to do to get it?"

"Nothing. She smiled at him and turned to Dean. "You see, we're all on the same side - for now," she murmured.

"The key words are 'for now,' aren't they?" he growled, "How long is that gonna last?" He still didn't trust her; he didn't trust any of them as far as he could throw them.

"You promised us Las Vegas," she said and smiled, eyes wide and guileless before veiling themselves with black. "Wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that, now, would I?"

"I don't know, maybe Vegas isn't enough for you, now that you've had chance to think about it." He turned to face her. He thought that the extra thing she wanted would turn out to be his brother.

"Dean, we made a bargain; you know that," she said, still smiling. "And unlike you humans, once we've made a bargain we may not break it." She reached up and patted his face, pouting as he stiffened. "What's the matter? Don't you love me?"

"No," Dean answered as he pulled away and went to look at the knife Sam was holding. He sat down beside his brother taking it from him and looking it over, noting the carvings and markings on the blade. He looked up at her, "I guess we shouldn't ask where you got this."

"Let's just say that there are going to be heads rolling when it's found to be missing," said Star. She sauntered over to take a seat beside Dean and lean against him. "It's one of the items that were first used in Mesopotamia a long time ago. It belonged to Baal, and he's going to regret his carelessness next time he goes to his closet."

"Items?" asked Sam. "You mean there are more?"

"How many more do you need, Sammy?"" cooed the demon. "Now you have a weapon, Dean has a weapon, and you've got your army when you need to use us. That should be enough, even for one of the nephilim."

"Nephilim. You keep calling him that. Why?" Dean asked looking at her. "And yeah, we can use all the weapons we can get our hands on."

"You don't know what the nephilim are, Deano?" Star arched her brow at him. "You amaze me." She raised her finger and ran it down over his jaw. "The nephilim are the children of man and angels, my dear. Your brother is such a child. Didn't you know? Didn't Daddy dearest tell you?"

"You're full of shit!" Sam rose to his feet and went to stand by the dresser, his two palms flat on the polished surface of the top. "It's a lie."

Dean looked at her then back to Sam. "Man and angels?" He shifted, "No, he didn't." But then John hadn't told them a lot of things. "But that would mean Sam ..." wasn't really his brother. Would it? Did that mean his mom was an angel? Or his father? And what did that mean for him? Was he just ... normal? Was his mom even really his mom then? Was John his father?

She gave the two of them another of her knowing smiles and rose to her feet. "Well, I'm sure you have a lot to talk about, so I'll leave you now." Turning, she went to the door. "Sleep well, kiddies. We'll be watching over you, never fear."

Sam snarled and made for the door, but she was too quick for him and was gone in a draft of cold air. Turning back to Dean, Sam slumped. "I'll fucking kill her," he growled. "She's a liar, and I'm sick of this. Why can't we just live normal lives? Why do we have to put up with all this shit?"

Dean just looked up at his brother. "And if she's not. Sam, they haven't lied to us so far yet which makes this all a little harder for me to ... take." He shifted a bit, facing his brother more. "Sam, it doesn't matter though, I still love you." Though Dean had to think, that explained why John doted over Sam so much. Perhaps he wasn't John's son after all, which would explain why Jonh Winchester had never called him son. Why he'd treated Dean as he had.

"But that's nuts." Sam was looking sick now. "You're my brother, and that's the end of it. There's nothing different about me, except I'm not a dwarf like you." He stumbled over to Dean and bowed his head. "You're still my brother, Dean. Tell me you are."

Even though Dean was questioning it, he nodded, "Yes, I'll always be your brother. I raised you. I took care of you. I made sure you got your ass up to school and defended you against the bullies. Still am."

Putting his hand out to cup Dean's cheek, Sam gazed into his eyes, willing him to see him as the same person he'd always been. "Demons lie," he said, voice husky. "She's messing with me; she's messing with both of us, the bitch." He bent to kiss Dean, a brief graze of lips over his brother's full mouth. "I love you," he mumbled. "Nothing will ever stop me from loving you."

Dean didn't think she had been lying. It explained the hollow feeling in his stomach -that feeling he'd had all his life. Still, there was one feeling that had never changed for him, and that was the love he had for his brother. "Nothing will ever change that," Dean surged in and kissed his brother with all the love, desire, need he could express, wanting only to let Sam that know no matter what happened it wouldn't change the way he felt.

A flood of relief washed through Sam's system at the feel of Dean's arms around him, and the touch of his lips. He felt tears prick his eyes and wondered all over again just how much his brother had given away for his sake. He laid his cheek against Dean's shoulder, relishing his warm strength. "Who do you suppose the angel was, then? If it was Mom, then we'd both be nephilim, and not just me. Dad was no angel though. What do you suppose happened?"

Dean shook his head, "Maybe I'm not..." it was possible that he was the child of neither of them. "Doesn't matter, we are bonded together. I gave my life for you." He caressed Sam. "What do you think?"

"I think I'd give mine for you if it came to it. We're joined together now in pretty much every way you could possibly imagine." Sam ran his hands down over Dean's back to pull him close. "Mom told me that she'd come to you when it was time. She told me that she loves you. She's got to be your mom too, dude."

"Yeah," Dean nodded, "She has to be. But if she was the angel, how come ..." He shook his head. She couldn't be his mom then. "I don't care, you will always be my brother no matter what they say." He held his brother tightly. "We should get some sleep."

"Good idea," laughed Sam, temporarily putting the vexed question of his parenthood out of his mind. "We've got a long drive ahead of us." He released his brother temporarily, sitting down on the edge of the bed and bending to unlace his boots. "I guess I'm exhausted." He took off his shoes and toed off his socks. Reaching up, he pulled off his shirt and tossed it over into the corner and then bent to unfasten his jeans. "And, call me a girl if you like, but I want to feel your arms round me all of a sudden."

Dean was undressing as well. Lately, sleeping with Sam, he hadn't been wearing his shirt, so he only had his underwear on by the time he crawled into bed next to Sam. He wrapped his arms around Sam and pulled him close. "That better?" He asked.

"Much." Sam, for all his great size, somehow seemed to burrow in against his brother, becoming once more the tired, scared little brother of their youth. "Only thing I know, dude," he said. "You and me have to stay together, cos neither of us are any use apart. I need you, and it's just starting to come home to me how much."

"We are each other's weakness and strength. We need each other because we are stronger together. I don't care what any one says." Dean kissed the top of Sam's head and rubbed his back.

"That's true," mumbled Sam, turning his face into Dean's neck and sighing softly. "G'night."

Despite the earlier shock and his subsequent fears, Sam was soon fast asleep, as secure as he'd ever been in the arms of the brother who had been his all.

He woke at first light, coming to only to find Dean still wrapped around him. Leaning back so that he could look at Dean's face, he felt his heart thump heavily as it filled with love for him. Bending forward, he brushed his mouth across Dean's and then began to slip down beneath the clothes, trying not to wake his brother as he went.

Dean gave a moan and shifted a bit. He rolled to his back, turning his head to the side. He was dimly aware that he could feel hands upon him, caressing, lips as well. He gave a little moan as he felt breath on his cock, already hardened with early morning wood. He shifted again, trying to get comfortable, because his cock was being disturbed by lips, and breath and tongue.

The scent of Dean was the best aphrodisiac in the world. Sam buried his face in Dean's groin and inhaled deeply, drawing it into his lungs, then leaned in to lick along the erect cock, tasting salty pre-cum as he reached the tip. His fingers strayed down to cup and massage Dean's balls, loving the way the skin curled in and drew them tight under his fingers. opening his lips, he sucked in the head of Dean's erection, swirling his tongue around it and humming softly. It was going to be a good morning if he had anything to do with it.

Dean moaned and shifted then his eyes fluttered open and he quickly lifted the blankets up. "Sammy?" He looked down then bit his bottom lip at the sight of his cock disappearing into his brother's mouth. His legs parted more for his brother. "Is this your way of giving me a wake up call and telling me you are hungry?"

"You got it in one, dude," said Sam around his mouthful of cock. "See, I wasn't really doing anything, so I thought I should make myself useful." He smirked and kissed the crown, a long, luscious kiss that brought a fresh spurt of precome to coat his tongue. "You taste good, and I think I'll probably eat it all." As he was speaking, his fingers were busily probing down between Dean's buttocks, making good use of the extra room granted by the spreading of his brother's legs. "Although then again," he said, pushing one finger in past the tight sphincter. "I could possibly find something to do down here as well."

Dean felt his hips jerk in response. A curse left his lips, and he let out a deep throaty moan. "I think you should. I think you should put something down there as well." Dean reached down and ran his fingers through Sam's hair. "You are driving me crazy." He shivered, then swore again reacting to a long, slow lick Sam had given him. He heard Sam chuckle at him, and growled, "Bitch."

"Not wise to call the guy with your cock in his mouth a bitch," smirked Sam. "He might suddenly take a bite." He began to suck Dean harder, and his finger went deeper, curling up to seek and rub his sweet spot. "And you're just gonna have to put up with me doing things the way I want them done. I'll be putting things in here when I'm ready... Jerk!"

Dean let out a sound, his insides quivering with the mere thoughts of what Sam could do, what he would be doing. Sam was driving him into a frenzy of need and desire. Curses and other wordless sounds escaped his lips, and his fist tightened into the bedding in an effort not to hurt his brother by clenching it in his hair. Several times, Dean nearly came up off the bed. A stroke or a touch in exactly the right place caused the hunter to start begging. "Please, Sammy, god! Gonna die."

"Yeah, Dean, that's it! I love to hear you begging me." Sam lifted his head at last and gazed into Dean's eyes, groping for the lube without actually looking. He succeeded in knocking his phone onto the floor before his fingers made contact with what he sought, and he gave a little, low laugh as he pulled it to him and started to smear it onto his fingers and cock. "Hope you're ready for me," he murmured. "Cos I'm sure ready for you!"

"YES! I am, now stop teasing," Dean complained as he rolled onto his back, legs spread open and waiting. God, Sam could drive Dean crazy in two ways. His incessant teasing and stating of the obvious made him crazy. They gave Dean ideas of just pinning his brother to the bed and riding him till he was screaming for him to stop. Of course the visual that had now imprinted itself into his brain only served to get him revved up even more. "Hurry up."

Eying Dean with amusement, Sam slowly climbed to his knees, shuffling forward so that he could pull Dean onto his lap and then pushed, gasping as his cock was surrounded by the tight heat of Dean's insides. "God, Dean... I just... I never get tired of this, of you." Curling his torso, he pulled Dean's legs over his shoulders and then bent to find his mouth, capturing it with his own and delivering a soul-searing kiss. Straightening again he began to move. "Showtime," he growled.

Dean was thankful Sam had straightened up. He was coming to the conclusion that his body was not meant to be bent that way - or stretched for that matter. However any pain or remaining discomfort was lost as Sam drove into him. Over and over, that cock scraped the right place, and over and over Dean gasped, hissed and groaned out his pleasure. One hand had to push against the headboard to keep him from moving up the bed and bumping his head on the headboard. The other was pumping his own cock, giving it much needed relief and friction. As more curses flew from Dean's lips it was becoming clear that Sam was shattering him.

The sight of his brother losing it was always enough to set Sam's pulses racing and send him spiraling toward his own completion. He never tired of seeing Dean, neck arched and mouth twisted into a silent scream as he grew increasingly more desperate.

"Do you know what you look like?" he gasped. "Fuck, Dean, you're just gorgeous." Dean turned passion-blackened eyes on him, and Sam felt himself start to go, unable to resist the sudden stab of lust that pierced him. "Can't stop. Think I'm coming. Come on!" He snapped his hips, driving in hard and watching as Dean's hand flew along his cock.

Sam's eyes were just as dark. Just as blown from the passion that filled them. Sam always looked incredible during sex, always wore that fucked out look, and it drove Dean nuts. He looked heavenly when he was fucking. Dean had to keep himself from imagining he gave these same looks to other women, or indeed to anyone else other than him. If he thought about it, the jealousy that overcame him would rage in him.

Just those thoughts alone had Dean releasing with a cry. His climax was so hard, his cum flew up to spatter over his chest. Dean felt blinded, eyes closed tightly as if in pain - or pleasure. Aftershocks throbbed through his body, convulsing him as Sam slumped, and Dean felt his legs being released. Was it just Dean's imagination, or was their sex getting more and more intense?

Shaking, panting to get enough air into his laboring lungs, Sam lay on Dean's chest, trying desperately to recover. "That was... mind blowing," he mumbled, face against Dean's neck, lips pressed against slick, sweaty skin. "I ever tell you what you do to me, dude?" He gave a shudder as the residual tingles flickered along his nerve endings. "Because I really should. It's just about the best thing I've ever known in my life."

"Yeah, I know," Dean sounded conceited, and he couldn't help but chuckle. His laugh was swallowed byt a groan before he gently pushed his brother from him and allowed Sam to drop beside him in exhaustion. "Dude, we made a mess of the bed," he murmured, idly wondering as his mind drifted in post coital haze whether or not those bastard demons were listening outside, getting their jollies off.

"That's okay. We're leaving anyway," murmured Sam, turning until he could wrap himself around his brother and kiss his jaw. "By the time maid service comes to clean it, we'll be in the next state." He lifted his head in an attempt to see the clock on the nightstand beside Dean. "What time is it anyway?"

"Early," Dean mumbled. "We should take a shower." He started to push up, leaning over to kiss Sam before rising and pulling his brother with him. Together, the two of them headed for the shower. "And I have to pee," he smirked as he led the way, letting Sam start the shower while he relieved himself. Finished at last, he stepped under the warm water with Sam. "And no playing," he warned, "We need to get going."

"Spoilsport," grinned Sam, daring to slide his hand down over Dean's side until he could cup his brother's groin. "I have to make sure it's all nice and clean, you know. Can't risk it growing moldy and dropping off or anything." He began to apply the soap to Dean as he was speaking. "And don't tell me I'm playing. I'm performing a very important service here, I'll have you know!"

"You are playing," Dean informed his brother. "Even as a kid you played in the tub." He shook his head and grabbed the soap, trying to clean up the rest of the way and get his brother clean as well. Upon finishing up, Dean stepped out of the shower, leaving Sam to watch him disconsolately. Pretty soon he was nice and clean, shaved, with a towel tucked about his waist as he went in search of clean clothing. "Dude, do you have my underwear in your bag?" Dean yelled back to Sam as he searched.

"No." Sam was concentrating on shaving as he spoke. "It probably crawled off and died somewhere. Besides, you think I like to snuggle up to it at night and keep it close to me? No, man, I'd rather have the real thing." He rinsed his face and dried off his razor, strolling in to find Dean still clad in his towel. "So come on, dude. We have to get on the road. What's the problem?" He reached for his bag and fished out a clean pair of boxer briefs. "You gonna go commando today? Dude, you'd better not get your dick caught in your zipper. Guess we need to buy you some more undies, because I can't have your important places chafing. It wouldn't be fun." He finished packing away his stuff and straightened up.

"I guess so," Dean grabbed a clean pair of jeans to pull on. He was miffed that he couldn't find his pants, but they had to hit the road, and he couldn't waste any more time looking. At least the rest of his clothing was there. Dean pulled his t-shirt on, thrust his arms into the sleeves of his outer shirt and sat down on the bed to do his shoelaces up. By the time he was done, Sam had packed the bags and dumped them at the door, ready. "Okay, where to first?" Dean asked as he pulled open the door. "Besides breakfast."

"Let's go find something to eat. I don't know about you but I'm starving. Man cannot live by dick alone, unfortunately." Sam was already opening the trunk to dump their stuff inside as he spoke.

"I've been telling you that all along, but did you listen? No. Had to learn the hard way." Dean smirked at his own pun. Bad as it was, it still amused him. "We should stop at Wal-Mart."

The pair soon found themselves at a diner and Dean ordered 'pigs in a blanket' and a large cup of coffee. He looked at Sam, who was still studying the menu.

Settling on pancakes and bacon, Sam gave his order and reached for his own coffee to add his customary enormous helping of cream and sugar. "Yeah, we'll do Wal-Mart," he agreed. "And then I guess we head down towards Louisiana. I had another dream about Ashley, and I'm kinda worried. She didn't answer her phone when I called last night either."

"You had a dream about Ashley? Was she wearing a little red corset and some little black bows on her stockings?" Dean leaned forward for details but then frowned when Sam mentioned about her not answering her phone. "Maybe she didn't hear it ring, or perhaps she'd shut the ringer off. After all, it was the middle of the night. She was probably asleep."

"Yeah. Very likely. It was late when I called." Sam sipped his coffee. "Still, I want to check in on her. It's just..." He looked at Dean over the top of his cup, eyes wide in the forlorn puppy expression that worked on Dean so well. "I've got this feeling. Can't even tell you what it's all about, just that I don't like it."

"Hey, don't worry, we're heading down there, right?" Dean was fishing out his phone as he spoke, and he flipped it open, punched in the number, handing it over to Sam. "She's two hours ahead of us. Should be long awake, so talk to her." He was smirking as the phone rang.

The click as the receiver was lifted made Sam jump and then smile. "Hey, it's Sam," he murmured as he heard her voice. "How are you? Thought I should check in on you and make sure you're not getting up to mischief." He smiled. "And boy, do I have a lot to tell you."

"Sammy?" Ashley murmured. "Sammy, I haven't heard from you in a while. I missed you. Are you okay? Is Dean okay?"

"We're gonna head down to visit with you and tell you all about it, but I wanted to tell you that Dean is safe for the moment. We've still got work to do, but he's not going to die - unless I do."

Dean felt something strange flicker through him, some of it was love, but there was jealousy mixed in, epecially when Sam's voice got that soft, sing-song tone that he only gifted to him... and to her. Still, seeing Sam's eyes light up like that warmed Dean's heart, too and gave him hope that if he was to die, someone would be there for his brother.

"Unless you do?" Now Sam had the little blonde confused. "Sam, what did you guys go and do?"

"I bound him to me. He's safe for as long as I'm safe." Sam was smiling, and he looked up to see his brother gazing at him with an unreadable expression. "And I'm safe, because I've got my big brother to protect me, so it's all good." He chuckled and reached for Dean's hand, rubbing his cheek against it briefly before looking guiltily around the diner to make sure they hadn't been spotted. "I'll tell you all about it when we get there, okay?" he murmured. "I just wanted to check in and make sure you're all right and that you haven't gained like fifty pounds eating that gumbo at Bubba's."

"Oh no, not gaining any weight. I can't wait to see you, Sam. And Dean as well. See you both. You will come stay with me right? And we can all sit up all night and catch up, tell stories." Her voice broke a little. "Sam, I miss you. Please come soon. And Sam, whatever you did, I'm sure it was the right thing. I know it in my heart."

"That'd be really cool; I'm looking forward to it," murmured Sam. "I should tell you that Dean's with me now. He and I are... more than just brothers." His voice faltered as if he was unsure of how the news would be received. "I hope that you can see what I see in him. He's where he was always meant to be now."

"I knew when you were here that it would happen sooner or later, Sam. Who do you think told him?" Ashley gave a little laugh. "Just get your asses over here, soon. We'll have lots of fun. Hey, guess what, I bought something naughty just for you."

"You did?" Sam blushed, wondering what it might be. "That sounds interesting." He gave Dean a wink and murmured his goodbyes. When he finally handed Dean his phone back, he beamed at his brother. "She knew. She said she knew we would be together when we were there before. How come everyone but me seemed to have a clue?" he asked, aggrieved. "She says we have to go stay with her. You fancy a sandwich?" he asked his brother as he reached for his newly delivered breakfast.

Dean remembered the words she'd whispered in his ear, and he played it off with a shrug, "You were always a little slow on the uptake." He shoved his phone away. "Hey, I just ordered pigs in a blanket, why would I want ..." Dean then realized what Sam was saying. "Oh. You serious?"

"Yeah, I'm serious." Sam met his brother's eyes, sincerity shining from his own. "Why wouldn't I be? You and I are together now. We don't have any idea how long we've got before this demon war takes us out, but I know that life's way too short for me to miss a single moment with you, okay?"

"Um, what about Ashley? What would she say?" Dean asked and had to wonder when his brother had become so much like him. And then why was he asking if it would be okay with Ashley? When had he taken over Sam's role?

"She'll say yes, of course," nodded Sam, sure that he was right. "And you and me will make her sure that it was the right choice." He sighed and reached to filch a sausage off Dean's plate. "If you and I can have a threesome with a demon, we sure as hell can have one with an angel, and she is, you've got to admit that." He smirked. "Besides, it'll be incredibly hot to watch you guys."

Him and Ashley, incredibly hot. Dean couldn't help doubting that. Sam was the hot one, so long and lean and muscular that he could make almost anyone look small and helpless. Dean closed his eyes briefly, remembering how Sam looked when he was aroused, innocent, and yet dangerous at the same time. It made Dean shiver at the thought, the way he had the first time he'd seen Ashley and Sam together. "Well, we'll see and play it by ear." Dean snagged a slice of bacon off Sam's plate in retaliation for the sausage and then downed his coffee. The waitress passed them by and paused to give them both refills. It was then Dean got the feeling they were being watched. He turned his head to look out the window, but there was nobody out there except for a guy passing by as he walked his dog. Dean frowned and shook his head as he went back to his breakfast.

Outside, the dog looked back before going about its business, lifting its leg to pee on a guy standing at the corner. He was half scolded by his master as the other guy ranted and complained.

"Well, I guess it's time to get on the road," murmured Sam, finishing his coffee up and pushing away from the table. "The sooner we leave, the sooner we'll get there.

Back: Episode 12 –|– Next: Episode 14


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional