02: Voodoo that You Do Do

Photobucket

Fandom: Supernatural

Category/Rated: PG-18

Year/Length: 2007/~15,500 words

Pairing: Sam and Dean, Sam/OFC

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Warning: Wincest

Summary: On the way to Houston, Tx, the boys make a stop in New Orleans. Sam meets up with Ashley, the dream-walker, in person. She tells Sam she has been having these dreams about instructions on how to trap a demon and where he can find them. Sam and her also get close, have sex but she warns him when he does, she will loose her ability. However, another case awaits them there as well.

Series: Supernatural Virtual Slash Season 3

Beta: [info]ailurophile6 for which much thanks.

hr

The Impala roared down Interstate I10, leaving Florida behind. Dean was driving, of course, while Sam was next to him. They chatted for a while, and then Sam pulled out his phone and checked messages and mail before settling in to watch the land go by. As usual, he had to listen to Dean's music, so it was a good couple of hours before Dean started hearing soft snores beside him.

Dean glanced over at Sam, who was all stretched out, or at least as stretched out as he could be for a guy his height. Older cars like the Impala had more leg room than newer models, but the bench seat could be a little uncomfortable, because it had no headrests, so his brother had to slump in the seat to try and rest. Dean gave a grin, reaching out with a finger and lightly tickling Sam's nose. A hand came up and batted at it; Sam made a little sound and shifted, and Dean tried not to laugh. He waited a while before this time tickling Sam's ear and was rewarded with a swat and a snort as his brother shifted to the window. Dean gave a chuckle. He'd pick on him some more again later.

Sam was dreaming of hornets. There were hornets everywhere, and he had to fight them. He batted his hand at the itching thing trying to get inside his ear and rolled over, used to sleeping in the car despite his length.

It was Dean's snicker that woke him, and he sat up, muzzily trying to determine if any of his limbs had become jammed inextricably into places they shouldn't be. "Jesus, Dean, I was dreaming about insects. They were crawling all over my face, and they were the size of freakin' tennis balls, with stingers that dripped poison on my skin." He shuddered and reached under the seat for a bottle of water. "You ever had that sort of nightmare? I mean they were terrifying!"

Dean made a face and tried to look serious, "Dude, I think someone spiked your coffee. But then you were always a freak." He smacked Sam's leg with a smile. Dean reached for his own bottle of water and took a drink, grinning to himself. "We should be coming up into New Orleans. I thought we should take a little drive-by tour before heading toward Texas. See how much they've recovered from Katrina."

New Orleans...? Sam nodded, eagerly. What was it the girl in his dreams had said? Look for me in New Orleans. Well, here they were, and he fully intended to do just that. He wondered if he would dream of her again tonight, or if she'd deserted him now that they had left the beach behind them. She'd said she was going to help him get Dean out of his bargain, and he was desperate to know how she would do that.

"Yeah, let's stay here the night at least. I love New Orleans, dude. Used to be one of my favorite places." Sam cast a sideways glance at Dean, wondering if his words had jarred as being somehow wrong, hoping that his brother would accept them at face value.

Dean looked over at him with one eyebrow raised. "Dude, when did you go to New Orleans?" Shaking his head, he drove them to a motel so they could spend the night. "Let's go eat down on Bourbon street."

"Came for Mardi-Gras a couple of times while I was up at Stanford," murmured Sam. "An' I wanna eat jambalaya, so lead on..." He froze for a moment, grabbed Dean's arm. "Jesus! Dean, stop! Stop the car."

The girl was sauntering along the sidewalk, hair tousled and her face solemn as she walked. She was dressed simply in jeans and a little tank top, and Sam would have known her anywhere. He couldn't take his eyes off her. "Stop!" he said again.

Dean stopped as soon as he could, pulling over to the side and parking along the sidewalk. "What? Why did you want me to stop so quickly?" Dean questioned. "Saw a jambalaya place or was it a really cool nudie bar?" He climbed out, looking about them with a frown. It was then his eyes fell on the graceful figure walking down the street toward them. Her long blonde hair bounced with every step, and the sun glittered off her belly ring. "Mmm," groaned Dean at the sight of her. "Wouldn't mind serving her up in a hot steaming bowl... or hot tub."

"Jeez, Dean! Back off!" Sam was fumbling with his seat belt as he was speaking, and he turned to his brother. "Look, I'll explain in a minute or two, but first, I gotta... Just wait, okay?" As he was speaking he was out of the car and stepping in the girl's path, seeming larger than ever against her small frame.

"Ashley?" Even now, he wasn't quite sure, but he was going to give it a chance, because she had promised to help his brother, and because she was a mystery he really needed to unravel. "It is you, isn't it?"

Ashley slowed her steps, and her eyes met Sam's as stepped into her path. She looked up at him, mouth open in a little, round 'O' of surprise. "Sam," she breathed, then looked past him to see Dean walk around the car and lean against it, his arms folded. She smiled up at Sam, stretching out her arms for a hug, "I'm so glad you made it."

"Had to." Sam put his arms around her, feeling clumsy - as if he might break her if he wasn't gentle enough. "Can't resist a mystery, and you're one of those for sure." He bent to lay his cheek against her hair, wondering how he should introduce her to his brother without spooking him. "Funny. I'm just wondering how to break it to Dean that we never met before."

Ashley held onto Sam tightly, rising up on her tiptoes to meet his hug and actually hold him physically instead of in some dream state. She threaded her hand into his hair. It was soft and thick, and her body tingled with the connection, her nipples standing pert against him. "Tell him we met during the festival. He must not know the truth," she whispered against his ear.

Dean quirked an eyebrow at the connection between the two and cleared his throat with a cough into his hand.

"Dean?" Sam had taken her hand and now led her back to where his brother was leaning back against the hood of the Impala, watching them benignly, as if he were an aged parent hoping to see his child settled. "This is Ashley. We... met at Mardi-Gras - you know I was telling you about coming down as a student?" He grinned down at Ashley. "Back then, she was taken and so was I. Things change."

Dean looked between them, something didn't feel quite right, though it was obvious from their greeting that they knew each other. "Nice to meet you." He shook Ashley's hand, giving a charming smile. "So, I guess you didn't get any beads from him then," he murmured wickedly.

Ashley blushed. "Say, are you two hungry? I was just heading down to this awesome little place, serves up some great jambalaya, oh and alligator tail." She squeezed Sam's hand as she looked up at him.

"Alligator tail? Sure! Dean loves alligator tail, don't you?" Sam laughed, glad to get a diversion from the topic of how they'd met. "He's always keen to try new and exotic food, aren't you, dude?" He slipped his arm around the girl's slender waist and grinned at Dean's face. "We were gonna stop for a night on our way through to Houston. We want to go and visit NASA; Dean here has a hankering to fly in the vomit comet."

Ashley gave a giggle and wedged herself against Sam while reaching for Dean's arm. "C'mon, if you are gonna go to Houston, at least have some real Cajun food in you. Get some Oxtails in you, sausage that will burn your toes lata." She hooked her arm around each of theirs and started leading them off to the little place she'd mentioned.

Dean walked along, "So, you two met a while ago but were both taken, and we just happen to pass through now, and... here you are." Dean looked at Sam, one eyebrow raised.

"Looks that way, doesn't it?" murmured Sam. "Dude, I can't tell you how weird that was, driving down the street and seeing her like that. Made me think that there's some sort of higher power or something after all." He cast a sideways glance at his brother, lowered his lashes and smiled, trying to look unconcerned. "So about that alligator tail...?" he murmured.

Ashley pulled her arm from Dean, keeping hold of Sam as she grabbed for the door. "Here we are, and you can find out for yourself. Bubba is the best cook I know." She beamed, and a big black man behind the counter lifted his head and let out a shout.

"Well, little sista, bout time you came back; the boys have been cryin'." He smiled as looked at the two brothers. "And I see you are gonna make them cry some more."

"Bubba," Ashley leaned over the counter to hug him, her top riding up to reveal her back, and Dean couldn't help admiring her ass. "Can you get us three plates of your special?"

"Sure thing, little sista, you three go have a seat, I'll bring it out." He pointed to a corner booth.

Ashley took Sam's hand to pull him over then slid into the booth in front of him.

Dean moved in across from her, "Making the boys cry huh? I guess I would be crying too if I couldn't see you. It would be heart-breaking."

Grinning at his brother, Sam rolled his eyes. "She's pretty, isn't she?" he said. "Jess was so much taller than she was. I always felt like I could snap her in two, if I wasn't careful." He turned to Ashley. "So tell me what's in the special? Do I want to know? Promise me you aren't gonna slip me a gatorburger or something?"

"Spice for life," She smiled at Sam. "Andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp, crab, and on the side some gator tail meat. Will melt in your mouth how Bubba cooks it. And his homemade biscuits are to die for." She placed her hand over his. "And I won't break." She squeezed his fingers. "This is sort of like... a dream come true," she added in a softer tone, lifting her dark eyes up to his.

Dean looked between them, "You two wanna be alone?"

"I..." Sam was red in the face at the question. "We never... I mean, dude, shut up! We're just gonna eat dinner. " He shot Dean a look that said he'd really like his brother to back off. He shuddered as Ashley squeezed his fingers, remembering their dream, and the way she'd felt, wrapped around him like a cloak. "We're kind of on our holidays," he said to Ashley, feeling stupid as he did so. "We just drove up from Florida. Were... were you affected by Katrina at all? You lived in the Latin Quarter, didn't you?"

Dean gave a smirk, sprawling on his side of the booth but sat up as the food came, huge plates with bowls on them, spilling over with rice and good smelling food. "Wow, look at that," Dean leaned over his, took a deep breath and sighed. "Man, this is gonna be good."

Ashley let go of Sam's hand, taking her plate from Bubba to put it down in front of her.

"Oh, we all were effected by it, son," Bubba answered as he set Sam's plate down before him. "Took it a long time to rebuild; still ain't finished, might not ever be, but some of us... this be home. Little Sista here, she helped a lot. To bad her momma can't see her now."

"She died last year, cancer, but she saw New Orleans recovering," Ashley leaned in to take a bite. "I live in an apartment not far from here. We can walk there after we eat... if it doesn't rain." She gave a smile.

"What do you say, Dean?" Sam eyed his brother with a slight smile. Dean was digging into the meal that had been set before him. jaws working as he devoured his food. "You wanna find a motel, or go hang out with Ashley?" He reached for her hand again and squeezed it gently. "We've got some catching up to do, don't we?" Shooting her a glance full of meaning, Sam picked up his fork and speared a piece of meat. "So, are you gonna tell me which is the alligator?"

Dean lifted his head as if it was the first time he realized the two were there. "Huh?" He looked between the two, mouth full of food, rice on his lip. He could see Sam was hinting at time alone. They only had one day. "I'll um... look for a motel, I'll call you with the place." He went back to eating.

"You can come, Dean if you want," Ashley tried to assure him.

Dean just waved her off with another spoonful of food.

"No!" Sam felt suddenly cold, remembering his self appointed task. "It isn't that. I want you to come with us, Dean. Save on a motel room and maybe just... we can talk. It'll be fine." He tasted a crawfish and made a little moaning sound before beginning to eat. "God, this is good," he said. "I can't remember when I last ate something that wasn't a burger."

Ashley smiled, "Hey, c'mon, Dean, really. I have some homemade cookies, and I can make us some coffee for desert. And I don't think Sam is taking no for an answer."

"You don't mind?" Dean asked.

Ashley shook her head, "No, the couch folds out as does the loveseat. Between the two you guys should be comfortable enough."

Free room. Coffee and homemade cookies... that had Dean nodding and agreeing, "Okay. You think we can get some of this to go? Damn this is really good."

Shaking his head at his brother, Sam smiled. Dean was a pushover. Show him food, and he was right there.. It worked every time. He gazed at Ashley, wondering how she'd known exactly what to say to bring Dean around. "I think you're psychic," he said, softly. "How did you do that. He was all ready to give me a big argument about getting a room. He seems to think I'm gonna jump you as soon as he turns his head away. Sometimes I think that he takes as much interest in my sex life as he does in his own."

Ashley leaned in closer to whisper softly to Sam, "It's because he cares." She looked up to him under sultry long lashes, "And I was told the way to a man's heart was through his stomach." She smiled, "I didn't know, it was just... I don't know, memories? I did tell you, I dreamed of you for a long time."

"He's kinda shutting himself down," muttered Sam, his eyes on Dean as he ate his way through the plateful of food. "Like he's finding his inner child after all these years. He never even had a childhood really, but he's getting there now. In a way it's really sweet to see, but I want my big brother back. I love him, and I miss him, and I sure as hell don't want to see him die because of me."

"He's not shutting down, he's living," she touched him. "He wants to make the most of his life." She looked over to Dean, "You will save him, I know you will. I will help you. But till then, enjoy him while you can."

"Enjoy him!" Sam snickered. The thought of enjoying his crotchety, highly strung brother was one that made him suddenly breathless. Blushing at the ideas that suddenly flickered before his mind, he turned his face away quickly, hoping that she hadn't seen. Unfortunately, Dean had chosen that moment to look up from his meal, and he caught Sam's eye, which made him blush even more. "I... uh... yeah. Hot. The sausage is hot," he murmured, weakly.

Dean quirked an eyebrow at his brother. What had she said to him to make him blush that way. All he'd heard was the 'enjoy him' part, nothing more, but there was something in that look when he'd held Sam's eyes for a moment that tickled him inside. Dean gave a nod, "Right." He reached for his beer, took a drink, then let out a belch, "Oh, that was some good food," he announced as he lounged on his side of the booth.

Ashley gave a giggle and shook her head. She hoped Sam could save his brother. He seemed so worth saving, and he was handsome too.

Dean was always quick to eat, but his appetite right now beat everything. Sam chuckled. "Dude, did you even know which was the alligator? She won't tell me." He was eating methodically now, but he knew there was no way he could finish the mound of food he'd been given. "You want some of mine?" he asked. "I've got way too much." He felt unusually breathless as he looked at Dean, and for some unknown reason he felt himself becoming aroused. It's Ashley, he thought to himself. She was pressed against him, and he couldn't help remembering the dream he'd had at the beach house. Maybe he needed sex. It had certainly been a while, and really the one night with Madison had done nothing more than taken the edge off. Perhaps he should take Dean's advice for once and get himself well and truly laid.

Dean didn't hesitate, he was sitting up, fork in hand, stabbing at Sam's plate. He held up a chunk of meat, "That, dude, is the alligator," he announced, taking a bite as if he was starving.

Ashley pushed her plate away, unfinished and took a drink of her beer. "When you two are ready to go, we can head over." She watched as Dean shoveled a last forkful into his mouth.

There seemed little reason to stay. Sam gave Dean a sweet smile and rose to his feet, ready to pay. When he got to the cash register, Bubba was lounging against the counter, watching the other two as they gathered themselves, and as Dean grabbed the very last piece of sausage. "That little girl, she be precious, so you treat her right, eh?"

Blushing again, Sam nodded. "She's safe with us," he murmured, turning back to his brother and the gorgeous girl he'd found from his dreams. "Lead on," he said to her. "I can already see that Dean's getting caffeine withdrawal."

Together, the three of them sauntered along the street towards Ashley's apartment. The air was hot and incredibly humid, and after a few minutes, Sam peeled off a couple of layers, getting down to T-shirt and jeans, tying his hoodie and shirt around his waist by the arms. Ashley lived on the third floor of an older building with wrought iron balconies. As she unlocked the door to the apartment, Sam could smell the cookies she'd baked, and he winked at Dean.

Dean was sweating too by the time they reached her place, and the AC that hit him upon entering was wonderful. He pulled his jacket and outer shirt off, leaving himself dressed the same as Sam, tee shirt and worn, ripped jeans. "Aww, man, have to thank God for AC."

Ashley laughed a bit, "Yes, you do. I can't imagine how they used to live down here without it in the older days." She moved into the kitchen, starting to brew some fresh coffee in a French press. She returned with a tray of cookies. "I believed I promised these, but as much as you two ate, I can't..." she stopped as Dean grabbed a cookie, already taking a bite.

"Aww, man, dude, you have got to try these. They are like, melty heaven," Dean flopped down on the couch and reached to grab another.

"Where does he pack it all?" Ashley looked at Sam.

"I have no idea." Sam laughed at her astonished face and indicated Dean with his thumb. "I always wondered what he was for, but I've come to the conclusion that he's actually a primitive machine for creating shit from pretty much anything." He reached for a cookie and nibbled the edge. "Thank you," he breathed, and he wasn't meaning the cookie at all as he gazed into her eyes. "What can I do?"

Ashley looked up at Sam, holding his gaze, "Help me," she breathed in turn, the meaning veiled. "With the coffee." She turned and walked back into the kitchen, leaving Dean with the plate of cookies while she got three cups out, set them upon the counter and turned to face Sam. She felt her breath quicken as she reached out, pulled him to her and rose up on her tiptoes to reach his lips and kiss him. Her tongue pressed past his lips, caressing his as her body curved and bent into his.

As she pulled back, keeping her lips close to his, she sighed, "I've been wanting to do that since the moment I saw you." Blushing, she pulled back, turning to pour the coffee.

"Oh, you have, have you?" Sam's gleaming white smile turned predatory. "Well, now it's my turn.' He took the carafe from her hands and set it on the counter-top and then bent to kiss her back, taking full advantage of his height to lift her off the ground, tongue invading her mouth in its turn to explore and tease. "You have no idea how happy I am to finally meet you, Miss Ashley."

Ashley was surprised but pleasantly so. She wrapped her arms around him, her lips parting in welcoming of his tongue. He knew how to tease, he knew how to kiss, and it felt ten times better than in her dream. She gasped when they parted, and her chest heaved against his. "As I am you." Smiling, she caressed his cheek and then turned as they heard an ominous crash from the living room. "I think your brother is getting restless. We better get him his coffee."

Slipping reluctantly from his arms, she handed him a cup, then picked up the other two to carry them out into the living room. She stopped when she saw Dean, who was looking up innocently, one boot in his hand and the other one on the floor.

"Sorry, was just making myself comfortable," He gave an innocent smile.

Ashley looked back to Sam and smiled, "He is adorable. Like a puppy." She set Dean's coffee down before him and took a seat. "You two want to watch a movie?"

"No chick-flicks," Dean answered almost reflexively as he took a drink of coffee. "Well, unless you two absolutely have to. This is really awesome coffee."

"What kind of movie do you want then, dude?" asked Sam, grinning at his brother. "Ashley here thinks you're like a puppy. I've told her to rub your nose in it if you make any messes." He smirked as he folded his length down into the couch and set his own coffee down on the side table. "I was kinda hoping for 'Sleepless in Seattle,' but I guess that'd give you hives, wouldn't it?"

"Oh you're a riot." Dean made room on the couch for Ashley to sit down, putting himself in the other corner.

"I was thinking 'Steel Magnolias?'" Ashley offered up with a smile behind her coffee cup.

"Just shoot me now, please," Dean groaned.

"Oh relax," She pat Dean's leg, curling her legs up under her so she was leaning towards Sam, "I have 300 in the DVD player. I haven't seen it yet, so wanna watch it with me?" she asked, setting her cup down and reaching for the remote.

"300?" Dean leaned forward to look at Sam, giving a shrug.

"You'll like it; it's an action movie." Taking that as settled, she pushed play, then leaned over Sam to turn off the light, pausing a moment as she gazed at him, gave him a little smile then settled back down, placing a hand upon his leg.

Dean settled too, throwing a suspicious glance at the two. Maybe she was right for Sam. She sure as hell was cute enough, and Sam seemed to like her. And she wasn't some... well supernatural being that they would have to kill. She was just... normal. That made him feel better. When he was gone, Sammy wouldn't be alone. Dean looked away, acting like he was watching the TV although he was really staring just above it. Maybe Sam could finally have the life neither of them had ever really got to experience.

Sam, too, was distracted, spending his time darting covert glances at his brother, wishing that there was something he could offer him to ease his mind. He wanted to go and hug him, but knew how Dean would react to that, so he sat, silently willing him to know that he, Sam wouldn't allow him to go down to hell for him.

He studied Ashley, taking in the delicate profile and lush mouth. There was something missing. He couldn't stop thinking about Dean.

"I... I think I need to get a little air," he murmured at length, and went to stand on the balcony, hoping that his anxiety would settle enough that he wouldn't be thought a freak by both Dean and Ashley.

Ashley shifted as Sam got up and walked out, staring after him with a sad look. She wanted to go out to him, but instead she looked at Dean. He felt her eyes on him and turned his head. "What?"

Ashley glanced out to Sam and didn't say a word.

Dean looked out to where his brother slouched against the railing, then back to her. Sighing, he got up, padding over in his socks to step out with him. "Dude, am I cramping your style? Well what you call a style, or what? What you doing out here with the Jay Leno face?" He made a long face as if to show him what he meant. "Dude, there is a smokin' hot girl in there."

"I know." Sam frowned. "Dean, I'm not going to let you go. Cute girls don't count when it comes to you and me. Bros before hos, you know?" He laughed, but there was no humor in his voice. "I know you're scared, and worried, and tired, and I can't concentrate on anything except getting you out of that place. I love you, you dumbass. I can't let you give up everything for me."

Dean leaned against the rail, crossing his arms, which was a good thing, because he felt a tingle as a shiver traveled his spine to tickle his gut at those three simple words. For sure they'd been followed by 'dumbass,' but he'd take what he could get. He lifted his head to meet his brother's eyes. "Sam," his look was serious, "I'm not scared. I'm not worried. I did what I did because I had to. I had to for mom. I had to for Dad. I had to mostly for you. You know," he looked down at his feet then back up to Sam. "You are such a doofus. You are out here worrying about me, when you could have... that." He held his hand out toward Ashley. "Dude, stop worrying about me just for tonight, huh? Just give me a sign, and I'll go for a walk or something." He nudged Sam.

For a moment, Sam wanted to argue, but there seemed little point in it when he knew that Dean would shut down on him, and that if he persisted, he'd probably walk away. After a few moments, he nodded and leaned against Dean, taking comfort from the fact that his brother was warm, and alive and right here in all his ornery, close-mouthed determination to keep on taking care of him. "It'll be all right, dude, you'll see. One way or another we'll be together for the next god-knows-how-many years, so quit brooding and trust me, yeah?"

Dean pushed against Sam, "God! Save me!" He gave Sam a smile then patted his brother's stomach and went inside. He noticed Ashley had left the room and frowned, looking around, wondering where she'd gone, then he saw her in her bedroom, just a shadow on the glass pane in the door as she moved about. Shrugging, he walked over to the couch and sat back down, reaching for more of the cookies.

Strolling back into the living room, Sam closed the balcony door behind him and looked around. "Where's Ashley gone?" He filched a cookie from the plate that Dean was nursing and took a big bite. "She's got lots of talents," he murmured, heading over to the closed door behind which he could see the moving shadow that was the girl. "Hey there," he called out, tapping on the door. "You gone to bed?"

"No, not yet," she called out as she opened the door. She was holding a pillow and a blanket in her arms, and she held them out to show Sam as she was speaking. "Those are for Dean," she told him. The pillow was soft, as were the sheet and blanket. "I'm gonna need your help for the others; they're up on the top shelf." Her voice was low and soft, eyes sultry and inviting. She moved around Sam to give the bedding to Dean, "Here you go."

"Thanks," Dean smiled up at her. Damn, Sam was lucky. very very lucky.

Sam grinned, stepped behind her and slid his arms around her waist. "You wanted some help?" he murmured. "I believe I am the man."

Leaning back into him, she gave him a naughty smile. "Well you are the tall one," she said and slipped away from him, taking his hand to tow him into her room, indicating the closet and motioning up high, "There." She looked up Sam and chuckled. "I'll make you both breakfast in the morning. You'll love it." She smiled again as he lifted the blankets and the pillow down. "Sleep well," she murmured and winked at him, turning away.

Nodding ruefully, Sam took his bedding out to the living room to join his brother, silently helping to pull out the couch and transform it into a bed. He knew full well what his brother was going to say to him. Pulling off his boots and socks, he sat himself down on the edge of their bed for the night and began to take off his shirt. "I know what you're going to say, so just don't say it, okay?" He shot a challenging stare at Dean and then rose to climb out of his jeans, ending up clad in his undershirt and boxers. "She's not my girlfriend, and never has been, okay?"

Dean just smiled and laid back not saying a word.

hr

Ashley looked about; there was darkness all around her, but she knew she wasn't alone. She kept hearing whispers, feeling fingers of darkness brush her, touching her body everywhere. She stopped walking and peered into the gloom. "Hello?" she called out.

She felt something seize her, hands sharp, and she screamed as she turned. Red eyes looked back at her, "Asssshley," said the thing, grabbing hold of her and slamming her against a wall she couldn't see.

She cried out, as the air was forced out of her, and shrank in as she felt hot breath on her face.

"Such lovely power in you..." It was salivating, drool dripping on her as it ran its clawed hand over her.

"Don't touch me," she screamed as its hand pressed into her chest. "SAM!"

The scream rattled through Sam's dreams. He knew who was calling him, looked for her. At first, he couldn't find her. He was in a maze of some description, edged by trees that were much taller than he was. He called her name, loud and dead sounding in the strange, still air. "Ashley? Where are you? Keep shouting."

He stumbled, barefoot and confused, around and around, taking the twists and turns as they appeared. Her cries were getting louder and more frantic when he finally burst into what must have been the center of the maze.

"Let her go! Take your hands off her." The creature that was leaning over her turned to study Sam, peering with red eyes over its shoulder to sneer at him. "Well, well, well, it's little Sammy Winchester."

Furious, Sam hurled himself at the thing, bowling it backwards, away from Ashley. "Leave her alone, fuckstick!"

Claws scratched at Sam, "She is mine. You don't need her. Besides, don't you want your brother to be a part of your army?" It laughed as it knocked Sam away and then grabbed at her once more, pulling her up against its scaly hide. His clawed hand cradled her neck in an obscene mockery of affection, while the other wandered her body. "I can use her. We both can. Imagine the dreams we can enter and kill. Die in your dreams, die in bed."

There was nothing he could use - no silver, no salt, and he choked on bitter bile as he looked around for something he could wield against the thing that appeared to be trying to kill Ashley.

Time was he could have used his demon inspired mojo to blast the thing, but now the yellow-eyed sonofabitch had gone to wherever dead demons go, and it had taken his ability to move things with his mind along for the ride. Sam was frantic. Stooping, he peered under the thick hedge and found a branch that had broken off and now was dead.

Seizing it, he wielded it like a baseball bat, catching the thing on the side of its scaly head and sending it flying, leaving Ashley coughing and crying, sprawled on the ground.

Ashley crawled towards Sam, crying, "You... you control your dream," She whispered. "You need a weapon, think of one." She grabbed him and pulled him down just as a clawed hand swiped at him.

"SHE'S MINE!" the thing screamed.

Sam pictured his shotgun, loaded with rock salt and silver shot, and felt it under his fingers, solid and dangerous. "What do you know? It worked," he whispered, lifting it with practiced grace and firing it at the slavering thing before him. "Not unless you brush your teeth first, dude," he growled, thinking his weapon full once more, primed and ready for kicking supernatural butt. "Leave her alone."

The demon let out a cry as its arm disappeared, and when Sam fired again the rest of it vanished. Ashley and Sam were left alone, and the darkness around them faded, leaving them upon grass. She leaned against Sam, hugging him tightly. Tears streamed down from her eyes, and she trembled, "Thank you."

"What's wrong? Why is this happening to you?" Sam put one arm around her, still holding his shotgun in the other. "That thing... why was it trying to hurt you?" He felt antsy. There was an aura about her that flickered and spun, hurting his eyes, and he knew that it hadn't been there before. "Something... it's hurting you; I can see it. What the hell is it? What's it doing to you?"

Ashley shook her head, clinging to him, "I don't know. It's never happened before." She looked up at him, tear-stained cheeks and lashes spiked with moisture. Looking down at her chest, the mark where the thing's fingers had pressed into her were black, throbbing with sickly light. She pressed her face against Sam's chest. "It said it needed me. Like it wanted to use my abilities. It hurts, Sam," She touched her chest as she leaned against him. "I'm scared."

"Jesus." Sam pulled her close against him, trying to see what damage the creature had done to her. There were no apparent injuries, but her face was pale, and she seemed as though she were beginning to lose consciousness. "You have to wake up. We can't fight that thing without knowing what it is, and I need to do some research."

Ashley looked up to Sam and nodded, "I'll try." She pulled him down and kissed him and then everything faded. Sam from her arms. She from his.

hr

Ashley woke breathing hard and moaning as pain flooded her chest. She was tangled in her bedding an fought herself clear, looking up as Dean and Sam, both in their underwear, burst into her room.

"What's going on?" Dean asked, looking around suspiciously.

Ashley pushed herself up to her knees, letting the bedding fall from her, exposing her naked body as she reached for Sam. The marks on her chest, where the creature had touched her, showed deep, dark, glowing with sickly phosphorescence. She wrapped her arms around him and clung as if he were her only safety.

Dean stopped dead, had to give a long, considering scrutiny to the naked form molding against Sam's body. It was then that he noticed the markings on her. "What the...?" He moved in closer to get a better look.

"The thing in your dream... Jesus, Ashley, it affected you for real." Sam held her, big hands cradling her against him as he inspected the glittering scar across the otherwise perfection of milky flesh. She was trembling against him as he gentled her. "There was a dream," he murmured to Dean. "I don't know how it works, but Ashley was there, and there was a lizard-thing that was digging into her chest. I shot it with the shotgun, and it vanished, but it's somehow hurt her for real." He looked down at Ashley. "You have to stay awake," he ordered. "At least for now, 'til I find a way to protect you. I don't know what to do to stop it from coming back."

Dean pulled back, "Dude, I remember when I came down here on a case back when you were at Stanford, there was this Voodoo witch Dad sent me to. We should check with her, unless she got washed away by Katrina."

Ashley kept her head against Sam's chest, taking comfort in hearing his heartbeat and said nothing.

"I think we should all go." Dean looked at Ashley's wounds again and winced.

It was past midnight now. but the air was still vibrating with the sounds of the revelers outside as the three of them dressed again and made their way down to the street. The bar further along the block was jumping, and happy tourists spilled out onto the sidewalk, singing, dancing, drinking, and it seemed to Sam that New Orleans was somehow partying in desperation. If they knew what was happening to Ashley, they'd shut up and get down to it, thought Sam, his brow furrowed as he combed the lore stored away in his brain for some kind of protection. It wasn't as if she could stay awake forever, and that thing could return at any time to gouge out who knew what from her soul.

Dean seemed to know where he was going, and they followed along, Sam still with his arm around Ashley's shoulders, knowing that if real trouble hit it would give her would be no protection at all.

Dean wound them down narrow streets and alleys and into areas tourists would usually shun. At last he nodded and led them into a little store that had a neon light spelling the word voodoo out front. He tried the door and found it was unlocked, pushed it open and walked in. Sam and Ashley followed and immediately their senses were assaulted by air that was thick with incense.

Ashley was looking about herself, and she jumped as a thin black woman suddenly appeared at her elbow. She looked at the newcomer, wide eyed. The woman grinned a gap-toothed smile and beckoned. "Child, those dreams are gonna kill you!" She turned to Sam, "And you too." She turned slowly to inspect Dean and smacked him on the side of his head. "And you," she added, shaking her head. "I'm Mosely, but you can call me Mammie. Now you children get your butts back here."

Dean rubbed the side of his head and shrugged at Sam. "Well you heard her."

Half in shock, Sam pushed Ashley forward, followed her down the passageway and through the curtain that hung over the end. He found himself in a small, smoky room. There were several sagging armchairs and a table with a bottle and two glasses on it. The air smelled of some herb, and Sam's eyes began to water in the thick atmosphere.

"Something's hurting Ashley. Can you help her? We need something that'll protect her when she sleeps. Show her, Ash." Sam gestured to the center of Ashley's chest, where the silver-grey markings were still visible.

"Well, aren't you the blunt one. Desperation will one day hurt you." said Mosely. She poured liquid from the bottle into the glasses and pushed them across to Sam and Ashley. "Drink this first." Sam sniffed it suspiciously, but when he tasted it, it turned out to be tea. Reaching for an egg from the small pile of them that were on a dresser to one side of the table, she ran it over Ashley. She then took a second and did the same for Sam and then finally Dean. Setting the eggs into three separate bowls and poured tea over them as the three of them watched, perplexed. Cracking Ashley's egg revealed a bit of red as the yoke poured out. Sam's was next, and his had a hint of black as well as the red at its center. She frowned as she looked at Dean's, leaving it alone as she lifted her head. "Let me speak to these two alone," she said to Dean. "Go amuse yourself in the shop and don't break or steal anything."

"No way I'm... Ow!" Dean grabbed his shin as she aimed a crafty kick at it.

"Do as you're told, boy," She grabbed what looked like a chicken leg from her pocket and shook it at him. "Go on! Git!"

Dean rolled his eyes and got up, pausing a moment, just to be annoying, then turned on his heel and left. Mammie looked back at the two who remained.

"What you are fighting is a demon, but you knew that, didn't you, little sista? It's a dream demon, and it came for her. Her power is strong, and she has been pure and untainted since she was born." The woman was fiddling with a little bag, filling it as she spoke. "You will need to kill this demon."

"A dream demon?" Sam's eyes were wide. "Oh, man, I've had enough of demons to last me a lifetime. What the hell do you have to do to kill a dream demon?" He put his arm round Ashley. "And why is a dream demon targeting her? She hasn't harmed anyone. Like you said, she's an innocent." He frowned. "Show me how to kill this thing, and I'll kill it for her."

"Her energy is strong and pure. Through her it will have the ability to enter almost anyone's dreams. Sadly," She looked sorrowfully at Ashley, "It will also mean her life in the end. Dreamwalkers are special people, and she more so than most, but if you want to save her," She returned her piercing gaze to Sam, "You only have two ways to help keep her from this; kill her, or break her power, but you'd better do it soon if that's what you want. Even now it feeds from her. Soon it will be able to control her in the waking hours." She reached for Sam's face and squeezed his cheeks as she looked up at him with intense eyes. "You will take this root and these herbs, make a tea and sprinkle it around the bed. It is part of the ritual. And you must mean it when you perform." She gave Sam a long, fierce stare.

"When I perform?" Sam looked stunned. "What do you mean, when I perform. I'm not going to kill her. How could you even think I would do such a thing?" Memories of Madison rose up, and he felt his stomach turn. It had been his task once to kill a girl he could have loved, but there was no way that he could do it again. "So if I can't kill her - and I can't - then how do I break her power, and will it hurt her?"

The woman gave a laugh, "I didn't say for you to kill her. If I meant for you to do so, I would have told you, foolish child." She shook her head and gave Sam a cunning smirk. "She is a virgin. Untainted. Pure and clean. And what do daddies fear about their little girls when they are with little boys like you?" She pressed the handful of dried herbs into Sam's hands. "Take these." She closed his fingers over them, then turned back to the table. "As for your brother..." She cracked open Dean's egg, spilling forth a spoiled and blackened yoke. "You better be strong enough for the both of you."

Sam stared at the root and the packet of herbs and raised them to his nose, sniffing them. "What are they? Who drinks the tea? Me or Ashley?" He looked very uncertain as he considered the implications. "If I..." He paused, trying to word things. "If Ashley and I do this, then she won't be able to dreamwalk any more. Is that going to protect her from the... the demon?" He reached for Ashley's hand and squeezed it. "And how can I help Dean? I can't let him die. It isn't his fault. None of this is his fault."

"You will find your way," She spoke to him. "And yes, you two both drink; it will keep the demon from getting her and save her life. He is killing her even now as we speak. Now go," she start shooing them away.

Ashley got up, holding onto Sam for support. She walked out ahead of him, grabbing Dean's shirt to get his attention before going out the front door.

Dean watched her out of the door, and then turned to wait for Sam, "What did she say? She doesn't look well."

"Jesus, Dean, you aren't gonna believe this." Sam shook his head. "You just aren't gonna believe it." He frowned, his silence grim as he walked alongside his brother. Images of Dean's egg were in his mind, and he wanted to grab Dean and scream at the world that had fucked his brother over so badly. "There's a demon killing her. You'd think by now I'd expect it."

"Can you save her?" Dean asked. "What do we need to do? What did she say?" The questions spilled out of Dean, and he didn't want to see the same look on Sam's face as he'd worn when he'd had to kill Madison. Dean couldn't take it. He didn't think Sam could either. "Well?"

"Dude..." Sam was blushing beet red now, and he averted his face as he spoke. "She's a virgin," he murmured. "She has to have sex. If she has sex she won't have any special powers any more, and she'll be off the hook. God damn it, Dean! Why do these things hang around us?"

Dean pulled back then looked at Sam. "Dude," he spread his arms, "What is the problem. Score! Lucky dog." He dropped his arms when he saw his brother wasn't showing the same enthusiasm as him. "Look, is it so bad to have sex with her? To save her life? At least you aren't... well you know." He started walking again. "And I think those bastards like to torture me or pick on me. Just wait till I get down there with dad. Gonna be hell for them. I'm so gonna complain and..." He went quiet when Sam gave him that look. "Well I am."

Sam stopped walking and grabbed Dean's arm, swinging him around to face him. "Listen, dude, no way are you going anywhere without me. If you go down below, I'm coming with you, and we'll kick ass and take names." He paused for a minute, his face intent. "No way will that demon bitch win. You're staying here; I'll find a way." He paused. "But I don't have the experience to do what Ashley needs and not hurt her. I've never... Dude, she's a virgin."

hr

"You've had sex before. What's the problem? Same thing. No big deal." Dean looked back. "Just, get her in something sweet and sexy, flash your puppy dog eyes at her and... do the nasty," Dean hit his brother's arm, a big smile playing on his face.

"I guess I need to talk to her about it," murmured Sam. "I don't know. It's something she has to decide for herself. She might not want me." He shivered. "It's scary. The lady said that if nothing is done the demon will take her over and be able to get into peoples' dreams, so we have to do something. Dude, I don't want to have to kill her."

"Then nail her," Dean looked at him. "Dude, this is the easiest job and the most... well, pleasurable. And clearly she is into you. I can't... well I could, but I'm not the one she wants. Now stop worrying; go talk to her and.. give her those puppy dog eyes of yours. Tell her.. she must be a ticket, 'cause she has fine written all over her." Dean grabbed Sam and pushed him after Ashley. "Go save a sexy girl's life."

Biting his lip, Sam nodded and went to catch up with the little blonde. "Hey," he said, softly. "You must be feeling pretty damned strange after that. Tell me what's on your mind."

Ashley had been walking on her own. The boys were just behind her, but she'd kept walking, feeling agitated and insecure. She looked up as she was overshadowed by Sam's taller figure. She licked her lips and gave a nervous little chuckle. "I'm scared. I don't want to die." She stopped short, swallowed and looked away. "But I understand if you don't... I'm sure there's another way." Increasing her pace to pull away from Sam, she murmured, "Maybe death is my only option."

"Hey, wait a minute." Sam caught hold of her hand and turned her towards him. "You mean you don't mind...? You want me to...?" Sam swallowed. "I don't want you to die, girl." He smiled a strained little smile and held out his arms. "She said you wouldn't be able to dreamwalk any more. I had some abilities once that left me when the demon that gave them to me was killed. I don't miss them."

"Sam, after our last dream together, well before the one where I was attacked, do you think you can still ask me that? I've never... had a dream like that." She reached up and touched his arm, and her eyes were filled with longing. "I would give up dreamwalking if I... could know you'll come back."

"I can't promise you that I'll come back though, that's the problem," said Sam, his face falling. "I have to stay with Dean 'til I get him clear of this demon, and if he dies, I go too." He hunched his shoulders, misery in his eyes. "That sounds so melodramatic, doesn't it? All I can promise is that I will come back if I can. I don't know if that's enough."

"Even if it ends up being a... a dream." She bit her lip and nodded, reaching up to touch his cheek. "I KNOW how much you love your brother. I would never take him from you, Sam. At least... promise that you'll call me or see me before you do... if you do. Sam, I care for you. I just want you to be happy. I would give up my life to help you save your brother."

"You can't do that," murmured Sam, stricken at her words. "Enough people have died for the Winchester family." Sam bent to kiss her forehead. "I promise that I won't do anything drastic without telling you. Is that okay? It's all I've got to give you."

"Then that's what I'll have to accept, and it's enough," she whispered, shrugging. "I wanna go dancing." She looked up at him, forcing a smile onto her lovely face. "C'mon." She took his hand. "Maybe you'll get lucky, and I'll find someone else drunk enough that you won't have to..." She gave another shrug.

Dean stood watching the two from a distance. Maybe if he were to die, Sam wouldn't be having second thoughts on this matter. Sam wouldn't have the weight of worrying about his big brother. Do the right thing and save a life. God, he needed a drink. Just by being alive he was fucking up his brother's life. But at least that would soon be over. "Damn, you, Dad!" Dean muttered and started walking again.

"Hey, wait a minute," said Sam. "If it's gonna happen, it's gonna be me that does it." He squeezed her hand. "It's not that I don't want to, you know that. It's just that I don't have much experience. Don't want to hurt you. You're going to lose so much, and I want you to enjoy it, so I'm a little nervous." He gave a short laugh. "Call it performance anxiety, if you like. You must think I'm a moron. Most guys would be jumping on you right now. Guess that proves that I am a moron, doesn't it?"

Ashley wrapped her arms around Sam's waist, "You are not a moron, just thoughtful. You have more pressing matters on your mind than just me." She looked up to him. "Let's go back to my apartment then. We'll just see what happens, okay?"

"But you said you wanted to go dancing, and I like to give all the virgins I deflower an opportunity to make every other guy in the place jealous, before I pounce on them." Sam turned back to Dean. "Hey, dude, the lady wants to go dancing. Let's go!" He slipped an arm around her waist and swept her into a twirl and dip, then set her back on her feet again. "You up for a dance or two?"

Ashley let out a squeal and held onto Sam, but her movements were pure grace. She slid down his body, her little feet finally touching the ground as she laughed. "Okay, we'll go dancing."

Dean just shrugged, "I'll hang out at the bar and provide the drinks."

"Okay!" A smile crept over Sam's face at last, and he slipped his arm around her waist. "So do you need to go put on fancy clothes, or do we go as we are?" He studied her and pursed his lips. "You look pretty good to me, but if you want me to wear a suit and tie, I guess I could manage one just for the evening." Dean snickered, and Sam turned to look at him. "Dude, I'm being nice to the lady. It's her night, and her call."

"It's called sucking up." Dean slapped Sam on the back.

"I want to change," Ashley decided. Back at her apartment, Sam and Dean changed while she was in her bedroom, prettifying herself. She soon emerged, dressed in red, her dress sexy and revealing. The heels she wore gave her height. She smiled as she studied the brothers, both wearing suits and ties and looking delicious. "Well you two clean up right pretty." She giggled then took their arms. "We can walk, it's not far."

Ashley led the way into the club, a fine man upon each arm, and almost as soon as she entered she and Sam hit the dance floor to move to the music. Dean lurked at the bar, getting drinks and watching over the two. Damn but the way she was moving all the men were gonna be jealous of Sam, that was for sure. Even he was. Damn she was hot!

Sam was not by any stretch of the imagination a dancer. His preferred behavior at dances was to prop up the bar and bury his nose in his laptop. He'd decided reluctantly that he shouldn't do that for this particular evening, but he couldn't help the wistful looks he kept tossing at his brother, who was safely away from the dance floor, laughing at him. Ashley looked utterly enchanting, and dancing with her was probably not going to be a real penance, but he was still nervous.

"You're gonna have to watch out for my feet," he murmured, smiling down at her with his best lost puppy face. "They tend not to want to do what I tell them, and I'd hate to injure you."

Ashley moved up against Sam, giggling. "It's okay, you can just watch - up close." She moved around him, running her hands over him as they danced. She twirled around, then settled in front of him, her back to him as she rubbed her little ass against his groin, her hands upon his thighs, rubbing and kneading.

Dean merely toasted Sam with his drink when his brother glanced at him for help. Gathering their drinks, he moved to a table close by and leaned on the tall table, watching them, though it was hard to tell who he was really admiring.

As the evening progressed, Sam began, very slowly, to lose his inhibitions. It wasn't long before his jacket was off, his tie had been loosened, and he was moving along with Ashley. He'd had a couple of beers, turned down the purple nurple that Dean had offered him, and was starting to enjoy the sheer normality of the activity. As the music finished he took Ashley's hand and led her back to the table where Dean was still lounging, smirking. "How're we doing? You tired yet?" he asked, taking a seat beside his brother and pulling her onto his lap.

Dean nodded, grinning. "You two are wearing me out." His tie was already loose, and his jacket had been discarded, hung over the back of his seat along with Sam's. He smiled and pushed two shots toward them. "These are yours."

Ashley wiggled upon Sam's lap, her long hair gathered and pulled to one side. She looked at the shot, one eyebrow raised. "I think your brother is trying to get us drunk. You think he wants to take advantage of us?" She gave a giggle and took the glass, tipped it back and made a face. "That tastes like Koolaid." She giggled.

Two more shots materialized as if by magic. This time they were in long, slender glasses, each containing a brown liquid topped with whipped cream, with a cherry on the top. Dean was grinning from ear to ear as he pushed them forward.

"What is that?" asked Ashley.

"Special drink for you both. And you can't drink it with your hands; it's lips only. That is why they call it a... blow job." Dean's smile got wider at the looks on their faces.

"I can always rely on you to be real classy, can't I?" Sam was trying to stop himself from laughing at his brother. "You realize that if I drink this I'm likely to be too relaxed to give the lady the attention she deserves." He squeezed her waist and gestured to Ashley. "Come on, babe, let's see how you manage a blow job."

Ashley looked at the glass and reached to pick it up.

"Nope, no hands, little girl," Dean warned.

Blushing as she wriggled on Sam's lap, she leaned forward and parted her lips to wrap them around the glass. Lowering down, she slid her lips over the glass, then lifted it and tipped it back, drinking it as her tongue took the cherry to the side. She set it down, covering her lips with her finger tips as she chewed on the cherry. She looked at Sam, her eyes glassy. "That was good," she giggled. "Now you."

"You asked for it," said Sam, leaning down to lick a little of the cream from the corner of her mouth. "You got it." He sat up straight and shot Dean a glare that promised revenge sometime very soon indeed. Then he darted forward to take the glass between his lips and sat up straight again, tilting his head back so that the liquid began to enter his mouth. He took his time, drinking slowly, and then set down the glass. Turning to Ashley, he popped the cherry back between his lips and offered it to her.

Dean swallowed hard as he watched Sam take that glass. He licked his lips and downed some beer to hide the longing that was trying to creep across his own face. Uncomfortable, he shifted in his seat, trying to find a position that would ease his arousal.

Ashley smiled, leaning in to curl her tongue around the cherry as she kissed Sam.

Dean cleared his throat, "Maybe I need to go find a blow job of my own." He rose to his feet and headed for the restroom.

Laughing, Sam watched him go, but behind his smile there was, as always, a vague feeling of jealousy that Dean would yet again be out looking for a one night stand. He had a pretty girl to go home with, and yet he felt a pang for his brother, and a pang that he was really unsure about. Shrugging, he turned back to Ashley, smiling down at her and running a finger down over her neck to her collar bone. "Tell me when you want to go home," he said softly.

Ashley leaned in, nuzzling Sam's ear before raising her lips to it. "How about when your brother gets back?" She nipped his earlobe and then pulled 'til it came away from her teeth again. She ran a hand over his chest, caressing and working down between them.

"You realize that he might not be back tonight? He's gone looking for... uh... relief. I think that he was getting hot and bothered at the thought of you and I." Sam nuzzled into her hair, looking for her neck and nipping along it. "He's usually the one that gets the girl, not me."

"Then let's go," She whispered, already feeling her body start to heat from Sam's lips upon her skin. She climbed off his lap and took his hand, waiting for him to fetch his jacket before guiding him out.

Dean watched from near the bathrooms, sighing softly as he downed his drink. He looked around, trying to find someone, anyone, to work his magic on, but, somehow, his heart just wasn't in it. Instead it was twisting at the images that kept flickering through his mind. God, he was gonna have to sleep in the car. No way he was gonna make it through the night with those two... knowing Sam was... Dean groaned, downed his drink and turned to leave.

hr

They'd walked slowly back to Ashley's place, holding hands, with Dean slouching moodily alongside. They didn't hurry, because there was no need. Sam was mildly buzzed and just relaxed enough not to be overthinking the coming night, and for once he was talking, telling her about how he'd gotten locked into the bathroom in a greasy spoon on the way from Florida to New Orleans. "And Dean had to come find me and let me out. The door was metal, and I couldn't break it down, can you believe that?"

Ashley was smiling as she listened to him, and she nodded, "You were lucky Dean came to find you."

"Luck had nothing to do with it. I had to pee, and he was taking way too long," mumbled Dean. "He would have been up shit creek if I'd just gone at the back of the building like I had been planning." It was a lie of sorts. Dean had been worried about Sam and gone looking for him, and now the way he'd felt came back to choke him. He'd been momentarily frantic, heart pounding, sweating, the works. He was sure that he'd probably stunk of fear too.

"Shit creek is exactly where I was," laughed Sam. "What a dive that was." He squeezed Ashley's waist, one big hand spanning it as they walked. "Do I need to carry you over the threshold or something? I feel like there should be some sort of ceremony attached to this. It's a big deal."

Ashley giggled then moved around behind Sam and jumped upon his back, wrapping her legs around him, "How about this way?"

Laughing, Sam put his arms back to hold her securely and began to trot! "That works," he said. "I knew that there would be something."

Arriving at the door to Ashley's apartment, Sam paused. "Better give your keys to Dean so he can open the door for you," he said.

Ashley was busy nuzzling Sam's neck, but she stopped and reached into her tiny purse to find her keys and hand them over to Dean. She dangled them at him until he took them and opened the door. "There, enjoy yourselves, catch you crazy kids later." Waving to them, Dean moved back from the door.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Ashley asked, worried.

"Yeah. He'll be good. Guess he really doesn't want to listen to us doing our thing." Sam was still wondering if he'd be inviting harm to come to Ashley by sleeping with her. Sure, the yellow-eyed demon was dead, and he'd had no further visions. Hopefully, he was no longer a jinx, although the very thought that he still could be scared him. Ashley was very pretty, and it had been a very long time...

He didn't know what to say to her. In the end, he said nothing, just pulled her to him and kissed her gently, cradling her face in his hands and stroking her cheekbones with his thumbs. He was aroused, but he knew that he should be tender, was afraid that she would break with the sheer strength and size of him.

"God, I'm so clumsy," he whispered, gathering her up in his arms and carrying her over to lay her down on her bed. "Are you sure you want me to do this?"

Ashley wrapped her arms around Sam's neck, returning his tender kiss and feeling his arousal pressed to her belly. She wished she were taller, and thought it was better after he'd lifted her up so she was face to face with him. Sighing, she clung to him as they lay down. "You aren't clumsy, Sam," she murmured, curling a leg around his. "I want this. You're the only one I've even dreamed of doing this with. And Sam... I won't break." She surged up and kissed him, deep and hard, letting him feel the heat in her as she finally allowed herself to let go, even if Sam's brother was right next door.

She pushed him back and scrambled to her knees. Reaching to take the tiny buttons of her red dress and push them through the little holes so she could slip it off, she revealed a sheer lace bra. "I want you," she breathed again, reaching for him, grabbing his shirt to take it off him.

Sam's hands were trembling as he reached behind her to unfasten her bra and toss it over the edge of the bed. Still kneeling, he pulled her forward so that she was straddling him and bent to suck on each small, pointed breast, eyes drifting closed as he tasted her creamy skin. She was so small, it made him feel clumsy, and he held back, still afraid that he might hurt her unwittingly. He wanted to bite, to mark her as his, and he sucked a purple bruise onto her neck as his hands ran the length of her body.

He needed to be inside her; he reached down between her legs, teasing, stroking, spreading her wetness and hoping that it would be enough to make her feel good.

Her nipples were revealed, pert and tight. Ashley moved where he put her, lifting a leg as he prompted her and placing it over his to straddle him. A gasp left her as hot, moist lips covered her nipples, making her head drop back and sending her hair tumbling down to brush over her back and his legs. Her hands gripped his broad shoulders, holding tight as she bit her bottom lip.

Lifting her head back up, she ran her hands over him, exploring every part of him; she watched his reactions as she kissed his chest, his shoulders, his neck, and arms. She leaned into him as his fingers worked under her panties. She was already wet, so Sam's fingers slipped over her. Parting her lips, a little sigh of pleasure left her to brush his ear. She shivered, rocking as she kissed down his neck, her fingers under his chin to lift his head back so she could work around his neck.

"Oh God, you taste better than a dream," she moaned, grabbing his hand, pulling it away from her vagina and up to her lips. Licking his fingers slowly, she shifted to kneel before him. She dropped to her knees, taking hold of his belt and undid his pants, pulling them off to lay him bare. He was erect, and she gasped at the size of him. Either way, virgin or no, it was going to be a tight fit. She pushed Sam's legs apart, settling her body between them as she leaned in, tipping her head back to kiss him again. "I want to taste you."

Her words brought a spurt of pre-come to trickle down over his cock, and he closed his eyes as he tried to get his breathing under control. "You do?" He sounded stunned. "I... yeah, you can, but then I get to taste you too."

Scrambling around so that he could lie down, he pulled her on top of him, feeling the press of her body as she squirmed against his erection and groaning at the resulting sensations . He bit his lip in his efforts to stay silent and spread his legs apart to give her access to him. "You want to try me out first, or can I do what I want to do to you?"

"I'm yours to do with as you please," Ashley answered as she laid over him, running a hand over him, exploring his inner thighs and then venturing to cup his sac. Her dreams with him hadn't prepared her for the sweetness of his taste, or the little sounds he made. Reality was so much better. She curled her little fingers around him and started stroking him. "You are..." She couldn't find the words, so she lowered her head, flipping her hair over her shoulder, and started licking him, her tongue tickling as it painted over his length.

She tasted every part of him, even the pre-cum that had leaked from him, before she wrapped her plump lips over his crown and sucked him. She gave a shiver and squirmed as the tingle of excitement shot through him. She did it again, sucking him tentatively as her hand moved over him, squeezing his length.

Sam was lost in sensation. He felt like a horny fourteen year old, because all he could do was tremble and try not to lose it too quickly. "I'm gonna come," he whispered, trying to push her away. "It's been too long, and..." He stopped talking as every muscle clenched down and he felt himself start to fly apart. "Sorry..."

Ashley was just starting to move when Sam let loose, and felt the spray strike her breast and throat. She closed her eyes, still holding him as she felt him pulse in her hand. She basked in the sensation 'til he started to soften, and she leaned down, lapped at him and then slid up over his body. "It's okay," She whispered, keeping her voice soft as she leaned down and kissed him again.

"No it isn't," Sam complained. "I feel like I'm back in Junior High. Damn it, I should've lasted longer than that." He drew a deep breath, trying to regain control over himself, and then smiled up at her. "But don't think you're gonna get away so easily," he said, his voice deep and husky in his throat. He rolled them over so that she was lying back against the pillows and gazed down at her, something dark in his eyes as he studied her. "I'll need a few minutes to recover, so I'd better find something to do to occupy my time."

Chuckling, he began to kiss his way down her body.

Ashley let out a little squeal as she rolled, then laughed, wrapping her arms around him. Her blonde hair tumbled and spread out over the pillows as her body arched up against his. She gazed up into his eyes and allowed a deep moan to escape as his lips burned a trail over her body. She scratched at his back with her nails before reaching up over her head to grab at the headboard, her body sliding under his. "Sam," she moaned as she bent her leg, rubbing her foot up and down his calf.

"That's my name," he whispered, voice harsh as he licked down over her flat belly to find the crisp curls at her groin. He rubbed his cheek against them, then licked at the inside of her thigh, teasing as he circled her core without actually touching. "Gonna make you scream it," he added.

Moving in, he licked along the crease between thigh and torso and then buried his face between her legs, licking into the wet folds, finding her clit to tease it with his tongue.

Ashley was panting hard, her legs bending and heels digging into the mattress as she raised her hips. Sam's mouth was doing wonders to her, and her body twisted and shuddered under his skillful tongue. She tossed her head from side to side, trying to keep the words she was babbling out in mindless pleasure from getting too loud. It didn't seem to matter, no matter what she tried to do to keep from screaming out loud, Sam was winning, doing everything in his power to drive her crazy, as if he wanted the neighbors to know all about it.

Her body trembled under him, writhed and ground, Sam's tongue working its magic, and he lapped at her, making her feel warm and heavy and tingling with sweet heat. Her belly tightened, her muscles clenched. Suddenly she was screaming with pleasure as her first release slammed into her.

Sam's soft laugh was a truly male thing; it carried pride, ownership of his ability to do this to her and intent to do it again, just because he could. "There," he mumbled against her soft, moist flesh. "That's a start. Now that we've taken the edge off, it's time to get serious." He prepared to start all over again, getting her aroused enough that he could press himself inside her without causing her too much pain.

Ashley let out a whimper, her body now limp as a wet noodle for Sam to play with. She was finding breath harder and harder to draw in as her chest heaved, and she gave another small cry as Sam went back to his task, working her up all over again.

All Sam could think about was her. He bit his lip as he moved over her, licked his palm and reached to roll a condom onto his cock and then center it. "Gonna hurt, I think," he whispered, pushing slowly into her. "Sorry, Ashley. Didn't want to hurt you."

Ashley held trust and love in her eyes as she gazed at Sam. She didn't lower her arms, keeping a tight hold to the headboard behind her. She knew it would hurt, and she knew Sam didn't want it to. She thought about him, how he would feel if he did hurt her. The bottom line was that if he didn't do this, she'd eventually die, but not before the dream demon had used her to cause untold pain and grief to others. She didn't want to die; she wanted to live, and Sam wouldn't hurt her. "I know," she whispered to him.

He could feel the obstruction and pressed harder, pushing past it. One hand slid between them to stroke her clit, hoping to counter the pain with pleasure, and he felt himself slide inside until he was buried deep. Lifting his head, he studied her, trying to determine how much it hurt and to reassure her. "How are you doing?" he asked, body tight as he tried to keep his hips from thrusting into her. "Okay?"

As his crown stretched her, Ashley closed her eyes, feeling her legs wanting to close, but at the same time to part even wider. It felt good for a moment, and then suddenly her eyes shot open, and she cried out, pain quick and searing. For a second she thought it would kill her, and then she knew it wouldn't. She threw her arms around him as a flood of sensation washed through her. She held onto him tightly, trembling. He was so deep inside her, he filled her up. She gave a nod. "Okay," she got out, her voice shaky as she caught his lips with her own.

The kiss was what he needed, what he'd been waiting for. He began to move, slow and steady as he drew out each stroke, sliding in to fill her and then pulling out almost to the very tip of his cock. His tongue invaded her mouth, claiming her as his, seeking out every surface with slick, wet promise. She was tight and hot and very sweet. Sam wanted to speed up, needed to, but he kept himself going at the same, slow, thoughtful pace, waiting for some indication from her that he should move faster. There were prickles of lust along the insides of his thighs, fizzing pleasure curling around the base of his spine and tingling in to tighten his balls, and still he continued, relentlessly piercing her center and withdrawing again, owning her with the circle of his arms.

Ashley's nails dug into Sam's skin, scratching as she rode out the pleasure Sam was giving her. At times her head would drive back into the pillow, and she let out a cry, exposing her neck for Sam to bite and tease. There was no way to keep quiet now, no way Dean couldn't be hearing this, and it didn't matter. She moved one leg and pushed, rolling them over so she was atop him. Her hair flowed around them both, and she planted her hands on his chest, pushed back and braced herself so she could start riding him hard and fast.

"God, yes, Sam," she groaned, tossing her hair to one side so she could lean down to kiss him.

Watching her, Sam felt himself lose control at last. He let himself plough into her, body straining to get deeper, harder, more. She looked stunning, lips kiss-swollen and eyes huge in her pale face, and he knew that he wouldn't last very much longer. He wondered if it hurt her, wondered if he was making her feel good. He wondered too if Dean wouldn't have been better able to initiate her into the art of lovemaking. He'd certainly had a lot more practice. He wondered, and then he stopped, because all he could do was come, spurting into her as his body tightened, making him cry out.

And as he was finally done, lying relaxed and limp with his arms full of pretty, sated girl, he reflected that Dean would have heard that. He was going to be teased for the rest of his life; he just knew it.

Ashley's release was more than devastating as she spilled over him, trembling and shaking from the force of it. Sam didn't need to worry about not being good enough; he was more than perfect in her eyes, even as she fell forward against him, breathing heavily against his chest. "Thank you," she whispered, feeling her body start to ache.

Cradling Ashley in his arms, Sam felt sleep slowly take him. He felt better than he had since he'd died. His stomach was full, he was still tingling with the aftershocks of his climax, and best of all, he had a way forward in his quest to save Dean. When at last he dropped to sleep, it was deep and dreamless.

hr

Morning came and Ashley woke in Sam's arms. She felt the sun on her back, and the warmth of Sam's all too perfect body pressed to her other side. She had rested her head on his chest, and now she looked up, seeing his lips so close as he slept on. She caressed his chest, kissed him softly and slowly got out of bed. She was sore but it was a good sore, especially knowing she hadn't dreamwalked, and that she was going to live. It felt like a new beginning for her.

She went into the bathroom and washed up, pulling a robe on and padding out into the living room. She froze when she saw the bed that had been folded out of the couch, nobody in it. Turning, she ran back into the bedroom. "Sam!" She shook him. "Dean, he's not here. He never came back." Her voice was filled with worry.

Sam woke to Ashley's worried countenance. "I didn't think he would be. Hang on." He rose from the bed, scratching and yawning, and crossed to the small pile of clothing that contained his pants. Fumbling in his pocket for his cellphone, he pulled it out and speed-dialed his brother. The sound of Dean's early morning mumble filled his ears, and he smiled and winked at Ashley. "Hey, Dean, coffee's ready, bitch!" he said, and hung up, closing his phone and setting it down.

"Damn. We'd better make good on that, or I'm dead meat," he murmured, grinning at her.

Ashley looked relieved that Sam had reached his brother so easily and nodded, "I was just gonna start it." She made for the small kitchen and started making good on her promise. "Should we make breakfast as well?" she called to Sam, who was in the bedroom dressing. "I hope he didn't stay away because of... well..." She blushed.

"Makes a change for it to be him," mumbled Sam. "When we were younger, he used to bring girls back to the room, and either I would have to go wait outside or put up with him and his chick of the moment doing their thing." He yawned and stretched, cracking his spine with a luxurious wriggle. "How are you doing? No nasty side effects from last night, I hope? Did that solve your problem? I'm gonna kind of miss you walking into my dreams."

Ashley nodded, getting three cups out. "I'm doing fine." She walked over, cupped his cheeks and kissed him. "I think it did. I didn't dreamwalk for the first time. And," she gave him a sad look, "I'm gonna miss you too. But this doesn't have to be the end. You could always come back." The front door opened as she finished speaking, and she grinned at him. "I think he's back."

Dean shuffled his way to the kitchen, grabbing a cup and pouring it, then leaned against the counter to sip it.

"Morning, Dean." Ashley gave him a smile. Dean merely grunted as he took another sip.

"You want food, dude?" asked Sam. "One time offer, so get it while it's hot!" He surveyed Dean, his eyebrows raised. Dean looked really awful, and it was obvious that he hadn't managed to get too much sleep. "We were just discussing what to make for breakfast. Care to put a bid in for what you want to eat?"

Coffee at his lips, Dean just looked at Sam over the rim. "Whatever you make is fine."

Ashley frowned then reached over to grab her own coffee. "How about French toast and bacon?" Pulling out a pan, she went to find the bread as Dean sat down at the little kitchen table.

He huddled there, hunched over his cup, not looking at either of them. He should have gone prowling. He should have gotten laid, even if he'd had to pay for it. Since when was Sam seeing more action than him? God, he was jealous, too, but that couldn't be said. Good thing the woman made such excellent coffee. "So you kids have any wild plans for today?" he asked. Maybe being away from Sam for the day and finding a woman to get jiggy with would improve his mood.

The tone of Dean's voice made Sam shoot a sharp look at him. "I don't think so. We were going to go to Houston, weren't we?" He reached behind him to squeeze Ashley's hand as he spoke, hoping she would understand his desperate need to keep traveling. "And after that, we should go to the Alamo. I'm told that it's worth a visit for all kinds of reasons." As he spoke, his free hand drifted down to cover the pocket of his jeans where he'd put the paper that Ashley had given him. "Why, dude, did you have something else to do?"

Ashley gave Sam a nod and returned the squeeze of his hand. She went back to cooking. They had to get to the Alamo, but she hoped beyond hope that they'd come back one day. Sam had given her back her life, and it was only right that he should see her live it.

"Just figured you would want to stay a couple of days," Dean muttered, taking another drink. Sam wasn't like Dean, loving them and then leaving them to move on. Sam, when he gave himself, did so completely, so Sam's words were uncomfortable for Dean to hear. Something was wrong. He knew it, because he felt that knot in his stomach return.

"It's okay, Dean. We're not gonna build a nest and settle down here, whatever might happen later. You and I are on a road trip, and Ashley has some stuff to do too. We can always come back later." He turned to Ashley. "Tell him, baby. I don't want him to spend the next three hundred miles trying to find out what the catch is, when there really isn't one."

He poured himself more coffee, added an obscene amount of cream and sugar and sipped, ending up with a cream moustache. "So lighten up. Tomorrow you can trip in the vomit comet, for sure."

Dean looked up, "Whatever you say, dude."

Ashley brought a plate over and set it down by Dean. "Dean," she said, sitting down beside him. Leaning over, she whispered some words in his ear.

Dean turned his head toward her, then looked at Sam. "Okay, dude, whenever you're ready to leave," he murmured and started eating.

Sam turned to her and raised his eyebrows, looking quizzical, but Ashley merely smiled at him mischievously and put some food out for him. He was about to nag her, but she shot him a look that said, 'back off,' and he nodded, merely accepting his breakfast with a few words of thanks.

Finished eating, Dean helped clean up and then went out onto the balcony. It would be time to leave soon, and he thought he should give Sam and Ashley a little time together. He looked over at her as she stood beside Sam, watching as the sad scene played out.

Ashley looked up at him, "Promise me you will come back."

"I wish I didn't have to leave," he murmured. "You know why I need to, don't you? I don't want you to think that I was just... just..." He stopped speaking, unsure of how to say what he needed to say. "I promise I'll come back when all this is done and I have time. Just..." He paused, then grinned at her. "What did you say to Dean anyway? He was all set to brood his way into the Guinness Book of World Records."

Ashley wrapped her arms around him. "Dean will tell you. For now, give me a kiss to seal that promise. I'll miss you, very much," she whispered and pulled him down for a kiss that was deep and loving. Pulling back slowly, she leaned against him, hearing his heart beat beneath her cheek. "Take care of Dean and yourself as well. And know, you gave someone life."

"That kinda makes me happy and sad at the same time," mumbled Sam, pulling her in for a long, gentle kiss. "I wanted to help you, and it was probably the easiest thing I ever did in my life, but I wish that it would be that easy for me to give Dean his life back too." He nuzzled into her neck. "I promise that we'll meet again. Til then, please enjoy your life and don't hate me if you someday decide that you wish you had your powers back, okay?"

Ashley held him tightly, "I already wish I do, so I can keep track of you and help you, but just knowing you will come back will keep me warm in here," She placed her hand over her heart then over his, too. "Just know that I'm with you wherever you go, and I'm only a phone call away. Call me any time, please." She gave him a squeeze then kissed him one last time before letting him go. Motioning Dean back into the room, she moved around Sam to give him a hug. "Take care of him as I know you always will."

Dean hugged her back, feeling a pang of guilt at her words, knowing he was destined to die soon enough. "I will," he lied. "Let's go, Sammy."

Turning away, Dean released her and headed for the door.

Back in the car again, Sam turned to Dean. "NASA, here we come," he murmured, tapping out a happy rhythm on the dash. He shot Dean a surreptitious glance and pursed his lips. "You doing okay?" he asked, waving back at Ashley as the car pulled out into the stream of traffic and away. "She gave me a bunch of cookies for you, for when you needed encouragement."

"Hell of a deal," growled Dean. "Now navigate me out of this place, bitch!"

"You got it, jerk." Reaching for the map book, Sam prepared to go find the things he'd need to save his brother's life.

Back: Episode 01 –|– Next: Episode 03


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional