Waterbed Series

Fandom: The X-Files

Category/Rated: NC-17 for explicit M/M sex. Not to be read by anyone who would be shocked by two sexy men getting it on.

Year/Length: ~10,600 words

Pairing: Mulder/Krycek

Spoilers: Terma and Dreamland.

Disclaimer: These characters only sneak out to visit with me, and by rights I ought to send them back, but I'm weak, so weak.

Author's Notes: Rowanne wanted a birthday present just at the same time as I was challenged by Paula to write Mulder's meeting with Alex immediately after Deamland finished. This is the result.

Beta: Paula and Frankie Thank you ladies for time and inspiration.

hr

Tidal Wave

The door to number 42 was the door to home. He was glad to see it, without quite knowing why that might be. He put his key into the lock and turned it, thinking how happy he would be to get under a shower and wash off some of the grime of the past day. It therefore came as a complete shock to him when he entered his apartment to find it... changed. The furniture was polished to a high shine - dammit, he could smell the beeswax! The door to his bedroom stood open, and that in itself was enough to set his alarm bells ringing. Through the open door he could see... a bed! For heaven's sake! He hadn't laid eyes on that bed for about 8 years. He had forgotten that it was there. He certainly hadn't had animal print bedcovers on it.

Fox Mulder backed slowly out of the apartment and checked the number on the door. It still read 42! Wasn't that the legendary answer to life, the universe and everything? He shook his head, went back inside, and closed the door.

There were candles on the table, burnt down to the nub. Place settings were laid out. Someone had been having a party. He stumbled into the bedroom. Where were all his boxes of stuff? Where were his copies of "Club International"? Where were the files he had put in here for safekeeping? Opening the closet, he found his clothes hung in tidy array. This was beginning to get scary. He crossed to the bed, and spotted the champagne bucket, with a nearly full bottle in it. The ice had turned to water, and the wine was flat. There were two glasses and it looked as if the party had become a seduction. It was totally beyond him. Sitting on the bed, he looked up.

"Jesus! Where the fuck did that come from?" He saw himself reflected in the mirror suspended overhead. What to do? It seemed somewhat silly to call the cops and make a complaint that someone had broken in and cleaned his apartment. He looked around. They hadn't only cleaned it from the look of things, they had added a whole bunch of refinements.

"Hey! A lava lamp! Cool!" No, it would be better to wait and see what happened than to have the powers that be haul him away in a straitjacket. He was known for being eccentric, but even he could imagine what kind of reaction this story might produce.

The phone rang. He picked it up and carried it through to the bedroom.

"Mulder." He threw himself down on the bed as he spoke, fascinated by the sight of himself displayed in the mirror overhead.

"Mulder, it's me. You know we have that meeting first thing Monday morning with Kersh. Do you want to pick me up and we'll go over our story on the way in?" Mulder was abstracted, watching himself in the mirror. He mentally pictured a companion, long legs, tight buns, deep chest and strong arm.... He shook himself.

"Sorry Scully. I was just thinking. You know, something really weird has happened here while we were away. Sure, I'll pick you up. We can grab breakfast on the way and decide what we're going to tell him."

"Mulder, what do you mean, weird? Do you want me to come over?" Scully sounded just a little worried. Mulder smiled and stretched.

"No, that's OK! It's not important weird, just a little strange is all. It will keep 'til later. I'm going to take a shower now and catch up on my paperwork. I'll see you at 6:30 Monday morning Scully." Disconnecting, without any further pleasantries, Mulder wriggled a little on the waterbed and bounced up and down, testing out the feel of it.

"I don't know. I still prefer the couch, but this does have its points." He stretched luxuriously and arching backwards, he pulled his T-shirt over his head, tossing it onto the floor in the corner. Studying his reflection, he took in the flat stomach, the well-muscled chest with its slight dusting of crisp hair, fanning out and softening to silky down as it approached his navel. He began to unbutton his jeans, watching as he did so. His eyes fixed on the mirror, he did not hear the slight snick as the door to his apartment was softly opened and then closed once more. He didn't hear the quiet footsteps as someone moved with catlike feet to the door of his bedroom. What he did hear, the first indication that he was not alone, was the quiet expletive that his visitor let loose as he spotted Mulder writhing on his bed.

"Bojemoi!" At the sound of the husky voice Mulder sat up sharply, his jeans at knee height, his body gleaming with sweat and his erect penis bobbing. Looking around he made out the dark shape of a man lurking in the shadow of the door.

"What? Oh for fuck's sake Krycek, anyone would think this was a public highway or something. Don't you have anything better to do than go around leaping out at people, invading their privacy?" Mulder, painfully aware of his nudity, was at a huge disadvantage, spread-eagled on a rippling bed, his pants at half mast, and the evidence of his incredibly aroused state on display before a man who, to put it mildly, made him feel insecure.

The last time he had seen this man, he had placed a kiss on his cheek and tossed him his gun prior to waltzing out of his life once more, apparently certain that Mulder would not shoot him. This time Mulder had left his gun on the coffee table in the living room, and Krycek was between him and the security of his weapon. He cast around madly for anything that would help him re-establish a balance in his current predicament. Meanwhile, Krycek, who had been lounging negligently against the doorframe was smugly aware of the thoughts that must be racing through Mulder's mind. He clicked his tongue and gestured with his head, pointing a finger at Mulder to indicate that the other man was right.

"Well you know, sometimes I like to come this way. It certainly avoids the traffic jams. You don't seem to have too much in the way of crowds in here." He sauntered into the room as he spoke. "Hey Mulder! I never realised you used your bed!"

Mulder watched Krycek nervously as he approached. The man prowled like a wild animal. His erection had subsided and was now curled, cringing within the curls of his pubic hair. Mulder wished there were somewhere that he could curl up too, and remain unnoticed. Krycek stopped as he reached the corner of the bed, and began to take inventory of the room. His eyes came to rest on the mirrored ceiling and he grinned a particularly nasty grin.

"You know what Mulder? You're repressed. Sexually repressed!" He gestured broadly at the splendour surrounding him.

"I'm what?" Mulder was having a little trouble concentrating. Krycek was within a foot of him, discovering all his secrets, secrets he didn't know he had. If for instance he opened a closet door and a bunch of inflatable ladies fell out onto the floor he was never going to be able to hold his head up again. He could smell Krycek, and his warm, male scent was distracting. His cock twitched again and Mulder tried to think clean thoughts.

It was not in his nature.

"Repressed. I'll spell it for you: P E R V E R..." Mulder had taken enough. He attempted to push himself up and swing a punch at his tormentor, but hobbled by the jeans that were still fast around his knees, all he succeeded in doing was stumbling and them overbalancing and falling at Krycek's feet, tush in the air. Krycek, who had avoided the haymaker with ease and nonchalance, flashed him another unpleasant grin. "For me? You shouldn't have, Mulder!"

Mulder yelped as Krycek bent to smack his butt, and tried to roll over so he could dislodge the jeans that were impeding his movement so badly. At this point he had decided that dignity was no longer worth preserving and he would cut his losses and try to see if he could just bring about an end to the situation.

Krycek put out one booted foot, and stepped the small of Mulder's back, stopping his immediate attempts at recovery, and making him look a little like a frog with a duck after it.

"Krycek!" Mulder roared. "It was you! You're the one who's responsible for all this! Why can't you stay out of my life?" Krycek, listening to Mulder was a little confused. He wasn't sure what it was he was being accused of, but he did know that it had upset Mulder. This being the case, he felt sure he could capitalise on the misunderstanding and if he could get a rise out of Mulder, so much the better. He took his foot off Mulder's back, and poked the prone agent with the toe of his boot, encouraging him to roll over.

"What makes you think it was me?" Krycek's grin grew wider, and more feral. He had his hand resting negligently against his gun, and though he appeared relaxed, Mulder knew from experience that he was poised to strike in the same reflexive way that a cobra would. He remained still, not wanting to invite any physical repercussions.

"I go out on a case, and when I come back someone has tarted up my apartment to look like the set from the "Happy Hooker". I'm home for approximately a half-hour and you show up. It doesn't take a genius, Krycek! My only problem with all this is that I don't understand why? Why do you keep on coming back to bug me?" Mulder's voice was petulant and he began gathering himself together to sit up. Krycek stepped backwards, still grinning, and allowed him to pick himself up from the floor. Mulder clambered to his feet, and once standing, he attempted to pull up his jeans. The smile left Krycek's face for the first time and suddenly his gun was in his hand, pointing at Mulder's groin.

"Wrong way Agent Mulder. They go down, not up. Come on, snap to it!" He gestured with the gun, and took another step backwards away from Mulder, as the other man raised horror stricken eyes to his face.

"What do you mean?" Mulder was panicky. A man who had spent the past four years on and off causing him pain and woe was forcing him to strip.

"I'd have thought it was pretty obvious what I mean, Mulder! Take them off. Take everything off. I want to see you naked." Krycek gestured once more with his gun, and Mulder, blushing beet red, stooped to remove the remaining vestiges of his clothing. Once naked, he stood in front of Krycek, uncertain as to where this was going. Krycek pursed his lips and studied Mulder from head to toe, his eyes sparkling with malice. After a minute, he gestured for Mulder to turn around, and as he did so, Krycek slowly walked around the bed, drawing closer than Mulder felt comfortable with. He felt Krycek's breath on the nape of his neck as he stood, trembling, and then a cold sensation as Krycek softly drew his gun down Mulder's back, from the nape to the crack of his ass. His cock, which had been worrying about things, suddenly stood to attention. It didn't matter how insecure Mulder was feeling, the dick was triumphant and raring to go. Krycek laughed softly.

"Lay down Mulder. Take the load off! Pretend I'm not here. You were doing fine before you knew I was here, carry on!" He tucked his gun back into its holster, and grabbed a chair from the corner of the room, hooking it towards him with one foot before reversing it and sitting facing him, his legs splayed and his arm resting along the chair back.

Mulder was looking more and more like a bunny caught in headlights. He stood against the waterbed, his hands wavering as he attempted to conceal his glorious erection from an extremely appreciative Krycek. Krycek's face had softened, and he was drinking in Mulder's vulnerability as he sat. He was certainly worth looking at. His long legs were strong, the thighs muscular and the calves shapely from years of running. His ass was tight and there was no spare flesh on his hips or waist. His waist flared upwards into the strong chest he had admired earlier, his musculature was not bulky, but he was lean, obviously strong, and his shoulders were powerful, slabs of muscle rippling his back and bulging out over his shoulders. He had a strong throat and a sensual, full lipped mouth. Eloquent hazel eyes reflected every thought that crossed his mind and the long, strong nose also betrayed sensuality. He had thick, chestnut hair that flopped over his forehead. Krycek took it all in and smiled again.

"Very nice, Mulder. Very nice indeed! Continue!" He pointed to the bed, and Mulder rather shakily sat down.

"What do you want me to do?" His voice was quiet, and he seemed somehow scared.

"I want you to go on the way you were before I interrupted you. I want to watch you play with yourself. Come on Mulder, put that mirror to good use!" Mulder's eyes had opened wide at this speech, and his cock seemed to stand up even taller. It was as if he had received an electric shock.

"I... I can't." Mulder gasped. He gazed imploringly at Krycek, who slowly stood up and began to slide out of his jacket.

His leather jacket dropped to the ground, revealing the gun holster he wore beneath it. He began fiddling with the buckle, but when Mulder raised himself onto one elbow, he raised his gun and his voice was suddenly icy cold.

"Put your hand on your cock." Mulder hesitated. Krycek grabbed the gun once more and very ostentatiously removed the safety catch. "Do it, now!" Mulder tentatively put his hand down and took hold of his penis. It was twitching and as he squeezed it, a droplet oozed from the tiny slit on top of the head. Mulder caught it up with his thumb and rubbed it around the head, closing his eyes as he did. He slowly began to work himself, his teeth biting his lower lip, his hand pumping up and down and his hips jerking and thrusting as he established a rhythm. Krycek, who had by this time removed his holster, was now stretching to pull off the white T-shirt he wore. Tossing it behind him, he casually unbuttoned his jeans, and put one foot on the chair to unlace his boots. Mulder by this time had forgotten about Krycek, and was beginning to really get into his activity, pulling hard on his dick and groaning as he did so. Krycek watched him for a moment more, and then, naked himself now, he crawled onto the bed alongside Mulder.

Mulder felt his arrival next to him on the bed and yelped. Looking up at the mirror on the ceiling, he could see the clean lines of Krycek's body. Stronger and stockier than Mulder, Krycek was beautifully made. His flaw, if he had one was the fact that his left forearm was missing, and the stump was left with hideous scarring where it had been severed. Mulder had known intellectually that Krycek had lost his arm in Russia, but this was the first time he had been allowed to see the true ravages that had occurred. The breath caught in his throat as he looked at Alex. He was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Huge green eyes looked back at him from within their fringe of thick dark lashes. His finely moulded lips were curved in his habitually malicious smile and his small, frivolous nose quivered just a little as he watched Mulder.

"Krycek, what the hell are you doing?" Mulder had released his cock and turned to his nemesis, who was lying beside him. "It was you that put all this stuff in my apartment wasn't it? Whatever did you do it for?"

"I decided that I felt lucky tonight Mulder. I'm tired of just lusting after you like some kind of idiot. Tonight, one way or another I'm going to have you screaming my name." His face still maintained that irritating smile and Mulder was torn between smashing the smile off his face, and grabbing his ears and kissing him. Krycek must have noticed his change in facial expression, because his pupils dilated, his breath turned ragged, and he pounced on Mulder, bearing him back into the waterbed and causing a tidal wave that set them both rocking and causing them to cling so they wouldn't smack into each other. Alex was laughing wildly and Mulder felt his lips start to twitch as he hung grimly onto the other man.

"Krycek, you're completely demented! I don't understand what you've got in mind here, but I wish to goodness you'd just go away and leave me to live out my life of quiet desperation." Mulder was only partly joking as he looked at the man who was lying partly on top of him. Krycek, who seemed to be listening to him, smiled, this time a much more gentle smile, and brought his mouth down onto Mulder's in a kiss that sent electric shocks from his mouth straight down to his cock. Krycek had covered him by this time, and had a leg pushed in between Mulder's thighs as he writhed and seethed against his prick.

Mulder was drowning in sensation. He was being kissed mercilessly by Krycek, whose sweet mouth was moist over his, tongue seeking out every last sensation as it pressed and licked and stroked. He wanted to hold onto that kiss forever. He could feel the roughness of Alex's chin, the hardness of his body pressed against him, silken skin sliding along his chest, and above all, his cock, silky smooth skin covering iron hardness, pressing against him, slippery head covered in the dew that leaked from the slit.

He didn't think any more, he mindlessly burrowed into the sensations he was experiencing. Krycek was nibbling around his lips, licking and pulling on his ears and sucking his neck hard enough that Mulder knew he would have hickeys strung like a necklace around his throat by morning. For a brief moment he wondered what the hell he was doing here with his arch-enemy who even now was putting his hand down between them to grasp his prick, making him gulp air in great sobbing breaths as he found himself virtually paralysed with need.

Alex was still kissing him, his warm mouth tender and juicy, lips wandering across flesh that tingled in its wake as if he were submerged in bubbles. He gave himself wholeheartedly to the kisses, throwing his arms around Krycek, kissing him back. When the other man dropped his head and began to move down his body, suckling his nipples, licking and biting at his inner arms, he put his hand on Krycek's head, stroking his hair, gently fondling his ear, his neck, and his lips.

Krycek was working his way down across Mulder's belly. Mulder gazed down at the intent expression of the other man. He was feeling very strange indeed. He had never contemplated sexual relations with another man, and yet right at this moment it seemed as though it was the most perfect action he could contemplate.

Krycek finally reached his groin and was now kissing around his genitals, tickling and teasing as he peeped up at Mulder through long lashes. Mulder felt a lump in his throat as he watched him. It was only going to be a second if Krycek did what he thought he was going to do. He gasped as he felt those lips close around the head of his penis. Then as Krycek swirled his tongue around the top, before plunging his mouth down and engulfing him in warm delicious wet heat, he felt his orgasm begin bubbling up and tried to pull Krycek up off him. Krycek was unmovable. Mulder cried out in panic.

"Alex, please, no, I can't stand it any more, I'm coming!" Alex made a pleased sound in his throat, and renewed the sucking pressure he had been applying. Mulder gave a groan and grabbed Krycek's head with both hands, thrusting into his mouth sharply, once, twice, three times. With his muscles in spasm, and his back bowed, he felt the whole of his being pour out through the end of his cock as the storm of intense pleasure sent him spinning out of control.

"Oh God! What was that? I think you're trying to kill me!" Krycek, who was lapping now at Mulder's slowly deflating penis, crawled back up the bed and kissed Mulder once more, giving his lover a taste of himself, fresh from his own loins. Pulling back for a moment. Krycek smiled an endearing, little-boy smile the like of which Mulder had never seen before..

"See, I told you I felt lucky! You called me Alex. That means I can call you Fox!" Alex was still running his hand over Mulder's body as he spoke. Mulder, drained, was trying to process what had just happened, but without much success.

"I hate to be called Fox." Was all he could think of to say in reply.

"If you think I'm going to address you as Mulder when I've got your dick in my mouth, you have to be kidding. Fox it is, unless you want me to call you snuggly-pooh?" Mulder's face said it all. "OK Fox!"

Mulder was now thinking a little more clearly. "Alex, You didn't..." He gestured to Alex's still hard prick.

"No, I didn't, but it's OK. I wanted you. I don't need to.. ." His little self deprecating speech was cut off as Mulder turned the tables on him, rolling him onto his back and kissing him soundly.

"Alex, I don't...I mean I never...Oh, hell!"

Alex smiled. "It's OK Fox, just hold me, here, give me your hand.... I know you can do this. I watched you a few minutes ago." Alex held Fox's hand under his, and prompted him to pump the straining flesh as the other man kissed along his jaw line.

"Is this all? I want you to feel good, really good." Alex grinned lazily at him, then gasped as Mulder squeezed him.

"Well, you can do what I did to you, or you can let me fuck you. It's maybe a little too soon for that. I don't think you've had a whole lot of experience yet have you?" Mulder reflected that this was no more than the truth. He kissed Krycek once more, then making up his mind, he took hold of Alex's face and gazed into his green eyes, noting the hectic flush on his cheeks.

"How do we do it? Do you want me to turn over?" Alex's eyes opened wide, the green lost as his pupils dilated with desire.

"Stay there Fox." He wriggled to the edge of the bed and retrieved a tube of lube from his jacket. Squeezing the gel onto his hand, he began to caress Mulder, stroking him between his legs, reaching down to feel his balls in their now slack pouch, then reaching around to make little circular movements around his asshole. He pressed harder with each circle, dipping his finger into the warm tunnel he could feel. Mulder felt very strange. At first it was painful, though not terribly so, but as Alex continued to dart his fingers deeper and deeper, Mulder became aware that it didn't hurt at all, in fact, fuck! What was that? He found that he was stiff and erect once again as Alex found a spot deep inside him that seemed to resonate throughout his entire body.

"Oh God Alex, whatever it is that you're doing there, please don't stop." Alex had in fact withdrawn his fingers, and Mulder whimpered, pushing back with his hips in an effort to recapture that magical massage.

Alex had kneeled up and was slicking his own erection with the lube. "OK, Fox, just put your knees up, and relax, it will feel great in just a minute more." Mulder moved quickly to do what Alex was indicating and whimpered again as he felt Alex rubbing his cock against his ass. Gradually the head slipped inside him, and he found that he could relax a little. He groaned as Alex finally pushed his penis all the way into him, and then again when he began to move, encouraging those wonderful sensations to blitzkrieg his ass, and from there to spread like a summer fire throughout his body. Alex was losing it fast. His breath came in short staccato bursts, and his eyes were glazed as he began to pump mindlessly into Mulder. Mulder couldn't believe how beautiful he was. He felt his heart flutter, and as Alex cried out some strange foreign words, he felt his balls contract as his sperm bubbled up to spurt over his chest. Alex was locked in a bone cracking orgasm, his dick pumping into Mulder as he came, and came and came.

Finally he collapsed bonelessly onto Fox's chest, and they both slept for a few minutes.

Mulder was the first to open his eyes, and he looked tenderly down at the man sleeping on his chest, gently tracing an ear with his finger.

"Alex, why did you do it? All this stuff to my place here?" Alex opened one eye dreamily.

"I didn't. I really didn't!"

"Yeah! Right!"

hr

Midnight Angel

Co-Author: PaulaMP

Summary: Fox'n Alex wake up together after Alex's seduction of Fox in "Tidal Wave"

hr

Alex Krycek was totally blissed out. He sprawled out on the floor of Fox Mulder's apartment, lying on his belly with his feet in the air, reading the newspaper and eating a chocolate chip cookie while he waited for Mulder to return with breakfast for them both. He wore a pair of Mulder's sweat pants and a white T-shirt, and his hair, still damp from the shower, glistened in the sunlight from the window. All he needed to make this day perfect, was a coffee and Mulder himself.

It's the modern equivalent of 'a book of verse, a flask of wine and thou' he mused. a tall non-fat latte, a New York Times, and thou, though if I really had to I could live without the first two if I just have thou!

He closed his eyes, recalling the night before. He had turned up expecting to fight with Mulder, and ended up sleeping beside him, waking in the night to kiss and be kissed, as the two of them discovered that they did not actually hate each other at all.

I don't know what I'm thinking of. I should just take off and run as far away as I can, but I'm not going to. I can't remember ever feeling quite this relaxed and carefree before. It's almost like a dream. I think I love him.

Beside the window, Mulder's telephone rang, and he heard Mulder's voice kick in as the answering machine picked up.

"I can't come to the phone right now. I'm entertaining a very special guest" Mulder's voice was a purr, and he made the sentence ooze with sexual innuendo.

Alex's brow furrowed. What the heck was happening here? When had Fox recorded that?

The door flew open, and Mulder himself stood there bearing paper sacks from which came a savory smell that reminded Alex that he was starving. Mulder closed the door and took his burden through to the kitchen, where he could be heard rattling plates as he prepared breakfast for the two of them. He took off his jacket, tossing it negligently over the back of a chair and carried out a plate on which a pair of "Egg McMuffins" and a mound of hash browns was reclining. He returned a moment later with a couple of oversized containers of coffee, and handed one down to Alex.

"Oh, gourmet cookery, Mulder! Macdonald's, huh? You really know how to show a guy a good time. You know what? I really prefer food!" His grimace of apparent distaste was spoiled by the loud sound of his stomach rumbling.

Alex rolled over lazily and lay, coffee balanced on his chest, gazing dreamily up at the other man through spiky lashes. He sighed.

Mulder poked at him with the toe of one of his sneakers. "Come on lazy. Get yourself together or I'm going to eat everything." Alex grinned, a boyish grin that held no malice.

"I can see right up the leg of your jeans." He confided, grabbing Mulder's leg and tweaking a bunch of hairs out. Mulder, choked, yelped and wrested his foot free hastily, moving with great speed to place himself outside of Alex's reach.

Snickering, Alex roused himself to sit up, placing the coffee on the floor beside him, and reached for a sandwich.

Mulder spotted the light flashing on his answering machine and slouched over to check his messages, snagging the other sandwich as he went.

"I don't get it." Alex looked up at Mulder, cheek bulging as he chewed on his breakfast.

"Funny, that's not how I remember it." Mulder's leer was pure Groucho Marx as he wiggled his eyebrows at the man with whom he had just spent the most incredible night of his life.

Alex rolled his eyes.

"No, you fool, I mean I can't figure out how you knew I'd be in town." he chomped down on his breakfast again, reaching for a hash brown as he did so.

"I didn't!" Mulder was a little confused.

"Oh, come on, you don't have to pretend anymore. I heard your answering-machine message." Alex's smile was shark-like. The hash browns were disappearing rapidly, and Mulder quickly moved to intercept the plate, forestalling Alex's attempt on the final one.

"What are you talking about?" Mulder's confusion was muffled by the mouthful of food. Alex pushed the last piece of sandwich into his mouth, and got to his knees, crawling across to push the button on the answering machine. Mulder's voice filled the room once more as the message played. Mulder listened with increasing bewilderment.

There was a pause, the kind of pause that usually happens at the dentists, just before the drill goes in. Mulder swallowed, his brow furrowed.

"That's not me. I didn't put that message on my machine!"

Alex snorted. "Oh, so we have an X-file? What? Did someone invade your body and make you leave that message?" He lay back, licking his fingers clean like a cat. "And what about this very special guest? You've been playing naive about your apartment's make-over when it was part of your plan all along after you found out I was in town." His fingers clean, he took a swig of coffee, then scrunched around and began to "stalk" Mulder, running his hand up inside the leg of his jeans, stroking and petting as he spoke. He rubbed his cheek on Mulder's denim clad leg, his day-old beard rasping against the faded cloth as he did so. Mulder's hand fell to Alex's hair, and he began idly twiddling with the short strands as he sat, clumping them up into spikes, long fingers caressing Alex's scalp. Alex made a sound that could have been a purr, arching his neck to present the area just behind his ear to Mulder's busy fingers.

Mulder meanwhile, was thinking things through, and was still totally confused. "Being a bit presumptuous aren't you Alex? Let me assure you, the urge to do some spring cleaning hasn't hit me in a long time. And how come you're so sure I haven't been entertaining a gorgeous temptress?"

Alex flashed him a sardonic grin at this. "Well, you didn't exactly appear satiated when I arrived earlier. Come on - no need to be shy about your feelings - I knew you wanted that kiss when I was here last - knew you've wanted it as long as I have." He pouted a little as Mulder's hand stopped it's movement in his hair. His own hand slid up Mulder's thigh, lightly scratching over his groin and moving to explore the zipper.

"Did you forget the rest of your visit - when you tasked me with stopping some sort of planned invasion of earth? Then surely you heard through the grapevine about my trip to Antarctica?" Mulder placed his hand on Alex's wrist, stopping the distraction of his insistent movement. "I need access to the X-files but I'm being denied at every turn. Why did I have to be the one who is supposed to save the fucking world." His voice was bitter and his eyes looked out beyond Alex as he dwelled on the injustices he was facing. His voice was flat as he ruffled Alex's hair. "I haven't had much spare time to get seducing you to the top of my "to do" list. Why would I when I didn't even think about it.....

Wouldn't let myself think about it!

.....until you came to me last night?"

I didn't mean for us to get back to this so quickly.

Alex stiffened, his hand fell to grip on his coffee cup. Mulder could see that he had upset him.

Damn the real world !

Alex took a deep breath. "Look Mulder, maybe I can help." The widely spaced eyes Alex turned on Mulder were carefully expressionless, his voice tentative.

Mulder looked incredulous. "You, help me?" I don't need your kind of help." Before he had even finished speaking, he realized how that had sounded. Watching the guard come down across Alex's face felt like a punch to his gut. He couldn't look at the other man.

Alex's brain was racing. He doesn't love me. He doesn't care. What am I going to do? God, this hurts. I should have stayed away. He turned his head away so that Mulder could not see his face. He had never felt so naked and exposed.

I wish I could tell him how he came to have the vaccine for Scully. Oh, God, trust me Fox, just a little bit! I'd give you everything if you'd only trust me.

"I thought maybe last night we had begun to build a little bit of trust, Fox. I guess I had it all wrong."

Alex set down the cup of coffee, remembering his earlier anticipation of sharing this morning ritual with Mulder. He felt as if he was setting aside his dream as he left the cup on the table and moved to the bedroom to retrieve his clothes.

Mulder stood frozen. He could see the sadness in Alex's eyes and wanted to go after him and fall back into the bliss of the waterbed's tidal wave. But the tidal wave cresting toward him now was real life and his confusion would not let him move.

hr

A short time later, Alex came back to the living room and paused along side the couch where Mulder was sitting. When the other man kept staring straight ahead, Alex decided to leave quietly, reaching out to grab his cup of coffee, as he went - wanting to take part of his dream with him after all.

Mulder was left sitting on the couch with his jaw on his chest, not quite sure what had happened, but with a very uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He rushed to open the window, thinking he could maybe call Alex back, but Alex was not to be seen. Defeated, he pressed play on his answering machine again, scratching his head in bafflement at the message.

He wondered what he could do. He had no way of contacting Krycek. He knew nothing about where the other man lived. All he did know was that it had been a year since he had last seen Krycek, and that if he had to wait another year before seeing him again he would be devastated.

hr

Mulder quickly fell back into his routine. He trudged through the scut work he and Scully were given; staying alert for hints as to the status of the X-files and once again trying each night to doze on the couch as the TV droned on. If his heart hadn't a perpetual ache, he would have thought nothing had changed.

One more thing was different. Each night the phone would ring and his answer of "Mulder' was met with a soft intake of breath - breath he knew had once been close to him, spilling over his body, even now making him ache with longing. Then, just as quickly, there would be only the dial tone in his ear.

Why did it have to be this way? Mulder had asked himself this question each night after the call. Tonight he began to ponder the question before the call came and he wondered not why, but if, it had to be this way. It suddenly hit him that he had been so headstrong in his belief that he had to solve all of life's problems on his own, he hadn't given Alex's offer of help fair consideration.

Maybe Alex was right and they had begun to establish a small bond of trust during their night together. After all, Alex had had ample opportunity to harm or even kill him. It occurred to him that the younger man had instead shown patience and gentleness during that new experience for Mulder, as he finally revealed feelings he had long kept hidden, even from himself.

Hell, what did he have to lose? How could it get any worse than searching for hidden manure....

The shit is out there!

.....Having a boss out to get you and seeing a weasel who didn't care, much less believe, working his X-files? Could life actually get any worse? How had he actually managed to chase away the one thing that might have been good?

God, I'm self-destructive!

Yes, he was going to try being a team with Alex - at work and play. But how could he get Alex back here?

He thought grimly for several minutes, then his brow cleared. "That's it! The world will beat a path to my door!" He sat back down, and began to devise a better rattrap!

hr

Alex didn't know why he kept torturing himself each night, but he couldn't help himself. It had only taken one night to become addicted to the closeness of Fox and if a quick "Mulder" over the phone was all he could get, he would take it. Alex had gotten into the habit of sipping on his coffee and picking up the phone to call when he knew it was likely Mulder would be home surfing through the TV channels. Tonight, the phone continued to ring and the disappointed man almost hung up before deciding that even if it wasn't live, he would listen to Mulder's voice on the answering machine.

"Mulder here. Well, actually I'm not here, cause I'm at the store stocking up on champagne and candles. Like a good boy scout I want to stay prepared for second chances."

Alex nearly choked on the rich dark liquid he had been drinking. Was this Mulder's idea of a joke? Was this message indeed for him? Or had there been some other "special guest" all along? Well, he certainly didn't have anything to lose - best not to waste an opportunity. And Alex was out the door.....

He pulled up short as he approached Mulder's apartment. His initial elation upon hearing Mulder's message was giving way to doubt. Mulder had made it clear, hadn't he, what he thought of the tactics Alex sometimes found necessary to use as he also pursued some of the truths Mulder sought. Despite the way Mulder's apartment had been set-up that night, their resulting passion had seemed as much a surprise to the apartment's inhabitant as it had been to Alex. Alex knew Mulder too well, and as much as he believed Mulder felt the attraction between them, Alex also knew it was just as likely Mulder was desperately trying to deny those feelings.

Maybe this was some kind of trap Mulder was setting, hoping to capture Alex and ensure his punishment. Alex pulled his jacket closer around him as the chill of the night seemed to suddenly envelop him. No, this was too good to be true and Alex turned, retracing his steps back into the lonely gloom he had hoped to escape. He rounded the corner and was gone just seconds before Fox Mulder's yearning face appeared in the window above.

hr

It was Christmas Eve. Presents were wrapped and in place, people had gone home and the streets were empty now. Although it was only five, it was dark already. Outside there was a strong wind rattling the window of Mulder's apartment. It had begun snowing at about two o' clock that afternoon and there were several inches of the stuff lying on the sidewalk. Fox Mulder peered through the window wondering if tonight would be the night. The message had been on his machine for the last couple of days, and he had just finished updating it yet again, having decided that tonight would be his final attempt.

His apartment was polished and shiny. He had set the table and there were candles waiting to be lit. In the window, there was another candle, and beside it, a champagne cooler sat, illuminated by the flickering flame. Anyone passing on the street below would see it, and would be able to read the sign that protruded from it. The sign read "For my VERY special guest."

Mulder was hopeful that tonight would be the night Alex would take pity on him. The phone had rung several times during the evening, and he had left it to the machine to pick up, waiting, hoping against hope that this time would be the right one, and that Alex would come home to him.

The first time the phone had rung, it had been Scully of course, wishing him a merry Christmas and commenting on his voice message, hoping that he was having a good time. The second time had been Langly and Frohicke, who made a couple of jokes about his choice of activity for Christmas Eve before demanding that he call them if he wanted to go over in the morning for a 'really cool Yule, dude!'

The third caller had left no message, hanging up as the message ended. Several minutes later the same thing had happened, although this time the caller had held on the line for a minute or two more, and Mulder had grabbed the phone to yell "Hello, Alex?" Before the sound of dead air greeted him.

He was now waiting, as he had done each night for the past few days, searching the street hopefully, offering prayers to whatever deity might listen that Alex would come tonight.

He had dressed with care. He was wearing a silk shirt, open at the neck, and a pair of black jeans. His feet were bare, and his sleeves were rolled back to his elbows. He had wrapped a number of packages in Christmas paper, and they were piled in a corner beside the fish tank. He had made an attempt to put up some decorations, and there was a huge bunch of mistletoe hanging from the centre of the light fixture. Mulder was leaving nothing at all to chance.

His stereo, rarely used, was playing softly. He had put on a couple of CDs and the sound of REM was washing through the apartment. The smell of something spicy and Italian wafted from his kitchen. Mulder, who had slept very badly since the night he had spent with Alex, sank down onto the couch to wait. There was nothing else he could do now except wait.

hr

He awoke with a start. The music was finished, and the snow was banking against his window, obscuring the view of the street below. His feet were cold, and he stirred himself, intending to go to the bedroom and find some socks. Dragging himself up off the couch he looked at the time and saw that it was only a few minutes short of midnight. He closed his fist, knuckling eyes that were suddenly full with tears.

"Oh, God, Alex!" Forlornly, he stood up and turned to go into his bedroom. Sitting in his armchair, white beard flying, hood pulled down over his cotton wool eyebrows, was a Santa Claus. Mulder practically jumped out of his skin.

"What the fuck?" He was over to the chair in two strides, grabbing the front of the Santa's jacket, and hauling the man out of his seat. He was lighter than he appeared, and it seemed that much of Santa's bulk was padding. Once out of his chair, he proved to be at least as tall as Mulder. Mulder held on to the jacket and gritted his teeth in the Santa's face.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my apartment? Anyone would think I have signs out inviting everyone over." He gave Santa a shake, and Santa appeared to grin beneath his cotton wool facial fuzz.

"Actually," a muffled voice said from behind the beard. "As a matter of fact you do!" The abused Santa was showing an alarming tendency to giggle, and finally Mulder's light bulb went on.

"Alex! Oh God, my Alex!" He ripped away cotton wool, facial fuzz, wire spectacles and hat in one smooth movement, and then swept Alex into a crushing embrace, lips fitting to lips as Alex turned his face up to the kiss. Mulder's arms went around the rotund figure, hands searching for a way to get his lover disentangled from the grotesque padding. His tongue teased over Alex's lips, snaking into the other man's mouth to discover his. Abandoning his attempts to find a way into that maddening jacket, he brought his hands up to cradle Krycek's face, deepening the kiss, sucking on Alex's tongue and trying as best he could to sink into Alex's skin, or have him become one with him.

When at last he let Alex go, it was to find the buttons on the front of that maddening jacket, undoing them, and sliding his hands inside to find the warmth of his body within. As his arms went around him, pulling him close, Mulder leaned his head on Alex's shoulder and pressed as close to him as he possibly could.

"I was terrified. I thought I'd never see you again. Oh, God, I'm so happy." Alex turned his head to press his lips onto Mulder's ear. For a minute more, they said nothing, then Alex, who had been running his hand over the silk on Mulder's back, pulled away, mouthing "Come on." as he drew Mulder in the direction of the bedroom. Mulder pulled back.

"Oh, no! I'm not that easy!" He grinned at Alex, and placed a quick kiss on the corner of his mouth before he continued. "I've gone to a lot of trouble to set this up. You aren't going to short circuit even one little stage. He pressed Alex down into a seat, and stood back. "It's my turn to seduce you, and I've got the full routine all ready for you. I'm not going to miss a trick, I promise you. By the time I'm finished, we'll be able to compare notes and decide who's got the best technique! Get out of that dumb suit, and I'll go heat up supper." With that, he moved over to close the window drapes, extinguish the candle, and remove the sign that had been displayed all evening.

hr

The candlelight cast flickering shadows over the faces of the lovers. They had eaten dinner, and between them they had emptied a bottle of wine. Alex was smoking a cigarette as Mulder moved quietly about, replacing the CD, clearing dishes away into the kitchen, and pausing from time to time to touch Alex gently. Alex sat smiling, his eyes bright as they followed Mulder around the room. As the music began to play, Mulder took Alex's hand and pulled him up.

"Dance with me?"

"Oh yeah!" As the slow driving rhythm, and the intricate saxophone of Ultravox's "Hiroshima, Mon Amour" filled the air, the two of them clung toeach other and swayed. Mulder smiled down at Alex, whose head was on his shoulder and began to tug at him just a bit. Alex looked up into mischievous eyes. "I thought we were taking this slow."

Mulder grinned as he looked off to the side and toward the ceiling light from which sprigs of mistletoe hung. "Oh, we are."

Alex's eyes followed to where Mulder looked and his chuckle reverberated around the room. "I must admit I didn't have you figured for a traditionalist Fox." Still swaying to the music, Alex began to guide them toward the center of the room. "Did you really think you would have to trick me into kissing you?"

Mulder was still grinning. "Well, I couldn't be too sure. It certainly took you long enough to take me up on my answering machine messages.

Alex's smile had not disappeard either. "Well, maybe if you had thrown a 'Hey Alex' in there somewhere."

Mulder looked at Alex increduously and laughed. "With the people that listen in on my phone?" The men had arrived under the mistletoe and Fox could feel the hard length of Alex's body through the denim and silk. He glanced up at the sprigs of greenery and berries and back down at Alex. "But enough talk. Just show me how traditional you can be." Mulder, reconsidering what he planned for the evening, paused as he leaned toward Alex and his eyes sparkled impishly. "Well, at least for a minute or two."

Then Fox turned serious as he put his hand up to cup Alex's chin, raising it so that he could cover those soft lips with his, his tongue slipping inside the other man's mouth, discovering all over again the langourous pleasure of tongue on tongue. Alex drew a sharp breath, and proceeded to kiss him back so hard that his toes curled up. His hand went to cup Fox's behind and pull him in against the hardening bulge in the front of his jeans. He moaned softly as he felt an answering hardness pressing against him. Their kiss deepened, mouth bruising mouth as they clung to each other. Mulder's arm around Alex's waist held him against his straining body, and his other hand, buried in the shiny hair of the back of his head, kept his mouth glued into that kiss. Alex could feel his knees growing weak as Mulder continued to explore his mouth.

"Am I getting this right? Are we ready for the next stage yet?"

Alex cocked an eyebrow at the taller man quizzically.

"What next stage, Fox?"

"Hmmm..let me see, how does it go? 'Wine me, dine me, 69 me!' I think that was it!" His grin broadened as Alex lifted his head to stare at him with a faintly shocked expression. "You didn't think you were getting out of here without putting out for me, did you? This is a seduction, baby! Your ass is mine!"

Alex smiled again. "Fox," he said quietly "it always has been."

Fox Mulder felt his breath stop as he digested that statement. As it sank in, he groaned, holding Alex to him as hard as he could, mouth once again sliding over the other man's lips as he tasted him, drank him, drowned in him. Pulling back briefly, he grabbed a candlestick from the table, and leading Alex, he headed for the bedroom.

"I've got this all set up! Just you wait!"

hr

Undressing Alex was interesting. Mulder had thought it would be a matter of seconds before he and Alex were skin on skin, but his fingers were shaking, and the buttons were sticking. After his third attempt to undo the button on the other man's jeans, Mulder was preparing to rip the damned things off his lover's body. Alex, faintly alarmed, pulled away and began to unfasten the offending button, saying mildly.

"If ever I want to go out in public again, I'm gonna need to keep warm, Fox." Grinning widely, he wriggled out of his pants, leaving Mulder twitching with lust as he stretched to take off the T-shirt he was wearing. Finally he stood naked in front of Mulder, maliciously smiling as he surveyed the effect he was having on his lover.

Fox ran his hands over him, licking his ear, his cheek, finally fixing his lips on the other man's neck, sucking until the fair skin there began to turn red. He lowered Alex onto the bed, grinding his pelvis into him as he did so. Alex whimpered, and put his hand down to unfasten Fox's zipper, pushing the harsh denim of his jeans down, freeing his penis to press against him as he held him tightly. At last they were lying together, hands exploring each others' bodies, mouths wandering over each other as they uttered barely audible declarations of love.

Lying pressed alongside Alex, Mulder drew his head back, taking in the beauty of him as he lay, head thrown back in abandon. His white throat was bared to him as he arched, eyes closed, inviting Mulder's caresses. He was biting his lip. The ruin of his left arm was tucked into the tumbled pillows and he had his other hand twisted into Fox's hair. As Fox slid his hands up and down on Alex's hardness, and listened to the gasping breath that told of Alex's growing need. Mulder spoke gently, knowing that he was taking a step he would never be able to retreat from.

"Alex, Alex love, listen to me." The green eyes flew open as Alex realized that Fox's voice held urgency. "I'm so sorry about the things I said to you that morning. I hadn't thought things through. I'd be really glad if you could help meYou help me. You and I both know you sometimes...um ...use different tactics than I do as we deal with this conspiracy, so it never dawned on me that we would ever be working toward the same end. If you can work with me, it would be wonderful. I'm just not used to needing help - accepting help - it's a new thing for me." Alex's eyes shone. The hand that was tangled in Mulder's hair pulled his head down, and Alex's mouth fastened onto Fox's in a kiss that began gently, sweet darts of his tongue that searched out pleasure points, teasing them into tingling fire. Rolling to cover him, Alex deepened his kiss, pressing him down and running his hand down to squeeze his cock, rubbing an exploratory thumb over the moisture glistening on the tip.

As Fox gasped and writhed, Alex slowly worked his hand down to draw lazy circles around his tight asshole, moist finger dipping, pressing, working its way in to the heat of the channel there. As he pushed his finger in to stroke Fox's prostate, he released Fox's mouth and dropped his head, working his way down with gentle nips and licks, pausing to suck a nipple into his mouth and nibble, before working delicately south once more. Reaching Fox's belly, Alex ran his tongue around the shadow of his navel, before drawing in a huge breath and blowing a resounding raspberry. Fox convulsed. Alex snickered and then, while Fox was drawing breath to protest, he opened his lips and sucked the full length of his cock inside his mouth and down his throat. Fox went wild. His hips bucked crazily and as Alex held him, mouth sucking, fingers stroking and probing, Fox felt the rush of his orgasm explode somewhere behind his balls, throwing out fiery streamers of hot, sweet electricity along his cock, up his spine, and across his belly. He came. Shouting words of love to the man who held him.

As he subsided, lying limply, sweat-bathed and skin flushed, he looked ruefully at Alex.

"That wasn't supposed to happen just yet. I've got all these things I want to do to you." His voice tailed off. Alex was eyeing him speculatively, rather the way that a cat would eye a mouse.

"Go for it, Fox. I won't stop you." Alex flung himself to lie back amongst the pillows, his hand still stroking circles onto the skin of Mulder's shoulder. Mulder breathed deeply, and then climbed out of the bed. Padding off to the other room, he returned with a package, which he tossed onto Alex's chest.

"Here, this is for you." He grinned, and disappeared again. A moment later, as Alex was methodically working his thumbnail under the tape of the package, Mulder returned with the champagne bucket, now filled with ice, and a bottle of the wine. "Oh Lord, Alex! I had you pegged as the type who would rip and tear, don't tell me you're a methodical unpicker of parcels...I can't stand it!"

Alex flashed him a smile. "Instant gratification is OK in it's way, but I like my pleasures to last..." His smile turned malicious as he surveyed his own state of arousal. His prick stood tall, and as he finally removed all the wrapping from his gift, he pulled out a pair of cheap, fur lined handcuffs. "Oh, please!" He held them out, smile widening as he extended his wrist. "Do it to me! Give me all you've got!" Mulder clasped them onto him, fastening the other link to the headboard, and then moved to sit astride his chest, bringing the bottle of champagne with him.

The sound of the champagne bottle was very loud in the small bedroom. The music still played in the other room, but the smoky tones of Amanda Marshall were eclipsed by the shriek that rang out as cold wine spilled from the top of the bottle to pour onto Alex's chest.

"Fox, you bastard! Yob tvoyu mat!" He writhed from side to side, trying to escape from the freezing champagne that dripped onto him, but because of Mulder's weight on top of him, coupled with the forced immobility that the cuff had imposed, all he could do was curse! Fox laughed down at him, tenderly stroking the red face.

"What was that you just said? Were you insulting me by any chance?" Fox's grin was wide, as he scrambled off Alex's chest, placing the cold bottle on his tummy for a second, and then turning it so that the wine began to pour onto his stomach. "I'm going to have to punish you for calling me names! What did you call me anyway?"

"Not you..." choked Alex, "Not you, your mother!"

"Oh, you are a very bad boy. You will definitely have to pay for that!" Fox put the bottle back into the bucket and began to lap at the pooled wine that had collected in Alex's navel. As he drank, Alex's whimpers faded. "Are you cold, baby? Is that what the problem is?" Casually seizing the candle, Fox tilted it, and drizzled hot wax up and down the tender flesh of Alex's thighs. Alex screamed. His erection was impossibly hard, and he squirmed in his attempt to get some pressure on it.

"Oh God! Fox, please. Please....!" His words deteriorated into incoherent sounds as Fox began to lick the length of him in long, sweeping movements. Taking hold of his cock with one hand, Fox proceeded to lick around its head, swirling his tongue over the ridge, tasting him and making him arch to try and get more, further, deeper. Fox took a healthy swallow of the champagne, and then dipped his head back to Alex's penis, taking it all in, the cold wine bathing it and making Alex's eyes bug out. Finally, Mulder took the ice cube he had been nursing, and pushed it into Alex. The combination of ice and heat when Fox went down on him made him shriek once more. Fox gave a low laugh and then wriggled up to share a kiss. Alex was gasping and panting, and Mulder could see that he was very close to the edge.

"Alex, I don't want you to come for a minute, just give me a moment. Can you do that for me? Can you hold on?" Alex groaned, but nodded. Mulder kissed him once more then moved away, searching for lube. Warming it in his hand, he began to apply it to Alex's cock, stroking it on with long hard strokes that made Alex moan and catch his breath. Finally, Mulder straddled Alex once more, and with a determined wriggle, plunged Alex's penis deep within him. Alex yelled once again, and the incredible sensation of being inside the man he loved was almost more than he could bear.

He could feel liquid fire bubbling up inside him, and as Mulder began to rise and fall on him it erupted to flow in torrents of joy around his cock. He felt himself spurting wildly, and his body went rigid as wave after wonderful wave of pleasure jolted through him. At last he collapsed limply, and Fox fell onto his chest, murmuring soft words of endearment as they lay together.

"Jesus, Fox! I thought when we were together last time it was your first...?" He gave Mulder a speculative look from beneath the veil of his eyelashes.

"It was. I've never been with another man. I've done my homework though. I can't tell you how many books I've been through this past week." He smiled wryly. "It was a real education. I' m good for a whole bunch of surprises!"

"Not tonight. I think you broke something. I'm totally unable to move, and I'm all sticky." Alex lay in a tumbled heap, watching as Fox released him from the handcuffs.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up" Grinned Mulder, tugging his lover to his feet and leading him out of the bedroom to the bathroom. As they passed the phone, it rang, and Mulder's Christmas message was played.

"This is Fox Mulder. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now, because I hope I'm going to be making love to the person I love more than anything. The champagne is chilling and the candles are waiting. I hope your Christmas is as wonderful as mine is going to be. Leave me a message, and I'll call you back when I come back to earth."


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional