The Dentist

Fandom: RPF

Category/Rated: AU Slash/PG13

Year/Length: 2011/1372

Pairing: Jared/Jensen

Disclaimer: Not mine, no profit, only having fun.

Author's Notes: For jennylynneh

Beta: spoonlessone

hr

Jensen had a toothache.

He'd had steadily increasing pain from toothache since the previous week, and Katie was getting really tired of hearing about it.

"Call your dentist," she snapped when Jensen moaned for the 20th time.

Jensen seemed to fold in on himself as she spoke, and she put down the bottle of nail polish she'd been using to adorn her talons so she could study his admittedly pale face. "Well?" she said, frowning. "You can't go around like this any longer, you're making me crazy." She rolled her eyes. "Also, your jaw is starting to swell. Not a good look for a model."

Jensen didn't respond, and after a minute during which her eyes bored into him as if trying to draw blood, sighed ostentatiously and said, "So go on. Pick up the phone."

"I don't..." Jensen looked down, not wanting to meet her eyes.

"Don't what?" She was beginning to sound menacing, and Jensen blanched.

"I don't... have a dentist," he mumbled.

"Are you insane?" Katie was looking at him as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Why don't you have a dentist?"

"They scare me," said Jensen, to the floor. "They hurt me, and I don't like it."

"You big wuss!" She reached for her phone. "I'm going to have to take all this off and start over," she said, looking at her nails. "See how much I help you."

"What are you doing?" he asked, fear in his voice as he tried to make himself about a quarter of his regular size.

"I'm making you an appointment with my dentist. Then I'm gonna drag you there, kicking and screaming."

"You hate me," he whined.

"Yep." She had dialed, and began speaking without paying him any further attention. "Hello? Dr. Padalecki, please? Yeah, it's Katie Cassidy."

hr

It was only an hour and a half later when Katie frog-marched Jensen into the dentist's surgery. "Sit!" she said, pointing to the seat furthest from the door and standing over him while he took his seat. The receptionist watched with undisguised interest as Katie terrorized and intimidated him, looming over him with her hands on her hips while he quailed.

Fortunately for his heart, he didn't have to wait for long. An enormous shadow fell across him, and a soft, deep voice said, "Are you Katie's phobic boss?"

He didn't have time to answer. Katie stepped forward to grab hold of his tie and yank. "This is Jensen, and he's a sad, sad coward."

Hanging his head, Jensen still didn't look up, and merely whimpered as Katie, still holding his tie in a vice-like grip, hauled him up from his chair and towed him into the operating chamber. "Sit!" she said again in tones that brooked no defiance.

Jensen slunk to the dentist's chair and lowered his trembling body into it. He heard the footfalls as the dentist approached him, and shivered. "Katie," said the voice. "He'll be perfectly safe with me. You can wait for him out in the waiting room."

"You don't know him like I..." Katie's words of protest were cut short by the dentist.

"Not negotiable, poppet," murmured the dentist. "Go!"

Katie went.

Jensen swallowed nervously. The tooth hurt like the dickens, but the dentist was large and terrifying, although if pressed he would have to admit that he hadn't yet actually looked at the dentist himself. He was going to have to though. He could feel the chair begin to crank backwards, leaving him curled in his sitting position, huddled in on himself.

"My, you are scared, aren't you? No need to be. Just trust ol' Doc Jared to make you all better." The velvety voice made him wince, and he jumped as the unknown scourge of teeth put a hand on his shoulder. "It's all right, you know. I just want to check out what the problem is. I won't just randomly start drilling on you, I promise."

Jensen made a little choking sound as he finally – FINALLY – raised his eyes to meet those of his tormentor. His eyes widened, and for a moment he stopped trembling. "You promise?" he said.

"Scout's honor," nodded the dentist. "I just want to see what's causing all that pain."

"Okay." Jensen seemed to relax a little, and with extreme encouragement, finally lay down on the now fully reclined chair.

The dentist was as big as Jensen had feared, but he didn't at all resemble the scary, Hellboy-lookalike that he'd been afraid of. Instead, he was a handsome, boyish looking man with a mop of unruly chestnut hair and high, Slavic cheekbones beneath tip-tilted, foxy eyes that seemed full of amusement as he bent to begin his examination of Jensen's dentition.

"For the most part, your teeth are looking great," announced ol' Doc Jared. "It's just this one right here that's not doing too well." As he spoke, he prodded the offending molar, and Jensen squeaked. "Yeah. Thought so."

"What's wrong with it?" Jensen had to cough twice and concentrate on lowering his voice to avoid sounding like a girl.

"It's got a hole in it," murmured Jared. "It's okay. We'll have you right as rain again in two shakes of a lamb's tale."

"What... what are you going to do?" croaked Jensen. The dreaded moment had arrived. He'd seen Little Shop of Horrors, and he knew all about dentists.

"Well, first I want to freeze your mouth so that you can't feel any pain." Jared was still twinkling at him, apparently amused by Jensen's panic. "Then I'll fill it for you so it doesn't cause you any more trouble. That's pretty much it."

Looking around himself for some form of escape, Jensen concluded that there was nothing possible. Katie was between him and the way in, and there were no windows through which he could squeeze. Gulping, he nodded. "Okay."

He lay with his eyes tightly closed, steeling himself against what he was sure was to come. When Dr. Jared reappeared, bearing his hypodermic and bent once more to administer his liquid relief, Jensen peered up at him, whimpered as he took a look at the needle in Jared's hand and reached, gripping firmly between the dentist's legs.

Jared rose to his tiptoes as Jensen's fingers tightened on his balls. "Uh... Jensen?" he said, losing a little of the calming tone from his voice.

"We're not going to hurt each other, are we?" asked Jensen.

"Of course we aren't." A tear coursed down Jared's cheek. "P...pain free. Guaranteed."

The iron grip relaxed just a little, and Jensen opened his mouth so that Jared could stick him with the needle. The anesthetic didn't take long to take effect, and Jensen suddenly grinned. "Hey, it worked. I can't feel anything." He went to sit up. "I think it's time to go home now. I feel great."

"It's going to wear off in an hour," said Jared, laughing. "I still need to fill your tooth."

"Oh, fuck!" Jensen slumped back to his former position. "Go on. Might as well. If I die, I don't want Katie to inherit my millions, okay?"

"Gotcha. Is that likely?" Jared reached for his drill. "This will be noisy, but it won't hurt. Got it?"

"Aarrgle," muttered Jensen, intelligently, mouth wide open with Jared's hands delving deep.

hr

It was some time later that Jensen emerged from the surgery to find Katie. Jared had his arm around him, and they appeared to be somewhat disheveled.

"So, I'll pick you up at eight?" asked Jared, leaning down to press a kiss to Jensen's nose.

"Eight's good." Jensen gazed at him adoringly. "Or even seven thirty, if you like."

"Sounds good."

"You think I should make an appointment for a checkup soon?" Jensen looked hopeful.

"Absolutely. Got to take care of your teeth." Jared patted Jensen's ass as he stumbled across to where Katie was sitting with her nail polish.

"Okay, Ms. Cassidy. Let's go. That was traumatic." She glared at Jensen, but rose meekly to do his bidding.

"Told you he was painless," she said as they left.

"Oh, there was pain," smirked Jensen. "But you know, one must suffer to be beautiful. Take me home. We're having the rest of the day off."


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional