Tempting Angels

Fandom: Earth Angels/X-Files

Category/Rated: NC17, Slash, Drama

Year/Length: 2003/~48,820 words

Pairing: Maximillian/Alex/OMC

Disclaimer: Not mine, no profit, only having fun.

Author's Notes: Written for the ZoneZineII.

hr

It was cold. The kind of cold that made people pull their coats a little tighter around themselves and reminded them that soon fall would give way to winter, and the crispness in the air would become a biting thing. Despite the brightness of the sun as it shone down on the park, the ground was frozen. Early morning frost was still visible on the leaves that littered the grass, and the prone body that lay among them was covered in tiny goose bumps as the frigid air came in contact with its skin.

No one had seen the delicate young man as he'd been born, but his human form was now visible to all. He looked every inch the angel as he lay, eyes closed, a slight smile on his face as if the act of being created was the great joy of his life. Blond hair framed the soft features of his face, full lips parted slightly as he breathed in the fresh, unfamiliar air. When his long-lashed eyelids fluttered and opened to reveal eyes as blue as the country sky on a summer day, the smile widened, and he stretched lazily, delighting in the sensation of muscles as they flexed and relaxed.

"Welcome to Earth," a low voice said behind him.

Craning his neck to see who had spoken, the young man smiled still wider, carefully molded lips parting to reveal a glimpse of pearly teeth, and the hint of a pink tongue. "Wow," he whispered, his voice surprisingly deep for one so delicate looking. "They never told me that touching things would feel like this." He shuddered, running his hands over the delicate tracery of white frost that clung to the veins of a leaf. "Everything is so wonderful - feels so incredibly good." He rose to his feet, lithe and graceful. "Are you here from Gregory?"

"Actually, I work for one of Gregory's associates," the man replied, dark eyes flashing slightly as he smiled a little too widely. "I was sent to welcome you, and, now that I have, why don't you come with me? There are a lot of people waiting to see you."

"What's your name?" murmured the young man. "I'm Liam." He held out his right arm in the strange gesture that he'd seen humans perform, but the other didn't behave as expected, failing to take the proffered hand in greeting. Frowning, he stood, unsure as he attempted to recover his equilibrium. "Are we not to shake hands? I would love to learn the feel of your palm to mine."

That garnered him a gruff laugh, and the other relented, taking hold of Liam's hand. "You new ones are all the same. I wish I could remember what it was like to be so...unspoiled." He coughed, looking a little uncomfortable as Liam held onto his hand. "My name is Gordon, and we really should be going. Are you going to come with me?"

Liam had just nodded his acquiescence, when there was a shout, and a pair of humans came hurtling through the trees to confront them.

"What are you doing? Stay away from him." The one in the lead, a man with a shock of unruly black hair and a dark skin, skidded to a halt on the frosty grass, confronting Gordon with a face that was thunderous. "He's one of Maximillian's," he said to Liam. "He'll be your death before you even live."

The woman had slowed down as she saw her colleague reach the pair, and now she came towards them over grass that crunched underfoot as she moved, making for Liam and catching hold of his hand as she came within arms' reach. "Hello, my friend. We nearly missed you; I'm sorry. My name is Deborah."

Liam had frozen at the mention of the dark angel's name, and he looked at Gordon, curiously. "You were going to hurt me?" he asked in a gentle voice.

"Of course not," Gordon smiled nervously, backing away from the man who was guarding Liam like the precious entity he was. "Take it easy, guys. I was only welcoming the kid to his new life."

"Thank you," Liam smiled, "and, please, thank Maximillian for the welcome."

Gordon frowned, looking puzzled as he studied the young man for a few moments. "Um, yeah, okay, you got it." Hands raised, he kept up the retreat. "We're cool, right? I'll just pass on the message to Maximillian." His last words were directed at the pair who'd come to Liam's rescue.

The two angels watched, faces impassive, as Gordon backed away, then turned and left the park. At last, Deborah relaxed a little, turning to Liam with a smile.

"Welcome to New York, little one. I know it's a little confusing at first, but once you get used to your new body you will see how wonderful human life can be." She looked curiously at Liam, who was gazing down at their two hands, still clasped together. "What? What is it?"

"This touching. I feel... It's the most amazing thing I ever experienced." Liam slowly withdrew his hand from hers and gazed at his own fingers as though entranced. "How wonderful," he whispered, dreamily.

Deborah smiled and nodded her head. "You'll find out so many wonderful things about being human, Liam. Unfortunately, you'll also discover some of the frailties that come with this form."

Liam tilted his head. "Like what?"

"Hopefully you won't have to find out for a long time. Not with us protecting you from men like him." She nodded in the direction Gordon had gone.

"But he was so nice," Liam said, eyes wide.

The smile on Deborah's face faded. "You can't be nice and work for Maximillian, Liam. You should know that."

"They told me about Maximillian, but they didn't say that he would be so nice and friendly. Surely he can't be bad if he sends someone so kind to welcome me?" The young man frowned, a crease appearing on his alabaster forehead. "They said that he was evil."

For a moment, Liam seemed utterly puzzled, and then slowly his frown faded, and he smiled, a sunburst of a smile that lit his face. "I'm so happy to be here. Where are we going? Are you going to be my friends?"

Deborah glanced at her partner and slowly nodded her head. "Yes, Liam. We are going to be your friends. Right now, though, we're going to take you to meet Gregory."

hr

Gordon stood, shifting from foot to foot as Maximillian stared at him, unspeaking. Finally, Max rose from his chair and dusted some imaginary lint from the front of his black silk shirt.

"So, you're telling me they didn't fight you for him. You simply let him go."

"I didn't see any reason to get into an altercation with them," Gordon said quietly. "There will be other chances to get the boy."

"But see," Max said, tsking as he tapped a finger against his chin, "the perfect time to get them is when they've just arrived. They're trusting, disoriented..." He narrowed his eyes. "See what I'm saying?"

"Yes, but--"

Max held up a hand to stop Gordon from speaking. "I don't know why I sent you. I should have sent Alex. He's the only one who can do anything right around here." Flopping back in his chair, Max appeared to be pouting a little. "Go tell Alex I'd like to see him. I want to be cheered up."

Moments after Gordon had slunk from Maximillian's presence, a figure clad in black appeared in the doorway, sardonically smiling as he examined his fingernails.

"Something's upset you, I hear. What do you want me to do for you?" Alex Krycek walked into the room, graceful and animal in his movements, the soft creak of the leather pants he wore the only sound he made. Coming to rest behind the chair in which Max was seated, he reached over the tall back to massage his shoulders, digging his thumbs in deep against the firm musculature. "It's a momentary setback, I'm sure. Relax and we'll get it straightened out."

Max closed his eyes and leaned into the touches, a smile already beginning to appear on his face. "Alex, you always know what to do to make me feel good." He took a deep breath, and the smile disappeared. "We could have had the new one if I'd sent you out to get him." Tilting his head back, he waited for a kiss. "He's supposed to be more perfect than any of the others. I wanted to get him for you."

"For me?" A slow, dreamy smile crept across Alex's face. "What makes you think I need him? It's you that I care about." He stooped, opening his mouth wide and gluing it to Max's with a soft sigh. His fingers had stopped their kneading, and now they scurried to open Max's shirt and find the small, brown nipples within. "I don't need toys when I have you. I can play with him for you, but I would rather have you."

"Aww, this is why I love having you around so much, Alex," Max murmured, pulling Alex down for another kiss. "Now, why don't you come down here and use that sexy mouth on me, hmm? We can plan everything we're going to do to the sweet boy when we have him to ourselves." He grinned and licked his lips. "I think I am really going to enjoy watching you take him for the first time."

Alex's face creased in a wide smile, and he ruffled Max's hair as he stalked around to the front of the chair, dropping down between Max's knees, his teeth very white against the tan of his face. "You can take that to the bank," he murmured, throatily, reaching for the fasteners that held Max's pants closed, and pulling them open. "But first, a little taste of hell, I think."

Leaning forward, he opened his mouth and sucked Max in with a growl.

hr

Deborah watched Liam eat his hamburger, an indulgent smile on her face at the genuine pleasure he was taking in it.

"Would you like some more milk?" she asked, pointing at the empty glass.

"I would love some, thank you," Liam smiled, studying a french fry before slipping it into his mouth. "This food is wonderful."

"Wait until you try ice cream."

They both turned to see the man who'd been with Deborah for the rescue. He handed Liam a small brown bag and took a seat at the table.

"Thank you, Joshua," Liam said, his face lighting up at the unexpected gift. "May I have some now?"

"Knock yourself out, kid," Joshua grinned then turned to Deborah with a sigh. "Any word from Gregory yet?"

"He's coming to join us shortly. He said that we should take Liam up to the office and begin orienting him. He'll be along as soon as he's done." Her face fell. "There's been another murder. The bodies have been hacked to pieces, but Gregory knows that Max is behind it."

"Max? Isn't he the kind gentleman that sent his friend to greet me?" Liam's face was beatific as he took his first spoonful of vanilla ice cream, and the flavor exploded on his tongue. He gasped, losing all interest in the conversation as he experienced the bliss of discovery. "This is a very wonderful experience. It is most holy," he whispered, and began to spoon the white treat into his mouth.

Deborah couldn't suppress the soft laugh at his exuberance. "I wish I could remember what it was like to taste ice cream for the first time."

"I would recommend it highly," Liam said with a firm nod of his head. "This should be the first thing that anyone ever tastes when they come here. This is all wonderful. Thank you so much."

"You're very welcome," Deborah said, "but you have to learn that there is more to being here than all the good things."

"Like that murder?" Liam asked, spoon poised above the container of ice cream. "Why do you think Max is behind it?"

"His calling card was at the scene," Joshua frowned.

"How do you know it was his?" Liam's eyes watched Joshua curiously. "Do we really know that he's a bad man?"

"He's more than a man, Liam." Joshua spoke sternly, his eyes dark with the memory of the atrocities he'd seen committed. "You know who his father is? He is the crown prince of the realms of hell, and he'll stop at nothing to bring the human race to dust."

"What Joshua says is true, Liam. Max is more evil than you can possibly imagine. He will chew you up and spit you out if you let him. Stay away from him, unless it's absolutely necessary." Deborah leant forward with her arms on the table and waited until Liam met her eyes before she continued. "There are things you may not do with your wonderful new body, Liam. You must never take a life, and you may not make love. Sex is forbidden to us."

Liam seemed to be digesting her words, and his face reflected the effort of trying to reconcile his belief that Maximillian might be a considerate man with the creature about whom they were speaking. He licked a stray drop of ice cream from the corner of his mouth and turned bright blue eyes to Deborah.

"Why aren't we allowed to make love? It sounds like something God would *want* us to do. God is love, isn't he?"

Joshua furrowed his brow and leaned forward. "Yes, he is, but using the body for that kind of pleasure usually leads to one's downfall."

"Pleasure?" Liam asked, smiling happily. "Is sex anything like vanilla ice cream?"

"It's really difficult to describe sex. It's something that the mortals use for procreation, but none of us have ever done it." Deborah smiled. "You'll find that vanilla ice cream is more than enough to satisfy your needs. We must never make love with the mortals, because that is against God's plan for the Angels."

Liam nodded, a small frown once again appearing on the smooth, pale forehead. "I understand, Deborah. I would never betray God's plan. That would be wrong." He lifted his head and smiled his sunny smile. "But ice cream isn't against the rules, is it?"

hr

Liam awoke bathed in sweat. He had fallen asleep readily, exhausted from his first day on earth. His sleep had contained troubled dreams. The dark man named Gordon had featured in them, calling to him with a leering smile that troubled him. There was an unaccustomed tingle in his groin, and he gazed down at himself with a worried frown. The flesh that had merely hung limply from his thighs was now standing stiff and straight. He gasped as he studied it, wondering if something terrible had happened to it. He put his hand on it to push it down and attempt to make it return to its prior, floppy state, and a sensation of pleasure knifed through him, so intense that it made him gasp.

When his breathing slowed back down, he saw that it was still standing rigid. He pushed on it again, this time letting his hand stay on it as the rush of pleasure flooded his body once more.

"I wonder if it's broken," he whispered to himself, touching again and finding that it felt better when he did it slowly. "Doesn't feel broken," he said, voice hitching as his fingertips began a slow, natural rhythm up and down the shaft. He stopped when a pearly drop oozed from the tip, making him groan softly.

"Tears - it weeps tears. This strange phenomenon seems so wonderful that I wonder why it does so." His hand had begun to move faster. "I feel - as though heaven is here with me." His body suddenly convulsed and the organ he was holding spat, covering his hand with a sticky white fluid and leaving him shaken, flooded with sensations so intense that he couldn't move at first. "This, and ice cream. I am truly blessed," he whispered. Before he knew it, he had drifted back into sleep.

The next morning, Liam was greeted by a new wonder they called bacon that tasted just as delicious as it smelled. As he munched happily, he remembered the wonderful events of the previous night.

"Joshua," he said, wiping his fingers on a napkin, "something strange and lovely happened to me last night. I wonder if it is something that happens to all of us our first night on Earth."

Joshua took a seat, cup of coffee in hand and sipped it slowly. "What was it?" he asked with a gentle smile on his face.

"My..." He frowned and looked down at his lap. "I'm not sure what it's called, but I thought I'd broken it somehow. It wouldn't go down, and then I discovered that touching it just so made it empty itself and then return to normal." His smile widened and his eyes sparkled at the memory. "It felt so good, Joshua. I hope it happens again very soon."

There was a pause. Joshua had his face buried in his mug, and his ears had turned red. Although when at last he lifted his head and faced Liam his complexion had returned to normal. "Uh, Liam. We're not supposed to mess with that. We're supposed to leave it alone, and the hardness will go away on its own." He reached for a piece of toast, just as Deborah entered the dining room.

"Good morning, you two. Liam, how did you sleep?" She sat down and reached for the coffee pot, pouring herself a cup of the steaming brew.

"Deborah, I was telling Joshua; I woke in the night and a wonderful thing happened. There were such pleasant feelings that I felt quite faint. It was a great blessing." He took a bite of his own breakfast. "You know when the flesh that's between your legs grows hard and begins to pulse? This happened to me in the night. Do you have this? How often does it happen to you?"

Deborah flashed a look at Joshua, the surprise on her face obvious. "It's only something that happens to men," she said slowly. "I mean, women can have the same... But they don't have the same..." She took a sip of her coffee, looking as if she wanted to hide under the table. "We're not supposed to do anything about it."

"That's what Joshua said," Liam wrinkled his forehead. "I don't understand why, though. Is it a bad thing to let your body feel so wonderful? I don't see why God would give me this gift and not allow me to enjoy it."

"To test you, Liam," snapped Joshua. "You must know that your strength of will is being tested by the trials of flesh. If you can't control yourself, you can't help mortals, and that's why you're here."

"But…"

"Liam!" Deborah's voice was cold, and the new angel subsided, returning to the delicious food that he had been given, the frown back on his brow again.

"I understand," he whispered, forlornly, wishing that he did.

hr

Max's neck arched and sweat gleamed on his face as Alex thrust into him mercilessly. He tugged on his lover's shoulders, pulling him down for a desperate kiss and clinging to him as he was fucked.

"Shit...I love this..." Max growled against Alex's lips. "You're the best I've ever had..." Grunting as Alex slammed home even harder, Max laughed, delighting in the way he was being taken.

"You make me raise my game every time," said Alex as he began the short, sharp strokes that would lead to his climax. "I can lose myself in you…"

"Excuse me, you can't go in there…" The voice was Gordon's, and neither being bothered to look up, intent on their own pleasure as they were. "No!"

The rustle of the heavy drape that covered the door being pushed aside made Alex turn his head. A slight, fair young man had entered the room, and stood goggling at the two of them. Snickering, Alex redoubled his efforts, pounding into Max with a will.

Max turned his head to see who'd caught Alex's attention, and grinned when he saw the shocked face of their visitor.

"Harder, Alex," he groaned, legs and arms tightening around his lover as his body tensed. "Yes...fuck...yes..." He cried out, making the young stranger jump at the intensity of the sound. Still crying out Alex's name, Max came hard, his come spurting from his cock to cover the pair of them.

Liam's eyes widened at the sight of the familiar action, but he waited silently, curious to see what else would happen.

Alex's hips continued to pump furiously, and he let out a loud shout as his essence rose, body suddenly tensing as his orgasm hit. "Ah, fuck, Max, you're wonderful."

They froze, a lewd tableau, the two men that had just completed their act still joined as they recovered, and the third watching, wide eyed as they attempted to regain control of their breathing.

It seemed a long time before Alex slipped from his place inside Max's body to drop to his knees and begin to lick his satanic lover's cock clean. The little gasp from Liam as he watched made him smile to himself.

"What are you doing?" The soft voice washed over both beings, and as one, they turned to smile at Liam.

"He's licking my cock," Max chuckled, fingers playing with Alex's hair. "What does it look like?"

"What did you just do, though?" Liam asked, stepping closer without realizing what he was doing. "Before, when you made it spit. What was that?"

"Ah, that was making love," Max sighed, pulling Alex up to lie next to him and kissing him gently.

"It looked as good as ice cream," Liam whispered, eyes riveted to the two as they lounged.

"Ice cream? Oh, at least as good as that," snickered Alex, his fingers wandering down to fondle Max's half-hard dick. "You can even combine the two if you like. That's a pretty damned sweet treat right there." He raised himself onto one elbow and ran his eyes over Liam, pursing his lips and nodding approvingly at the youngster's appearance. "I'd be very happy to show you, if you like?"

Liam started to smile then shook his head, backing away. "No, I'm not allowed to do that."

"Why not?" Max asked, spreading his legs when Alex's hand wandered between them.

"I'm...I'm not sure," Liam frowned.

"Well, who said you couldn't do it?"

"Joshua and Deborah. They said that we have to fight temptation."

Max smiled and ran his tongue over his lips. "Is that so? Can I ask why you're here then? I *do* know who you are, Liam."

"And...and I know who you are... Sir...?"

"Very properly reverent, don't you think, Max? I think I want him after all."

"Of course you do," said Max. "What's not to want?" Max laughed as Liam's face flushed and asked again. "What brought you to this den of iniquity?"

Liam tried to pry his eyes away from the naked bodies still so lewdly entwined, but found himself staring even harder than before. It wasn't until he heard Max say his name again that he looked at him with startled, guilty eyes.

"I…I…" Liam licked his lips, his mouth suddenly dry. "I have so many questions about…things," he finally said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I know you cannot be as bad as we have been taught, but I was told not to have any contact with you. I would not have come here, but no one will talk to me about the things I am feeling. I am confused and Joshua and Deborah only get angry with me."

"How rude," murmured Max, a gentle smile on his face. "And you believe that I am the one to educate you? You are such a perceptive child. I excel in educating the innocent, don't I, Alex?"

Alex rolled lazily to his feet, stooped to capture Max's mouth in a long, juicy kiss, and then stalked around past Liam to stand beside the door. His body glistened from his recent efforts, and his cock was full and heavy as it dangled down to slap against his thigh. "I would love to show you the kinds of things you'll never learn from those angels you live with. Tell me, have you tried chocolate yet?"

"Vanilla ice cream," Liam whispered, "and bacon, this morning. Those are the best things I have tried." His gaze fixed on Alex's cock as it slowly began to fill, he shook his head, round-eyed and beginning to pant with an arousal he hadn't even recognized yet.

Max had moved in behind Liam and leaned forward to whisper into his ear. "You can touch it, if you like. Then we'll give you some chocolate. It really is one of the most wonderful things you can taste."

A shiver went through Liam as the warm breath brushed against his ear. "I...I like everything I've tried so far," he said, still staring at Alex's cock.

"Yeah, I bet," Max murmured, placing his hands on Liam's shoulders and pushing him closer to Alex. "Go ahead, Liam," he said, trailing a hand down one of the innocent's arms. "Alex would love to feel those brand new fingers touching him."

Both Max and Alex savored the shudders that wracked Liam's body. Liam had flushed a delicate pink, and his arousal was evident despite the denim jeans that he wore. Max's touch made him shiver, and he swayed toward Alex for a moment.

"No. No I can't." His words took both Alex and Max by surprise. "It's wrong to want it." He pushed Max's hand away and shook himself as if he were angry. "I can't," he said again, regret in his voice, and shoved past Alex, leaving as abruptly as he came in.

Max laughed and turned to Alex. "Hmm, I wonder what that was about."

hr

Liam was breathless by the time he returned home. He hadn't expected to see Deborah waiting for him, and the look of guilt and confusion on his face when he saw her made him look as if he'd been up to no good.

"Liam, are you all right?" Deborah asked, her first thought that the young man had run into some unforeseen trouble.

"I...I..." Liam swallowed and pursed his lips. Angels were incapable of lying, but if he tried hard enough, he knew he could answer Deborah's question. "I almost lost my way," he said at last.

"You poor thing," murmured Deborah, taking his hand and leading him into the living room. "We've been neglecting you shamefully because of these murders. I think Gregory should let you begin to get involved in the battle now. You're very good about things, but you must be lonely." She rubbed his back reassuringly, a gesture that Liam, in his current state, found almost unbearably arousing.

"Deborah," he said, faintly. "Tell me about the relationships between mortals. Is it not usual for couples to be men and women? Have you heard of the pairing of two men?"

Deborah looked at him strangely. "What makes you ask that?"

Liam gave her a nervous smile and shrugged, unaware that he had moved a little closer to her. "I saw two men holding hands when I was on my walk. I wondered if they were together and, if so, was it normal?"

"It's not considered anything but immoral by God," Deborah said, stepping away from Liam with a confused look on her face.

"But I thought God loves all of his children."

"He does, but those who choose to partake in such behavior must return to God's good graces before they die. Besides, two men cannot procreate and that is the only reason for making love."

Liam frowned, the image of Max and Alex still vivid in his mind. "The thought of it makes me feel the way I do at night." He raised sad eyes to Deborah. "So that's a sure sign that it's wrong, isn't it?"

"Poor Liam," said Deborah, with a condescending smile. "We need to give you some work to do to occupy your time. The adjustment it takes getting used to a human form is distressing to the pure soul. If I were you, I would put away all thoughts of sex. It's forbidden to us, and there is no way around that."

"Yes, Deborah," said Liam, meekly. "I think that I am ready for work in the field. Maybe you and Gregory can provide me with suitable tasks."

"I will ask him. In the meantime, I advocate that you go out and meet with mortals, get to know them. Later, the experience will stand you in good stead." Deborah left the room as she was speaking, leaving Liam alone, aroused and confused, to ponder what he had seen.

After a long day of going out and meeting people, Liam was exhausted. He felt as if he'd spent the whole day either making people nervous or fending off advances he didn't quite understand. All he knew as he stripped and sleepily climbed between the sheets was that the steady thrum of arousal had been with him all day. It hadn't gone away the way Joshua had promised, and now he wouldn't be able to sleep because of it.

Rolling onto his back, he began to pray for some sort of relief from the trappings of his mortality.

"I would rather leave Earth than be given this gift of sensation and not allowed to experience all of it." As he spoke, his hand had wandered down to rest on his crotch almost of its own free will. "I have to be strong," he murmured to himself.

The throb of his unruly body-part was distracting. He clenched his hand in the cool cotton sheet and attempted to forget about it, but as he turned, the abrasion of the soft fabric on him sent little tingles through him, and after a short while he found his hand going to it, to take hold of it and squeeze.

"Just a touch," he murmured to himself as he began to let go of it once more. "It's not as if I'm attempting to procreate or anything." A vision of Alex as he had seen him that morning floated up before his inner eye, naked, flushed and magnificent as his cock rose to salute the new angel, and suddenly he couldn't stop, couldn't let go, needed to find a release for the sensations within him. With a sob, he took hold of himself and began to pull and stroke, feeling the heady pressure mount within his belly as he found a rhythm.

It was happening again, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. His heart sank when he realized he didn't *want* to stop it. Hand moving faster, he felt the tight ache that he knew would result in the delicious release of tension, and the creamy white substance that he'd seen before; the same stuff that had erupted from Max. The thought of the dark angel sent shudders through him and was the final thing he needed to fall over the edge.

He bit his lip, stifling his cries as his orgasm rocked his body. This time was so much more intense than when he'd first experienced it, and he wondered if it was because he'd been in that uncomfortable state all day.

His entire body was tingling with the delicious aftershocks of orgasm, and his hand was sticky. He raised it to his lips and tasted. It was... interesting to sample the fluid that had emerged from the end of his cock. He didn't like it much, but he remembered how Alex had knelt to lick Max clean. Perhaps it would taste better from another. He sighed, imagining how he might taste the heavy, full penis that he had seen between Alex's thighs. Perhaps Alex would do the same to him, and the imagined feel of a slippery tongue against his tingling cock made him begin to stiffen all over again.

Sighing, he took himself in hand.

hr

The murders were rising in number, and it seemed that the authorities were no closer to finding the killer than they were the day Liam had been created. Once Liam had joined the team, he'd begun working with the detective they'd befriended, helping him to interview witnesses and put them at ease. Meeting new people and feeling as if he was doing something useful made Liam happy, and there were new things to discover every day.

He was always excited to share whatever new experiences he'd had with Deborah and Joshua, but knew there was one thing he'd never be able to share. Liam had made his nightly masturbation ritual the biggest secret, the only secret, he'd ever had. Every night he pleasured himself, mind filled with the images of Max and Alex, heart filled with guilt that he was breaking the rules, but he couldn't stop.

"Liam? Are you listening?"

Deborah's voice broke through Liam's musings and he looked at her, face flushed and erection already beginning to press insistently against his jeans. "I'm sorry?"

"I asked if you feel you are ready to meet Max."

The words sent a spasm of lust shooting through to Liam's groin. He gave an involuntary gasp as the familiar images flickered behind his eyes, and then flushed red as both Deborah and Gregory shot him puzzled looks.

"I... it..." Liam was confused, his limited knowledge of the world making it difficult to give an excuse, but knowing that he had to. "Thank you for your trust in me," he whispered at last. "It makes me feel very proud. How will I meet him?"

"It's against my better judgment to send you alone," Gregory said, "but Deborah and Joshua have been monitoring you very closely and tell me that you are up to the task. You seem to have a gift with people, Liam, and perhaps you can be the one to catch Max off guard."

"But, what if I can't?" Liam asked, licking dry lips and fighting to ignore the images of Max and Alex, naked and glistening with sweat, that were taking over his mind.

"You're going to meet him in Gregory's place," Deborah said, putting her hand over Liam's. "There is a building where the two of them meet. If we send you, it could confuse him."

"What if it angers him?" Liam asked, smiling at the warmth of Deborah's hand on his.

"We actually believe that he'd be intrigued by you," Gregory said. "You really are like no other he's seen."

Frightened by the idea of Max's interest, Liam shivered, his heart beginning to race. What would be the consequence of more attention to himself for one such as Max? The murders that he had become aware of had changed his attitude. No longer did he believe that Maximillian was a good person. He had seen the results of Max's work, and it sickened him. The nightly visions of him naked in Alex's arms were overlaid with the metallic tang of blood and spoiled meat. Absently, he wondered if the sight of Max would arouse him now that he knew what evil he could cause.

Taking a deep breath, he nodded. "Okay," he said softly. "Tell me what you want me to say and I will try my best."

hr

Max tapped his foot impatiently and looked at his watch. Gregory always did this, kept him waiting - as if he thought he were God himself. But Max couldn't give up the chance to take a dig at Gregory about the lack of success he and his kind were having in solving the murders. That thought brought a smile to Max's face, and he relaxed against a post, casually folding his arms in front of his chest as he waited.

The slight figure of the blond young man approaching made Max raise his eyebrows as he watched Liam wind his way past empty desks to where he was standing. Temporarily taken aback, he didn't at first speak, and Liam came to stand in front of him, his face showing a strain of anticipation that told Max that he wasn't expecting their meeting to be pleasant.

Smiling gently at Liam, Max held out his hand. "Liam, I'm so pleased to see you; you never visit anymore. Alex is always asking after you. Now I'll be able to tell him how utterly gorgeous you look. It appears that your corporeal existence agrees with you." Shaking his hand, he clapped Liam on the shoulder.

"Thank...thank you," Liam said softly.

"So, can I ask why you're here? Where's Gregory?"

"Gregory couldn't make it."

Max laughed softly and slid his arm around Liam's shoulders. "I figured out that much, you know," he whispered into the young man's ear. "I was sort of hoping that you came here because you wanted to see me and Alex again."

The blush that colored Liam's features stained his cheeks as dark as wine. He shot Max a frightened, fascinated glance, as if he believed that Max could see through him to the desires that he had concealed from the others.

"Of course I... that is..." He fell silent, miserably aware of how tongue-tied and foolish he sounded. "How is Alex?" he asked, desperately clinging to social forms to cover his confusion.

"He's very well, thank you for asking," Max smiled, his hand now gently caressing the back of Liam's neck. "He'll be even better if he gets to see you again. Please tell me you'll come back to my place with me and make his day. We really haven't been able to think about anything else since we saw you. You are such a beautiful boy, do you know that?"

And there it was, couched in terms that he could not ignore, however he responded. He swallowed, feeling desire flood his groin at the thought of what he would really be agreeing to.

"I... don't know," he whispered. "I shouldn't. It's wrong in the sight of God." Shaking his head, he lowered his eyes so that Max couldn't see the disappointment and hopeless longing that he knew was there.

"Aww, you shouldn't let a little thing like that get in the way of visiting with friends," Max purred, brushing his lips against Liam's cheek. "It couldn't be all that bad for you to be with us, if Gregory sent you in his place." He smiled and slid his hand down to the small of Liam's back, guiding him towards the exit. "I'm still dying to know what that's all about, by the way. Do you feel like telling me over a glass of wine?"

"Wine? I don't know if I've had wine yet. Will I like it?" Liam's innocent blue eyes were wide and disarming, his smile tentative. He had felt the light touch of Max's mouth like a brand on his skin, and already the troublesome organ he battled with nightly was demonstrating interest, telling him urgently that something should be done to acknowledge its need. He began to walk with Max, conscious on a cellular level of the fingers massaging the area at the base of his spine, and wishing above everything that he were mortal, not angel, and could find a mate - although he was sure that if he did, it would be a man that he sought for his mate, rather than a woman, with her soft and rounded form.

"I think you'll love it," Max said, voice as soft and soothing as velvet as he ushered Liam into a waiting limo. "I bet you've never been in a limousine, either. I'm telling you," he smiled and sat as close to Liam as he could, "there's no better way to travel."

Liam was sweating gently as he sat in the huge, black car that seemed somehow alive. The driver was wearing black leather, and he turned to greet his passengers with a flash of white teeth and a husky welcome. It was Alex.

As Liam saw him, he blushed deeply, his face burning as Alex smiled a greeting.

Max grinned from his seat and reached through the partition to pull Alex closer. "Look who came to greet me instead of Gregory," he said, winking at Liam then leaning in to give Alex a slow, almost obscene kiss as the young man looked on.

Watching tongues caress, mouths sliding juicily against each other, Liam felt his own breath shorten. When their kisses were done, he felt almost cheated as Alex turned back to start the car without any further comment.

The car cut through traffic as though it were in its own dimension, and soon drew up at the front door of a condo that was different from the one where Liam had visited Max before. As Alex hopped out of the car and came around to open the door for his passengers, Liam felt a little apprehensive.

"I promise, we're only going to talk," Max said, squeezing Liam's knee before getting out of the vehicle and putting out his hand to his young guest. When he hesitated, Max gave Alex a knowing nod. "Maybe he'll feel more secure if you reassure him." Turning back to Liam, he smiled and stepped back. "Would that make you feel better, Liam? I have a feeling you like Alex a little more than you like me."

"I… uh…" The blush that now suffused Liam's cheeks was virtually incandescent. "I don't… I mean…" Angels couldn't lie. He made a mental note to find out how to circumvent that ruling as soon as possible. He didn't want to go against the word of God, but he didn't want to cause pain to Max either, and despite what Gregory had said and what he had seen of the murders, Liam could tell for himself that Max was a sweet, gentle being. He was simply misunderstood and had made the mistake of falling for another man. "I think you're both wonderful," he whispered, turning his face away quickly.

The laugh that escaped Max's lips wasn't mocking but rather surprised. "Did you hear that, Alex?" he said, a genuine smile lighting his features. "Someone on the other side actually thinks I'm wonderful." He gave Liam a steady look then nodded slightly. "Thank you, Liam."

There was a wordless moment as Liam attempted to get his flaming countenance and his raging erection under control enough to exit the car without shaming both himself and his superiors. He knew that Gregory was depending on him to make some sort of gain for his side, and he was terrified that he would let them all down.

"I don't think you should be penalized for loving a man instead of a woman," he blurted.

Max tilted his head, studying the young innocent in front of him with a great deal of interest. "I thank you again, Liam, but I'm sure your caretakers would blanch at hearing you say something like that." He stepped closer and cupped the side of Liam's face. "I bet they don't even let you talk about anything resembling sex, do they?"

"It… we aren't supposed to allow sex to happen. We are angels, not mortals." Liam frowned, dredging up the words he had heard so frequently over the past few days. "But I don't know why God would give us the pleasure he does if he didn't intend for us to know it and praise him for it."

"I know exactly what you mean," Max said, moving his arm around Liam's shoulders and leading him into the building. "That's precisely the kind of thing I would bring up and be chastised for. It eventually led to my downfall, but, honestly, why was it so wrong for me to question things?" He looked over his shoulder at Alex, who was following them closely as they made their way to the elevator. "Bureaucrats are the same everywhere, aren't they, babe?"

"You got that right," said Alex, smiling widely as he crowded Liam into the elevator, hot breath on his neck and toned body pressing against his back. "Max is more than you could possibly imagine in all of your dreams, Liam. He's wonderful." He pushed the button that sent the elevator hurtling to the penthouse. "He's got bad press, but he's just doing a job, and a very unpleasant one at that. The Creator sent him to do it, and he does it well. He's not an evil person. He's just doing his job, same as we all are."

"I...I never thought of it that way," Liam said, swallowing against the lump in his throat at the closeness of the two men. "I suppose that God has a plan for all of us, and, really, Maximillian is only doing what God wants. Isn't he? Even the killings. Death is all part of our Father's plan, and Max is doing that, right?"

"I think that he's a part of God's plan, yes. How could he not be? You and I? We are all part of it. Max has many trials. He hates the job he has to do." Alex's eyes seemed to compel belief, so large and brilliant they were. "I count it a blessing that I was sent to help him. I… I love him."

"I know. I can tell you do." Liam spoke breathlessly as he breathed a sigh of relief. Perhaps he would be able to discuss what was bothering him, and then, maybe it would cease to bother him. "I wish that there were a reason why one man and another man could not be lovers. It seems so arbitrary to me."

"I think the party line has to do with having sex in order to have children," Max sighed, "but that's some archaic rule created to ensure the survival of the Hebrew people." He frowned then cracked a smile. "I'm not going to get on my soap box, but suffice it to say, I enjoy the company of men as well as women." Reaching for Alex, he put his arms around him and kissed him tenderly. "I'm very lucky to have Alex in my life. I believe him when he says he loves me, and I hope he believes me when I say I feel the same way."

"But I thought demons were incapable of real love," Liam said then quickly clamped his hand over his mouth.

"It's all right, sweet thing," Max laughed. "You're not the first to say that."

"Strictly speaking, Maximillian isn't a demon," Alex pointed out. "He's an angel; aren't you, my love?"

"I don't understand." Liam was frowning now. "An angel is a creature sent from the Lord to make the lives of mortals richer. How can the things that you do, the murders that are happening at present, be part of the Lord's design?"

"No one can live forever, can they?" Max winked and took Alex's hand as they exited the elevator. "I'm doing God's dirty work, young Liam," he said, grandly opening the door to his penthouse. "You're doing the good stuff and you have better PR."

"But isn't a fallen angel the same thing as a demon?"

"How about that wine?" Max asked, kissing Alex's cheek and deliberately ignoring the question. "Alex, love, I was telling Liam how nice wine is. Would you mind getting us some?"

"You got it, big guy." Alex gave a mocking bow and sauntered off to a corner where he could be seen to do things to a dust covered bottle.

"Try this?" Alex had reappeared before Liam without him noticing. In one hand he held a goblet of rare glasswork, and in the other a bottle that was crusted with grime. "It's a fine vintage - one that Max has been saving for a special occasion." He handed Liam the glass and began to pour the rich, red liquid into it. "I know he thinks that you will understand, but please, Liam, try to keep an open mind for him?"

Liam's hand shook as he held the glass, his eyes darting between the wine and Alex's face. "I'm... All I want to do is to know things. I think that means I have a very open mind."

Max dipped his finger into the red liquid and spread it over Liam's lips. "What sorts of things do you want to know?" Max murmured, licking his finger clean.

The taste of the wine seemed to make Liam's head swim. He licked his lips, and shivered at the flavor that stung his tongue. "Why do you have to murder all those young men?" he demanded. "They didn't deserve the horrible things that have happened to them." He bent his head to sip the wine he had been given, and it was apparent that he was finding coherence difficult. "Please can't you stop them? I would like it so much if you did."

"Would you really?" Max asked, taking Liam's arm and leading him over to the sofa. "If I *were* responsible for those deaths, and I'm not saying I am, I'd love for you to tell me how much you'd like me to stop them."

Liam sat down, nose still in the glass, a contented smile on his face as he slowly looked up at the two men. "I feel...floaty."

Max took the glass and sipped some of the wine then handed it to Alex. "You do?" He sat down next to Liam and slipped an arm around his shoulders. "I think you're drunk, sweet boy."

"Drunk?" Liam's brow furrowed as he examined the concept. "It's kind of nice. Is it bad? Nobody has mentioned it to me."

"It can be bad," grinned Alex. "For a start, you feel really rotten when it starts to wear off, if you have too much." He paused, walking to stand behind Liam so that the new angel had to crane his head to look at him. "The other thing it does, and you really need to be wary of it, is to get rid of all your inhibitions and make it easy to do things you know you shouldn't."

As Liam digested this information, Alex bent down and pressed his lips to Liam's, forcing them open with his tongue and invading his mouth as he began to explore it.

Liam gasped, hand instinctively rising to hold Alex's head steady as he returned the kiss. Then, as if it had suddenly occurred to him that he shouldn't be kissing Alex, Liam abruptly pulled back.

"I...I'm not supposed to do that," he whispered.

"But it felt good, didn't it?" Max asked as he kissed Liam's ear, grinning when the young man shivered. "It's okay to do something if it feels good, Liam." Max leaned back and raised his face to Alex for a kiss. "We do it all the time, don't we, love?"

"We sure do," smiled Alex, his saturnine features intent as he drew slowly back from Liam, leaving the new angel sitting, gasping. "Just imagine feeling a kiss like that on your dick, little angel. What would you do?" He ruffled Liam's hair and crossed over to find the wine bottle, pouring himself more wine and raising it to Liam in a toast. "Here's to feeling good. Wouldn't you like to know just how good I could make you feel?"

Liam didn't answer; he couldn't. All he could do was sit and pant as he attempted to get his body parts back under his own control.

"What's the matter, kid?" Max murmured as he stroked Liam's thick, blond hair. "You look a little ill."

"I'm not ill," Liam said hoarsely. "I'm only wondering... Have you... Do you ever...get excited at night?"

"Excited? You mean like a hard on?" Max grinned at the shy nod. "Yeah, I pretty much get hard all the time, but if I'm alone, I just jerk off. I bet you've never done that, though. You being a good angel and all," he winked.

The color that stained Liam's cheeks told its own tale. Alex winked at Max and sauntered over to sit beside Liam, so close that Liam shifted uneasily, wondering what these two unpredictable beings might do to him. "I did," he whispered, miserably. "They said it was wrong, but I did it anyway. I have to or it seems to do it on its own while I sleep." He shivered at the remembered thrill of his nocturnal pleasures. "I wish that it would stop. I can't handle it. They never told me how it would feel to occupy a mortal body."

"It's one of the best features," grinned Alex. "Want me to show you? If you've never had a blow job, you've never lived."

"I can't," Liam said unconvincingly, knowing that the battle with his body was lost. "I don't want that."

Max eyed the telltale bulge in Liam's jeans and gently placed his hand over it. "It's all right if you do want it," he whispered, "but if you choose to change your mind, that's all right, too. It's all up to you."

"You...you shouldn't touch me like that," Liam gasped then looked at Alex. "And you shouldn't offer me such things."

"Of course he should. Lighten up and consider. Why would the creator give you the facility to feel that way if you weren't meant to have it?" Alex licked his lips and smiled a knowing smile that made Liam shiver all over again.

Max was still caressing Liam gently as the conversation continued, and Liam knew that in a moment the sensations would tip him over the edge. Finally he placed a hand on Max's wrist.

"Please don't," he whispered. "I'm trying to be good. I am just trying to stop people getting killed."

"That's because you are a truly lovely boy," Max sighed and removed his hand. "I, however, am not that lovely. I'll tell you what, sweet thing; I'll make you a deal. Would you like that?"

"I don't know," Liam said, licking his lips and trying to make his mind focus on something other than how good it felt to have Max touching him. "What kind of deal would it be?"

"Let's say I know something about these murders. Would you be willing to do a few bad things in order to ensure no one else got hurt?"

"What kind of bad things?" Liam felt as though he were struggling through quicksand. The drink had clouded his thoughts, and now images of what Alex had offered were rising up within his inner eyes, sending tingles of lust through him that were not dispersing in the slightest even though Max had withdrawn his probing fingers.

"Not terribly bad things, little angel," whispered Alex. "Just some fun-type bad things. You'll love them." His breath tickled Liam's ear, and Liam suddenly came, spurting his juices out into his underwear with a gasp.

"Oh, baby, you are too precious!" Max laughed, hugging the red-faced young man to him.

"I'm so ashamed," Liam sniffed, leaning into the warm embrace. "I'm so weak, I don't know why they sent me here."

"Hush, sweetheart," Max soothed, "you're not weak and you have nothing to be ashamed of. What just happened is perfectly natural for a human man, and that's exactly what you are now." He eased back and took Liam's face between his hands. "You're a man, sweet Liam, and you deserve to experience all the pleasures that come with that. Alex and I would love to be a part of that. And just think of the wonderful progress you can tell Gregory you made with your little investigation. I know they sent you here because they thought your beauty would make me weak and give them what they want. Instead, I'm going to give you what *you* want. If a few people end up not suffering because of it, everyone comes out a winner, don't you think?"

"Will you stop the killing? I can't do anything at all if you won't stop that." Liam was earnest now, even stern. "I will offer myself if you can promise me that the murders will cease."

Laughing softly, Alex patted Liam's cheek. "You go, boy. Make him promise. You'll never regret it."

"Well?" Liam asked, mouth set in a firm line as he looked at Max with a hint of defiance in his eyes. "Do you promise?"

"Do you have any idea how sexy you are right now?" Max said, lips curling into a triumphant smile as he took in the serious face. "You really know how to get what you want and I respect that. Yes, I promise that the murders will stop as long as you let us show you the kinds of things you've been dreaming about. I can couch it in terms that make it look like I'm forcing you to be dirty and perverted," he grinned, "even though we all know what the truth is."

"We do?"

Max nodded and leaned in to trail his tongue over Liam's bottom lip, chuckling at the soft whimper it elicited. "Off the record, you want this as much as we do. On the record, we're going to use you in exchange for stopping the murders. If anyone finds out, you can appear to be making a grand and noble sacrifice for mankind. No one has to know you're actually getting something out of it."

"But I…" Liam hung his head as if to look them in the eyes would be too much for him. He didn't speak for several minutes, and Alex, never fond of sitting still, was stirring restlessly as they waited. Finally, Liam looked up, and there was a smile on his face. "Very well. For the greater good, I will embrace the lesser evil," he said. "You will stop the murders, and I will come to you for one evening a week."

"Yes, sir," Max grinned, bending his head to kiss the corner of Liam's mouth. "You won't be sorry."

"And I get to choose the evening," Liam continued, eyes closed as he fought the rising need to kiss the mouth that was teasing him.

"Um, no, you won't be doing that," Max chuckled, "but I give you points for trying. You'll come here every Sunday, and, now that I think about it, you'll be here for the whole day."

"But Sunday is the Lord's Day. Why do you choose such a day?" Liam's voice had grown stronger, and he rose to his feet to stop himself from reaching to pull one or other of the beings to him. "And you are paying too little for a whole day. What else are you prepared to offer me?"

Alex had listened with a sardonic grin on his face, and now he started to laugh, applauding softly as he heard Liam. "Oh, yeah, baby angel. You stick it to him. He loves that!"

Max reached across Liam to take hold of Alex's hand, giving him a wink before letting go and turning his attention back to the young angel.

"I thought my reasons for picking Sundays would be obvious, little boy." There was a menacing tone to his voice as he took Liam's chin in his hand, thumb playing over his bottom lip. "You're going to be doing God's work on that day, aren't you? Saving his precious children and all that shit. What better way to serve the Lord than making such a supreme sacrifice on his day?" He let go and moved his hand down to rest on Liam's thigh, his fingers slowly rubbing the denim beneath them. "As for what else I'm going to offer, I think what I have on the table is enough. No more death."

"I know what you could do," said Liam, shifting uneasily in his soiled pants. "I know you could step up the killing and claim that it was my fault, but I don't want to lay the burden of that sin on you." He could feel his unruly organ growing again, sliding against the slimy fabric that pressed against it, and moved closer to Max, as if offering himself. "I will come to you for six hours. That should be sufficient for you. You, in your turn will let the mortals go, I hope."

Max rose to his feet and Liam stood with him, as if entranced. "I always keep my word," Max whispered, grasping Liam's hips and roughly pulling him as close as possible. "You'll see, sweet thing," he smiled and pushed his hips forward, "there'll be no more killing and everyone will think you're some kind of hero."

"I do not wish to be a hero," Liam choked, the heat and friction against his groin making him weak in the knees.

"Of course not, you sweet humble kid." Max crushed his mouth to Liam's, kissing him as slowly and obscenely as he'd kissed Alex. His fingers made short work of the jeans' buttons and soon his hand was inside the sticky briefs, slowly stroking Liam's erection to complete hardness.

This time, Liam let Max have his way, melting against the caresses as though his knees were failing him. Alex rose to his feet and stalked to stand behind him, slowly lowering himself to his knees to bury his face between the cheeks of Liam's ass.

Without even realizing how it happened, Liam found himself naked, his slim body exposed to the two that were teasing him. Half fainting, he allowed Max's arms to support him as Alex nipped and bit at his buttocks, parting them to lick at the opening they concealed.

"I can't..." Liam gasped breathlessly, leaning against the warmth of Max's suddenly naked body.

"You have to, baby," Max smiled, his own cock swelling as he spoke. "It doesn't have to be right now, but soon. Alex is just helping himself to one of his favorite things."

"He's not...going to..." Liam shook his head, the effort to speak in the midst of so much sensation an impossible task.

"You're not getting fucked today," Max chuckled. "We're just going to get you good and worked up and then send you on your way. Nothing like ensuring you need to come back for more."

Max noted the flicker of disappointment that chased itself across Liam's face as he held Liam steady. Laughter vibrated against Liam's throat as he permitted Max to browse on his skin. Liam said nothing, merely spreading himself wide to permit the two to do as they wished. Max was still stroking the new angel's now hugely distended penis as Alex licked and sucked at the sensitive flesh between his buttocks, his fingers creeping between the sturdy thighs to cup and stroke Liam's balls.

"Can I suck him, Max? Can I taste, please?" Alex's voice was sudden, making Liam jump as he heard what was said. He wasn't sure if he was ready to feel what was being discussed or not, but his cock was sure it wanted it. It let loose a strand of pre-come that drooled as he heard the words.

"Oh, darling, you know I can't refuse you anything," Max purred, gripping Liam by the shoulders and turning him to face Alex. "Help yourself, my love. I love it when you're happy." He nibbled on Liam's ear as he raked his nails over the smooth skin of his torso. "You're going to love this, sweet boy."

Liam turned in a daze. He felt Max's arms support him as Alex ran his hands over his thighs, thumbs tantalizing his cock before skittering away. Liam could feel Alex's hot breath on his cockhead, and the agony of waiting was almost too much for him. He groaned, and Alex chuckled, licking the tip of the rosy penis that seemed to be reaching for him. Liam began to beg, pushing his hips forward as Alex continued to taunt him. He was not prepared for Alex to suck him into his mouth all of a sudden, and the cry he gave was harsh as he called on God to aid him. That made both Alex and Max laugh out loud.

"I love this kid," Max said as he hugged Liam's trembling body closer to him, "I really do. Don't you love this, baby?" he murmured into Liam's ear, breath hot and harsh against the sensitive skin. "I know I'm getting a kick out of it." To punctuate his words, he began rubbing his erection against Liam's backside. "By the way, you have got a perfect ass," he chuckled. "I'm not sure if we'll be able to wait, now."

Liam heard Max's smoky voice through a haze of lust. All his thoughts were on the knowing mouth that had enveloped him, and the hands that teased him in places that made him shudder. He was already feeling the sensations build inside him, this time at the instigation of another, and the very fact that he didn't know what was going to happen next heightened his excitement until he was utterly unable to think of anything but Alex, and Alex's mouth, his tongue, and the motion of it over his most sensitive flesh. Moaning, he let them do whatever they wanted.

"He's going to come any second now," Max said to Alex, his hand caressing Liam's stomach before moving down to touch Alex's face. "You're giving him everything he could ask for." With a gentle kiss to the back of Liam's neck, Max let go and got on his knees beside Alex. He looked up at Liam, beaming. "I want your come just as much as he does."

The words filled Liam's head, echoing through his shivering body and driving his entire being into the state of no return. As Max lent his efforts to Alex's, Liam could no longer hold back, and his explosive orgasm hit, rocking him as he felt the tide of ejaculate pour from him, to be lapped up by his greedy lovers.

It seemed as though he would never finish; wave after wave of pleasure flooded his groin, radiated through him until he thought that he would lose consciousness.

When he was done at last, he slowly dropped to his knees, his heart pounding as he attempted to get his breathing under control. Alex put his arms around the new angel, supporting him, and saying, "You taste so good, baby angel. I want more. What do you say?"

"I...don't know if...I can..." Liam smiled helplessly, looking from one to the other before giving in and relaxing completely against Alex. "That was... Incredible doesn't even begin to do it justice."

"Isn't my Alex amazing?" Max asked, licking a stray drop of come from the corner of Alex's mouth. "Just wait until he makes love to you. You may never want to leave us."

Liam's face fell and he buried his face against Alex's neck. "Dear God, forgive me. I'm not supposed to be enjoying this. It's wrong and I should be repulsed by all of this, but... I only want more," he whispered.

"I think it's safe to say that you will get as much of it as you want, baby angel." Alex laughed softly, and assisted Liam to rise to his feet, still sagging against him. "I can't wait to find out what it feels like to fuck you, little boy. You're so tender, so exhilarating, I bet I'll come harder than ever in my life." He winked at Max as he spoke. "Although not, of course, in my death."

"Of course not," Max smirked as he rose to his feet so Liam was pressed between them. "It's physically impossible for anyone here to please you more than I do," he said, stroking the side of Alex's face, "but I know that our little angel will come very close."

"I don't know..." Liam leaned heavily against Max, seemingly exhausted from his recent exertions. "I know nothing about any of it. The two of you will be too much for me."

"Aww," Max soothed, placing a gentle kiss on Liam's mouth, "we're not going to bombard you all at once, my sweet. You can think of this as a series of lessons, if you like. Each week will get you a little closer to the ultimate act of love."

"Every Sunday, I'll bring the limo for you, and you'll come back here to Max's place. He'll teach you everything you ever need to know about love. Love and sex are the very reason for existing, you know?" Alex pressed Liam into Max's arms and went to gather the young angel's clothing. "I can't imagine why it's forbidden to the angels. How could you possibly understand mortals without knowing what drives them?"

"I… I don't know." Liam's voice was dreamy and sated. "I will ask Gregory for you if you like."

"Perhaps you shouldn't," Max said softly as he nibbled on Liam's ear. "You don't want to bring any attention to your...carnal desires, do you?"

"But I do want to know," Liam smiled as Max's tongue tickled the inside of his ear. "Just this little taste has helped me understand how it could motivate some of the things humans do to one another."

"Hmm." Max raised his head and narrowed his eyes at Alex. "What do you think, love? Should he ask the great and powerful Gregory why angels can't get it on?"

"Yeah," said Alex, after a moment's thought. "You know what I think? I think he'll blow you off. I think he'll get angry too, because that's the sort of perceptive question that it probably hasn't ever occurred to him to ask for himself." Alex held out Liam's clothes to him. "Here you are. You might want to rinse out the undies. They're a bit sticky."

Taking his clothing, Liam stood in Max's embrace, thinking hard. "Well, I believe that I will ask him. I wish to know. It's an important thing."

"You are such a wise boy," Max said, grabbing Liam's soiled underwear and tossing it carelessly across the room. "You'll have to tell me what Gregory's reaction is. I love the idea of his holy feathers getting ruffled." He grinned and presented Liam with an identical pair of clean shorts. "For you, my little angel; the first gift of many. I promise the rest won't be quite so practical."

"Thank you," whispered Liam, his eyes wide once again at the ease with which Max had effected the change. "You are a powerful angel. Won't you come to the side of the Lord? I would so love to have you on my side."

Max gazed into Liam's eyes and touched his cheek with such tenderness, any onlooker would have thought them longtime lovers. "If you were to be my prize for finding my way, sweet Liam, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But you know that there are far too many things I would have to give up, and I'm not ready to do that. I don't think I ever will be." He sighed and took a step back in order to allow Liam to get dressed. "In the meantime, I'll settle for having you on our side once a week."

hr

The dark skinned being sitting behind the desk looked up and smiled as his new recruit tapped on his open door.

"Liam, how good to see you. Come in. I've been meaning to have a conversation with you, but somehow there's always something that pops up to short circuit my good intentions." Gregory beckoned Liam over to a chair and leant forward on his hands to survey him. "Tell me, how do you like your mortal form? The world can be a little too much at first. Are you coping all right?"

Liam took his seat, smiling warily at Gregory. Ever since their first meeting, he'd been intimidated by the archangel he'd heard so much about before his descent to Earth. Now that his heart held a secret he could never share with any of his kind, he found it more difficult to face the grand being. Still, with hands clenched, he nodded his head and brightened his smile.

"I am coping as well as can be expected, I think," he finally said. "Considering there is so much sensation in the world for me to experience. I feel as if I want everything all at once, but I know that is not right."

"Sensation is a joy and a trial. You do well to be wary of feeling too much, too soon, Liam. I see that you are very wise despite your inexperience." Gregory smiled at the young man who was so angelically fair. "You will go far in the service of mankind. I am very proud to call you a member of my team." There was a moment when neither man spoke, and then Gregory smiled again, his stern face lighting up as he looked at the new recruit. "Take things slowly. Don't fall into the trap of gluttony, my friend. Enjoy what you feel but sparingly."

Looking down at his hands, Liam nodded again. "Yes, of course. I wouldn't ever think of doing anything else." He took a deep breath, throat suddenly tight as he thought about asking the question that had been troubling him ever since he left Max and Alex.

"Gregory, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Liam. You can ask me anything, and if it's within my power, I'll try to answer. Is something troubling you?" Gregory's brow furrowed as he studied Liam, noting the faint lines of strain around the young man's eyes.

"I...I was wondering about... It's a question that I feel I cannot ask Deborah or Joshua because I feel as if they do not know the answer themselves." He raised his eyes to meet the deep brown ones that were watching him so closely. "It's about...the pleasures the human body contains," he said softly.

"The body is capable of many pleasures. I believe that you discovered ice cream fairly early." Gregory laughed as he spoke. "I recall my first introduction to it. I thought that I had returned to heaven. Mortals are very lucky in many respects. They are truly God's children, and we are privileged to walk among them."

"Yes, we are," Liam said, licking his lips nervously. "I would love to understand them more than I do, but I can't help thinking that we are missing out on a vital source of understanding."

"You think so?" Gregory frowned as he bent his keen gaze on Liam. "What might that be? Is there anything we can do to remedy the situation? I am always willing to attempt to further our mission here on earth."

Gregory's interest gave Liam a little more confidence, and he sat up, eyes wide. "I have noticed that mortals have an extreme interest in other sorts of pleasures," he said carefully. "It seems to me that if we could understand what is so wonderful about them, we would know what motivates them to do the things they do." His enthusiasm began to get the better of him as he continued. "I know that making love is only supposed to be done for procreation, but humans use it for everything, it would seem. It makes no sense for us to not understand such a huge part of being human."

"The act of sex is one of the most sacred. You are suggesting that we all indulge in it so that we can understand the human race?" Gregory's face had become stern. "That's absolutely impossible. It's against what we are taught."

Liam's face fell and he sank back in the chair. "But it isn't really impossible, is it? If God thought it was so wrong, He wouldn't have given us bodies that are capable of feeling so much, would He? Haven't you ever wondered what it would feel like to be so close to someone you care about?"

"We are angels, Liam," said Gregory, softly. "It's not for us to pick out a single being to favor. Our love must be for the whole of mankind and not just for one individual. To choose favorites that way would be the most terribly wrong thing we could do." Gregory rose to his feet and came around the desk to stand by Liam, laying a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You are young yet, and it's all new to you, but you will come to realize how wise it is to remain caring but aloof from the lure of sex."

The touch sent sparks through Liam, and he managed to suppress a shiver as the warmth of Gregory's hand made him forget everything that his superior was trying to tell him.

"But it feels so good, Gregory," Liam whispered, touching his cheek to Gregory's hand.

Snatching his hand away as if it had been burned, Gregory stood frowning down on Liam. "You must fight the desire. It's not a thing we are permitted. Your love is for the whole of humankind, and angels may not mate with mortals. God forbids it."

"But why?" Liam asked, looking up at Gregory pleadingly. "I've always known that it was a rule, but that was before I came down here and saw for myself that humans are such wonderful creatures. Their bodies were made by Him, and that means He gave them the ability to feel such amazing things." He reached to clasp Gregory's hand between his. "Haven't you ever been tempted? Even if it wasn't by a human, haven't you wanted to touch your mouth to another angel's just to see what it's like?"

"Liam, it is forbidden. I want to hear nothing further." Gregory's face was darker than ever, suffused with an anger that was most un-angelic. "The angels operate under my will, and I do the will of God. You may not question it, and you certainly may not argue with it."

Liam let go of Gregory's hand as if he'd been slapped, and the color drained from his face as he beheld the wrath before him. Tears sprang to his eyes and he bolted from his seat.

"I don't understand why I'm not allowed to question anything," he said, voice louder than he'd ever heard it before. "No one has given me a good reason to blindly follow. We are told that God never does anything without a reason, yet you are telling me to obey without explaining our rules to me. You are not better than God, Gregory!"

He was breathless as he finished and he realized he'd been yelling. Shame flooded through him and he lowered his head. "I only want answers to my questions," he said meekly. "I do not believe there is anything wrong with wanting to understand."

"I've explained it to you. There is nothing else to understand." Gregory's voice was soft, but there was still anger there, and Liam was aware of it as he listened to his boss. "We are charged with the safety and health of the human race. We are charged with protecting them, serving them, loving them all, equally and perfectly. Does that make sense to you so far?" As Liam nodded and made as if to speak, Gregory raised a hand to cut him off. "I have not yet finished. My question to you is, if you form a relationship with one other individual, whether it be mortal or angel, how can you give that equal, perfect love to the others? It would no longer be possible for you to do so."

"I can love everyone," Liam said, mouth set in a determined line. "What if I can love one person in that special way yet still have my heart open to everyone else? Isn't that what we ask of humankind?" He took a tentative step closer to Gregory and lowered his voice. "There must be someone you've wanted, Gregory. You are just as human as I am."

For a moment, Gregory looked stricken, his features twisted in anguish that seemed to make him look smaller and somehow defenseless. It was quickly past, and the smooth brown face was once again impassive. "It's forbidden, Liam. Let's not speak of it again."

Liam frowned, sure that he would have gotten some kind of answer from Gregory had the angel not shut down before his eyes.

"Very well," he said softly. "I won't seek any more answers from you about anything. You've made it very clear that my questions aren't welcome." With that, he turned on his heel and walked out, confusion and anger warring inside him.

Gregory watched him go, ashen faced, aware that he had made a serious error but unable at that moment to think of any way to recover. As he heard Liam slam the door, he sighed heavily.

hr

Angry and hurt that he had been blown off in such a fashion, Liam didn't know what to do. He wanted to yell and shout, but knew there was no point. He flung himself out onto the street and began to walk, not aiming to go anywhere but needing to work off his rage.

The world was a blur of color and motion. Traffic sounds filled his ears and smells of baking bagels assailed his senses as he stomped blindly on. When finally he came to a halt and looked around him, he found himself standing directly outside Max's condo.

Before he could press the buzzer to announce himself, the front door opened. Swallowing hard, he hesitated for a moment before stepping inside.

Max grinned from his place lounging on the sofa. He'd immediately sensed his young visitor's presence and had sent for some vanilla ice cream to welcome his guest.

"Guess who's on his way up?" he said to Alex, stretching like a pampered cat before beginning to unbutton his shirt.

"Someone entertaining, I hope," murmured Alex, who was lounging on the couch with his feet up, channel surfing as he observed the different chambers of hell. "I'm kind of tired of watching this shit. I could use a diversion or two." He turned expectantly to the door, anticipation on his face as he waited to see who might come through. As he saw the door open and Liam step into the room, his eyebrows rose.

"Liam, welcome," he murmured, huskily. "It's wonderful to see you."

"I'm not exactly sure why I'm here," Liam said, looking around warily.

"You're here because you wanted our company," Max said, getting up and crossing over to Liam. "How are you, kid?"

"I'm okay, I guess," he said with a shrug.

"Bullshit," Max grinned. "If you were okay, you wouldn't be here when it isn't even Sunday. What happened?"

"Nothing, that's what happened." Liam's face was flushed, and he was plainly agitated. "I asked Gregory about the sex thing, and he blew me off with a bunch of crap about loving everyone equally. The asshole doesn't know the answer. Not only that, but I can tell that he wants someone. You should have seen his face." Liam shifted restlessly. "I don't mind following orders, but I want them to make sense. Arbitrary demands don't seem very productive to me."

Max looked at Liam, eyes wide with shock. "My, my, my," he said, a smile creeping across his face. "It sounds to me like Gregory isn't being very fair to our little angel, Alex. What do you think we should do to ease his stress?"

"Massage is always a good stress reliever," said Alex, rising fluidly to his feet to go and guide Liam back to where Max was sitting. "Just leave it to your old Uncle Alex to make you feel better, little angel." He pressed Liam down into the seat beside Max and clambered up behind to start working Liam's taut shoulders, massaging and stroking as he knelt there.

For a few moments, nobody spoke, but then Liam gave a great sigh. "Oh, that's so nice. Thank you for helping me to feel better. I must work on keeping my temper. I know that it's a sin to lose it."

"Everyone loses their temper at one time or another," Max smiled, kneeling on the floor in front of Liam and gently pushing his knees apart. "I think it's a very good sign."

"You do?" Liam sighed, barely aware that Max's hands were creeping up his shins to rest on his knees.

"I really do. It means you're a very passionate creature," Max murmured as his fingers brushed along the insides of Liam's thighs. "If there's anything I love more than passion, I don't know what it is." He gazed up at Alex, an adoring smile on his face as he looked at his lover. "That's what I love about Alex."

"What do you mean? Alex seems so calm." Liam was sitting with his eyes closed as Alex worked on his tense shoulder muscles, and he sighed as strong thumbs dug into his trapeziums. "He's a really fantastic masseur as well. What doesn't he do well?"

"Wait," said Alex, with a snort of laughter. "I don't wait very well at all."

"But patience is a virtue," Liam said, head lolling back as he relaxed, "and you seem to be very patient to me."

"Aww," Max chuckled, "I think our little angel just called you virtuous, lover. How does that make you feel?"

Alex didn't answer; he merely bent forward to plant his lips on Liam's, making him gasp as his mouth opened, seemingly of its own accord to permit Alex's tongue inside. Liam seemed to be content to lie without protest, cradled by Alex's body as Max stroked his thighs. When Alex drew back once more, Liam didn't say anything, but his eyes were cloudy as he gazed up at Alex, and he spread his legs wider.

Taking that as his cue, Max leant in and pressed his face against the noticeable bulge between Liam's legs, scraping his lips against the rough denim as he began to lick and mouth him through his jeans.

Murmuring contentedly, Liam reached up to pull Alex down for another kiss. There wasn't the panicked excitement that he'd felt the last time. This time he felt a gnawing hunger awakening inside of him coupled with a sense of entitlement.

"You catch on fast, baby angel," murmured Alex between nibbling kisses. "You and I will be good for Max. One of us can fuck him, and the other can get fucked. I know that he'd like that." As Liam gasped again, a little shocked despite his aroused state, Alex took his mouth in a sloppy, passionate kiss, forcing his tongue as far in as it would go. Liam clutched at Alex's hair, and lifted his ass a little in unmistakable invitation to Max.

Max wasted little time in unfastening the buttons of Liam's jeans, and he growled deep in his throat as he wrapped his fingers around the rosy-tipped erection. "I love this," he said as he sucked it into his mouth.

Liam bucked his hips, groaning against Alex's lips. "Alex...I want..." He paused to wriggle out of his jeans as Max tugged insistently at them. Once he was naked from the waist down, he looked up at Alex and whimpered softly. "It feels...so good... I want to... May I touch yours?"

"Well, now, I think that can be arranged." Alex left his rhythmic massage of the young angel's shoulders, and began to unzip his own jeans. "I'm pretty sure that you can touch Max's too, if you like." Alex let his cock fall free of his fly to bob beside Liam's ear, purple brown and hard. "Your wish is my command."

A shiver shot through Liam's body when Max pulled back and tongued the slit of his cock, but his eyes never left the cock that was so tantalizingly close to him.

"Go on, little boy," Max whispered, climbing back onto the sofa to sit so Alex's cock was between them. "I think you should touch it. In fact, I think you should taste it."

"I could never..." Liam couldn't even finish the thought before his fingers were delicately tracing a vein that ran along the underside. "It's so soft and warm," he said, getting a little bolder and holding it in his hand for a few seconds then letting go.

"It likes you, Liam." Alex indicated the slow welling of clear liquid that was emerging from the tip of his dick. "That's a compliment from my cock to you. That liquid is a sure sign that it's ready for you."

Liam touched the pearl of moisture, scooping it up and touching it to the tip of his tongue, a small frown on his face. "It's salty. It tastes good." Very delicately, he leant forward to lick at the place where the pre-come was oozing. "It's good," he repeated, licking again, this time with his whole tongue.

Max nodded his approval as he watched the young angel swirl his tongue around the head of Alex's cock. "You, my darling boy, look like a natural." He reached over to the table for the ice cream that had been left there by some unseen minion and carefully smeared some along Alex's shaft. "There you go," he said with the indulgence of a father, "now a good thing is even better."

"It's good on its own," Liam said, moving so he could kneel on the couch and position himself for better access, "but it's fun licking him clean." He matched action to words and began lapping at Alex's cock, an enthusiastic grin on his face as ice cream smudged his lips and cheeks.

The scent of Alex's arousal was hot in his nostrils, the sweetness of the ice cream a counterpoint to the tang of salty fluid, as Liam grew more adventurous. Alex's hips began to move and his breathing grew staccato; Liam had warmed to his task, and was licking and sucking with gusto as he began to see Alex lose control.

"Am I going to make you come by doing this?" he asked Alex, who was now apparently in a world of his own, hips jerking as he sought Liam's mouth. "Is he?" he asked Max, when Alex merely moaned.

"I think he's very close, sweetheart," Max said, stroking Liam's back to encourage the young man. "I know he'd really like it if you try to take as much of him into your mouth as you can." He moved to kneel behind Liam, reaching a hand down to tease Liam's cock. "I'll make sure you don't choke, but I want you to try it. Do it because you know how much Alex will love it."

Sweating now, Liam nodded and took in more of Alex's cock, then a little more, gagging slightly but toughing it out as Alex let out a low cry and reached to hold Liam's head. "Damn, baby, please, please…" The breathy words were so exciting to Liam that he took a deep breath and went down as far as he could on Alex, reveling in the response that told him he had complete control over the saturnine being.

Alex's response was immediate. His body seemed to stiffen, convulsing, as his fingers tightened in Liam's hair, and Liam could feel the rigid cock pulse on his tongue.

Max laughed excitedly, fingers busily undoing his pants and taking out his cock as he watched his lover inch closer and closer to release. He began stroking his cock, grunting into Liam's ear as he jerked himself off.

"That's it, baby," Max murmured to both of them, his own need taking over as he thought about how good it would feel to make Liam ready to take his cock. The thought was enough to prepare the angel, the tight opening to his body stretching and growing slick enough to take the coming intrusion.

Liam was too intent on making Alex come to notice the changes in his body, the hot, pulsing cock in his mouth all he needed to know about. It wasn't until he felt the hot jets of come shoot down his throat that he knew something was different, and that was when Max chose to plunge inside him.

There was a wordless cry as Liam felt the invasion deep within him, and then Max began to move, skewering him with hot flesh as Alex pumped out the remains of his orgasm onto his tongue.

"That was just amazing." Alex's soft growl stroked over Liam as the other dropped down to capture his lips again, helping him brace himself against Max's urgent rutting. "And this will be too, you'll see."

The sound that escaped Liam's lips was a cross between a gasp and a whine as he leaned into Alex for support. The sensation was almost too much for him to bear, but not because he was in pain or any discomfort. His head fell back, a wide smile on his face as he gave himself over to the pleasure of being taken so commandingly by the last person he had any right being with.

"That's it, my sweet angel," Max purred, licking at Liam's ear as he pushed deeper and deeper with every thrust. "Let yourself enjoy this. Give yourself to us..."

Every stroke of Max's dick, every sly squeeze of Max's hand on his cock made Liam shudder, feeling the tension build, loving the slow rise of tingling excitement within himself. Alex held him securely, leaning over his shoulder to fix his mouth to Max's in a deep kiss that excited Liam as much as it did Max.

Something deep inside him was steadily forcing him up towards ecstasy as Max battered it with his cock, and Liam suddenly knew that this was what Gregory had craved, was why he had become so angry with him. Gregory wanted Max.

Well, so did Liam. He could feel the buzz and tingle of orgasm now as Max fucked him, and he pushed his ass back against the angel's belly, wanting more, deeper, now.

Max gave him what he wanted, pounding mercilessly into the tight, sweet ass, his grunts and growls mingling with Liam's gasps and whimpers. The sensation of Liam's body clenching around his cock, and the heat of his come against his hand made Max laugh throatily. He knew he'd won this battle at the very least.

"This is what you want," Max groaned into the young angel's ear, "and you'll always want it, won't you?"

Somehow Liam found the strength to nod his head and murmur, "Yes," as his body continued to shake and shudder, his climax a seemingly never-ending thing. It wasn't until he felt Max tense and push roughly inside him that the waves of pleasure began to ebb, replaced by a feeling of belonging he'd never felt until that moment.

Max felt it, too, and he collapsed, spent, against the slim form, nuzzling the back of Liam's neck.

"You belong to me, now," he whispered, "and when Alex has you, you'll belong to both of us."

"Am I damned?" Liam felt faint and shivery, his orgasm still flickering along his nerve endings to leave him disoriented. "It feels so wonderful, how can it be wrong?"

"Of course it isn't wrong, baby angel. It's the sweetest gift one being can give another. That's rightness, not wrongness." He was still holding Liam, petting him and stroking him as the three of them slowly recovered from their exertions. "It's love, and how could love be wrong?"

"If it isn't wrong, why won't anyone talk to me about it?" Liam asked, sighing as Max kissed the side of his neck.

"I think you've been talking to the wrong people about it, love," Max smiled. "Trust me when I say that Gregory is not the most enlightened being in the universe."

"I think it's more than that, though." Liam looked at him, face suddenly serious. "I think he's in love with you."

Max stilled and looked at Liam with an amused glint in his eye. "You do?"

"I do." Liam wondered if Max was surprised by his words. Nothing seemed to faze the dark angel, and he found himself wishing he could be the one to break through Max's veneer of amused omniscience to tap what lay beneath.

Alex chuckled and kissed the side of Liam's head. "I think you could be right. He's always been the one that wants to meet with Max. I wonder what it was that made him send you to us, when he usually falls over himself to be the one."

"They said it was because I could probably catch Max off guard and make him confess to the murders." Liam bit his lip, eyes wide. "I bet I shouldn't have told you that."

Max laughed and pressed a soft kiss to Liam's mouth. "Don't worry about it. I'm sure that Gregory will be happy to know that his little plan worked. I really am curious about this new development with him, though."

"I bet it's not even all that new," Liam said. "Something like that must go back to when you were..."

"When I was good?" Max winked at Liam and stood up. "Why don't the three of us retire to the bedroom? We can relax and talk and...whatever else happens to come up."

"Max? You were good?" Liam blurted out the question without thinking, and then blushed a dark red as he realized how tactless he'd been. "Tell me what happened?"

"I would have thought that you'd know my story by now," Max smirked, leading his two lovers towards the bedroom. "It's not like Gregory to miss an opportunity to tell the tale of my fall."

Ridding the three of them of whatever clothes they were still wearing, Max crawled onto the bed and put his arms out in invitation to the others.

"Now," he sighed, "where to begin?"

Snuggling down between Max and Alex, his head resting on Max's shoulder, Liam felt drowsy and complete. He had craved affection, and it seemed as though he had found it. If only he could bring his two companions to the light, what a perfect thing it would be. He would be able to break the news to Gregory, and all the other angels would be in awe of his coup.

Wait, that was the sin of pride, wasn't it? He shivered. How easy it was for mortals to go astray!

"Nobody has told me anything. I wish that they did, but I'm beneath everyone's notice, it appears." He stirred under Alex's stroking hands, and snuggled closer to Max's warm body.

"Don't you let anyone make you think you're beneath anything," Max said firmly, running his fingers through Liam's thick blond hair as if he were petting him. "I think they're intimated by your beauty, and your pure, loving heart. You're everything they wish they could be, darling, and you should never forget that. I'm very lucky that you've deemed me worthy of having you."

"We're both lucky."

Alex's voice, soft and amused, filled Liam's senses. He felt special, singled out by these two gorgeous, identical men - no, not men, he told himself; dark angels. He began to protest that he was the lucky one, but then, Alex moved to take his cock back into his talented mouth, and all coherent thought fled. Liam could only moan softly as the hot mouth began to pull sensation through his body.

Max grinned at the action and busied himself with kissing Liam while Alex did his best to drive the younger being crazy.

"Yes, I was good at one time," Max began to tell his story as Liam writhed and arched against the stimulation of Alex's lips and tongue. "I was an angel as powerful as Gregory and as loved as God's own son." He bent his head to suck a nipple into his mouth, tasting and teasing it before continuing. "It was things such as this that were my downfall, my sweet angel. I, too, questioned the way things were, but I made the conscious decision to leave behind those who would not quench my thirst for knowledge and set out on my own. My power remained, and it is very hard to even think about going back to an existence that doesn't provide me with as much pleasure as this one does."

Liam couldn't deny that there was pleasure. He could feel waves of it washing him, scouring him clean. Moaning, he thrust into Alex's mouth as he invited whatever his companions might care to offer.

"Fuck him, Max, you know you want to." The vibrations of Alex's lips against his balls made Liam cry out.

"Oh, yes, please, I want it," whispered Liam, no longer able to think beyond the need for this pleasure that was consuming him.

Max raised an eyebrow, another triumphant smile creeping across his face as he gently pushed Alex out of the way so he could climb on top of Liam's slim body.

"You know that by the time we're through with you, you'll really belong to us, don't you?" he asked, his knee pushing Liam's legs apart, his hands groping as they slid down the smooth skin to grasp the angel's knees. Moving quickly, he pushed Liam's legs up, his smile predatory as he roughly spread his young lover open before him.

"You're making a choice, my sweet boy," he said huskily, the tip of his erection pushing insistently against the still loose opening, teasing and prodding it, "and, because you're making that choice willingly, there's no turning back." He groaned and continued teasing the both of them, starting to push in then pulling back. "Alex will have you after I've finished, and then you should have no doubt about who loves you and who will be the best for you."

"Do it," whispered Liam, awash with the feelings that were being generated by what Max was doing to him. "I love it; I love you; I love you both."

As Max finally shoved himself deep into Liam's ass, the young angel felt the start of climax begin right then. He felt out of control, all the things he had been taught were wrong, skewed by a race of beings that professed to love, but didn't seem capable of it. This was better. This was what the world needed. He resolved that he would begin teaching that, and hope that Gregory would forgive him.

"I never felt anything like this, ever. I don't think I can live without it anymore," he whispered, and slid his hands up over Max's chest to pluck at his nipples.

"You won't ever have to," Max whispered, groaning happily as his young lover became bolder and raked his nails across his chest. "That's it, my perfect little angel. I know you're not as innocent as they want you to be." He pressed his mouth to Liam's, each slow push of his hips moving his cock deeper and harder with every stroke. "In these bodies, we're only animals," he breathed harshly against soft, parted lips. "You can't hurt me, love, so do it... Scratch me or bite me or whatever you know you need to do to become one of us."

"I don't want to hurt; I don't want to make people feel pain." Liam's words were panted out between thrusts, but despite his words, he sank his teeth into Max's lower lip, biting it hard enough to draw blood.

The taste of it seemed to make him wild. He sucked at Max's lip, licked at the chin where the blood was trickling, and then arched back in a spasm that heralded an explosion of sensation.

Max soon followed, body shaking with the force of his climax, the strength of it related to the way Liam had responded to everything rather than anything he was doing to him.

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint me," Max whispered as Liam continued sucking and licking his mouth.

"I don't want to disappoint you, Max," Liam groaned. It soon turned into a whimper when Max pulled back and got off him.

"It's Alex's turn," Max grinned, stroking blond locks off Liam's sweaty forehead. "Don't worry, you'll come again."

Alex was more than ready. His cock stood out from his body, purple-brown and shiny, his balls tightly furred and drawn up against his body. He had risen to stand behind Max, and now clambered onto the bed again to take his place between Liam's thighs.

"I'm going to do you long and slow. You'll scream my name before I let you come, little angel." He ran his hands over the inside of Liam's thighs, and then placed the crown of his cock at Liam's now well-used asshole. "Tell me you want me. Tell me you want to be fucked, baby angel. I want to hear you beg for it."

Liam was shocked to feel a blush rising to color his face. Despite everything he'd done with the two of them, the idea of actually asking for it in such explicit terms made him pause.

"I want it, Alex," he whispered, pushing against the cock he wanted to feel inside him. "Please, give it to me. I want it so much."

"Oh, baby, it's yours for as long as I can keep it going. You are so fucking sexy." Alex leant down and bit sharply at one of Liam's nipples, then straightened up and began to slide himself home inside Liam's tightly clinging ass. Liam felt impossibly filled as Alex inched into him, slowly filling him to bursting point as he pressed home.

"Alex," he breathed. "Alex, I want it, want you."

Max watched them with a smug smile on his face, his hands slowly caressing the muscles of his lover's back as they flexed with every movement. A wicked giggle and he was behind Alex, cock once again at the ready as he spread the cheeks of Alex's ass.

"Do him hard, lover," Max whispered into Alex's ear. "Make him scream."

"Slow and hard, yeah." Alex began to withdraw, watching the interplay of expressions on Liam's face as he fucked him. "He's so hot and slippery that it's gonna be tough to hang on."

As Alex got into a rhythm, he could feel the fumbling at his ass, and began to breathe heavily. "Oh, yeah, my beloved. I want to feel you, too. Do it to me."

As Max entered Alex's body and the rhythm stuttered, Liam gave a sob. "I want to be like you. I want to live like this and never leave."

"Yes," Max hissed between clenched teeth, Liam's words and the tight pull of Alex's body sending him to the brink of orgasm within seconds. "You will be so happy with us, darling boy, and we won't ever let anything happen to you."

"You promise," Liam gasped as Alex's thrusts shook his body. It wasn't a question, simply an acceptance of fact.

"You know I do," was the grunted reply as Max licked the back of Alex's neck and began thrusting into him. "I'm so close," he whispered as he nibbled on his lover's ear. "I'm so fucking happy and I'm so close."

"Wait for us," Alex's voice commanded, and he began to pick up speed, teeth gritted as he fucked Liam. "We should all come together; it's a sort of pact. One for all and all for one." He gasped as Liam gave a short laugh, squeezing his cock in a vise-like grip. "I wonder what my horoscope predicted for today."

Max gave a gasp of his own as he bore down and forced his body to hold back its release until his two lovers were ready.

"I think it said that if you don't come soon, your lover is going to take a bite out of your shoulder," Max said through gritted teeth.

"No, you mustn't," Liam said with surprise. "Don't hurt him."

A soft laugh and Max nodded, tenderly kissing the nape of Alex's neck. "Not to worry, sweet thing. Alex knows how I like to play."

"Don't hurt him," whispered Liam again. "He has such pretty, smooth skin." He gazed at the two identical beings that were leaning over him. "Kiss him. I want to watch you kissing. That's the first thing I saw, and it made me feel so hot." He gasped as Alex drove home, his cock jumping, spurting a little pre-come as Alex pressed in. "I had to touch myself - couldn't stop."

"Anything for you, sweetheart," Max purred breathlessly, leaning over Alex's shoulder and turning his head to him. His mouth was eagerly pressed to his lover's and his tongue plunged into the depths, seeking out and claiming the other's in a hot, slick teasing game. Max was aware of the soft series of gasps and moans as their kiss was observed, and he exaggerated the act, making sure every detail was crystal clear.

"Can't stop," whispered Liam. He'd caught Alex's fingers, and pressed them to his cock. "Got to come. Want to come." He stared at the two men, anguish in his eyes as he tried to hold back from the inevitable, shocks of intense pleasure rocking his body as he bit the back of his hand to try and slow down his orgasm.

"It's okay, baby angel," husked Alex, taking hold of Liam's cock at last. "I'm about ready to go. How about you, lover?" He caught Max's lower lip with white teeth and worried it gently. "Come with us?"

"Fuck, yes," Max groaned, carefully pulling back so he could begin fucking Alex. It didn't take too long before he was coming for a second time. "Come on," he said huskily, body jerking as his cock twitched and pulsed inside Alex's body, shooting come deep into him. "Both of you come now..."

Liam couldn't move, couldn't do anything but gasp and shake as Alex stroked him to orgasm, his cock stabbing into Liam over and over again. When he came, it was blissful; it was agonizing, his body short-circuited as he felt his spirit pour out through his cock. Alex gave a final grunt and flooded him, bathing his ass in hot fluid, and finally collapsing against his chest.

"There," Max said with a satisfied sigh as he rolled off Alex and onto his back beside Liam, "it's done, now. You can't ever leave."

Blinking sleepily, Liam turned his head to look at Max, frowning when for a moment he didn't look like himself. "What do you mean? I'm damned now?"

Max's face softened and he turned to kiss first Alex, then Liam. "I wasn't being literal, baby. Honestly, I'd rather you never left us, but the decision, of course, is yours." He smiled and presented the exhausted angel with a glass. "Here, let's have some champagne to celebrate our love."

Liam sat up, pillowing his head on Max's shoulder, and allowed Max to feed him a glass of the bubbly stuff. "I love you two; I mean it, but I haven't changed. I won't be evil or kill people. I still want to do what's right for the world. I just don't agree with Gregory about what that is." He hiccupped and snuggled back against Max.

"We respect that, don't we, Max?" Alex settled down on Liam's other side and laid his head on Liam's side. "We don't need for you to commit atrocities. All we want is for you to keep coming."

"And coming and coming and coming..." Max chuckled and took a sip before putting the glass to Alex's lips and tipping it up. "Look at my lovely boys," he grinned, kissing Liam's hair. "I've never had two favorites, before. I think I like this very, very much."

"I'm a favorite?" Liam asked with a smile that covered his entire face. "Really?"

Max kissed the upturned nose. "Really."

Smiling happily, Liam lay back on the soft pillows, closed his eyes, and soon was sleeping, his fair hair sweat-darkened, and his face flushed with the effort of recent orgasm. Alex smiled as he folded a soft blanket over the young angel.

"He's precious," he whispered to Max as he watched Liam nestle into it. "He's going to give us a lot of fun. Don't break him too soon, will you?"

"I will keep him intact for as long as you enjoy him," Max murmured, reaching across the sleeping youngster to tenderly stroke Alex's cheek. "I'm fond of him and I love what he represents, but, most importantly, I want you to be happy."

"Why, thank you," said Alex, a half smile curling his lips and lighting his eyes. "You're perfect. I am happy; I was never this happy when I was alive."

"That's what I love to hear." Max leaned over to kiss the smiling mouth. "Maybe we should kill the kid and give him no choice about leaving us. Think that would get Gregory all riled up? You've heard that he loves me, right?" he winked.

"Kill him? I don't know. Would that be good?" Alex gave the sleeping youngster a long look, his face expressionless as usual, but his fingers were clenched on the sheet he held, and his knuckles were white. Raising his eyes again to meet Max's, he smiled widely. "Is he right? Does Gregory love you? How can we use that?"

"I think it would be a lot of fun to tease him, personally," Max snickered. "At our next meeting, I could be a lot more interested in what he has to say, and I could stand just a little too close to him. What do you think? Drive him crazy and make him torture himself the way those goody-goodies are so wonderful at doing?"

"I think I want to watch that," grinned Alex, lifting a finger to stroke down Max's lower lip, and then leaning over the sleeping form of the blond angel to take a kiss from Max. "I think it ought to be your life's work. I'd give anything to see that man's naked body - and to see you fucking him. How can you arrange it so we can film it?"

"Oh, baby, now you're getting me thinking." Max furrowed his brow for a moment, and then moved quickly to slide over Liam and lie on top of Alex. "You're also getting me kinda hot," he grinned as he gazed into his lover's eyes. "Tell me what you'd want to see on that tape. I'll do my best to make it happen."

"Oh, man, what would I like to see?" Alex paused for thought, eyes darkening with the images he conjured. "I want to see Gregory, desperate, his eyes full of failure; your pale skin sliding over his dark like yin and yang; him begging you to suck his cock… all of the above. I want to see him with a hard on. I bet it would look like polished stone. I want to see you plow his ass, and hear him tell you he loves you. Will that do for starters? I could go on." Laughing, Alex moved beneath Max, knowing exactly how to stimulate the other being.

Max laughed and took Alex's mouth in a sloppy kiss. "Fuck, if you go on, I think I'll come before you get inside me." He rubbed against Alex's cock, his own already back to full hardness. "Don't you love being able to fuck nonstop? I know I do."

"I love being able to fuck *you* nonstop," whispered Alex, his bedroom voice a sultry growl. "You and I are still the best, aren't we?" He reached up to pull Max down, crushing their mouths together, and began to writhe in a manner that soon had both of them panting as they clung to each other.

"You're the only one I could spend eternity with," Max breathed against Alex's mouth, his fingers raking through his lover's hair to grip it possessively. "I never thought I'd love anyone more than myself, but I do." He pulled back slightly. "Does that make me weak in your eyes?"

Alex considered this statement, turning it over in his mind as he pondered a reply. When at last he answered, it was slowly, carefully, as if each word were weighted, and difficult to say. "It makes you more level, perhaps, not weak, but less distant. I'm only a man, and you are more than I have ever been. That brings with it a lot of fear"

"Fear?" Max tilted his head, a puzzled look on his face as he regarded his lover. "I didn't think you could fear anything." His features softened as he ran his hand over Alex's hair and touched a gentle kiss to his lips. "You never have to fear me. I can see into your heart, Alex, and I know that you do care for me. I would like you to care for me with less fear involved, though." He looked a little sad as he lowered his head to rest it on Alex's shoulder. "Would you like more power? I'll give it to you."

"I don't know," confessed Alex. "Sure, give me what you want to give me, but I won't ever be your equal, and I know it. Forever is a long time." Alex held his cock as he urged Max up to straddle him. "Everything I have is from you. I'm dead, and that's a sad truth. Being dead isn't so bad now that you and I are together, though. I'm having a great death. Much better than my life ever was."

Groaning softly, Max sat up and eased himself down on Alex's cock. Eyes closed, he began a slow, steady rhythm, grinding down against him. "I feel like you don't believe you have nothing to fear," he said, voice hoarse with need. "I don't like that." He opened his eyes and stared down at Alex as he continued moving slowly up and down on Alex's cock. "Tell me what you want more than anything in this world, Alex."

"It's a tough question," said Alex, his fingers fumbling to take hold of Max's cock and beginning to work it, the long slow pulls in perfect time with Max's rise and fall. "I need to think about it, but offhand, what I want is to enjoy the world, to be a partner, a player, and to win."

Max didn't say anything else right away, simply focusing on the sensations thrilling through him as his lover touched him. He clenched his body around Alex's cock, increasing the speed of his movements as he felt the tight pull of climax beginning to build inside him.

"I'll let you think about it, then," he finally said, his voice strained with the excitement bubbling up as he pushed back harder against the cock impaling him. "You should always win, Alex, but when you've decided the one thing you want, I'm going to give it to you."

"I'll try. How about you, Max? What is it that you want?" Alex gasped as he pushed in against the tightly clasping channel he was fucking. "You feel so good, I never want to stop doing this to you. You're better than anyone."

Max smiled at the praise, leaning down to run his hands over Alex's chest. "I can have anything I want just by thinking about it," he said, words hitching as he drew closer and closer to orgasm, "but I do want to rule the world and have the ultimate power that comes with it. And I want someone by my side who won't betray me," he added, giving Alex a curious look.

"Tell me what you mean by betrayal?" whispered Alex, his own voice slurring as he began the climb up to yet another orgasm. "I won't ever go behind your back, Max, but if you do something and I don't like it, I'll tell you, you know that. I don't know if I want you to rule the world, because if you did, you'd be too busy for me. I kinda like the way we are right now. Besides, if you corrupted everyone in the world, there'd be no more challenge. It's kinda fun to work on them insidiously."

"Very good point," Max groaned, breath coming faster and faster as his movements became awkward, signaling the beginning of his orgasm. "Alex...oh fuck..." Head thrown back, Max growled and grunted out his joy at the pleasure singing through his body. His hand gripped the one holding his cock and he squeezed, his come spurting from his erection to splatter against Alex's chest.

Clutching, tingling joy shot barbs into Alex's flesh, burned along his nerve endings as he followed Max's lead and tumbled over into pleasure. The smooth, slippery flesh that encased him pulsed and rippled around him, milking him of his essence as he poured it out into his lover.

"You're the best. You'll always be the best. Better than Mulder, better than anyone."

Max grabbed Alex's hands and pushed his arm over his head, pinning them to the pillow. "Do you mean that, or are you afraid I'll hurt you if I don't hear it?" His eyes were dark as he glared down at Alex, but there was unease there as if he had some fear of his own.

"Do you think I'd be here if you weren't?" Alex grinned up at Max, dark knowledge in his eyes as he met the challenge. "You know me; do you really think so?" He licked his lips, inviting a kiss. "Besides, you can hurt me if you like. Sometimes that can be really good."

Mulling over the words, Max gave Alex a swift kiss and looked down at him again, this time with something softer in his eyes. "I don't like having a weakness," he whispered, "and that's exactly what you are. I don't like the idea that I could lose my edge over someone who doesn't trust me."

"Kill me then," growled Alex. "Finish it; c'mon, Max, you know you'd get the best orgasm out of it." He pursed his lips and moved under Max, still not attempting to free himself but using his body to arouse in the best way he could. "It doesn't matter what I say, the only way you're ever going to know the truth is by what I do. You have two choices; you either keep me or kill me. I can't imagine you ever letting me go. I don't even want to think about it."

"I would never let you go," Max murmured, crushing his mouth to Alex's again, kissing him with all the power and passion he could muster, anything to show Alex what he meant to him. As they writhed against each other, their passions building once more, Liam sighed in his sleep and turned over to face them. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled as he took in the picture before him.

"Never let me go, Max," said Alex, softly. "I kinda like your style. I'd never be able to respect someone that was less than I am, but you… you're so much more that I can't imagine why you even care for me."

He jumped a little as he heard Liam's intake of breath, and turned his head to look at the young angel. "Well, hello, baby angel. Welcome back to consciousness."

"Thank you," Liam said shyly, stifling a yawn as he sat up. "I'm sorry for falling asleep."

"Don't worry about a thing, sweet boy," Max grinned. "You earned that nap. Are you up for another round?"

"Oh, I..." Liam looked at him then Alex. "I think I should get back to the others. They'll be worried."

"Ah, yes, the terror that big, bad Max will corrupt you?" Alex was smiling now, inviting Liam to join in the joke. "Although I forgot. Didn't you say that you came here without telling any of them?"

Giving Max one last kiss, Alex rolled him off his perch and slipped an arm around Liam as he settled him down beside him. "Perhaps they shouldn't find out where you were, not this time. There's time enough later to surprise them."

"I wasn't planning on telling them where I've been," Liam said with a slight shudder. "There's no telling what Gregory would do if he found out."

"He'd probably get jealous and come storming over here for a nice long fuck," Max chuckled. When Liam stared at him with wide-eyed surprise, Max laughed louder. "I'm only kidding, babe. But I don't know why you think you're going anywhere. I distinctly remember you saying you never want to leave this place." He looked at Alex. "Don't you remember that?"

"Now you come to mention it, I do." The words hung between them, and the two beings gazed at each other, identical faces wearing identical smiles. Liam's face clouded over.

"You mean you aren't going to let me go?"

"I wouldn't say that, would you, Max? Not that, precisely."

"Then what *are* you saying?" Liam asked, looking at them uncertainly.

"You know, you shouldn't worry about it," Max said with an exaggerated sigh. "I won't let anyone know that you lied to us."

"You mean that you want me to stay here?" Liam looked confused. "I don't know. Don't you want me to be the one that talks to Gregory on your behalf? I… I didn't lie. I like it with you much better than I do back at the angels' headquarters."

Max reached over and held Liam's arm. "I'm only teasing you, little one," he said gently. "You are free to come and go as much as you please. I hope that the fact you came here today means we'll see you more than the once a week we agreed on."

Liam gave a sigh of relief, his face suddenly creasing into a beaming smile as he realized that Max had been leading him on. "I will come back, and I hope that you don't get tired of me too quickly. I know that I don't have all the skills that Alex has. I love to do… what we've been doing, though. I love you."

"I love you, too," Max said, smiling as he leaned over to kiss the young angel. "We're going to have so much time to teach you everything; you never have to worry about us getting tired of you."

"Thank you, Max," Liam said with a nod of his head. "And you, Alex," he sighed, "thank you so much, as well. I love you, too."

As Liam climbed out of the bed and went to seek his clothes, both Max and Alex watched his elegantly proportioned body, exchanging matching, predatory smiles as he bent to retrieve his underwear.

"He's delectable," murmured Alex. "It's going to be fun to get him completely on our side."

"Yes," Max said, snuggling down against Alex. "I have a feeling we won't even have to work that hard to do it."

hr

The condo where the angels lived seemed somehow smaller and more dingy than it had when Liam had awoken. He approached it with a pang of regret, although he wasn't sure what, precisely, he was regretting.

It might have been his own lost innocence, or it could have been the fact that he had to return to the coldness that seemed to be a factor wherever he went within the angel headquarters. Whichever it was, he would have to get over it. Sighing moodily, he entered the building and thumbed the elevator to his floor. When he opened the door to his own room, he sighed again, this time in relief as he shed his clothing and made for the shower.

Clean, wrapped in a fluffy white towel, he emerged from the bathroom, to find Gregory sitting in his armchair, waiting for him.

"Hello, Liam. I wanted to talk to you."

Liam nodded and walked over to his dresser. "I hope you don't mind if I get dressed," he said, amazed at his own boldness and sense of mischief as he dropped his towel. The knowledge that he was standing naked in front of a being who was probably uncomfortable with it began to arouse him, and he didn't dress right away. Instead, cock beginning to slowly fill and come to life, Liam turned to Gregory. "Before you say anything," he said softly, "I would like to apologize for the way I left, earlier. I should not have stormed out like that."

"I… I felt very badly about the way we parted," said Gregory, a flush passing across his cheeks as he averted his gaze. "I should not have risen to the temptation of anger like that. Being mortal is a curse as well as a blessing," he added. "I wish to make amends."

"You do?" Liam asked with genuine surprise, forgetting about his nakedness as he went to take a seat on the edge of his bed in front of Gregory. "How? What I mean to say is, shouldn't I be the one making amends?"

"Liam, I am a leader. I should not have been betrayed into anger that way. It is quite unacceptable." Gregory was still not looking directly at Liam's naked body, but a sweat had stood out on his forehead, plainly visible to the young angel as he listened to his boss berate himself. "Perhaps it is time that someone else was chosen to lead the war against sin on earth. I am failing in my duty, and that is a harsh thing to accept."

"No, Gregory, you mustn't," Liam said, dropping to his knees in front of the archangel, hands resting on Gregory's thighs as he looked up at him pleadingly. "It is a hard fight and you mustn't blame yourself if it can't be won easily. Do you want Max to drive you out this way?" He smiled sweetly as he thought of the feelings he was sure Gregory had for the dark angel. "You were right about sending me in your place. The murders have stopped now. Aren't you proud of that?"

"Pride is a sin," said Gregory, automatically. "You did well, my young friend. Your efforts didn't go unnoticed. I only wish that I hadn't felt it imperative to expose you to evil in that way. You didn't deserve to be treated so shabbily." Smiling down at Liam, for one moment apparently free from his guilt, Gregory looked as youthful as Liam. "You are a persuasive young man," he added, and shifted his position, apparently unaware of the erection he had grown.

The bulge between Gregory's legs didn't go unnoticed by Liam, and he licked his lips as he moved a little closer. "I really do believe that Max was caught off guard. I got the feeling that he enjoys meeting with you." His hands slowly began to creep higher as he held Gregory's gaze. "It's almost as if he agreed to my terms because he wanted to be assured of seeing you at your next meeting."

"That's nonsense. Max hates me," said Gregory, his expression a mask of yearning that was painful to behold. "He and I have been together since the creation, first as friends, and now as adversaries, but I know that he doesn't care if I exist or not."

He shifted uneasily, the bulge growing bigger as Liam's hands moved slowly closer to his groin. "I wish that we could go back to before. Max and I were never out of each other's company." Apparently coming to himself, Gregory suddenly jumped, placing his hands down over Liam's and then rising to his feet. "I just wanted to apologize. That's all. I should go."

Liam stood, fingers still tingling from the warmth of Gregory's body, smiling as he stood face to face with his superior. "Gregory, Max does not hate you, and he cares very much that you exist." The words seemed to tumble from his lips of their own free will, and Liam felt himself wanting Gregory to stay. The thought of how good it felt to be in someone's arms made his need grow and caused him to place his arms around the other angel, awkwardly. "You mustn't think he doesn't care," he whispered, sighing as he pressed his body to Gregory's, a gasp catching in his throat when he felt the erection pushing against his own. "You must try to bring him back."

"I've tried." Gregory hung his head as he heard Liam's words. "I've tried all I know. I'm so tired; I just wish that it were all over, and the battle won or lost."

Pressing a soft kiss to Liam's forehead, he gently disengaged himself. "I think you are a sweet young man, and I welcome your confidence in me. I just don't feel terribly confident in myself right now. When Maximillian was beside me, it was all so much easier."

"He's wonderful," Liam said a little dreamily. "I can see why you would feel that way. Perhaps one day you'll see a change in him that will surprise you. You love him too much to ever give up."

Gregory put his hands on Liam's shoulders, holding him away from himself as he scrutinized him closely. "Wonderful? I'm not sure what you mean." He suddenly seemed to realize that Liam was not only naked, but also aroused. "And put some clothes on. You are going to catch a cold. Now you are in a mortal body, you are susceptible to many sicknesses that we don't experience in heaven. Chalk those up to Max's father."

"But I'm not cold," Liam said, looking down at his erection, "and if you're worried about this, I tried asking Deborah and Joshua about it before. It happens all the time and I'm not allowed to do anything to stop it." He smirked and looked down at the obvious outline of Gregory's own erection. "I'm happy to see it even happens to you." Raising his eyes to Gregory's, he shrugged. "More of the trials of taking human form, right? Max seems to have a handle on it, though. That's what I meant by him being wonderful. As much as you dislike what he stands for, he does seem to have an excellent idea of how to give humans what they want. It's too bad we will never have that sort of power."

Gregory jerked back as though he had been stung, his normally dark skin almost as pale as Liam's. "What have you done, Liam? Please tell me that you haven't allowed Max to corrupt you. You are so new, so innocent, and I care for you so much."

"Do you really?" Liam asked, unable to stop the dark thoughts that were flittering around in the back of his mind; thoughts that involved stripping Gregory and having his way with him. "All I've ever wanted to know was that someone somewhere cares for me. I hope that doesn't make you think Max has corrupted me, too."

"No, my friend. Max is not capable of caring for anyone, and the very fact that you do care, and that you want to be loved is enough to separate you from him." Gregory took his hand. "Ah, but you are so very young; you have no idea what a burden it is to overcome the easy lure of the flesh. Our task involves self-sacrifice, Liam. We can't afford to allow ourselves to be distracted." Gregory seemed to lose the thread of what he was saying as Liam hugged him close, and cleared his throat nervously. "We have to consider the stakes we play for."

"I will be happy to do whatever I am supposed to for the greater good," Liam said with a smile, still holding onto Gregory as he rested his head on his boss's shoulder. He'd managed to pull Gregory closer and was slowly rubbing himself against the solid heat of the other angel, moaning softly as he did. "I would love for you to teach me everything I need to know."

"You frighten me," whispered Gregory. "You remind me of how much I want…" His body shook, and suddenly he pulled Liam to him and kissed him. As their mouths came together, there was a sound like a sob that might have come from either man. Bodies pressed together, arms tight around each other, the kiss was not gentle, and there was nothing fatherly about it.

Suddenly letting go of Liam, Gregory staggered back, wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and turning on his heel he was gone, with only a faint scent of spicy cologne to suggest that he had ever been there.

hr

Gregory's fingers were impatient as they punched the number on the dial pad of his cell. 666-6666… not the most difficult number to recall, although he felt scared to death as he dialed. He had so wanted to hand over his dealings with Max to someone else and stop the pain he felt whenever he dealt with the dark being he adored.

"Maximillian? Is that you?"

"I'll get him." The voice that was so like Max's made Gregory's heart thump painfully, and he had to remind himself for the umpteenth time that this was his job, and he didn't have to like it.

"Max? I want to see you, right now."

"Gregory," a silky voice said, sounding extremely amused, "how nice of you to call. Is everything all right? Why do you want to see me?" There was some soft moaning in the background and Max chuckled. "I'm sort of busy right now."

"I'm sure that it's nothing you don't do all the time. I want to see you now, Max." Gregory found himself rising to the sin of anger for the second time that day. Somehow, Max could render him speechless with fury without even needing to be present. He ground his teeth.

"I'm sorry, Gregory, but it's really not a good time for me. Perhaps we should plan on seeing each other tomorrow. Now, I'm being rude to my guests, so I'll meet you at the regular time and place." Before Gregory could respond, the call was disconnected.

Looking at the phone in disbelief, Gregory sat for a couple of minutes, attempting to convince himself that this wasn't an intended slight. "You bastard. I'll show you," he growled to himself, and went for his coat.

For the second time that day, an angry angel approached Max's condo. The first had been angelically fair. This one was dark and brooding, his handsome features thunderous as he stalked meaningfully into the foyer and summoned the elevator.

"I'm sorry, sir," said a minor acolyte of Max's, clad in a concierge's uniform. "Only people who have an appointment can go up to the penthouse.

"He'll see me," said Gregory, grimly, and pushed the button, using his own skill with magic to send the elevator skyward.

Max frowned when he heard the commotion outside his door. He'd sensed someone was coming to see him, but whoever was on the way was far too powerful to let him see who. When the door crashed open, and Gregory stormed in, Max sat up from his lounging position on the couch.

"Hmm, seems you don't take no for an answer," he grinned, waving his hand to empty the room of the few minions who'd been there to entertain him, until only Alex remained.

"What have you done?" thundered Gregory, making for Max as he bellowed out his question. "Why can't you leave innocence alone? Why do you have to destroy everything you touch?"

"Isn't that a matter of opinion?" queried Alex, sweetly, from his position in the shadows beside the door.

"You, out!" Gregory's angry words were barked out, and Alex's eyes met Max's, asking silently for instruction.

"Alex, would you mind telling cook that we'd like prime rib for dinner, please?" Max smiled, winking at his double as he turned to leave the room. "Okay," he sighed, getting up from the sofa and buttoning his shirt, "what was so important that you had to come over here and invade my home?"

"What did you do to Liam? Can't you leave even one innocent being alone? Must you drag everything pure through your filth?" Gregory's hands shot out to grab Max's shoulders, and he leant down until their faces were mere inches apart. "I hate this; I hate you."

"That's not what I heard," Max whispered, grinning as he moved in until his lips were barely touching Gregory's. "I know you could never hate me, Gregory. We've meant too much to each other for that to ever be true."

"You deliberately corrupted Liam," said Gregory, his deep voice full of pain. "He was an innocent and you dragged him through the mire." He shivered as he felt Max's breath on his lips. "How I wish that you had never been created."

Max twisted away from Gregory's grip as if the words had hit him like a bullet, and stalked back over to the sofa.

"I was waiting for the day you would say that to me," he said quietly, slowly sitting down and slouching forward, elbows resting on his legs. "I'm not sure what Liam told you to fill you with such sinful anger as this, but if you are going to wish me into nothingness, I think I have the right to know."

Ashen-faced, Gregory stood looking down on Max, his mouth opening and closing as if he were lost for words. Finally, he drew a breath that made him shiver. "It isn't what he told me; it's what he did, how he is. The boy had no knowledge of sex until he came to you, did he?"

Max raised his face to him, eyes sad as he stared up at his former friend. "I don't know what Liam may have learned out on the streets you're so fond of making your charges run. Why don't you tell me what he did? Why are you so sure that it has anything to do with either me or sex?"

"It had to be you. He was… he was seductive. He told me that you were the one that knew what humans wanted. He told me that he… that he wanted love." Gregory's face crumpled, and he pressed his long fingers to his face in an attempt to hold back tears that scalded his eyes. "I know that he meant physical love. He pressed his body against mine and I… I felt myself weaken."

That made Max raise an eyebrow. "Weaken? How exactly do you define the word weaken?"

"Oh, you'd love that, wouldn't you?" Gregory spat at him. "You could gloat at my downfall, couldn't you? Well, I'll tell you. I kissed him; I couldn't stop myself." Suddenly, the dark skinned angel began to cry, great sobs wracking his body as he wept.

Never one to pass up an opportunity, Max rose to his feet and placed comforting arms around the sobbing being. "It won't be your downfall," he whispered, holding Gregory close to him. "Liam is a beautiful boy, and the same way you knew I wouldn't be able to pass up the temptation, unfortunately you succumbed just a little." His fingers gently caressed the nape of Gregory's neck and his other hand rubbed the long, broad back. "We were so close, Gregory, and I know that you would never do anything to disappoint God. He will forgive you for whatever mistakes you make." He pressed a kiss to Gregory's ear and continued to comfort him.

"I didn't mean to despoil him, Max." Gregory was still weeping, and his words were almost a confession. "You believe me, don't you? I wouldn't ever take a child's innocence." He leaned against Max, as though seeking comfort and forgiveness for his actions. "I wish that you were still on my side."

"You know that isn't possible any longer," Max soothed, "and I know that you would never deliberately hurt another being. It's not your fault that you had to give in to whatever you imagined the young angel was offering." Max smiled and wiped tears from Gregory's face. "You've been in human form too long, I think. It could be making you weak and unable to judge right from wrong."

"Do you think I should give up my place? I was thinking that myself." Gregory seemed less troubled as he allowed Max to clean his face and lead him to the couch. "It's been too long, Max. I've spent too many years living with the pain of humanity. It's time to leave." He smiled at Max and raised his fingers to touch the soft mouth of his long-time adversary. "I've never been able to stop loving you, old friend, even through all the things you've done."

Max caught Gregory's hand and held it in its place, kissing the fingertips as he held the angel's eyes. "I knew you couldn't stop," he whispered, letting go and reaching to hold the side of the smooth, brown face. He was surprised to feel genuine affection welling up inside him as he gazed at the deep brown eyes that had looked at him with such love all that time ago. "I would have stayed for you, Gregory, but I couldn't fight the pull of all the power. I used to pray for you to fall, for you to follow me into the depths just so we could be together."

"There's power in helping mortals, Max." Gregory seemed to be talking in his sleep, his speech slow and slurred as he rubbed his cheek against the caressing hand. "I wish you could see that. We could have fought for them together, Max. I would have loved that, loved you."

"But you couldn't have loved me the way I would have needed. I can admit that I'm weak, my friend. The pleasure and strength of physical love isn't something I would have been able to ignore if I had stayed with you." Max took Gregory's face between his hands and leaned in to kiss him. "I wanted you and I know you wanted me, too," he whispered, closing the distance between them.

Their lips met softly, gently, a kiss that seemed to seal their love for each other rather than act as an overture for passion. They stood motionless for a long time before drawing apart once more. When they finally did so, Gregory sighed softly and laid his cheek against Max's. "What a lot of time we've wasted, playing games, Maximillian."

"You know as well as I that it had to happen that way or we'd never be here, right now." Max let out a slow breath as he nuzzled Gregory's ear. "I can't believe I'm saying this, though, but I think you should leave. I won't be responsible for anything else that might happen between us while you're in this state. Too much has happened, already."

Turning his head rapidly, Gregory found Max's mouth once more, invading it with his tongue and moaning gently. "Too much, or too little. Are you afraid that you'll want to give all your plotting up and follow me, my Max?" He hadn't moved away, hadn't backed off, and now he kissed Max on his very surprised nose. "I want you on my side, Max. I want you back."

Max laughed and pushed Gregory back on the sofa, crawling onto his lap to straddle his thighs. "You are still a delight to me," he said, arms going around his neck. "You know that there is no way you could give me what I want and still expect to be on God's side. It's against everything you teach your little charges. How can you kiss me and want me and tell me to be on your side again when you know that what we've done could never happen again?" He raised himself up on his knees and stripped off his shirt before unbuttoning his pants and pulling out his cock. "The moment you touch me, you're damned, Gregory. You *have* to know that. You're held to an even higher standard than Liam, and your lackeys were about ready to bite his head off because he wanted to talk about jerking off."

"You do what you do so well, Max. You instill fear and disgust and a slimy trickle of need that can't be denied." Gregory was gazing at Max's cock with eyes in which the desire shone fiercely. "I've served without question for millennia, and denied what I needed. Would it be so wrong to claim a reward for once? Would you not do it?"

Taking his cock in hand, Max held it before Gregory's lips, unable to believe that he was finally in control the way he'd fantasized about for so long. "I did do it," he said, voice smoky with need, "and that's what damned me for eternity. It's why I can never go back to Him. Are you willing to make the same mistake?"

"You could always go back to Him, Max. He wants you to come home; *I* want you to come home." Gregory looked up at Max as though he were everything he'd ever wanted. "I love you; I always did."

"This is my home, Gregory," Max said, looking down at him with a glint in his eye. "I can't go back somewhere that offers so little for me. To be blunt, I like fucking and being fucked. You'd like it, too, if you'd just give in to it." He sat on Gregory's thighs, hand still grasping his cock as he began to slowly stroke it. "I know you've never touched yourself the way I'm allowed to touch myself. Sex isn't everything, but it's a whole lot, and in your world I'm not allowed to have it. Neither are you." Smiling, he took Gregory's mouth in another kiss. "Are you going to be able to go back and be the mighty leader to a group you haven't ever allowed to even kiss anyone?"

"But He forgives us our trespasses, Max." Gregory's face was sheened with sweat now as he allowed Max to ravage his mouth. "Maybe Liam was right. Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings…" He laughed suddenly, a bark of humorless laughter, and looked up to meet Max's eyes again. "Look at me. I'm guilty of the sin of pride. I've been too puffed up in my own importance to see it, but a newcomer, a baby, was able to see what I could not. How can we hope to teach mortals the way, if we don't understand them at the most fundamental level?"

There was a pause, and then Gregory's hand moved decisively to cover Max's as he stroked his erection.

"You won't get any argument from me," Max smiled, moving his hand and letting Gregory take hold of his cock. "I was playing devil's advocate." He grinned and kissed his friend, taking his mouth roughly and greedily as he pushed into the sure grip.

"Of course you were; you always did," said Gregory, somewhat bitterly. "Will you just for once shut up and be my Max instead of Satan's mouthpiece?" He struggled until he was sitting a little more upright, and snaked a hand around Max's neck. "You are, you know? My Max. You always have been." His mouth suddenly plastered itself to Max's throat, sucking and licking at salty flesh.

"Yes," Max nodded, eyes closed, "I have always been yours. I've missed you so much Greg. I've missed you loving me and having kind things to say to me. I've hated being your enemy." He opened his eyes and pulled Gregory's head back so he could look him in the eye. "I want to be your Max again for just a little while. We can do the things we always wanted to but which were denied to us."

"Not here. If I'm going to fall from grace, I want to do it properly." For the first time, Gregory seemed to have relaxed, as though having made up his mind he had set himself free. "I want to be with you in comfort. I don't want hurried fumbling." He took Max's hand and raised it to his lips with a gesture that was somehow appropriate. "Come now. Where?"

"My bedroom," Max said, voice hushed as if in awe of what was about to happen. "If it's too ostentatious for you, I can change it, but I think we should be in my bed if we're going to do this." He kissed Gregory tenderly, almost chastely. "Are we really going to do it?"

"You sound as if you don't want to." Gregory sounded aggrieved. "I guess that I'm a little old for you." He gave Max a friendly punch in the shoulder. "I've made up my mind. I want to see if Liam was correct, so now you get to be my science experiment." He rose to his feet and followed Max as the satanic emissary lead him to the bedroom. Once inside, he looked around himself with interest. "You mean to tell me you sleep here, my friend?" He snickered. "It looks like a really whacked-out French whore's idea of hell."

"Hey, I'm not French," Max said in a mock protestation then waved his hand. Soon the rich, dark fabrics and overly ornate furnishings were replaced by all white. White linens covered the white wood bed; white vases decorated the nightstands and other bland accents sat atop the dresser and armoire. "Here, this is more your style," Max grinned, curling his toes in the white fur rug under his feet.

"You won't be able to miss me in here, will you?" said Gregory, ruefully studying his own, chocolate colored skin and smiling. "I suppose that I asked for that, didn't I?" He turned to Max, who stood looking at him with a half smile on his face, and held out his hands in appeal. "So what happens next, Max? You're the one that has all the moves. Move me."

"It's never mattered as much as this matters to me now," Max said, voice soft and comforting as silk as he walked over to Gregory to take his hands. "Suddenly, I'm wondering if I have all the right power, if I can please you the way you should be pleased." A nod of his head and the room was once more transformed, this time into a smaller space with modest furnishings and warm colors. The lights dimmed and candles covered every available surface, casting the two angels in a soft glow. "Now, this is more like you," Max whispered, ridding himself of the rest of his clothes as he began to unbutton Gregory's shirt. "It's warm and inviting and modest."

Gregory allowed Max to strip him, lifting his arms, his feet, gasping slightly as the other being left kisses on the dusky skin as he exposed each new area. Naked at last he stood before Max, his strong body gleaming in the candlelight, his penis the polished stone that Alex had surmised as it bobbed untended between them.

"I'm glad that we've come to this at last, old friend," he murmured, and stepped forward to take Max in his arms.

They kissed each other tentatively, almost reverently, as their hands traced the contours of one another's bodies. This would be no urgent, desperate act, but rather the culmination of countless lifetimes of patient waiting. When they finally drew apart, Max smiled and looked at Gregory with such awe, the glorious light of his former self flashed across his features, making him appear to be, for just a moment, one of heaven's favorite children.

"I love you," Max murmured, leading Gregory to the bed and gently guiding him to lie down on it. He stretched out next to him and pulled him into another tender embrace as their lips met again.

Mouth to mouth, they sank down, each man adoring his companion as though at last they had been set free to say all that they had felt since the dawn of time. Fingers touched reverently, each gently learning the flesh of the other as their hands stroked and teased. They were both hard, but as yet they hadn't begun to pay attention to their genitals, still sucking and caressing each other's mouths.

"You are beautiful," breathed Gregory at last, pushing himself up onto one elbow to gaze down at Max. "I want to absorb you into my own body so that I have you like this forever."

Max smiled and reached a hand up to caress Gregory's face. "We've always been so good together. No matter what happens after this, I'll always be with you, loving you..." Sadness tinted his eyes and his hand dropped to touch Gregory's chest, slowly trailing down his stomach until it found the hardness jutting from his body. "I'm going to have to pay for this, for bringing you down like this. You know that God will forgive you, but... I can never be forgiven for leading one of His favorites astray."

"He forgives you. He loves you, Max; I love you too." The response to Max's touch was instant and unmistakable. Gregory gasped and thrust forward into the clutching hand. "And that feels wonderful," he said, reaching to do the same thing to his lover.

Hands stroked, bodies writhed and voices spoke soft endearments as their passions grew. Gregory couldn't stop kissing Max, couldn't stop his hand from sliding over the hard, slick cock he held. There was a tingling inside his body that insisted that he continue or die. It felt good, felt wonderful, and he knew that something would change for him in only a few more moments. He couldn't wait. With a cry of surprise, Gregory felt himself tip over into orgasm as for the first time in his existence he felt a human climax seize him.

Laughing with genuine delight, Max held him close, kissing and petting him as his orgasm continued to wrack his body. "Isn't it wonderful?" he gushed, swallowing whatever cries Gregory made as more waves of pleasure coursed through him. "Isn't it the most wonderful feeling you've ever had?" Max raised his hand to his mouth, grinning wickedly as he licked at the thick fluid coating it. "And it only gets better from here, my darling friend. I promise."

Helplessly clinging to Max as he rode out the sweet shocks that rocked him, Gregory could only pant. When it was all done at last, he lay in Max's embrace, eyes wide as he attempted to find something to say that might make sense.

"This is what mortals feel when they make love?" he said, feeling somewhat foolish. Max's smile as he gazed down at him was brilliant, tender, and he shivered at the feelings of love he felt overwhelming him.

"This is only the beginning," Max whispered, kissing Gregory's forehead with a tenderness he'd never shared with any other being before, not even Alex. "There are so many other things we are going to do, and when we do them, you're going to feel pleasure that you could never even imagine." He dipped his head to begin kissing a path down Gregory's chest, teasing and gently biting a nipple as he sought out ways to show his lifelong friend what he'd been missing.

hr

Alex was lounging in a comfortable leather chair, watching a home theater screen on which the movie playing was starring Gregory and Max. He held a beer in his hand as he idly fondled his growing hard-on through the well-washed denim that he wore.

He had known that Max and Gregory would look stunning together, and was settling down to watch with great anticipation, but seeing Max's tenderness towards Gregory had aroused rather more than sexual tension. He was feeling distressed, angry as he saw the two of them together and discovered the depths of their love for one another.

It suddenly dawned on him that he was jealous, although he didn't seem to be able to stop watching the two of them. He wanted to kill something - someone -- and soon.

His train of thought was broken when someone stumbled into the room. It was Liam, and from the flushed look on his face, he was in a panic.

"Alex, thank God," he said breathlessly, oblivious to anything but getting the other being's attention. "I've been trying to get in to see Max, but no one will let me in. They keep telling me he's with a very important guest and can't be disturbed by anyone." Stopping to catch his breath, he dropped to his knees beside Alex and stared up at him earnestly. "You have to warn him. I think Gregory is going to come after him. I don't know what he's going to do, but..."

Liam paused when he noticed that the dark look in Alex's eyes hadn't faded at all. In fact, it had appeared to grow at the mention of Gregory's name. "Oh, don't worry, sweet Alex," Liam said gently, raising himself up to stroke his lover's face, "Max will be all right. I think Gregory has some questions for him, that's all. I only wanted to warn him."

"Too fucking late for that, little angel." Alex spoke through gritted teeth, the urge to hit out violently almost too much for him to control. He glared at Liam, seeing the catalyst for what was occurring in the bedroom right there in front of him, and wanting to tear bloody strips from the pale and perfect flesh.

The two remained frozen for long moments, and then Alex exhaled and used his chin to indicate the screen on which the drama between the two archangels was playing out. "See them? I don't think your fucking Gregory is in any danger now, do you?"

Liam frowned, Alex's demeanor frightening him for the first time since they'd met, but he turned around obediently and looked at the giant screen.

At first, his mind couldn't quite comprehend the images he was seeing. The two bodies that were touching and stroking and kissing should have been familiar to him, but the context made it all wrong. He squeezed his eyes shut, sure that it was some trick of light, but when he opened them again he saw the same thing.

It was Gregory. Gregory and Max. Together.

"I don't understand..." Liam swallowed around the lump in his throat, tears beginning to sting his eyes as he watched his mentor and his lover doing things that should never be. "Why..." Shock and pain soon gave way to anger, and for the first time in his short life, Liam was livid. "What the fuck are they doing?" he shouted, crossing over to the screen and hitting it with all his might. "You fucking hypocrite!" he screamed at Gregory's image, spitting at the screen then closing his eyes against the sight of both angels sucking and licking at each other's cocks.

Fists clenched, he turned around to face Alex. "I don't want to be here, anymore, Alex," he said, voice thick with emotion.

"Why hold back, baby angel? Why not tell me how you really feel?" sneered Alex. "It's only sex. What does sex matter? Why should we care about them?" He rose to his feet and stalked towards the television screen. "Don't you want to watch them fuck? I wonder which one will top?" Watching Liam's distress made Alex feel a little better. He turned to watch the blond angel as he raged, drinking up the anger and making it his own. "What's your beef anyway, kid? You were thinking that you might put the moves on Gregory? Dream on."

"Of course not!" Liam spat, his fury growing with every passing moment until he began to feel less like himself. "How in the world would I expect the great and mighty Gregory to turn his back on God's rules for something as base as physical pleasure?" He sneered as he watched the screen. "He kissed me, you know. Gregory kissed me and then acted as if Satan himself were going to come after him. I guess he went to him, instead."

"Looks like he's resolved his inner conflicts right there, doesn't it?" snarled Alex. "Let this be a free lesson for you; don't ever trust them - especially when they ask you if you do. He was all over me this morning. He wanted me to trust him because he was going to keep me at his side forever and ever, amen. Just shows you how fucking lame people are, doesn't it?" For a moment his face looked stricken as he gazed at the figures on the monitor, then he kicked out with his heavy work boot, and the screen exploded into a million fragments.

Turning back to Liam, he smiled unpleasantly. "So, wanna fuck?"

"Oh, yeah," Liam growled, suddenly naked as he walked over to where Alex was standing. He jumped into Alex's arms, wrapping his legs around his waist as he kissed him viciously. "Do me like this," he groaned, writhing against the other being as his arousal pushed anything but animal need out of its way. "Fuck me, Alex. I want to feel you inside me. I want to...I want to be like you..."

"Like me? Oh, no you don't, baby angel." Alex dug his fingers into soft skin of Liam's buttocks, feeling it part and slick blood coat them as he ravaged Liam's mouth. "It takes a lot of distress to grow something like me. You've hardly even started, although if you ask me really nicely I might cut your arm off for you. That would help."

Dumping Liam down onto a nearby couch, Alex began to shuck his clothing as the young angel lay panting and looking up at him with his legs spread wide in invitation.

"Do anything you want," Liam said, reaching down to stretch himself open. "Everything I thought I knew is wrong, and I just want to forget. I don't want to feel any pain." His lips spread into a smile that looked decidedly like Alex's. "Unless you're the one doing it."

"Why me, little man?" Alex was naked now, and he dropped to his knees to sink his teeth into Liam's inner thigh. "Why do you think I can make you hurt better than they can?" As blood began to well from the wound he had inflicted, he licked his lips and smiled again at Liam's glazed expression. "Why do you come to me? Because I'm the only one available? You're a slut in the making, child." He fisted Liam's cock as he spoke, nodding as the young angel pushed into his grasp.

"No," Liam gasped, "it's more than that. The first time I saw you..." The sharp pain as Alex lapped up the blood was singing throughout his body, and he felt more alive than he thought possible. "It was you I was thinking about the first time I fell from grace. I...I couldn't stop thinking about touching you or having you touch me. I came so hard that first time..."

"Yeah?" Alex began to lick along the abused thigh, towards Liam's penis, which was already as hard as rock and leaking pearls of liquid. "And if I were to bite off your dick for you, would that please you? You'd be in a state of grace forever more, wouldn't you, little boy?" He dove down quickly, taking the bobbing cock ungently down his throat and sucking hard.

Liam cried out and grabbed Alex's head, forcing it down further and groaning when his cock slid down Alex's throat. "You frighten me," he said breathlessly. "You terrify me, but I want you so much." His back arched as the sucking heat on his cock began to drive him quickly to his release. "I...feel like you...could kill me at any moment..."

"Well, now…" Alex lifted his head, his eyes glittering as he surveyed the young angel that was spread out for his delectation. "That's an interesting thought. Do you want to die then, baby mine?"

"Why?" Liam asked, wide-eyed. "What's the use? I haven't repented any of my sins so I'd only end up..." The warm blue eyes turned icy and he pulled Alex to him with more strength than he was aware he had. "If you kill me, I have to be yours," he breathed against Alex's mouth.

"You want that? To be mine?" Alex hissed the words out as he studied the heavenly blue eyes. "Mine and not his?"

Nodding, Liam nipped at Alex's mouth. "I want to be yours."

"Be mine then," grinned Alex, bending again to take the youngster's cock in his mouth and suck hard. One hand pressed back against the base of Liam's balls as the other probed his asshole, pushing taloned fingers inside him. As Liam began to moan, Alex fucked him, pushing his fingers deeper and deeper until it seemed certain that Liam's flesh would tear.

The pain should have been unbearable, but Liam seemed to draw strength from it and his arousal grew unabated. "Fuck me," he gasped, body on fire as Alex's fingers pierced something inside of him. "Harder..." he groaned, his cock swelling in Alex's mouth even as he felt his insides being shredded. Barely hanging on to consciousness, Liam cried out softly and jerked his hips, sending his cock deeper into Alex's mouth as he climaxed.

Drinking Liam's essence down, Alex pulled his fingers away and replaced them with his cock, beginning to fuck his victim while he watched the glittering eyes that were fixed on his. "You want this? You want me? We should be equal then." He dragged himself out of Liam and bent to cut his own penis so that blood began to drip from it. "Our blood will mingle, and you'll be mine forever. Better run, baby angel. You might find that you didn't want that after all."

He could see no fear in Liam's eyes, only a harsh need that he knew he could fill. Plunging his penis back inside Liam, he began to fuck him hard.

Liam's fingers dug into Alex's back as he held on, each thrust pushing deeper and deeper into his ruined flesh, making him cry out. His cries weren't those of pain, though. Each grunt and gasp was caused by the pure pleasure he felt at the hands of the creature in his arms. Soon, he knew he'd be like him, and nothing and no one would ever be able to rule him again.

Sinking his teeth into Alex's shoulder, Liam lapped greedily at the blood that coated his lips and tongue. "Yes," he hissed, already teetering on the edge of orgasm again. "This is where I should be. This is what I am..."

"Come for me, baby. You and I together, we can make such a difference…" Alex came, flooding Liam with hot juices as he bent to kiss the angel, his fingers moving to encircle the slender white throat. Slowly, he began to squeeze.

The pressure on his throat made spots appear before his eyes, and Liam knew that the end was near. He could feel his body giving up the fight for life, the damage Alex had done too much for it to handle. Bright white sparks of pleasure cut through the haze as he climaxed for a second time, and he managed a gleeful smile as he reached up to touch Alex's face. "I love..." The words died on his lips as the last breath left his body.

As Liam's chest stopped rising and falling, Alex began to kiss him, lips touching the pale skin all over his face and neck as he began to sob.

He didn't quite know what he had done, but he sensed that the world had changed for him. Sighing softly, he laid gentle kisses on each heavy, translucent eyelid, and rolled to lie alongside the still body, holding it against his own as he kissed it.

He didn't hear the door opening, nor did he look up as footsteps approached him. Only when Gregory's voice thundered, "What have you done?" did he take his eyes away from Liam's pale beauty. A shiver ran through his body then and he smiled gently.

"He wanted it," was all he said, his voice honey soft and caressing, as though he was afraid to wake Liam.

Max appeared beside Gregory, eyes flashing fury as he took in the sight of the broken angel lying so still on the bed next to Alex. "Why, Alex?" he cried, rushing to Liam's side, holding a limp hand, tears beginning to fill his eyes. "Why did you have to kill him? What was it? Jealousy? You knew I cared for him..." He rested his head on Liam's chest and began praying to a God he'd long ago forsaken.

"He wanted it," whispered Alex again. "He hated you both for lying to him, for cheating him, and for going against things you'd sworn to him were inviolate." Alex hugged the limp body closer, his hand pushing Max away as he did so. "Leave him alone. He doesn't belong to you. He's mine now." He swallowed, and then laughed. "I won't teach him to trust, you know? He won't ever do that."

"He's dead, you fool!" Max shouted, joining Gregory on the other side of the room and holding the other angel to him, trying his best to comfort him. "He was an angel who took human form. He won't be coming back, Alex, not the way you did. The only way he could ever come back is if he had a power greater than Gregory's." Shaking his head, still trembling with anger, he glared at Alex. "You have killed the purest soul, Alex. You have to pay for that."

"Pay? My life was a penance. My death has been a lie." Alex sneered at the two archangels and turned back to the limp form in his arms. "How do you suppose you could possibly make me pay? What do you suppose you could do to me? Kill me? Go ahead." He laid his head down on Liam's chest and ran his hand over the slim body, learning it with his fingertips. "Go on. What are you waiting for?"

A bright light flashed through Max's eyes and he held his hand out to Alex. Quick as lightning, Alex was ripped away from the body and pinned to the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Where do we start, Gregory?" Max asked, grasping his lover's hand as they approached Alex. "Tear him limb from limb? Slice off his skin and feed it to him?"

"Seal off this room and leave him pinned here to the wall, watching Liam as his mortal body decays. Make him remain here forever to contemplate what he has done." Gregory's face was tight, a mask of pain that stole his beauty and rendered him grotesque.

"It's where I want to be, anyway," sneered Alex. "Why don't you just do it all and have done."

"So be it," Max growled, raising his hand. Before he could do anything more, both he and Gregory were slammed face first into the wall beside Alex.

"Leave him alone," a soft yet strong voice said from behind them. "Alex," Liam said, looking taller and stronger than he had before but still as pure and beautiful as he had been in life, "come to me."

Suddenly free, Alex ran to where Liam stood, pale and perfect, no trace remaining of any injuries. "Liam, you stayed with me." Sinking to his knees beside the young angel, Alex smiled up at him. "Don't do that again, love. I thought I had lost you forever, and I found out that it mattered to me."

Liam gazed adoringly at Alex, cupping his chin in his hand. "You haven't lost me, Alex. I feel more alive than I ever have." His hand slid up to tangle in Alex's hair and he bent down to give him a soft, sweet kiss. "I knew you were the only one who truly cared for me."

Straightening up, his face turned cold as he regarded the other two. Making them turn around to face him, he narrowed his eyes at them. "I'm not sure what's going on, but I do know that I want you gone from this place. You can either go of your own free will, or I can send you away." Smiling sweetly, Liam nodded at Max. "It's your choice."

"Liam, how can this be?" Gregory was frowning, his dark skin still pale as he studied his young assistant. "I don't understand where you have come from. You were so young and with so much to learn. What has happened?" He stood gazing at Liam, making no attempt as yet to leave.

"I...I remember a beautiful voice talking to me, telling me my destiny," Liam said, taking a step forward. "I was made to be the way I am now, and you were supposed to teach me everything. I was chosen to take over for you when you lost your way," his lips peeled back in a beaming smile, "but it seems we've both failed on that front."

"That's bullshit. You must not have been dead," Max said with a smug smirk. "That's the only explanation."

"Is it?" Liam pointed his finger at Max and grinned as the archangel flew to the ceiling, slamming against it hard enough to drive the breath from him. "So, where did the power come from?"

"Liam, I lost my way when I ignored your pain. I am sorry." Gregory sank down to his knees, his face twisted in pain. "Forgive me? You were right to blame me, but I have found out for myself that love is important between mortal bodies."

"Good lesson, huh?" said Alex. "Wonder who taught you that."

"I saw everything you did," Liam said softly, placing a hand on Gregory's cheek, caressing it with his thumb. "You never even let me speak about it. You made me feel as if I were the lowest creature on earth because I was curious and wanted answers to my questions. You were supposed to teach me and guide me." He smiled and dropped his hand. "Well, you did. You guided me into their arms and now I want to be with the one person who never lied to me."

"But Alex is no better than me," Max shouted from his position above their heads, struggling to break loose of invisible bonds. "In fact, he's worse than me. Even when he was human he had no conscience. Why do you think I love him?"

"You don't love me. You don't love anyone except for yourself, " growled Alex. "All that bullshit about me trusting you… It was just that, wasn't it?" He turned back to Liam. "You never lied, did you?" he murmured to the young man standing warrior straight at his side.

"He's hardly had a chance to lie; he's only a couple of days old," flared Gregory.

Liam looked at Gregory through narrowed eyes. "I know you've been wrapped up in yourself for a long time, but I have been walking this earth for more than a couple of days. Just because you haven't been around to guide me, doesn't mean you know anything about me. You can ask Joshua and Deborah, if you don't believe me."

"He's right, Gregory," Max said, sounding defeated and tired. "I remember the day he was created. I thought that a new joy would come into my life. I never imagined it would turn out like this."

Looking up at Max, Liam frowned and made him fall to the ground with a bone-crunching thud. "Shut up, Max."

Alex finally rose to his feet and touched Liam's face, reverently. "You are precious to me. Don't ever think that I have no conscience, or that I never learned to love." He leant forward and kissed Liam's forehead. "I need to go and wash, love."

Turning, he stepped over Max and headed for the bathroom without a backward glance.

Liam smiled as he watched Alex leave then turned back to the others, face once again set in a stony expression. "I think you should go. Max, since you're so cozy with Gregory, you may stay with him. I will stay here with Alex. Anyone who chooses not to be loyal to the two of us will be dealt with by Alex."

"Why are you doing this?" Max asked, wincing as he rose to his feet. "How can you be so cold all of a sudden?"

"You'd better leave before I throw you out," Liam said calmly.

"Come, Maximillian," said Gregory. "You and I have no need to stay here. You've returned to me, and I don't ever want you to leave me again." He took Max's hand and tugged at it, smiling when Max clothed them both in white suits.

Turning back to Liam, the dark skinned angel smiled sadly. "I was wrong, Liam; for that I am sorry. Don't destroy yourself because of my error. Don't desert the light; come with us and help us change it to be closer to your desires."

"No, Gregory. My place is here with Alex."

"Don't do this, Liam," Max said softly. "Don't make the same mistake I did."

"I won't," Liam smiled. "I'm never going back."

"You could bring Alex. If you wanted him, he could be yours, my friend. Don't go against God; you are too fine and too gentle for that." Gregory stepped forward again, trying earnestly to make Liam take note of the words he spoke. "You are too precious to God, Liam."

"You are going against God, Gregory," Liam said with a tilt of his head. "You and Max are damned if you're so determined to be together. Unless the rules of what angels can and cannot do change, there is no way for you two to continue your relationship."

"We will go to God." Gregory spoke urgently now, his desire to save Liam shining from him as he urged the young angel. "Come with us, Liam. We will plead for our cause. Love is all of creation. We angels have never understood it, but now I do, and so do you. Together we can teach the others what we have been lacking."

"Maybe I want to stay here and try to teach in my own way," Liam said softly. "Alex will not go with you, but he loves me, and we can stay here together. I will not let him create chaos and death the way Max did." He looked at Gregory with a determined glare in his eye. "I want to save him."

"Very well, Liam." Gregory's head drooped as if he had been defeated. "I will leave you here. You are too strong for me to compel, even if I wished to do so. I have found my own love after many thousands of years, and that makes me happy. I wish that you will find only happiness as well." He swiftly moved to where Liam was standing and dropped a kiss onto the young angel's upturned face. "You have taught me that we need love just as mortals do, and I thank you."

"I thank you, too," Max said, but keeping his distance. "If it weren't for you, Gregory and I would never have come to this."

"I'm more thrilled than you can imagine," Liam smiled stiffly. "Leave. Now."

Turning, both of the angels left Liam's presence.

Alex's return was quiet. He peeped around the door and saw that Liam was alone, and then went swiftly to his side. "I think they left," he said. "We're alone; I can feel it. Did Max go with Gregory?"

"Yeah, he did," Liam said, shoulders slumping as he turned around to sit on the couch, only to see it change into a bed before his eyes. "I'm not sure I can get used to this," he murmured, crawling onto it and stretching out with a sigh. "I was just thinking about how tired I am and, poof, a bed appears." He looked at Alex and beckoned him over to lie next to him. "Weird, huh?"

Creeping alongside him, Alex took Liam into his arms and held him again, this time feeling the vital throbbing of his pulse, and the soft rise and fall of the breast that nestled against his own. "I won't ever kill you again. I'm done with that. I thought I'd lost you," he whispered. "I suddenly realized that you were precious to me." Holding Liam was soothing, restful. He pressed his lips against the soft skin and whispered, "Max used to do that all the time, make furniture and stuff appear at will. Can't all the angels?"

"We're not supposed to be able to," Liam said, snuggling deeper into the embrace and smiling contentedly as he felt the tingle of arousal churn deep in his belly. He lifted his head to look at Alex very seriously. "Do you really love me?"

"I… I want to say yes, Liam, but I'm afraid to. I don't know if I really understand love. I know that when you died, I wanted to die with you. If that's love, then I've got a bad case of it." He laid his head against Liam's chest, listening to the strong heartbeat. "Max prayed to God for you," he murmured against the silky smooth skin. "He loves you too."

"He said he loved you, as well," Liam said bitterly, "but he didn't seem to care about hurting you, did he?" He stroked Alex's hair, brow furrowed as he thought about the whirlwind of events that had just occurred. "Did Max ever give you any power?"

"What kind of power?" Alex frowned. "He didn't need to give me power. He and I were always together." He moved a little, fastening his lips against a strawberry pink nipple and sucking on it for a moment. "He didn't trust me, though. He thinks that I am totally without loyalty."

Liam gasped, the smile returning to his face as he arched against the knowing mouth. "I know you're loyal. The way you stood by me today proves that to me." Sighing, he raised Alex's face to his and gently kissed him. "I want you to have it."

"Whatever you are going to give me, Liam, think about it first. You're just a kid. You're a beautiful, well developed kid, but you're still a little one really." Alex laughed. "You're my baby angel, and I am kinda happy that you're still an innocent."

"That's why I want you to have it," Liam giggled, moving quickly to roll them over and pin Alex to the bed. "I don't know what to do with all this stuff, and, frankly, I don't want it. So, I want you to have it." He smiled and reached a hand down to grasp Alex's cock. "Tell me you'll take it. I know that you'll be able to think of so many things you can do with it." Leaning in, his smile widened and he flicked his tongue over Alex's lips. "I want you to have my power."

"You… you really mean it?" Alex shivered, his body expressing the joy at Liam's touch. "How can you possibly not want power? Don't you want to share it?" Alex slid his hand around Liam's neck and pulled him so that their mouths collided. Liam's hand was driving him crazy as it stroked and tugged at his cock, and he found his hips jerking spasmodically as the young angel's touch began to drive him wild.

"I don't want to share any power," Liam whispered, lapping at Alex's mouth then throat, leaving a wet trail as he worked his way down his lover's torso. "I trust you and I want you to hold onto it and enjoy it until I decide I want some." He scraped his teeth over Alex's abdomen, grinning when he shivered. "Then you can give a little back to me." A thought suddenly occurred to him and he raised his head. "Hasn't anyone wanted you to be in charge before?"

"In charge? I should say not." Alex laughed softly as though the idea was completely crazy. "I've fought for everything I ever had, love. They used me, thought that I was a serf, and when I fought back they tried to kill me. I took things, they were never given, and when I was at last in charge, they hated me. In the end, they killed me."

Alex's hand wound into Liam's curls and he stroked the angel's scalp, his cock rising to touch Liam's lips in invitation. "Since I died, things have been a lot better, but I know I was Max's plaything," he said.

"Hmm," Liam sighed, taking a firm hold of Alex's cock and swiping his tongue over the head, "I think it's time someone treated you the way you deserve." Another lick, longer and slower this time, then Liam began mouthing the shaft, murmuring happily to himself as he did. "Yes," he whispered, "I definitely think I should be the one to let you be the man you've always wanted to be." His eyes met Alex's and he smiled. "The man I know you can be."

"I don't know if you should," groaned Alex as the heat of Liam's mouth closed over his cock. "I would be afraid to do something you didn't want." He pushed forward, letting Liam suck on him and moaning out his pleasure. "Give me your love; give me your body, and give me your time. I want them all."

"You've got them, Alex," Liam groaned. "You've got everything I have to give." He sucked Alex's cock deep into his throat, sucking and sliding his mouth up and down the thick shaft. Fingers teased and caressed Alex's balls, then delved deeper to push against the tight opening to his body.

"Are you going to top me, baby angel?" said Alex, suddenly, smiling down at the youngster who was working so busily on making him feel good. "Fuck; that would be hot." He raked his fingers through the blond curls, feeling their softness on his hands as he stroked and petted, and spread his thighs open to allow Liam in should he choose. "Come on; fuck me. That would be amazing."

Liam's head popped up and he looked at Alex in surprise. "You would let me? I...I've never... I could do that to you and you wouldn't mind? How do I..." He scurried up Alex's body to kiss him hard, greedily. "What do I do? Tell me how to make you feel good."

"Let you, little one, I think I'm begging you. I already feel good. You can make me feel a whole lot better though." Alex clung to him, exchanging greedy kisses, while Liam pressed tight against him, trembling in excitement.

"It works best if you do it with me on my hands and knees, if you haven't done it before. See." Scrambling into position, Alex peeped at Liam over his left shoulder, long lashes curling invitingly. "Come on. Kneel behind me and just go for it, love."

Liam wasted little time in moving into position. "Oh, Alex," he said hoarsely, his hands gripping Alex's hips, steadying himself, "I'm shaking. I've never wanted something so much." As if to punctuate his point, his cock jerked and appeared to have a life of its own as it sought out the tight opening. Liam's hand gripped it and guided it into place, feeling the puckered hole become slick and loose as he wished to cause Alex as little discomfort as possible. "Holy fuck," he gasped as his cock slid into Alex's body, and he stopped, holding onto Alex as he fought to maintain control.

"That's it, baby angel. You're a big boy now." There was an indulgent laugh in Alex's voice as he felt Liam's excitement surge through, transmitted from the youngster in some way he wasn't able to understand. "If you lean forward as you fuck me, you're gonna get my sweet spot and that will make me scream your name and beg you for more; you got it?" He wriggled his ass invitingly. "If you think you're gonna come without me, don't worry. I've got a good right hand - or you could help me along if you like."

"Alex, this feels so...I can't describe..." Liam bit his lip and pushed in deeper, crying out in surprise at how good it felt to have something so tight clenching and massaging his cock. He leaned forward as Alex had instructed, taking the opportunity to kiss the back of his neck. "This is incredible," he whispered, finally able to find a rhythm, pushing as deep as he could on each instroke. "Am I doing this right?" he asked, hand creeping around to take hold of Alex's cock.

"You're a quick study, little one," whispered Alex past gritted teeth. "You feel amazing." He pushed back against the cock that impaled him, hissing out his satisfaction as Liam stroked in again and again. "Next time we do this, I want to be on my back so that I can see your face while you do it. I'll bet you look gorgeous."

Liam beamed and moved with even more vigor, grunting from the effort of putting as much of himself into it as he could. "Tell me that you'll take my power," he groaned, hand working Alex's cock as he struggled to maintain a rhythm. "Tell me you'll take it and you'll do everything you've always wanted to do. I want you to be more powerful than all of them put together, Alex. And I want to be the only one standing by your side when that happens."

"Why, baby?" Alex could hardly speak. He felt the sparks kindling inside him that would soon explode into sensations he could ride as Liam redoubled his efforts to fuck him through the mattress. "Why do you want me to have it? I'm not an angel; I'm just a dead guy that nobody missed."

"Because...because you can handle it better than I could. I don't want it. I want you to have it." Liam's movements became erratic as he drew closer and closer to orgasm. "I sure hope...you're almost...ready..." he grunted. "Tell me you'll take it... Let me show you how much I trust you..."

"Take me there, little angel. I'm so ready to go." Alex could feel himself starting to lose it, the rapid fire jabs of Liam's cock just enough to kindle the flame within that would send his balls boiling to spurt their load through him. He lowered his head so that Liam was rasping over his trigger point, and groaned as he felt the white hot point of pleasure gather, tighten and finally flash out to radiate through him, making everything pulse as he shot his come over the bedcovers. "Oh, yeah," he panted. You got me, baby angel. Anything you want."

Liam couldn't speak as Alex's body clenched around his cock. Mumbling some incoherent words of love, he tipped over the edge and followed Alex to his own climax. Fingers digging into his lover's flesh, Liam threw his head back and cried out with pleasure, the sound almost a howl as his orgasm ripped through him.

"Take it," Liam gasped, pushing his hips forward as far as he could and willing the strength and power he had into his lover's body. "Take it."

The sound that Liam made was echoed by Alex as he felt a surge of blinding joy pulse through him, leaving him limp and feeling totally wonderful. He thought he could probably fly if he set his mind to it, and gradually felt himself leaving the bed to hover an inch or so above the sheets, with Liam clinging to him, laughing.

"Baby angel," he whispered as he dropped them back down to earth. "Do you know what you've done?"

"Yup," Liam giggled, nibbling on Alex's ear, "I gave you something no one else could or would. I gave it to you because I love you and you love me." He slid his hands under Alex's chest, holding him tightly. "Go on, do something else."

"What can I do? I don't know." Alex felt Liam slip out of him, and rolled over to pull him close. "How about this?" A moment's thought and the two of them were wrapped together in soft fleecy blankets that had appeared from nowhere to swathe them. "Are you warm, little one? Thirsty? What do you need?"

"I want some vanilla ice cream," Liam said, his face lighting up at the thought that he could have whatever he wanted, the notion that he could do it for himself if he'd kept the power never crossing his mind. "With chopped nuts and cherries."

"Yours, love," said Alex as he plucked a bowl from the air and passed it to Liam with a smile. "Tell me, have you sampled chocolate yet?" He grinned and a second bowl appeared, this one rich and brown. "I love chocolate."

"Ooh, let me try," Liam said eagerly, dipping his spoon into Alex's bowl and sampling the treat. His eyes widened and he smiled as he licked the spoon clean. "That is delicious. Everything tastes so much more delicious to me, now." He jumped up excitedly and straddled Alex's legs, bouncing up and down on him like a spoiled child. "Do something else. Can I have some wine?"

"Hey!" laughed Alex as he swiftly found a place to set down his dish so that it wouldn't be spilled. "You can have whatever you want, little angel. What kind of wine would you like?" He waved his arms as if he were a magician, and summoned up a tray on which there were a half dozen different bottles of wine and a corkscrew. "Your wish is my command," he grinned.

"I want the kind that you and Max gave me the first night..." He looked shy for a moment as he gave Alex a sideways glance. "It was delicious, but I trust whatever you think I would like. I want to...I want to get drunk!" Grinning wickedly, he leant down to give Alex an eager kiss. "I wish we were mortals, Alex. We could go out and have so much fun and never have to worry about the battle between good and evil."

"You know what, baby angel?" Alex's husky voice was soft, and his eyes were dreamy as he stared at something that only he could see. "That sounds kinda like heaven to me. Why don't we do that? We could leave the whole thing behind us and go play at being people. We could do it, I'm sure."

Absently, he waved his hand and the tray of wine vanished, leaving him holding a crystal glass full of ruby red liquid. He held it to Liam's lips.

Liam put his hands over Alex's, sipping carefully at the wine. "Mmm," he sighed, smacking his lips, "that's more perfect than I remember." He smiled and stretched out on top of Alex, holding him as he pressed soft kisses to his chest. "Do you miss being alive, Alex?" he asked, his voice barely a murmur. "I feel as if you've suffered so much, and I don't want to make you go through anything horrible again."

It was clear that Alex was thinking hard. When he finally answered, he spoke slowly, as though what he was saying was something he was only now beginning to understand himself. "Being alive was pretty harsh, little one. I was never able to do the fun stuff because I was charged with a mission. I hurt people, and they hurt me - especially the man I loved; he hated me. I used people and finally they got rid of me before I could cause them any further damage." He fell silent for a moment, and hugged Liam to his chest. "They cut my arm off, you know?"

"What?" Liam started back, eyes stormy as the thought of his lover suffering such unimaginable pain filled him with anger he wasn't sure he knew how to handle. "Who did it? Are they still alive?"

"I don't know," said Alex. "I hope not, but you know what? They didn't do it because they hated me or anything; they wanted to save me. They were ignorant peasants. It was the one that got me into that situation that was to blame, and I… I was in love with him."

Eyes narrowed, nostrils flaring, Liam glared at Alex. "Where is he?"

"Simmer down, little one," said Alex, huskily, his voice full of love for this young creature that seemed to want to defend him. "I don't know, nor do I care. I did things to him, and he did them to me in exchange. We're well rid of each other." He kissed Liam hard. "You know I never ever had anyone who cared about it before. Thank you."

The anger slowly drained from Liam's body and he relaxed against Alex again, sighing as he rubbed his cheek against the solid warmth. "How could anyone not care, Alex?" he asked, his voice small as he entwined his fingers with his lover's. "I don't understand why someone wouldn't care that you were hurt so much. I don't want you to be hurt, anymore, my Alex."

"I guess that makes up for a lot, little angel. You were sent to me in the nick of time, it seems." Alex kissed Liam again and began to stroke his back in long, firm, soothing sweeps. "I haven't precisely been a good guy, you know? The man I was in love with? I killed his father."

"And I'm sure you had good reason," Liam said without missing a beat. "You do not do anything without reason. Whether it be self-preservation or retaliation or fear, you don't cause pain for the joy of it." He raised his head to look into Alex's eyes. "I can see inside you, Alex. Had things started out differently for you, you would have been a great man."

"You really must be in love, little one," laughed Alex. "I can take you to a whole bunch of people that hate me, and when I died, they threw my body on a trash heap. Nobody ever cared enough to look for it, or even knew I was gone."

Liam was speechless, images flooding his brain -- images of his lover being alone and neglected in death with no one to mourn for him. Wordlessly, he began to cry as he stroked Alex's face, looking at him with such compassion it seemed his heart would break. Tears fell to splash onto Alex's chest, but Liam didn't appear to notice. He shook his head slowly, still too distressed by the idea of what Alex had been through to do much else. Finally, he leant in to press a sad, heartfelt kiss to Alex's mouth.

"Hey, what's this?" Alex dabbled a finger in the salty fluid on his chest and raised it to his tongue. "You're crying for me, love? Don't cry; I don't deserve it." He hugged Liam briefly and dropped a kiss on the top of his head. "It's all right, you know. I'm here with you now, and I can't believe that you care for me after what I did to you. I was not very kind to you, was I?"

"I...I don't remember," Liam sniffed. "I can't remember anything but how good you've made me feel. It breaks my heart to know how much you've suffered. I wish I could have been with you when you died. No one deserves to be alone at a time like that." He rested his head against Alex and sniffed again. "You may not think you deserve my tears, but you do."

"I killed you, little one, have you forgotten?" Alex rubbed the angel's shoulders. "I was cruel; it was painful for you, and I wanted it to be. I needed to make someone else hurt the way that I was hurting. Does that qualify me for your tears?"

"I wanted you to kill me, Alex. I wanted to die because...because nothing made sense to me anymore. I felt betrayed and it hurt so much." He kissed Alex's shoulder. "You didn't do anything to me that I didn't want, so you're going to have to think of another way to push me away."

"I don't want to push you away, little one." Alex turned the angel's face up to him, and began to place small kisses around the perfect pink mouth. "I want to take care of you and protect you. That's a scary thought for me, you know. I've been alone all my life." As Liam gazed at him, Alex possessed his lips in a deep, tender kiss.

"But this isn't your life, anymore, Alex. This is a new existence for you and you can't still act as if everything from your mortal life matters." He sat up a little, draping himself across Alex's chest. "You were alone then, but you're not alone now. You want to take care of me, but maybe I want to take care of you, too." He put his finger to Alex's lips, tenderly tracing them. "I mourn for the man you were because it ended so tragically for you, but I want to celebrate the being you are now." A smile began to creep across his face, lighting up his features. "I want to see you use your power, Alex. Use it to set things straight."

"What would set them straight, love?" Alex nipped at the fingers, sucking a forefinger into his mouth to tease it with his tongue. "I guess that I'm just plain mortal after all. I don't know how to use my powers. Want to help me? Set me straight and show me the way?"

"I don't know how to use them, either," Liam grinned as Alex sucked his fingers, "but it would be kind of fun to change some lives, don't you think? We could start with Max and Gregory." The darkness was back, and for a moment the angelic features were marred by whatever had given the young angel the strength to come back from the dead. "Max doesn't deserve to have a fresh start."

"Hey, little one." Alex took Liam by the shoulders and pressed him back against soft pillows, kissing him hard. "I don't want to stand in his way, any more than I want him to stand in ours. I want to be with you; I don't want to change any lives." He thought for a minute, and then smiled. "Except perhaps for one."

Liam's face softened again and he wrinkled his nose as he grinned and clasped his arms around Alex's neck. "Is it mine?"

"You got it, baby angel." Alex's face creased in an answering smile as he bent again to kiss Liam's mouth. "I've done all the damage I want to do. I've found you, and now I just want to enjoy you and to hell with the rest of them." He paused, and then laughed. "If you'll pardon the expression, of course."

"Where does that leave us, then?" Liam looked at him thoughtfully before kissing him again. "You have the power to do so much damage, but you're choosing to spend the rest of time with me, just loving me. I... Whatever I thought I could gain from being full of anger and hate, I don't want it anymore." He frowned, looking a little frightened. "But I'm not sure if we can just take it back, Alex. I want us to have normal lives together, but I don't think... We might not be allowed to go free."

"Anger and hate are boring after the first fifty years," whispered Alex, reaching down with his hand to caress between Liam's legs. "I've been there, done that. I want you to be the last person I ever hurt, and the first person I ever love completely, without any political agenda. What do you say? Am I a disappointment to you?"

"No," Liam gasped, cock twitching under Alex's touch, "you could never disappoint me, but..." He bucked his hips and spread his legs in an impatient invitation. "I would love to have a perfect life with you, but we could never leave this place, Alex. We'd be damned for eternity."

"I don't see why. Explain to me why that is?" Alex was gazing into the wide, blue eyes, expression rapt as he studied Liam's sweet face. His lips hovered over Liam's skin, mouth poised to capture his once the angel had said his piece. "I think if necessary, we'll go and explain things to God. It seems that He needs a certain amount of talking to. I'm not happy with His ideas on relationships. Besides," he grinned. "I don't see why He forgives everyone else and not us."

"I'm afraid... I think the only reason I came back was because Satan knew I was going to serve him." Liam's face crumpled and he clutched Alex to him. "That's the only reason I didn't die, I'm sure of it. I've sentenced us both to a life of damnation simply because I was hurt and angry."

"I don't think that one action will screw up the whole of your life, little angel. That would be fucked up, even for God." Alex paused, kissing Liam's shocked mouth even as he gaped. "I know that you're a good little angel, and that your whole attitude has been that of a good guy, so you can't tell me that your God would ignore that to go with one mistake? Never."

"You don't understand," Liam sniffed. "I...I can't go back to Him now, not like this. I don't think Max and Gregory are going to have any luck, either. They'll probably be joining us soon."

"Tell me why not. What don't I understand? Just because something has been so in the past doesn't mean it can't be changed." Alex shook Liam's shoulders gently. "I won't give up on you. We'll go and see God. You can take me."

"I don't know, Alex." Liam started trembling as if the very thought terrified him. "What do I do if He won't see us? I'm so afraid of Him banishing me."

"How is that any different from you banishing yourself, lover?" Alex laughed softly and bent to bite Liam's pectoral, worrying it gently. "We could…" He stopped caressing Liam and eyed him speculatively. "We could call in Max and Gregory, and get them on our side. I think they might have a vested interest, and not only that, but they owe us."

"Do you really think they'd want to help us at all? I...I was so cold to them, Alex." Liam's face fell, and he looked miserable. "I wouldn't be able to blame them if they want nothing to do with me."

"Baby angel, we have nothing but time." Alex captured Liam's mouth, his tongue plunging into the soft wetness as they kissed. "I can wait, but you will go back to God, no matter what. I've decided. He will welcome you."

Liam clung to him, sighing softly as he nuzzled his mouth. "I love you, Alex. If He tells us that's wrong, I'll happily come back to this life. I don't think I can imagine being without you." He was silent for a few moments. "Do you really think He'll welcome us?"

"I'll make Him, little one. He's got to melt for you. How could He not?" Alex pushed Liam back to lie against the pillows and stretched himself out on top of him, covering his face with kisses as he tried to make him understand and believe. "Everyone melts for you. *I* melted for you."

"Why?" Liam asked, holding Alex's face between his hands. "I don't understand how you could be so hard and mean one minute and then so soft and loving the next? I didn't do anything." He smiled and kissed him, sucking gently on Alex's bottom lip. "Don't misunderstand; I love that you want to be with me, but I don't know why you would. I don't know anything, I can't do anything, and I broke up you and Max. Why does that melt you?"

"I don't know. I know that I wanted you, and I wanted to have you, and then you died." Alex pulled away for a second, his body tense. "I didn't think you were going to die, love. I wanted you, and you wanted me to hurt you. When you died like that, I suddenly realized what I had done. I killed you, little one. I did it without a thought, and it was only then that I knew just how far I'd gone."

"But you've killed before," Liam said, the words gentle and without accusation, "and considering how angry you were, what would one more body be?"

"Not like that, love," the response came. "I never killed for no reason before. I killed, yes, but the people that I killed needed killing. When you came along, I was letting myself learn not to care about anything, and I hurt you without even thinking about the consequences. When you died, I realized that I'd done it, and that you were gone. It was the worst thing I've ever felt. I suddenly knew I was a piece of shit."

"Oh, Alex..." The words caught in Liam's throat and he hugged Alex tightly, pouring everything he had into the embrace. "I'm so sorry for making you feel that way. It's okay, now, though. I'm okay now and we're together. I won't put you through anything like that again."

"It wasn't you, darling. It was me - what I did." Alex returned the hug, all sexual overtures suspended in lieu of finding comfort from the arms of the being he was holding. "I suddenly realized what a complete waste of everything I was. You saved me, you know that? I killed you and you saved me."

There was silence as Liam looked at Alex in awe of what he was telling him. "That's what I was made for, Alex," he whispered. "I know that now. I was made for you, to save you, and now my reward is being with you forever."

"Like I said, baby angel, we've got time." Alex laid his head down on Liam's chest and listened to the strong and steady beating of the heart within. "I love you."

"I love you," Liam said, stroking Alex's hair, soothing him. "Whenever you want to meet with Max and Gregory, I'm ready. I trust you."

"I think we should do it as soon as we can. If we wait too long we're going to find that we start making excuses." Alex moved to take a rosy nipple between his lips and nibbled. "But first…"

hr

For the first time ever, Max noticed how cold it was as he and Gregory walked to the angels' headquarters. He wondered if it was his recent change of heart that made him more aware of his surroundings, or if it was a side effect of his nerves. Fumbling to reach for Gregory's hand, he gave him a shaky smile.

"I've never been so nervous," he said, mouth dry and stomach tied up in knots. "I don't like it."

Gregory was unaccountably quiet, although he could never be said to be talkative. His face was set into stern lines that only changed when his eyes met those of his new lover and he smiled.

"Maximillian, old friend, new love, I feel precisely the same way. I can't recall when I felt more like running away, although in the circumstances I don't believe that it would serve any useful purpose to run."

"Why don't we run?" Max said with a wry smile, squeezing Gregory's hand and stopping him in his tracks. He pulled him to face him and took his other hand. "Let's just get out of here, Gregory. I don't want to face the judgment of your lackeys or God, and you don't know what's going to happen when they find out that you broke the rules." His arms went around Gregory's neck, and he pulled him close. "Please, Gregory, I just want to spend time making up for our past mistakes."

"Listen, love," murmured Gregory. "Nobody from my department is going to judge us, or if they do, we will merely have to stand firm and stay together, and I think that when they do is soon enough to condemn them. Once we've faced the music, we will be able to relax." He leant forward to kiss Max, a long, sweet affirmation of a love long denied. "And I can't ever let you go now that I've found you. You are my true happiness."

"Oh, Gregory," Max whispered, nuzzling his lover's mouth then sighing as he pressed his face into the warmth of his neck, "we've been so stupid for so long, and now I'm afraid. For the first time since I was created, I know fear. I'm scared for us and for Alex and for Liam..." He raised his head, tears beginning to fill his eyes. "What's going to become of them? I can't stand the thought of losing them."

"I don't know what will happen." Gregory shot Max a look under his eyebrows, and grinned, looking very young as he did so. "Liam is a good angel, but frankly, Alex is about as far from good as… as it's possible to get. He's an evil man, Max. Do you think that he has the capacity to change for Liam?"

"I don't know. I don't think his being evil is going to be a problem for Liam." He frowned and once more leaned into the bigger man. "Despite what Liam said, I don't think he's interested in saving anyone. He was so angry, Gregory. I'm not entirely sure I understand why."

Gregory frowned. "Nor I," he said, quietly pondering his subordinate's reaction to the events of the day. "I think I should call Liam and talk to him. Maybe when he's had time to cool off he will be willing to tell me… to tell us, I mean." He stopped walking again. "Which should we do first, go and see my angels, or call the two of them?"

"We should see your angels," Max said, pulling back and taking a deep breath. "Let's just get it over with. Perhaps then we can decide how we're going to approach..." he looked towards the sky, "about all of this. I'm not looking forward to that."

"Very well. Liam and Alex can wait, for now. I bet I can guess what they are up to at the moment anyway." Gregory laughed, a low, rich rumble of sound that shook his body and lit up his face. "Strangely enough, I am not condemning either of them for their activity, because I can't wait to do it again myself, my love."

Max raised an eyebrow, a sly smile crossing his face. "You'd better be careful how we act in front of your little worker bees," he teased. "I think they might go blind if they see me grabbing your ass." He matched action to words, grinning as he pushed his hips forward, hand still resting on Gregory's backside. "Now I can't think about anything but fucking you."

"I'm shocked," whispered Gregory, bending to lay his head on Max's shoulder. "Not at you, love, but at the whole thing. I can't believe that I feel this way; I can't believe that I fell for you, or that you love me enough to reconsider your life. I can't believe that we never knew just how delightful this could be." He kissed Max's neck and then resumed walking, his arm around Max's waist. "Why didn't I ever know how wonderful it is?"

"Because you were too busy judging me and thinking that everything I stood for was wrong. That included sex and all the pleasure it can bring you." Max gave Gregory a knowing look, his face set in a smirk as the walked. "I love you enough to do pretty much anything, but you'll have to forgive me if I sometimes slip. I'd hate for you to keep judging the way I like to do things."

"Oh, hush, my love." Again, Gregory shot him that beaming smile as he walked. "I will try not to judge, just as you will try not to slip, but from time to time we are both going to fall short of our goals, I know it. We've done things in different ways for far too long, love."

They were approaching the door to Gregory's office block, and now, as they entered, Gregory's arm tightened around Max's waist, and he moved instinctively closer to his lover. "Take a deep breath, Max, we're going to be in the thick of it any minute.

Max smiled weakly and let himself be led into the building and up toward the living quarters. He was aware of nothing but how good it felt to have Gregory so close to him, but when he began to hear the soft, casual chatter of the group they would have to face, he immediately distanced himself from the other being.

They entered a large living area, and Max was surprised to see how comfortable and warm the arrangements were. Angels of all kinds were scattered about the room, lounging and speaking animatedly. For a moment, Max wondered if anyone would have any objections to his presence. That notion was shattered when a tall, lanky, dark-haired man caught sight of him and motioned for the others to pay attention.

"Maybe I should wait outside," Max whispered, sweat beading on his upper lip as every eye in the place glared at him.

"Chicken," murmured Gregory, fondly. He reached to take Max's hand and tow him until they were both within the room. "You all know Maximillian, I know," he said, with an urbane smile. "He's very graciously come with me today so that we can have a meeting. I want you all to treat him with respect. There have been some changes, and I believe there will be more before too long."

"But what is he doing here?" Joshua stood up and stalked towards the pair. "He's a killer, Gregory. How has he tricked you into bringing him here? It could be a trap."

"It's not a trap or a trick," Max said softly.

Joshua's eyes fell to the clasped hands and he took a step back. "It's a trick, everyone," he said in a warning tone. "He's taken over Gregory's mind."

"No he hasn't," said Gregory, reflexively. "If anything, I've taken over his. We've reached an understanding at last - one that it's taken millennia to arrive at." Gregory smiled at Max, a little sheepishly.

"An understanding?" Deborah frowned, flinching as Max eyed her appreciatively. "How can we possibly reach an understanding with Satan's emissary?"

"People," said Gregory. "Max came with me from friendship to greet you all. Today is the dawn of a new beginning, and I would like you to extend him the same courtesy you would accord to any angel."

"But he's a killer, Gregory," Joshua persisted. "You cannot be friends with a creature like that."

Max let go of Gregory's hand, frowning at the troublemaker. "If you'd give me a chance to--"

"You don't get any chances," Joshua said, stone faced as other angels nodded in agreement. "You may as well be Satan, himself. Our duty is to fight you and the evil you represent. I don't know what perverse things you've done to make Gregory lose his mind--"

"You hold it right there," Max growled, fists clenched at his sides. "You may insult me, but you may not hint at any slight towards Gregory, do you understand me?"

"It's all right, love." Gregory whispered, and then turned to look at Joshua, his face set and stern. "You will be silent," he growled. "You will all be silent until invited to comment. Now, listen to me."

"Gregory?" Rachel spoke from the back of the room. "You can't blame us for worrying. Why did you bring Maximillian back with you? Don't you know what he's capable of?"

There was a generalized buzz of voices, some advocating turning Max out, others suggesting incarceration. Nobody mentioned the possibility of listening to what Gregory had to say, and suddenly, Gregory snapped.

"Be quiet," he bellowed, the voice stentorian amid the hubbub. "If you don't shut up right now, I will ensure that you are all recalled."

Stunned silence followed as all eyes stared at Gregory in shock. From the expressions on their faces, the angels were obviously distressed by the turn things had taken, yet were too fearful to voice any more objections.

Finally, a meek redhead sitting in the back stood up and nodded at Max, hands clenched nervously in front of her. "Please, forgive us for being frightened," she said, voice barely above a whisper, "but we've all been raised on nothing but tales of how much we should fear you."

Max visibly relaxed, smiling at the young woman. "Don't sweat it, sweetheart," he winked, "I've had to put up with a lot worse."

"As you all know, we have recently had a new companion come to join us. His name is Liam." Gregory's voice cut through the beginnings of fresh murmuring to restore comparative quiet to the room. "Deborah and Joshua welcomed him for us, and he has proven to be a very able young angel."

"Where is Liam anyway?" Joshua's voice was loud enough to be heard throughout the room, and a fresh set of murmurings rose and fell like the sea as angels suddenly realized that one of their numbers was missing.

"Liam is going to be along in a little while," said Gregory, confidently. "I wanted to present Maximillian to you, and let you know that he is going to work with us on a much more frequent basis. He's decided that he will join with us."

The announcement resulted in a louder reaction and confused looks from the group.

"Why?" Joshua asked, watching Max with more than a little mistrust. "What does he get out of it?"

Max rolled his eyes and sneered at Joshua, any lingering nerves long gone. "For your information, what I get out of it is none of your fucking business." The gasps he heard flicker across the room made him snicker and he shook his head as he tried to compose himself. "I'm sorry, you guys, but all this Justice League "banish the bad guy" bullshit has got to stop. Either you accept I'm on your side, or you don't. I don't really give a shit what you do. I'm here for Gregory."

"What do you mean?" A small, dark haired angel named Jeremiah was the speaker. His voice cut through the babble following Max's pronouncement. "Why would Gregory need you? You're the son of Lucifer. What can you possibly offer him?"

"He can offer me his love." The soft pronouncement from Gregory was nevertheless loud enough to make everyone gasp. There was a brief, shocked silence, and then the hubbub began anew. "Shut up," roared Gregory. "I haven't finished speaking yet." He looked around at the group. "You all know me well. You know that I play fair and that I don't lie, so listen to me now. For thousands of years, I have loved Maximillian, and he has returned that love. It has taken until now for us to express that to each other, but the expressing of it has wrought a change in both of us, and I stand before you all today to tell you that I love Max, and that he returns my love. That is all."

Joshua looked as if he were fighting a losing battle to control his anger. "What is that supposed to mean? How have you expressed your love for each other? You couldn't possibly have done something that's forbidden to us, so do you love him the way you love all of us?"

Max laughed and looked at Gregory. "I sure hope not."

"You be quiet, too," growled Gregory at his most stern. "Love is something I have always felt for all of you, in a dispassionate and gentle fashion, but the love I bear for Max is not like that. He is necessary to me, needed as much as breathing, and after millennia of denying it, I have finally decided to do something about it. Max and I are lovers." He reached to pull Max to him, and very deliberately kissed him on the lips.

The sounds that skittered throughout the room ranged from horrified disbelief to saddened surprise, but none of the angels appeared able to do more than stare at the couple.

Feeling the eyes on him, Max smiled against Gregory's mouth, his arms sliding around his lover's waist as he pushed closer and deepened the kiss. The shocked gasps that erupted when his hands slid down to caress Gregory's ass only made him more excited, and his burgeoning erection began to press insistently against the answering swell in Gregory's trousers.

"This is disgusting," Joshua spat, finally finding his voice. "The two of you are disgusting and will burn in Hell for this."

Max broke the kiss and looked at the annoyed angel with a smug smile on his face. "Jealous?"

"Gregory?" It was Rachel again, moving uneasily as she watched the two men embracing. Her gaze was shocked but unwavering, and as Gregory turned to face her, she licked her lips, nervously. "We've been taught that sex between us is wrong. How can you do this now, after all the things that we have been told?"

"Rachel, I don't know." Gregory had tears in his eyes as he spoke. "All I know is that I had to do it. I love this person, and through him we are both complete."

Max smiled warmly at Gregory, tightening his arms around him and resting his head on a strong shoulder. "Like I said before," he sighed, "I really don't care what any of you think. Coming over here, I was terrified that you'd judge me and toss me out on my ass." He lifted his head and fixed Joshua with a dark glare. "But now I see that your opinion doesn't really matter to me. Gregory loves me and I love him. That's all that counts."

"You can never come back into the fold," Joshua said with a defiant tilt of his chin.

"Oh, yeah?" Max grinned, letting go of Gregory and walking over to the stubborn angel. "You're God's spokesman, now?"

"You are a devil. Why would He want you? He will turn His back on you and your lover." He looked disgusted as he said the last. "And the both of you deserve to rot forever for the deviance in which you've partaken."

"You know, I've really had enough of you." Max smiled a wicked smile and waved his hand at Joshua. Before anyone knew what was happening, Joshua had been transformed into a rabbit. Laughing, Max bent down to pick him up and cuddled him in his arms. "There we go. You're much less annoying now."

"Maximillian!" said Gregory, sternly. "I'd rather you didn't turn my entire entourage into rodents. Joshua is annoying, but he's only repeating what he's heard for millennia - what I myself believed until today. You can't blame him for reacting badly." He took the rabbit from Max and placed it down on a chair. "Just stay there and sit still, Joshua. I'll see about you changing back after the meeting." He turned back to the audience, who were now sitting with their collective mouths open.

"Think about it, my friends. This is a good thing. We are beginning a new era, and my friend Maximillian will be with us as we go."

Deborah shook off her shock and turned to Gregory. "He's not going to keep doing that, is he?"

"Not unless you give me reason to," Max snapped, immediately backing down at the look Gregory gave him. "What I mean is, I may still have a few things to learn about how things work up here."

"Very well," Deborah nodded. "Gregory, what are our immediate plans? And why isn't Liam here?"

"He's remained behind at Max's place, temporarily. I am going to call him in a few minutes, once we get over these…" he glanced at Max and rolled his eyes. "…introductions." A faint smile quirked Gregory's lips as he felt Max's twitch at his words. "Now I wish to make something plain to you. Joshua called Maximillian a devil, but that's incorrect. Max is an archangel, and God will be happy indeed to welcome him home. How can you do any less than God, my friends? Make him welcome, and we will all be one step closer to the peace we've fought for over millennia."

Another round of murmurs moved in waves around the room, but this time the sound was one of hope and goodwill. Max grinned at Gregory as he heard some of the whispers of approval at the turn of events, and moved to take his hand.

"How long do you think this'll last?" Max asked his lover. "Before they come to their senses, I mean."

"Behave yourself," whispered Gregory, sotto voce. "If they hear you, they'll start getting their underwear in knots again, and then I will be forced to turn you into… I don't quite know what, but I'll think of something." He had relaxed somewhat, and now he slipped his arm around Max in a gesture that was both proprietary and protective. "Let's hurry up and get this over with. I want to phone Liam."

"We don't phone Liam until I get a piece of something special," Max whispered back, turning to the group and whistling loudly to get their attention. "Hey, guys, if you've got any other questions, hold on to them. We're gonna go do some brainstorming and Greg's going to help me bone up on a few things."

The angel called Sarah was the first to speak. She stepped forward, eyes downcast, and stood in front of Max. "I wanted to say welcome home, Maximillian. If you are truly with us once more, then this is indeed a day for celebrations."

"He truly is, Sarah." Gregory's smile was wide, his teeth white and strong. "And I think that it's time to put Joshua back, my friend," he murmured.

"Oh, man," Max frowned slightly then smiled at Sarah. "Thanks, Sarah," he said, stepping forward to give her a hug, the embrace lasting a little longer than she would have liked. Waggling his eyebrows at her as he let go, he then turned to the rabbit that was sitting quietly on the chair. "Okay, you… Keep your mouth shut or I make you a slug." He waved his hand dismissively and Joshua appeared before them.

"This should be proof that he can't be trusted," Joshua began immediately.

"Aww, Greg," Max said, his irritation evident. "Would you tell him to shut the fuck up, please?"

"Joshua," said Gregory, his voice stern. "You heard him. I will not intervene again." Turning away from Joshua to drop a kiss onto Max's cheek in an attempt to divert his lover's attention, Gregory began moving towards the door. "We will meet here again at 8 tonight, at which time, I hope that Liam will be able to be present. Once that happens and you see that he is fine, we will begin to plan for a bright future."

Max turned around to give Joshua a warning glare before following Gregory out. "Where are we going now?" he asked, feeling playful as he grabbed his lover's ass. "I hope we're going to get naked in a second. I'm dying for you to jump my bones."

The sounds of voices raised in speculation burst out as soon as Max closed the door behind them. Gregory laughed softly. "I suppose it's too much to expect them to accept something straight away when we've been taught for thousands of years that it's wrong. Angels are nothing if not hidebound, unfortunately." His fingers slid up Max's spine, guiding his lover gently towards the room that he called home. "My place isn't what you'd call palatial next to yours, my love, but you are welcome there."

"As long as I'm with you, anywhere is a palace, lover." Max opened the door to Gregory's room as if he owned the place and began peeling off his clothes as soon as he stepped over the threshold. "Time for us to christen this place, don't you think?"

"For the first time in this building, there will be physical love. That is astonishing to me." Gregory backed Max up against the door, not pausing until the angel was pressed against it, smiling his snippy smile as he lifted his face and pushed his hips forward to rub against Gregory. "And you, my dear friend, are a slut." His mouth captured Max's, preventing any further speech, as arms clasped and tongues twined.

hr

Max's head rested on Gregory's thigh, the smile on his face absolutely beatific as he traced lazy figures on his lover's side. "I swear the earth moved for me, and from the feel of things, it was enough to change the face of the planet," he said, a cheeky tone to his voice as he pressed a kiss to the sweat slick skin. "I wonder if some island in the South Pacific is underwater right now."

"If it is, I pray that it was uninhabited," smiled Gregory, too sated to make any move other than to stroke Max's sweaty hair with one lethargic hand. "All those years that I never knew, Max. What a waste of lost time. I wish I had known. I would never have been able to hold you away from me for all that time."

He yawned, and then gazed down at Max with his eyes full of love. "You and I will be together from now on, won't we, old friend?"

"Oh, yeah," Max said with a tired chuckle. "We've had to endure too much to get to this point. The least we can do from here on out is be with one another forever." He took hold of Gregory's hand and brought it to his lips, kissing each finger. "You've got to know it's love if I'm willing to leave my other life behind for you."

"I do, Max. I am surprised and flattered that you would love me enough; I promise that I will be worthy of your sacrifice, and will spend my life trying to compensate for what you have given up." Gregory's wry smile was the only indication that he was joking. "I think that I should call Liam and try to set things right, don't you?"

Max groaned and moved to slowly creep along Gregory's side so he could lie next to him. "I think we should. I really am sorry that he was hurt by any of this. He's a wonderful creature and doesn't deserve any kind of pain." He sighed and slipped an arm around Gregory. "I hope Alex will be kind to him."

"Yes, Alex. You know him and I don't. Where did he come from? What sort of being is he? He isn't an angel; that I know. Is he a demon?" Gregory's caressing hand slid along a firm, silken flank. "Tell me what you can. I need to be prepared."

"He was a soul," Max said, unable to keep the sadness out of his voice. "He was murdered and I had a chance to win him over. It worked and..." He smiled as he thought back to their time together. "He could have taught me so many things about the ways to make people suffer. It was a beautiful thing to watch him manipulate and maim, and I felt honored that he would have such affection for me." He tightened his arm around Gregory. "I really did love him, Gregory. I felt as if he were the missing piece of me."

"Oh, Max…" Gregory's voice was shocked, silent. "I've left Liam with him; he's a monster and he has my innocent young angel." He sat up and reached for his cell phone, dialing rapidly. When it started to ring, he bit his lip in an agony of apprehension. "Come on, someone. I need to speak to Liam."

A few long moments ticked by and finally a soft voice got on the line.

"Hello?" Liam sounded as if he'd just woken up.

"Liam? It's Gregory." Gregory's hand tightened on Max's arm as he heard the young angel's voice. "I need to speak to you. Do you have a moment?"

"Gregory? Yeah, I've got some time. What's up?"

The fingers relaxed a little as Liam spoke. "Max and I have been friends for millennia," Gregory said, somewhat off topic. "You brought us together. I wanted to say thank you before I say anything else to you."

"Save the thanks." The voice was instantly terse. "What do you want?"

"To be friends? To make amends? I want to invite you to come back, and to tell you that I was wrong." Gregory's hand had resumed its gentle stroking of Max's soft skin.

Max watched Gregory expectantly, letting the soft caress comfort him as he tried to follow the one-sided conversation.

"Well, it's funny that you should want me back. Alex and I were talking about perhaps having a meeting with you and Maximillian. The possibility was raised that we could form a united front if Alex and I should seek forgiveness for our sins. But before you get too excited," he added quickly, "I'm not thinking of joining your ranks again."

"Max and I have been talking about going to see God. We want to make a case for love. You opened my eyes to so many things; I have been blind for many years. I hope that you and I can become friends in time." The archangel's words were articulated slowly as he picked his way through possible minefields. "Will you come with your Alex to meet with us?" he asked.

"Hold on." There was the sound of muffled talking then Liam got back on the line. "Okay. Alex has agreed to the meeting. We'll see you in the morning at headquarters. Is there anything else?"

"Just to tell you again that I'm sorry, Liam; I'm sorry for my short sightedness. Will you forgive me?"

"That would make me divine, wouldn't it?" Liam asked dryly. "Let's just concentrate on what the two of you want out of this, and what Alex and I want out of it."

"Liam? I don't suppose you and Alex would come for a meeting with the others tonight, would you? This evening at 8?" Gregory spoke rapidly, his mind racing ahead to the meeting he'd set up for later.

"What for? Is it because I suggested doing it in the morning? Are you still under the impression that you can call and I'll come running?"

"No, Liam, nothing like that." Gregory drooped, feeling that he had lost the young angel for which he'd had such high hopes. "I am anxious to see you. The nature of this matter has made me feel rather impatient, that's all. I am trying to change the outlook that has been instilled in us for thousands of years, and it's a scary prospect. If you and Alex will meet with us tomorrow morning to hash out how we will proceed with higher management; that is good. This other meeting would be to assist in helping the others to adjust to somewhat radical changes - changes that you helped bring about."

"Oh, I see," Liam laughed, the sound hollow, "misery loves company, right? Strange how these radical changes were verboten until you actually got in on them. Nothing like your first fuck to help you see the light, eh, Greggie? No, I didn't bring about any change; you wouldn't have let me. It wasn't until you and Max finally tumbled into bed that it suddenly dawned on you that I wasn't as out of line as you told me I was. It was all you, dear Gregory, and I think you should have to convince that group all on your own."

"If you feel that way, then of course I will." Gregory's heart was heavy as he spoke; the idea that Liam might return to them further away than ever. "But you are wrong; you did make me change. I had never considered sex until you made me think about it. If not for you, I would still be frozen."

"Fine, I gave you a little thrill, maybe gave you a hard on," Liam chuckled. "And how did you repay me? You fucked the one person who wanted me from the very beginning and who made me feel loved and accepted for the first time. You took him from us and didn't even think twice about it. I hope you're going to enjoy the rest of your time together. If Alex ever changes his mind about making you pay, the two of you will be very sorry."

"How did I take him from you?" Gregory's voice was still soft, but his face was intent, thoughts chasing each other across the smooth face. "I didn't take anything from you. Max was never faithful to you. Why would you assume that one more fuck would be different, even if it was me?" He paused for a moment, swallowing painfully. "Liam, I was wrong not to listen to you, but I've believed that sex was sinful for ten thousand years. Do you condemn me for finding change a difficult thing?"

There was silence on the other end as minutes ticked by. Finally, Liam spoke again, his voice strained. "It shouldn't have been the two of you, Gregory. We saw you, saw how loving you were with each other, and we knew that there would be no room for us with you in the picture. But... It just shouldn't have been Max, that's all." There was a sniffing sound and Liam cleared his throat. "No matter. Alex and I are seeking a special favor and we could probably make a stronger case if you are there to plead for you and Max. We'll meet with you in the morning, but I have to think about tonight."

"Thank you, Liam." Gregory laid his head down on Max's shoulder and allowed Max to put his arms around him. "I hope that you and Alex can forgive us some day; if you knew how long we have been together but apart, you might forgive. My feelings for you haven't changed, you know, and nor have Max's. We've added love, not taken it away."

"I... I'll think about tonight," Liam repeated. "Alex is waiting. I should go."

"Okay, Liam. Thank you." The phone went dead, and Gregory closed it, lying it down and turning back to Max. "Have I ever told you how I feel about you, my evil one?" he whispered.

"Yes," Max murmured, stroking Gregory's face, his own filled with concern over what he'd heard, "but tell me again, my angel."

"I'll do better than telling you, dear one." Gregory kissed the fingers that caressed him, and then bent to ravish the finely molded mouth. "I'll show you. Then I'll show you again just in case you missed it the first time."

hr

Liam hung up the phone and turned to Alex, the confusion and pain he was feeling etched on his face. "Why do I feel like I want to hurt him?" he asked softly. "When you and I were talking, I was ready to see them, but hearing him on the phone, I just..." He shrugged helplessly. "The last thing I wanted to do was help them in any way. Why is that?"

"I don't know, baby angel, I really don't. Could it be that you feel as if they're getting away with things?" Alex beckoned to Liam, and when the young angel approached, pulled him into his lap. "I think you'll be over it in time, but I also don't think we can afford to lose their goodwill at the moment. We want to change things for everyone, don't we? And I think we want the same things they do." Alex put his arms around Liam, petting him gently as he spoke, then looked into Liam's eyes. "Tell me something; did you fall for Gregory?"

For a moment, Liam looked young and vulnerable and a little guilty as his big blue eyes widened at the question. "Maybe," he whispered. "Maybe the day he ran out on me, I was starting to feel something and thought maybe I could be the one to let him see that physical love can be a beautiful thing." He lowered his eyes, mouth set in a sad pout as he remembered. "But he pushed me away from him as if I was made of poison."

"You know what? I bet he was afraid of what he might do if you and he were in close contact for any length of time." Alex's voice was only slightly amused, but he squeezed Liam tightly as he cuddled him. "Man, you should've clung to him right then; I bet he'd have given in and leapt on you." He kissed the back of Liam's neck, running his lips over the peach fuzz on the nape of his neck as he spoke. "But then I might not have you, and I'm glad I do."

"Yeah, me too," Liam said, a smile curling the corners of his mouth as he nestled against Alex and the comfort his embrace provided. "I may have thought I'd want to stay a good guy and given up on you and Max. I'm not sure, though," he said, brow furrowed. "You've been on my mind since the first time I saw you. I might have been able to stay away from Max, but you would have been missed too much for me to keep my distance."

"Really?" Alex gave him a delighted smile. "You're special. You gleam, sweetheart. I don't understand how you could love a dead man when you are such a pure, amazing creature." He pressed his mouth to Liam's, tasting the subtlety of the angel's breath. "I adore you, baby angel. Do you think we can give the others a break and forgive them, or do you want to make them pay? I'll be guided by you, little one, ‘cos now you're mine, I don't care about the others."

"I guess we should forgive them and just work on getting our own forgiveness." Liam rested his head on Alex's shoulder. "I wouldn't make a very good dark angel, would I? I'd kind of like the chance to live the life for a while, but I guess I shouldn't."

"It's over-rated, kid," whispered Alex. "All you do is get yourself hated, and it's not even fun. After a while you're doing it because there's no way out, and you're bored, so bored." Alex sighed heavily. "Back when I was alive, I could have had love, could have still been alive if it hadn't been for the things I'd done. Don't get trapped like that. You're so perfect; you don't deserve it."

Liam raised his head and looked at Alex as if studying him. "I think you're perfect, too," he said with a nod of his head. "I want to be alive with you, Alex," he whispered. "Do you think if we ask for forgiveness we can both be given our lives back? I mean, real lives. I want to be mortal and live with you and grow old with you."

"Awww… Baby angel." Alex held him tight, cradling him as though he was fragile. "I wish we were just people, but you aren't human, are you? You've never been human. I love that you're an angel, but I guess that you aren't happy."

"Would you love me less if I weren't an angel?" Liam asked carefully. "If you don't want me to be a mortal, I won't do it. The thing I'm most afraid of is losing you to death and having to wait until the day we can be together again. But right now, we can be together for eternity without worrying about being separated." He huffed impatiently, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "I don't know what the hell I want, do I?"

"Yeah, you do." Alex laughed and kissed his cheek. "You want me, and that's a good thing. I don't quite know how I'd manage if you decided that you didn't after all." He stood up, lifting Liam with him, his arms still cradling the slender blond. "I don't think I'd love you less. How could I? It's you that I love, not the fact that you're an angel." He walked with Liam over to the bed and dumped him down on the cover, stretching out beside him and pulling him close again. "Wish I could see your wings, though. I would love to have wings."

"I can give you part of that," Liam said with a smile as he kissed Alex's nose and got up from the bed. Taking his place to stand at the foot of the bed, he closed his eyes and spread his arms. The change began almost immediately as the clothes seemed to melt from his body, leaving a figure that glowed radiantly as if some inner light was illuminating his skin. His shoulder blades began to shift and change, growing as his true form continued to reveal itself, the burden of a human body no longer barring his transformation. Finally, large wings unfolded and spread out behind him, the color as pure white as new fallen snow and shimmering as if a million stars were caught in them.

Liam giggled as he started to rise a few feet off the floor and opened his eyes to smile down at Alex. "What do you think?" he asked, his voice as soft as the wings that protruded from his perfect body.

"Oh, my God," whispered Alex, reverently. "You are the most beautiful thing I think I ever saw." Alex had clambered to his knees, and now knelt beside Liam at the foot of the bed, looking up at him with his heart in his mouth. "How could you ever be satisfied with me?"

He reached up to touch the iridescent wings, fingertips delicate on them as he admired them.

Liam touched his feet to the floor once more and closed his wings around the both of them, leaning down to kiss Alex with as much love as he could muster.

"I could never be anything but satisfied with you," he whispered as the wings gently caressed Alex's skin. "I love you, Alex, and you are the most beautiful thing in the world to me."

Bathed in the warmth of Liam's embrace, Alex felt himself changed. He was loved at last, revered by this creature so far above him. "Liam, my angel, I can't believe that you're my love. You and I are going to be together for the rest of time, if I have to kill God Himself to achieve that."

Liam gazed at Alex lovingly, his hands gently holding his lover's face between his hands as he leaned in to tenderly kiss his mouth. "If I were God, I'd be worried right now," he smiled against the soft lips, "because I have a feeling you keep your word when it really matters."

hr

Liam held Alex's hand tightly as they made their way into Gregory's building and upstairs to the angel headquarters. They passed by the living area where the other angels were gathered discussing the recent events and waiting impatiently for the meeting that was still half an hour away. Exchanging a smile with Alex, Liam led him straight to Gregory's room. Without knocking, he opened the door, smiling when Max and Gregory jumped at the unexpected intrusion.

"Kiddo!" Max said happily, getting up without thought to his nakedness and crossing the room to embrace the young angel. "We weren't sure you were going to make it tonight." He turned to hug Alex and kissed him on the cheek. "You two made the right decision."

"Yeah?" Alex studied the two beings that had been lying entwined until they had entered. Gregory was deep-chested, broad and strong, his legs hugely muscled. Max, sturdy as he was, was slim by comparison, and his pale skin glowed beside the coffee cream of Gregory's. "How's it going, Max? Did you miss me yet?"

"Liam," whispered Gregory, rising to his feet to greet the slender blond. "Thank you for coming. You won't regret it, I promise."

Liam didn't hide the fact that he was admiring Gregory's body as his eyes fixed on the defined muscles of his torso then slowly slipped down to look at the cock hanging between his legs.

"I'm already happy that we're here," he grinned, giving an approving nod before turning to wink at Alex. "Nice to see you're so free with your body now, Gregory."

Max chuckled and stepped in front of Gregory, blocking Liam's view. "To answer your question, Alex, yes, I miss you. It's only been a short time since our separation, but I feel as if a piece of me is gone forever. You mean a lot to me." He smiled at Liam and reached a hand out to touch the younger being's cheek. "So do you, kiddo. I'm so sorry for hurting the two of you."

"I thought I'd never see the day," murmured Alex, somewhat sarcastically. "Maximillian apologizing for hurting someone? Must be a first." He smiled at Liam, winked as he swiveled his eyes past Gregory's magnificent physique, and then threw himself into a chair, posing histrionically. "Don't mind me; just carry on with whatever you were doing."

"We were actually thinking of getting dressed," said Gregory, who was a little flushed under Liam's close scrutiny, but who seemed perversely to be enjoying his display of exhibitionism.

"We were?" Max asked, grabbing Gregory's hips and pulling him hard against him. "We were just talking about having enough time for one more fuck. Don't you remember?"

Liam burst out laughing and took a seat on Alex's lap. "Hmm, sounds like Gregory is still trying to act holier than thou," he murmured to Alex.

"He is not," Max frowned at Liam and held on tighter to his lover. "He's just being polite. I, on the other hand, see no point in being polite to those I'm very familiar with." He winked and slowly dragged his tongue across his bottom lip. "In fact, the two of you might learn a thing or two if you watch us."

"Think how immensely much more we might learn if we joined in," said Alex, snidely, lifting his arms to remove his silk sweater and toss it down on the floor as Gregory gaped at him. "Liam, my love, I think you and Gregory would make a charming picture entwined together."

Gregory's skin flushed even darker, and he began to protest, even as his cock, semi hard until now, began to fill in thick, jerking movements.

"What do you say, Gregory?" Liam asked, voice silky smooth as he rose from Alex's lap and went to stand in front of the pair of archangels. "Would you like to try something different?"

"No, he wouldn't," Max glared, all signs of joviality gone.

"Come on, Max, you know you'd love to see us together. You told me as much, or have you forgotten?"

Max began to protest, but he was cut off by a forceful kiss as Liam took hold of him. Almost against his will, Max's arms went around Liam, pulling him closer as he deepened the kiss, groaning softly at the familiar taste of the young angel.

Smiling seraphically, Alex turned to Gregory. "Max is always keen to play nice and share his toys; how about you?"

"I…" All Gregory could do was gape as he watched his lover and his protégé embrace, his cock now as hard and straight as it was possible to get. "Liam is so beautiful," he said, almost as if to himself.

Liam broke the kiss and turned his head to smile at Gregory. "Thank you," he said leaning in to touch his mouth to Gregory's. "Does that mean we can finish doing what was started in my room not so long ago?"

Max frowned, looking dazed from the kiss whose impact was very different from that given by the Liam he'd known so recently.

"I'm still not sure I want this," he said lamely, looking from Alex to Liam as if pleading with them to understand.

"It'll be okay," Liam smiled, giving Max's cheek a pat as he took Gregory's hand and led him over to the bed and had him sit down. "It's just sex, right?" He knelt between Gregory's legs and smiled up at his mentor. "You want me now, don't you?"

"I… I don't know." Gregory laid a hand on Liam's head, caressing it gently. "All this is so new. The idea that I can express my love is new. I have loved Max for thousands of years, but you, Liam, are so very attractive, and so innocent. I do want you." He frowned, his hand still petting Liam's hair and neck. "I'm damned, aren't I? After eons, I have fallen from grace." Slowly, he bent and touched his lips to Liam's.

Alex gasped, then smiled and held out his hand for Max to draw him closer. "Watch them; they are worth seeing."

"I don't want to watch them," Max whispered, turning into Alex's embrace and pressing his face to his former lover's neck. "I know I should want to, but... Gregory is different, Alex. I won't stand in his way, but I don't want to see him with someone else."

"Liam," called Alex. "Liam, angel, Can I borrow you for a moment?"

Liam immediately turned to Alex and got to his feet. "Yes, sweetheart?" he said, walking over to join the other pair. "What is it?"

Disengaging himself from Max's grip, Alex stood up, taking Liam in his arms. "You and he look really hot together, but I'm so jealous." He hung his head, and then turned to kiss Liam's neck. "I guess I can stand it if you want him, but I wish that you wouldn't, little one."

"Oh, Alex," Liam whispered, holding Alex tightly and kissing his hair as he smiled, "of course I won't do anything if you don't want me to. I'm sorry, sweet Alex," he sighed. "I thought you wanted to see us together."

Max had looked at Alex in surprise when he'd shouldered the blame for stopping everything, the gratitude on his face unmistakable. He moved quickly, crossing over to join Gregory on the bed but not before resting a gentle hand on Alex's back.

"Maybe we should get dressed," he said to Gregory, watching the other pair still embracing. "No need for Alex to be uncomfortable."

"Of course." Now that Liam had moved away and taken his disturbing physical presence out of reach, Gregory was beginning to wonder what he had been thinking. He flashed Max a smile, and reached for his underwear. "We have the next thousand years to get tired of this, my love. I think we probably should pace ourselves."

Alex was ignoring the other two now as he held Liam in his arms. "Thank you, my angel boy. I keep thinking of your wings around me, and it makes me want to cry."

"You make me feel like showing my true self all the time. The way you looked at me... I felt so proud and honored that you love me," Liam murmured, rubbing Alex's back. "I never want to do anything you don't like. I only want to protect you." He thought for a moment, waiting for Max and Gregory to dress before addressing them.

"Gregory," Liam said softly, "may I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Liam." Gregory seemed to have recovered his equilibrium along with his clothing, and now stood, his arm flung loosely around Max's shoulders. He seemed as strong as ever, save only for the look in his eyes, which had somehow softened. "How can I help you?"

"God can strip me of my wings if He chooses, I know." Liam turned Alex's face to his and kissed him lightly on the mouth. "Gregory, I do not want to see Him with you and Max. If there is any chance that He would take my glory from me, I would rather stay where I am and be damned. Can you forgive me?"

"Forgive you? Oh, Liam, you are so young. Of course I forgive you. I think it most unfair that you are in this position when you have barely begun to live." Gregory placed his hand on Liam's shoulder. "You are a sweet child, but you have much to learn. I love you, and I won't make you face God when you aren't ready to do it."

"Thank you so much, Gregory." Liam's face lit up and he hugged Alex close. "Do you hear that? Now I will always have my wings for you."

"You showed him your true form?" Max asked, frowning.

Liam nodded. "I did."

"I'm sure it was beautiful. I'm sorry I missed it. How about an encore?"

Giggling, Liam shook his head and rested it against Alex's shoulder. "No. It is for Alex's eyes only."

"I get all the fun," grinned Alex, giving Liam a brief hug as he faced the other two, pride written in his stance, and on his handsome features. "He's mine, and for some strange reason, he seems to be all I want."

"He's worth staying faithful for," said Gregory. "He is the last of the angels, and we all knew even before he fell to earth that he would be special. He was sent here for a purpose, that I knew, but I never realized what a sweeping change would be brought about by that purpose."

"I haven't done anything," Liam said, face coloring at Gregory's words. "I've only been myself and I've seemed to cause a lot of trouble."

"I wouldn't call it trouble," Max said, giving Gregory a loving look as he slipped an arm around his waist. "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have found love like this."

"But I've disappointed God." Liam's voice was a whisper, as if he were afraid to voice his concerns aloud.

"Who told you that, little angel?" Alex's words were husky, soothing. "Did God say that to you?"

"I wonder if this wasn't the lesson he was sent to teach us, after all," said Gregory. He moved instinctively closer to Max as he spoke, and the smile on his face was gentle, colored by love.

"I think we should go and ask him." Alex cut in again. "I want to ask him why other people have a nice life but mine was the pits."

"But that might anger Him," Liam said pleadingly, holding tightly to Alex's hand. "If you anger Him He may not let us spend our lives together. Please, Alex, please don't do anything to jeopardize that."

"Alex does have the right to ask questions, though, Liam." Max's voice was gentle as he regarded the young angel. "Don't you want him to find out why his life took the path it did?"

"Yes, I do, but..." Liam's shoulders slumped. "Okay, Alex," he whispered, "we can go and I'll stand by your side, no matter what happens."

"I don't want to make you, love." Alex kissed Liam's jaw, ran his hand through the golden hair and laid his cheek against it, lovingly. "It seems to me that He doesn't make people do anything they don't want to do, but I think that Gregory's right; you've changed all of us. I bet you change everyone you touch, so how do you know that you aren't doing God's work just by being you?"

Liam pulled back, tilting his head as he looked at Alex. "I hadn't thought about that before. Maybe... Maybe that is why He made me. I already know that I was meant to save you, and that couldn't have happened without everything else happening, right?"

Max laughed and nodded his head. "You've got that right. I actually believe that I'm doing God's work by being a vicious, amoral bastard, myself."

"But you're not doing that, anymore, are you?" Liam said with a smile. "You've changed your ways and now you want to do God's will."

"Oh yeah," Max said, looking a little confused as he mulled over Liam's words. "I guess I am. Ah well, it was a good party while it lasted."

"The best." Alex's endorsement was fervent. "You and I did some really good bad stuff." He looked down at Liam and smiled. "Funny how I don't seem to want to do that stuff any more. Damn. You're a walking time bomb, kiddo."

Gregory had begun to laugh. "It seems to me that we don't need to go and confront the management at all. I do believe that we have our confirmation that what we are doing is right. Liam here was sent specifically to change us, make us accept love. I for one am content to do just that."

Liam's face lit up and he hugged Alex excitedly. "That sounds so wonderful to me. We can have our lives together and never have to worry about repercussions."

"Hold on there, tiny," Max grinned. "We've still got to face that mob out there. They don't like me too much and we have to give them the new game plan."

"What game plan is that?" Liam asked, sobering instantly.

"We have to..." Max bit his lip as he thought. "I'm not really sure. Babe?" He looked at Gregory. "What exactly are you going to tell them at this meeting?"

"Tell them? I'm going to tell them the truth. If they don't believe me, then let them go see God themselves." It seemed that Gregory's mood had lightened. He was smiling widely, apparently happy about the prospect of confronting a horde of what would probably be very angry angels. He turned to Alex.

"I think that you should come with us. Liam is needed - he is, after all, the catalyst, but you and Max are living proof of that fact, and as such the most important argument in favor of love in the world."

"I don't know," Liam said, gripping Alex's hand. "I'm going to look different in their eyes."

"But you've helped bring about change in Alex and myself," Max smiled. "We're all different now, and we have you to thank for it."

"I think I'm getting way too much credit, Max. If it wasn't for you and Alex seducing me, I really don't think any of this would have happened."

Max chuckled. "Yeah, but you're the one who took a liking to jerking off every night." He turned to Gregory. "Did you know that, sweetheart? Our little angel here was getting off pretty much every night since he hit earth."

"I believe I guessed," smiled Gregory. "He seemed to ooze a cloud of something that I couldn't fight. It was disturbing and frightening, and somehow I knew that it was going to consume me, but I had to keep fighting." He ran a possessive hand down Max's flank, and smiled. "It was only when I came face to face with you, my love, that I realized that I could no longer resist the need."

"I just wish it hadn't taken you so damn long," Max said throatily, kissing Gregory's ear. "I'm going to have a great time making up for all those years, though."

Liam smiled and took a deep breath. "I guess we should get this meeting over with, huh? I'm getting kind of nervous and I don't want to wimp out."

"If they get out of hand, use your power," Max grinned. "That's what I did. I think it'll keep them in line if nothing else."

"You did?" Liam giggled. "Oh, Max..." He shook his head, still grinning. "You would do that. I can't, though. I gave my power to Alex."

"You gave your power away?" Gregory sounded incredulous. "Oh, Liam, how did you do that? I don't believe that it's possible."

"He did too, check this out." Alex was grinning as he rose into the air and swooped around the room, arms folded behind his head as if he were on an airbed, floating on water.

"Isn't that great?" Liam laughed, clapping his hands.

"It's, um, different," Max said, looking at Liam as if he'd lost his mind, "but why would you give away something like that?"

"I had no idea what to do with it," Liam shrugged, "and I thought it was time Alex was given something wonderful."

"But you don't just lose your power if it's given to you," Max persisted. "You can share some of it, but you never lose it."

"I don't have it anymore, Max," Liam said. "See?" He waved his hand at the bed and screamed in surprise when it started walking around like some lumbering beast. "Alex! Don't scare me like that!" he scolded his lover who was still floating above them.

"Wasn't me, kiddo!" Alex was laughing so hard that he forgot to concentrate and fell like a stone, only coming to rest about six inches above the floor. "Oh, yikes. Guess I should learn to walk and chew gum at the same time."

"It was you, Liam. You should get used to it; you are a powerful being, and your power is more than the ability to make people and things fly around. It's the power to make people love each other, and that's the best one ever." Gregory's face had been beaming, but now he was solemn as he gazed on the young blond. "I am privileged to know you."

Liam lowered his eyes humbly and the bed stopped dead still. "I'm honored that you find me worthy," he said softly. "I don't feel as if I've done anything to warrant your understanding, but thank you, Gregory." He raised his eyes to the warm brown ones still watching him so carefully. "Will you teach me how to use my power?"

"I firmly believe that your powers are far superior to mine, Liam, but I will teach you what I know, for as long as you wish to learn." Gregory smiled and turned his head to study Alex. "You may wish to learn also," he said, looking at the man that was now standing behind Liam, his arms protectively around his waist as he looked at Gregory.

"You mean that you would show me things?" Alex sounded disbelieving. "That would be wonderful. Thank you."

"I will, on one condition."

"Oh, and that would be?" The eager look that had been on Alex's face shut down, leaving the deadpan mask that heralded his disappointment in events.

"We have to survive this meeting, of course." Gregory smiled and offered Max his arm. "Shall we get it over with, my friends?"

All three men nodded and Liam and Alex waited to walk behind Max and Gregory as they made their way to the living area. Liam's hand tightened in Alex's as the hum of conversation drew closer and closer and he knew there was no turning back.

Once they entered the room, however, the conversation stopped cold, and Liam found himself wishing for the noise again.

"Liam, thank goodness you're here," Deborah said, her smile warm as he crossed the room to greet the young angel. "Things have been so strange today and..." She seemed to notice that Liam was holding hands with Max's twin, and took a step backwards. "What's going on?"

"Hiya, chickie." Alex winked at her, making her eyes open really wide. "You must be Deborah, I'm guessing. Thanks for taking care of him for me. I'll owe you one, when I figure out what one it is that I owe."

"Can I have your attention, please?" Gregory's voice cut through the sounds of murmuring angels, dragging each reluctant eye to the corner where he was standing beside Max. "Now that we're finally all here, it's time to discuss the things that are troubling to you, but I wish to do it in an orderly manner."

Gregory's words had the opposite effect as every angel began shouting out questions and concerns until the sound was a wall through which none of the four could break. The more the archangels tried to gain control, the worse it seemed to get until finally Liam, clutching at Alex's arm, leant over to whisper into his ear.

"Can we shut them up? Please, baby? They're starting to scare me a little."

"Works for me, baby angel." Alex's face had paled, and now was set in an expression that his associates would have recognized instantly as his game face. He shot a strained smile at Liam, and held up his hand just as Liam did the same. The sudden silence made them both reel as everyone stopped talking in the midst of whatever they were saying. "Whoa, fuck."

The inelegance of Alex's words made Gregory start laughing as he realized what the two had done. "Thank you, both of you. That makes things decidedly easier."

"Can they still hear you speak?" Liam asked softly.

"You didn't make them deaf, did you?" Max snickered. "You only made them shut the hell up." He cast his eye upon Joshua and pointed a warning finger at him. "I'm watching you, cutie. I'm just dying for a reason to play with you again."

Liam's eyes widened and he looked at Joshua in surprise. "You've played with him?" He giggled and pressed his face to Alex's shoulder. "I can't wait to hear the details of that one."

"I'll tell you later, kid," Max said, crossing his arms in front of his chest and surveying the group. "Right now, Greg's got a few things to say, and you're going to let him." He looked at Gregory, his tough expression temporarily softened as he smiled at his lover. "Unless you just want to answer their questions. We can uncork them one at a time, if you like."

The smile on Gregory's face was positively devilish as he faced the silent audience. "My friends, I have tried to talk to you without coercion, but you seem to wish to make it impossible. I want no harm to come to you, so it's better that you suffer this mild indignity than a more lasting agony should Max or Alex lose their patience."

"Damned right," said Alex, folding his arms and looking as fierce as he could. "Especially that one there." He pointed at the speechless Joshua, who was glaring daggers at Maximillian. "I don't think he likes you much, Max."

"So I think your idea of letting each one ask their questions is a good one. Who has a question for me?" Gregory's eyes scanned the crowd, looking for someone who might wish to ask something.

The timid redhead in the back raised her hand and Liam pointed at her to allow her to speak.

"Thank you," she said with a respectful nod of her head. "My name is Sarah, and I'm not sure that any of you have ever noticed me before--"

"Hey, I noticed you at the last meeting," Max grinned, giving her a wink. "You're pretty cute. I bet a lot of the folks here have noticed you, too."

She blushed crimson and bowed her head, obviously not used to the compliment. "I was wondering if we will all be allowed to single out an individual to love. Before, we were taught it is wrong because it takes away from everyone one else." Raising her head, she smiled uneasily. "But will it be all right for me...for someone," she quickly corrected herself, "to love someone with all her heart?"

"Sarah, I believe that it will. It is my belief that Liam was sent to us to teach us that." Gregory smiled at her, and indicated the slight figure of the blond angel. "He has changed all the people he has touched. He has changed Maximillian, and Alex, and now he will bring about the greatest change of all. If you have feelings for someone, Sarah, tell them; show them that you do. I wish you great joy." He watched her as she gazed hungrily at one of the dark haired angels standing at the back of the room. Ezekiel, he thought, a good choice for her.

As if feeling her stare, Ezekiel turned to her and smiled widely, his delight evident. Liam freed up Ezekiel and watched with an excited grin as the two of them walked out of the room together.

"Two down," he whispered to Alex. "Okay," he said, turning to the group, "anyone else with a question?"

A tall, curly-haired angel named Luke raised his hand and waited for Liam to signal him that he could ask his question.

"I was wondering if there is a dark angel replacing Maximillian, or if our battle has been won."

"That I do not know, my friend." Gregory gazed at Max, smiling as he invited him to comment. "Nobody could replace Max, but there are still dark forces that we need to consider before we can think our battle is over."

"Liam will talk to them tomorrow, and see if we can do anything to stave off the riot," added Alex.

"If you ask me," Max said with a shrug, "I don't see why we can't all enjoy ourselves. Why does anything have to be good or evil? Why can't everyone do what feels good and leave it at that?"

"Does feeling good include taking lives?" Luke asked without malice.

That made Max pause and he bit his lip in thought. Finally, he looked at Gregory then Liam. "As of this moment, Liam is the one in control of that."

"Of course feeling good doesn't include killing," Liam said, a little angry that Max had handed it off to him. "If I have that much control, there will be no more murders. However, I cannot control mankind. As long as there is free will, there is violence, I am sure of it." He looked at Gregory apologetically. "I don't think I answered the question."

"The answer is, feeling good does not need to include taking lives. There are a lot of ways to feel good, and nobody needs to kill to do it." Alex had stepped forward and now spoke unexpectedly. "I've taken lives, and needed to do it. I even got a kick out of killing someone who was a real waste of skin, but sex is a far better way of feeling good. Why don't you try it?"

Luke blushed and nodded his head in thanks, glancing shyly at a stunning brunette standing a few feet away from him. Several hands went up at once to ask the next question and Liam laughed as he pointed at a tall blonde female.

"May we have sex with as many partners as we like, or must we be exclusive?" she asked, ignoring the shocked stares she received from her colleagues.

Max smiled widely. "I'll take this one. I don't see why it matters, honey," he said, voice a purr as his eyes roamed up and down her body appreciatively. "I can let you take me for a test ride, if you like. I'm sure I can show you a few things to get you going."

"I thought you and Gregory had a great love," she countered.

"Yeah, we do, but Greg knows I have a very healthy appetite when it comes to sex. Or is the problem you already have a few guys in mind that you want to bang?" he asked with a wink.

"There are no men who interest me," she said with a satisfied smile. "I was only curious."

"Perhaps you will find someone, Elaine." Gregory had slipped his arm around Max and now kissed his ear before beginning to speak. "It could be that love will appear unexpectedly." He gestured to Alex to free the next angel from restraints.

"But why should we believe that this new way is the right one? We have known for all of history that we were forbidden the kind of love that you are advocating." Joshua spoke fiercely, his eyes on Max as he did so.

"And now you're not," Max snapped. "What's so hard to understand?"

"Joshua," Liam said gently, moving towards the angel to stand in front of him, "love is something we have always known, but I understand your concerns about expressing it in this particular fashion." He smiled and reached a hand up to touch Joshua's cheek, not allowing the other being to pull away. "I don't understand your vehemence, though, not when your fellow angels are accepting it so readily." Sighing, he stroked Joshua's hair back over an ear. "Were you hurt once? Were you denied the love you really wanted to feel and express and now that you can do as you see fit, it's too late to have the one you want?"

"I…" Joshua frowned, his face suddenly very vulnerable and young looking. "She's never going to care for me the way that I would like. Why would she? She's beautiful and perfect whereas I…" His eyes strayed towards Deborah, and his face twisted. "Now you tell us that love is a real thing for us, and not merely an abstract, and I can't bear to see her love someone else."

Deborah had been watching the interaction with a great deal of interest, and when Joshua looked at her, she shook her head and gestured for Liam to free her.

"I didn't know, Joshua," she said softly, crossing over to him. "How could I have known that one day I would be allowed to act on my feelings?" She stopped, pursing her lips as if she'd said too much, but she still managed a shy smile. "Is that the only reason you are so angry?" she asked, instinctively taking his hand in hers. "If I give you my solemn vow that no one else could ever have my heart, would you believe me?"

The dark eyes that had been fixed on Deborah seemed to fill with tears, and Joshua flung his arms around her as she spoke, pulling her to him with a desperation that made several of the silent angels watching widen their own eyes. As the two angels kissed, Alex chuckled.

"Any of you guys just want to get it on and tell us who your partner is going to be?" His husky voice carried through the room, causing several hands to rise.

Liam began freeing them, one after the other, as names were shouted out and pairs were formed. Soon, kissing couples seemed to be everywhere, both mixed and same gender.

"Oh, man," Liam whispered, pointing to a pair of young males in the back corner who were feeling each other up, "look at them." He looked at Alex, tugging on his hand like an eager child. "Can I go ask them if I can kiss them? Or just watch? They're so pretty."

"My darling, you may do whichever you please," whispered Alex, against his ear. "If you think that they would welcome the intrusion…"

Gregory was smiling now, a mere handful of his flock still remaining rooted to their chairs. He turned to one angel, a pretty woman who was almost as fair as Liam. "Rebecca, are you one that has wished for the love of a man?"

"No, Gregory. I never saw a man that was enticing to me, but there was once…" she broke off, here eyes firmly downcast. "A mortal woman was once very dear to me, although now she is dead and gone."

Liam looked at her sadly. "I'm very sorry to hear that, Rebecca," he said softly. "Is there any way for you to be with her now? Is she in heaven?"

Rebecca shook her head, too overcome at the memory to say anything more. Suddenly, Elaine, the slim blonde who had spoken earlier, stepped up to her and put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"We cannot go back until our time here is through," Elaine said to Liam, holding Rebecca's head to her shoulder and stroking her hair. "Until that time, they must be separated."

"I am so sorry." Gregory had gone to their side, and now he put his arms around both of them, his face full of sorrow at their words. "I am so happy now that I guess I forgot that it was possible my joy would not be felt by all."

"Love will return, Rebecca. I know it will." Alex's voice suddenly reached them. "I too loved someone that I couldn't have. It was painful for a long while, but when it passed, I found Liam."

"Perhaps you will find someone, too," Elaine whispered, eyes closed as she continued to comfort her friend. "I know how you felt about her, and I often wondered if your feelings for her were like those I felt for..." She smiled and looked carefully at Gregory. "You are right that your joy is not shared by everyone, but some of us have learned to bear the pain that this existence can sometimes bring."

"I wish you to have as much love in your life as I have found." Gregory kissed each angel on the forehead, and hung his head sadly. "I know that some day it will come for you. May it be soon, my friends."

"I wish there was something I could do to help," murmured Alex, clinging to Liam as he remembered his own lost love, and the grief he had borne for so many years. "I love you. I love you so much, but there was a time when I couldn't have seen you, so great was the pain I felt."

"I never want you to feel pain ever again," Liam said, holding Alex tightly and kissing the side of his neck. "I will never do anything to hurt you the way you've been hurt before, I promise. I love you, Alex."

Max looked around the room, smiling at the love he saw forming as more pairs were made. He took Gregory's hand and made him turn to face him. "I don't think there's anything else we can do for now." He smiled at Elaine and Rebecca. "I'm sorry for whatever loss you've experienced. I hope you find what you need."

Elaine gave him a long look then nodded her head. "Thank you, Maximillian."

"You're welcome." Max pulled Gregory against him and began nibbling his ear. "Come on. Are we going or what?"

"Very well," Gregory's smile was predatory as he snuggled in against Max and offered his flesh to be explored. "We can go and continue the discussion we were having earlier."

Alex watched as pairs of angels slowly made their way out of the room, and then turned to Liam, who was standing, wide eyed and beautiful, a smile of triumph on his sweet face. "You're special, my love. You did this single handed, and I am completely overawed. I'm glad you're mine."

Liam turned to him, the smile lighting up as he gazed lovingly at Alex. "The feeling is more than mutual," he said softly, moving into Alex's arms and snuggling close to him with a deep, satisfied sigh. "I can't think of anyplace I'd rather be, right now."

THE END


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional