A Kiss Is Just A Kiss

Fandom: RPF

Category/Rated: Slash NC-17

Year/Length: 2007/~4,899 words

Pairing: jared/Jensen

Disclaimer: Dean and his family belong to Eric Kripke and Supernatural, Jared and Jensen belong to each other, they totally do... or at least they do in my head.

Summary: "Don't see why not. What's the matter, Jay? You gonna throw up, kissing me? I'll have you know that I'm considering getting these lips insured for a million bucks." Jensen grinned, unconcerned, and continued to get dressed for the scene they were about to shoot.

Series: This story follows on from By the Skin of Our Teeth

Beta: The lovely [info]lorelei633 did the honours, and I also owe [info]digital_opium for stopping me from switching out my tenses every 5 minutes.

hr

Jensen's driver had been instructed to bring him straight from the airport, no stops. When Jared finally saw the SUV pull up and park behind the catering tent, he had to bite his lip and contain his anxiety a little longer. Eric Kripke was there, meeting Jensen, tearing him off a strip because he'd slept in for the umpteenth time and missed his flight.

Jensen, contrite, promising to do better, lifted his eyes at last and found Jared, bundled up against the freezing air, his eyes wide with the need to talk

Nodding to Eric at last, Jensen left the driver to unload his suitcases and headed over to where Jared waited, hugging him with easy camaraderie. "Hey, Jay, good to see you. How was your Christmas?"

As usual, the hug made Jared's head swim. Jensen was back, and now everything would be okay, because the two of them together were an unbeatable team. "Was good, dude, but you and I need to talk before shooting starts."

"Oh?" Jensen seemed to notice Jared's agitation for the first time. "Okay. Just let me get sorted out, and we'll put our heads together. Come with me?" He headed off to his trailer, taking for granted that Jared would follow, and of course Jared did, anxiety radiating from his every pore.

The late afternoon skies were leaden, bearing down oppressively on the mountains behind them, and it wouldn't be long before darkness fell. Jared followed Jensen into the warmth of the trailer and closed the door behind them. "Do you know what they want us to do? Have you read the script?"

"Yeah," Jensen watched as Jared struggled out of his jacket, a half smile quirking his full lips. "I think it'll knock ‘em dead."

Jared was speechless, a rare occurrence. His gasp made Jensen grin and punch his shoulder. "Dude, what are you worried about? You afraid people are gonna think you're gay?"

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!" Jared flushed and shrugged. "Well, you think it'll be okay?" he mumbled, avoiding Jensen's eyes.

"Don't see why not. What's the matter, Jay? You gonna throw up, kissing me? I'll have you know that I'm considering getting these lips insured for a million bucks." Jensen grinned, unconcerned, and continued to get dressed for the scene they were about to shoot.

"Nah, it's not that. It's just... well, the internet. You know how they are on the internet." Jared still looked less than comfortable, but if Jensen was cool with it, then Jared would go along too. He was almost sure he could handle it without disgracing himself. It was just acting, after all. He just had to be professional about it.

hr

The wind had come up and blown the clouds away, and the temperature had dropped considerably. Above them, the stars shivered in the blackness of space, encrusting the sky so thickly that they made the snow glitter.

Jensen was on his knees, tied to the largest oak tree in the clearing. A solicitous assistant had wrapped a blanket around him to keep him warm until they were ready to roll. He was wearing his most stoic expression, and Jared found himself feeling bad that Jensen was in such an uncomfortable position.

Jensen was kneeling quietly, occasionally cracking a joke with a passing production assistant. Ordinarily Jared would have been right there, keeping him company, but right now he was concentrating on not hyperventilating.

If Sam was about to kiss Dean, then of course that meant that Jared was about to kiss Jensen, and that disturbed Jared rather more than he liked to admit. He'd already jerked off in the solitude of his trailer, but it didn't seem to have had much of an effect, because just the thought of doing the scene made him hard.

"Jared?" Kim Manners's voice cut through his reverie. "We're ready for you now. Mark, please?"

The snow glittered, white and pristine. The tree stood as it had stood for centuries, black against the shadowy terrain, and Jensen, without his blanket now, was crouched at the base of it. Time for Sam to do his thing, thought Jared, shucking off his parka and getting himself psyched up for the kiss.

"Take it slow, Jared," called Kim. "We want to see it in Sam's eyes when he realizes that the customs involving mistletoe are rooted in fact."

"Yeah, right." Jared rolled his eyes. He wanted to get this done and over with, before Jensen and the others noticed just how much the scene was affecting him.

"C'mon, Jay. I'm fucking freezing down here, and my knees are going to sleep." Jensen's deep voice cut through Jared's introspection and brought his crouching partner sharply into focus.

"Okay, I'm good." Jared hit his mark and nodded at Kim, who looked around and called for the cameras to roll. Jensen lolled backwards, apparently unconscious, lashes brushing his cheeks and full lips slightly parted as his head rested against the bole of the tree.

The clapper recorded the scene and there was a brittle silence. "And action..." Kim's voice broke through the still air. Jared exhaled, his breath rising in a plume of mist against the lights.

He bent to study Dean and then looked up as if seeking enlightenment. The mistletoe that had been placed ready for him to pluck was just at the upper limit of his reach, and Jared made much of the moment when enlightenment seemed to hit Sam. Reaching up, he went to pluck a sprig and then looked horrified as the entire bunch plummeted to bounce off Jensen's face.

Jensen started to giggle, and that was it for Jared. He lost it, and by the time Kim yelled, "Cut," the two of them were gone, lost in tears of laughter.

hr

"Rolling."

Clapper, take two, and the trees rustled under the mounting wind, scattering snow over the scene even though the sky was clear. Jared paused, waiting for Kim to call for action, and once he heard the call, he moved in, studying Dean, displaying perfect Sammy anguish as he pondered the puzzle he'd been set.

Props had fastened the mistletoe more securely this time. Jared reached up, plucked a sprig, then bent to tilt Jensen's face up for the kiss -

"Cut!"

"What? What happened?" Jared spread his hands out, baffled.

"Jensen, you puckered. You can't do that, man. You're supposed to be unconscious." There was an undercurrent of amusement in Kim's voice, and Jared glared at his co-star.

"Dude, you puckered? What's that all about?"

Jensen looked up at Jared, eyes wide and guileless. "Sorry, man." He smiled. "Didn't mean to."

hr

"Rolling."

Clapper, take three, and Jared bobbed on his toes, wishing that this was done and they could move on to another scene. The moon had risen, and her cold eye gazed down, adding a sinister dimension to the scene.

"And action!" Jared moved forward, emoted, plucked the mistletoe and bent, and Jensen snorted.

"Fuck, dude!" Jared was cranky now. He was so cold that he could no longer feel his toes, and he wondered if the night would ever end.

"Cut!" Kim sounded just a little tetchy.

"Sorry, sorry," Jensen didn't sound particularly sorry. "It's just that..."

"Why don't you rehearse? Do it, get it out of the way and get comfortable?" Kim's voice of reason cut through Jensen's excuses.

"You mean a practice run?" Jared didn't mean to sound stupid, but Kim's suggestion would have him kissing Jensen over and over again instead of just once, and he wasn't sure if he could do that without disgracing himself.

"Hey, come on, Jay. We need to make out a little." Jensen's mocking tone was clear, and there were guffaws from the camera crew. Jared bit down on his annoyance and strode over to Jensen. He bent down, pressed his mouth against his co-star's, and tried to stay focused.

And there was subtle cologne, mint, tobacco and the softness of lips that he could sink into like cushions, and sharp teeth nibbling at his lower lip.

Jared yelped.

Jensen snickered.

"Bitch!" growled Jared, pulling back.

"You've gotta buy me dinner before I put out. It's only polite," smirked Jensen.

"Oh, yeah? Says who? I don't think you have any choice right now, do you?" Jared's nostrils were flaring now, and Jensen had only the time it took for his eyes to widen before his co-star grabbed his chin and leaned down. Angry now, Jared had forgotten stage fright, the crew, his reputation and even the internet. He was going to teach Jensen Ackles not to mess with a Padalecki, and that was that.

He sought Jensen's lips again, licked them apart with his tongue, and then he went for it, sucking, licking, tasting, Jensen shuddering under the palm of his hand.

When he finally drew back, the look on Jensen's face made him gasp. This must be the way he looked with a lover, slack-mouthed and heavy lidded, a flush across the sweet curve of his cheekbones, and...aw, fuck!

"Can we just shoot this already?" he asked, his voice a little strained and creaky with the urge to stop himself taking it further right here and now.

It took Jensen a couple of tries to get his vocal cords working, but the message he was sending was loud and clear as he swallowed and licked his lips. He tried to get himself focused and looking as if Jared Padalecki hadn't just given him the most incredible fucking kiss of his life. "Okay," he whispered finally, and nodded.

hr

"Rolling!"

Clapper!

Take four.

Dean lolled against the tree, Sam bent, lips almost met, and, "Hold it. Cut!"

Kim's voice sliced through the night and the two of them froze.

"The lighting's wrong. Can you move the arc light a little closer? I'm not getting a good image coming through on the monitor, and we don't want to waste the opportunity to make the fans crazy, do we?" If Kim's lips were twitching, Jared couldn't tell, but he could hear the amusement in the man's voice.

"Kim, I'm starting to get cramps down here." Jensen's voice sounded plaintive, and he was looking a little uncomfortable for sure. Jared suddenly wanted to put his arms around Jensen and... and nothing. He was not going to think of anything like that right there and then. No, no, no.

"Okay, take ten," said Kim, rising to his feet. "We need to reset the lights anyway. Go stretch, take a walk. Just be ready when we call you back, because it's getting late."

Jensen was released from his bonds and climbed to his feet gratefully. He grabbed Jared's arm. "Dude, come on. Help me walk off this charley-horse."

Stepping away as the lighting director and his gang of technicians rushed the set, the two of them ambled back towards the catering truck in search of hot chocolate. They were almost there when suddenly Jared was spun around, pushed back against a tree – an aspen, he found himself thinking, not an oak - and Jensen was crowding him, pressing into him, pulling his face down to kiss, and he felt his toes start to curl.

"Rehearsing?" he managed to say, when Jen finally let him go.

"Hell, no! Seducing." Jensen's body was rubbing warm against his, and there was no way he couldn't feel that Jared was hard for him. No way either that he could help noticing that there was the equivalent of a damned crowbar down the front of Jensen's jeans too.

Jensen's words hit Jared like a ton of bricks. His breath caught, his heart pounded frantically and he gasped. "You... you serious?"

"You bet your ass I am." Jensen's hand had stolen down to cup Jared's butt, and he squeezed it gently. "I think it's time."

"Oh, jeez," whispered Jared. "I thought you were joking, but you're not, are you?"

"I never joke about this kind of thing," said Jensen, still squeezing, and something deep down inside Jared's belly tightened, then flushed warm and melted down.

"Uh..." He couldn't think of anything to say. He leaned in closer to Jensen, offered his mouth and had it captured, sending strange creatures fluttering in his belly.

When Jensen let him go, he was grinning like a fool, gazing at Jensen's suddenly sober expression. "What? What is it, dude?"

"Let's just get this scene over with and get out of here, okay?" Jensen was frowning, his lips pursed in a way that made Jared think sinful things.

"Hell, yeah," nodded Jared. "Can't be done soon enough for me, tonight. It's fucking freezing, and I think my balls are gonna drop off."

hr

Take after take, and something would happen each time. At one point a bat flew straight through the shot, and at another Jensen had a coughing fit. The night drew on.

"Rolling!"

"Take seventeen."

"And action!"

Trembling with the need to do it right and get it over with, Jared went through his initial schtick, thinking, Angst, check! Mistletoe, check! Realize, got it. Kiss, fuck me, look at him!

Jensen was lolling back, lips parted, lashes dusky on his pale, moonkissed cheeks, and Jared had to hold his breath to keep from moaning as Sam bent to place his lips over Dean's. Jared could still taste the hot chocolate on Jensen's lips, could smell the faint, sweet smell of Jensen's cologne and beneath it, the heady scent of his skin, and the kiss went on.

"Cut." Kim's voice broke into Jared's reverie, and he straightened up, wondering what was wrong this time. "Guys, that was good for me. Let's wrap for the night." He snickered. "Go home and get a decent night's sleep. Tomorrow, we throw you off the cliff."

Jensen got to his feet, and Jared heard the bones pop and crackle as he stretched to iron out the kinks. He flashed his ready grin and eyed Jensen, his expression inviting complicity from the lighting crew who were moving in to pack the arcs back to the truck. "Dude, you sound like bits are about to drop off you."

A chorus of catcalls, and a yell of, "Getting old there, Ackles!" from the lighting director had Jensen raising his middle finger as he walked away alongside Jared.

"Well, that's because I froze in position," grunted Jensen. He stepped closer, whispering so that only Jared could hear him. "You'd better hope that nothing important drops off me, anyway. You need me in good working order."

Jared blushed hot, thankful for the pale moonlight blanching everything, including the bright red blush on his cheeks.

Making their way to the SUV that would take them back to the studio parking lot, they walked side by side in easy camaraderie, their arms touching from time to time, and as the tips of Jared's fingers brushed Jensen's, he felt a jolt of excitement that made him gasp. As Jensen turned to look at him, one eyebrow raised in amused inquiry, all Jared could see was the moon-filled brilliance of his eyes.

Once in a while, eyes meet and barriers are momentarily lowered. For a split second, there's a meeting of souls, and the kind of perfect understanding that leaves each participant shaken and wishing that they could stay in that moment forever. Tip-tilted, sultry hazel met wide, guileless green, and time stopped for a moment, lurched, then moved forward again as if nothing had changed.

Jared stumbled, his heart pounding. He was breathless from Jensen's touch. The two of them quickened their pace, diving into the car to turn and look at each other - wordless for once.

The journey back to the studio was swift. The two men sat looking at each other, unspoken promises shining between them, the backs of their hands touching; the current passing between them was almost palpable.

Decanted from the van and left beside Jared's car, they stood, looking at each other. Jensen was smiling now, and Jared's eyes were half-lidded, heavy with the response to questions unspoken. The moon hung lower now, floating in the sky behind Jensen's head so that he was all shadows and flat, pale planes, the glitter of his eyes like jewels in the span of his face.

At last, Jared reached to touch Jensen's lips, fingers recalling the softness of them against his lips and sending a frisson through him. "Come with?" he asked, wishing he didn't have to break the silence. Jensen nodded and Jared reached for his hand, led him back to where his car awaited, unlocking it and waiting for Jensen to stow his suitcases and get in.

The late hour meant that Marine Drive was almost empty, and Jared put his foot down, conscious of the heat that was radiating from Jensen. Jensen sat beside him, body turned towards him, face still shadowed as the car headed in towards Vancouver. Jared wanted to say something, but the silence had an intensity to it that spoke to him of something wonderful, but fragile and easily broken.

He wanted to touch Jensen. He reached his hand out to reassure himself that Jensen was there, and felt his friend's hand cover his, squeeze and release.

A turn onto Cambie and the car began the long coast downhill into downtown Vancouver. By the time Jared pulled his car into the parkade beneath his hotel, he probably wouldn't have been able to speak even if he'd wanted to.

There were butterflies with cast iron boots doing a wild flamenco in the pit of his stomach, and his skin felt too tight for his body. He parked, stepped out of the car and waited for Jensen to move up beside him before locking up and heading for the elevator, leaving Jensen's cases in the trunk. They stood close together but not touching, each man feeling the pull as they waited, knowing how close they were to waiting's end.

They'd been together in Jared's suite before, many times, but not like this. Never like this. Jared unlocked his door with a shaking hand and pushed it open, turning as he did so. Jensen followed, and for the first time since getting out of the car, they touched. It was Jensen that initiated it, hand extending to slide into Jared's hair as he was closing and locking the door behind them.

Jared turned towards Jensen, and the gentle pressure of Jensen's hand against the back of his head was enough to make him catch his breath.

"Jay," murmured Jensen, voice deep and harsh, sending a spike of arousal down through Jared's belly to tighten him and make him gasp. The kiss, when it happened, was softer, more gentle than he was expecting. Jared sank himself into the softness of Jensen's mouth, licking his way inside to slide his tongue over slick surfaces and curl around its opposite

It was something that Jared hadn't known he wanted, but now that it was happening he was finding out that he needed it like he needed the air to breathe. He folded Jensen into his arms, one hand rising to cup Jensen's face and hold it, the other moving down along the other man's spine to grab his ass and press him close, closer, closest.

Body to body they clung, mouths working, breathing each other's breath and drinking each other in until they had to separate, panting and hazy eyed.

"We gonna do this?" Jared's voice was shot, deep and rasping. He couldn't stop touching Jensen, his thumb coasting over the full, succulent lower lip as he gazed, soul-deep into green-gold eyes.

"Hell, yeah," nodded Jensen. His words were firm but his voice was shaky as he pressed closer to Jared. "Been thinkin' about it for a long time."

It took him forever to work up the nerve, but Jared finally managed to draw himself up and step back. "C'mon," he growled, still husky. He grabbed for Jensen's hand and, not looking back, towed him towards his bedroom. The bed had been made, and the room was tidy for once, but neither of them cared.

Mouth to mouth, they toppled onto the bed, and the time for talking was long gone as the two of them fought to get inside each other's skin. Clothes were fumbled off and thrown to the floor as the two men sought to get skin against skin.

Jared was writhing under Jensen's attention. Jensen was hot, hell, he was superheated, and his tongue was wonderfully inventive. It felt good pressing against Jensen's bare skin, and, despite his lack of experience, Jared suddenly knew that he could do this—as long as it was with him.

"Now?" The word was a croak, and Jensen smiled at him, lazy, swooping in to kiss Jared again.

"Right now," Kiss. "Right here," Kiss. "You want me?" Fusion occurred, a sensual melding in a long, slow, silken sharing of mouths.

Jensen broke from the embrace, gasping. "Fuck, yeah!" His hands trembled visibly as he joined Jared in attempting to pull off jeans that were suddenly annoying to him. "I want you," he whispered, lowering his lashes as he licked his lips.

"Yeah, dude," said Jared, voice low and rasping as he offered himself to Jensen in whatever way he wanted. "I want you too," he murmured. The very sound of the words scared the living daylights out of him.

Jensen didn't respond in words, he merely devoured Jared's mouth, sucking and biting as he plundered it with his tongue. His body was taut beneath Jared's groping hands, and his cock was firm, weeping clear droplets as he nudged it against the big man's belly.

"Open up for me, Jay," he murmured, pulling Jared's knee up so that he could crawl between the long, lean thighs.

Obliging, eyes black with lust, Jared lifted his legs, parting them so that he was exposed. His breath came in ragged gasps, and his eyes were dazed as he fixed them on gold-flecked green. Jensen, by contrast, seemed calm, focusing all his attention on preparing Jared to be fucked.

Spitting onto his fingers, he began to work Jared's ass, teasing the surrounding area with little, circular movements as he watched the effect he was having. Jared reached over to the bedside table, feeling around in the drawer for the lube and passing it to Jensen. Jensen's slick fingers slipped inside him and he moaned as he was gently opened up. Panting now, Jared's head rolled from side to side as he felt Jensen take over his body as surely as if it were his own, spreading him, opening him, loving him.

"You know what I'm going to do to you?" Jensen had his fingers inside Jared now, and he flexed them suddenly, making Jared jump at the sudden burn. "I'm going to fuck you until you scream for mercy," he whispered. "You're gonna be walking funny tomorrow, Jay."

"If I can walk at all," grinned Jared, pulling his knees down to widen his ass. "More, Jen. Please? I want more in there. Fill me up."

"You do, huh?" Jensen smiled wickedly and fucked him with his fingers for a little while longer, needing to see just how desperate he could make Jared, now that Jared was at his mercy. When at last he was satisfied that Jared would do absolutely anything for him, he pulled his hand away.

"Jen...please..." Jared was writhing beneath him, hungry for anything his lover could give him.

"I love seeing you like this," Jensen growled. He placed the tip of his cock against the stretched opening, then thrust inside in one fast movement.

"God...yes..." Jared panted as Jensen's thick, hard cock pierced his body. "Fuck me!"

"What the hell do you think I'm trying to do, huh?" Jensen's muscles strained as he set a harsh rhythm, his face the picture of concentration. Every sensation had to be savored, every sound and smell and taste had to be burned into his memory, because Jensen never did anything with less than total focus.

Jared pulled him down to kiss him again. "I need to feel more of you," he gasped. He was whimpering now, his voice harsh in his throat as Jensen ravished his mouth and pounded into his ass at the same time. He wrapped his legs around Jen's hips, urging him on with his own body, feeling the building tension in his belly and thighs that meant he was about to come.

Mouths locked, bodies straining together, the two men faltered, smooth, hard fucking turning staccato and brittle as they fought for control. Jared clutched Jensen's arms, fingers white-knuckled as he urged his lover on, bruising the flesh with the grip from his large, powerful hands.

When Jared finally came, his climax was accompanied by a low, long growling curse that was lost in the wet slap of their rutting. Tensing against Jensen's cock, he spilled his load out between them, semen spurting into the hollow between their bellies as he shot and shot.

The rippling pulses of orgasm tightened his muscles, enfolding Jensen's cock and sucking it deep as Jensen strained to get himself just that one tiny fraction of an inch further inside.

"Ah, God, Jay," said Jensen, and came.

They couldn't stop kissing. The thrum of orgasm shook them both, but Jensen didn't stop, couldn't stop fucking Jared. His cock stayed hard, and his body seemed to climb to new heights of sensation. Jared was beginning to feel over-sensitized, but the dull ache in his ass was giving way once again to the tickle of pleasure, and his arms tightened around Jensen's neck, holding on for dear life.

"Can't get enough of you," Jensen grunted, rubbing his sweat-slicked face against Jared's, his body taking what it needed from his willing partner. "Can't get enough."

The secondary shocks of sweet release hit Jared just then, and he was reduced to making tiny mewling noises as he clung to Jensen and hung on for the ride.

A little later, blissful, sticky and complete, Jared curled himself around Jensen, arms tight around him. He was wearing a hazy, Cheshire-cat smile that hinted of astonished joy. He couldn't bring himself to separate from Jensen, not even for a minute, although he really needed to pee.

Jensen was warm against his skin, his blissed-out expression like sunlight for Jared to bask in. He was limp now, and Jared could count the scattering of freckles on his chest and shoulders, press tiny kisses to each of them and purr as if he were a giant feline.

"God, Jen..." It seemed like all he could say.

"Call me Dean," snorted Jensen, grinning, and yelped as Jared nipped his shoulder.

"Dick!"

"Slut!"

"Bitch!"

"Jerk!"

"I gotta go take a leak." Jared still didn't move, even though he really did have to go. Jensen's response was immediate and Jared found himself suddenly sitting on the floor, while his lover's laughing face surveyed him from the edge of the bed.

Grumbling, Jared took himself off to empty his bladder and get cleaned up, then turned to head back to the bed and his inventory of the freckles on Jensen's sexy body. As he went, a thought occurred to him, and he paused to fumble through the jacket that was so hastily discarded as they'd arrived.

Jensen looked incredibly comfortable in Jared's bed, as if he belonged there. Jared made a note to ensure that from now on he would. Climbing in and draping himself over his sleepy new lover, he found himself faced with drowsy protests that faded to sighs of satisfaction as their mouths met, clung, sweetly loving.

"You need to get some sleep, dude," observed Jensen, yawning as he traced Jared's dimple with a long forefinger. "Busy day tomorrow, and you know that there's that freakin' stunt they keep threatening us with."

"Yeah, yeah." Jared turned his head to grab the questing finger with his lips, swirling his tongue around it before releasing it with his signature wide grin. "There was just one other thing I wanted to do. He held his hand up, and in it was the bunch of mistletoe that Sam had used to rescue his brother. "I want a kiss for luck," he explained. "Sam got lucky because of this stuff, so I figured that we need something for us too."

"What are you, twelve?" asked Jensen, brows raised, but he was smiling too, and he pulled Jared down to kiss, warm and succulent and lazy. "There you go, Jayella, Jaredina, sweetie," he murmured softly as they parted lips and settled down for the night. Jared merely snorted as he spooned up behind Jensen and reflected on the way things had worked out. He knew that it was really nothing to do with the mistletoe, but he'd always been one to cover every angle if he could, and he reckoned that he'd never have a more important one to cover.

So he yawned and murmured goodnight to Jen as he snuggled close, and fell asleep to dreams of mistletoe kisses and an end to waiting.


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional