Guitar Hero

Fandom: RPF

Category/Rated: Rlash, R

Year/Length: 2008/~1550 word

Pairing: Jared Padalecki/Christian Kane

Disclaimer: Not mine, no profit, only having fun.

Author's Notes: I wrote this from a prompt by [info]deluweil who wanted to see Jared and Chris get it on for the first time. I can't find the original post, but here's the story.

Beta: [info]marys_scribbles

hr

The flight down to LA was mercifully short, and even Jared, usually restless, managed to remain calm for the duration. That was just as well since Jensen wanted to do nothing more than sleep.

They'd had a long, hard week, and the three day weekend coming up was going to be relax or die time. The pair of them were exhausted.

LA was oddly cool when they deplaned. The clouds were low and brassy, and Jared frowned at Jensen, indicating the sky with a jerk of his chin. "Might just as well have stayed home," he said. "Looks like there's gonna be a storm."

"Dude, I want to go see Steve play later. You wanna go back to Vancouver that's fine, but me, I'm going to go listen to sweet music and get ma groove on." Jensen gave Jared a grin as they reached the taxi line. "I ain't runnin' lines, an' I'm not gonna think about Dean's coming demise. I'm just gonna take it easy and see if there's still some of me in my headspace."

Nodding, Jared felt a warm sense of sympathy wash over him. He knew – none better – just how much of Jensen went into each performance until he had to wonder just how much of Jensen was left. "Yeah, you need to recharge the batteries for sure after that last little scene we did."

Piling into the cab with their suitcases, they headed for Jensen's place. Sandy was away working, and the weekend was going to be strictly stag. As the cab pulled up, Jensen settled with the driver, and they headed towards the house. Jensen was fumbling for his keys when the door was flung open and suddenly Steve was in the doorway, grinning.

"C'mon. I made lunch." He stood back from the doorway to let them in, and Jensen was all smiles as he dumped his case in the hallway and turned to hug his friend. "You been cooking for little old us? You rock, man."

Jared followed him in and turned to close the door. Smiling his dimpled smile, he strolled past the two of them. "Get a room, you guys," he murmured and headed into the living room, where Chris Kane was lounging, feet on the coffee table, watching some game or other as he chugged a beer.

"Who's winning?" Jared asked as he took his seat next to Chris, and Chris gave him a hazy grin, lifted his bottle in a silent toast and murmured, "Who gives a fuck? You gotta watch though, because it's brutal, man. They're fighting dirty."

Laughing out loud, Jared settled back to see what Chris was finding so amusing, ignoring the clatter of cutlery and general merriment coming from the kitchen. It didn't take long before Steve appeared with couple of bowls filled with his patented spaghetti bolognese, one each for Jared and Chris. Jensen followed with a beer for Jared and a bowl of his own and sat down on the floor beside Jared, leaning against his legs.

They ate in companionable silence- the only sounds the clicking of spoons and the grunts of appreciation that always accompanied Steve's cooking.

Once the food was gone, Jared collected the bowls and took them to the dishwasher. Jensen announced he was going to take a nap before wandering off in the direction of the stairs. The match had ended, and Chris rose to shut off the TV. He turned to find and start up the PS3, pulling out Guitar Hero. Steve was backing away, hands spread in capitulation, just as Jared returned from his chores.

"Hell, no, man, I'm not playing that thing. It's a sin against nature. Why'n't you get your actual guitar out an' play something for real?" Steve was grinning as he turned to leave the room and head for his studio. Jared, who was utterly addicted to Guitar Hero and prided himself in his ability to take on all comers, beamed. "Dude, you want to play?"

"Sure." Chris cast a lazy look across at Jared, sizing him up. "You played before, or you want a crash course in how it works?"

"I've played once or twice," allowed Jared, inwardly rubbing his hands together in glee. He sat down and took up the instruction booklet. "Doesn't seem too complicated anyway. You want to go first, or shall I? What level do you want to start on?"

"You choose," grinned Chris, handing Jared the ‘guitar' controls. Jared frowned as if studying it and finally set it up so that they would be playing Boston's "More Than a Feeling" at the third level of difficulty. "You want to go first and show me how it works?" asked Jared, flashing his trademark grin at Chris.

Chris took the offered guitar and played through the song, fingers flickering over the frets and keys, losing only a couple of points as he completed it. "There," he smirked. "Your turn," he said, handing Jared the guitar.

There was a pause as Chris showed him how to push the buttons. Jared carried on grinning amiably, and then began to play. His performance was, of course, flawless, and he garnered maximum points.

Chris, who had only been watching him with half an eye, blinked and said, "Give me that!" as he reached for the guitar. He set it up for the fourth level and took his turn, again dropping the odd point but putting in a very respectable performance.

Grinning like a shark, Jared took his turn again and laughed as he achieved yet another perfect score. "Sorry, dude," he said, once he was done. "I've practiced this a bit. I thought everyone knew about me and Guitar Hero."

Chris glared at him, his expression a mixture of hurt and dawning admiration. Jared spread his hands, attempting to convey his message of ‘large but mostly harmless' to Jensen's friend and somehow failing completely.

"You can't fool me, Padalecki," murmured Chris, setting the guitar down on the floor and folding his arms.

"Of course I can't," agreed Jared, amiable as ever, smile still wide enough to split his face in half. "You're much too bright for that, Chris." It seemed to Jared that Kane might be thinking he was sincere. It was only as Jared sat back, smirking, that he saw the dawning realization on Chris's face that he was winding him up.

"I'm unbeatable," he crowed, and thought he saw a spark of something heated in Chris's eyes. "You shouldn't worry about it. Nobody's ever managed to master me."

His words were probably the biggest mistake he could possibly have made, and he wasn't prepared for what happened next. Chris gave a growl in the back of his throat and swooped – it was definitely a swoop, Jared told himself – into Jared's personal space. One hand was reaching to tangle in his mop of hair, and the other to brace himself against the arm of the couch where Jared was leaning. Then suddenly Chris's mouth was pressing onto his, and Jared gave a squeak that was totally at odds with his general size and level of fitness.

As a kiss, it was certainly not the best Jared had ever experienced, but it was by no means the worst either. Chris's lips were softer than he'd have expected, but his chin was rough against his hand when he put it up to push him back – not cup his cheek, never that – and he tasted of beer and nachos. Sandy never tasted of beer and nachos, and her skin was soft and fragrant. Chris's skin wasn't so much fragrant as… as pungent.

He pushed Chris back, eyes blinking. "Uh… dude?" he murmured. "That was kinda weird."

"Shut up," growled Chris, sliding back in close and shaking Jared's head from side to side by means of the handful of hair he still held. "You need schoolin'," he said against Jared's very surprised mouth.

Spluttering, the young giant felt whatever control of the situation he may have had depart forever, leaving him moaning into Christian's mouth as the singer pressed him down into the couch and continued to eat at his lips.

"Uh…" he managed, before Chris pulled his hair back painfully and sucked a purple bruise into the soft skin beneath his jaw. "Dude, you're kissing me."

"Yeah?" Chris raised his head and glared at Jared, balefully. "So what?" He bent to his task again, biting into the thick pad of muscle that was Jared's trapezius to make him yelp.

"Fuck!" Jared bucked, hard and hot under Chris's determined ministrations and Chris laughed softly as he ground down against Jared's groin. "I wish you'd…" For a moment his breath hitched, and for once words failed him as he felt himself lose it, coming in his pants the way he hadn't since he was fourteen.

He could tell that Chris had felt the change in his breathing, because he laughed, breathless himself as he pulled back to take a look at his conquest.

"I reckon a few more sessions will make you a mite more biddable," Chris growled and grinned, wide and dirty. "How long you here for?"

And Jared, gazing at him through eyes gone hazy with post orgasmic bliss, just blinked, slow as a cat and whispered, "How long do you want?"


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional