Boys!

Fandom: RPF

Category/Rated: Gen/PG

Year/Length: 2011/464 words

Pairing: Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jensen Ackles

Disclaimer: Not mine, no profit, only having fun.

Author's Notes: For jedi_diplomat

Beta: spoonlessone

hr

"What the fuck do you call that?" Jeff raises his eyebrows almost into his hairline as he watches Jensen carry in the enormous, flat box. It's wrapped in blue paper that sports yellow and orange dancing bears on it, and it's got a big, yellow ribbon around it.

"It's for Gus." Jensen beams as he says it, his eyes crinkling with the force of his smile. "It's his train set."

Jeff's eyes widen. "Dude, he's only three weeks old. Isn't it more usual to buy the newborn a teddy bear? I thought babies lived for soft toys."

"C'mon, dead daddy! You telling me you never wanted a train set? Every boy should have one." Jensen's smile is still there, and Jensen directs his gaze over to where the future engine driver is lying asleep in his crib, thumb firmly stuffed in his mouth.

"So it's really for me?" Now Jeff's wearing a pirate grin as he takes the box from Jensen.

"Nope. It's for Gus. I told you." Jensen's wearing an innocent expression, but Jeff's smile is growing. "Although I know you'll want to check it out to make sure that it works. Wouldn't want the heir to the Morgan fortunes saddled with a train set that's substandard in any way."

"Sure. " Jeff is already ripping off the paper as he speaks, fingers tearing through it to decapitate teddy bears and scatter their fragments over the hardwood like confetti.

As the two men kneel to lay out the track, Gus stirs and then whimpers. Neither of the two turn to look in his direction. They're too busy arguing and jostling each other as they lay out the track, establishing a serpentine route around the easy chair and under the coffee table.

Hillarie comes rushing in to soothe her baby. Taking one look at the two big kids who are arguing about the placement of a bridge, she sighs and shakes her head. "Men. Can't live with ‘em; can't shoot ‘em." Bearing her child away to change and feed him, she steps over the station that's been set up in the doorway.

"Did you say something?" Jeff sets down the miniature engine he's been examining, carefully placing the wheels onto the track, tongue poking out as he concentrates.

"Nope. Thought it was you." Jensen's hooking a pair of tiny coaches together as he speaks. "Gus is gonna love this. Think you should wake him and show it to him?"

"Nah. He's only gonna drool on it." Jeff is intent on his engine. "Bring those coaches over. They've got a schedule to keep."

"He'll play with it some day." Jensen passes the coaches over and watches anxiously as Jeff clicks the coupling home.

"Yeah," agrees Jeff. "Maybe I'll let him have a turn some day."


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional