The Donald Strachey Mysteries

Based on the Here! TV Movies

Characters created by author Richard Stevenson
d&t Hug



SHORT FEATURES

TIM'S OFC

PERKS: A Missing Scene from "Ice Blues"

After a very long night, Don finally makes it home to some much-needed TLC from Tim.


BEAUTIFUL

Donald tells the story of meeting the love of his life


FOR GRANTED

Tim reflects on his relationship with Donald and the meaning of true love.


TREATS
Donald spends Halloween caring for his sick partner.

CHRISTMAS IS THE TIME TO SAY I LOVE YOU
Donald ponders the joys of Christmas in October.
THE PROPOSAL
One of the guys has a question for the other, and some serious jitters about the answer.

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT
A blizzard strands two lonely souls in an airport on a fateful Christmas Eve.


CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Timothy ponders the meaning of life, love, Christmas, and his one greatest passion - Donald...not necessarily in that order.

RESOLUTIONS
Timothy Callahan does a good deed for a stranger in the middle of a deadly blizzard that changes the course of his life.
ARRANGEMENTS
  Some financial planning leads to arrangements that Donald just can't handle.

LOVE KNOTS
  Donald's frustration at the mall leads to Timothy getting exactly what he wants for his birthday.

EVEN NOW
  Even now, Donald still remembers a painful part of his past.

ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND POLITICS
  As emotions run high around the vote on gay marriage in New York, Donald and Timothy have a lover's quarrel, and reaffirm their love and commitment.

NOBODY'S PERFECT
Timothy reflects on Donald's "faults" and takes him to task accordingly.

BASKET CASES: A Sequel to Nobody's Perfect
  Donald and Timmy make Easter baskets and some interesting conversation.

COMING HOME
  Donald comes home late and reflects on the love he feels for the man waiting there for him.

MOONLIGHT SERENADE
  Take broken air conditioning, a warm night, some steel drum music, shake it to a waltz and add a paper umbrella...the guys make the most of the heat in a short feature from the Summer Tim & Don-a-thon.  This story takes place in the 14 Days of Valentine's Day universe.  You can read this without that, but a couple things make more sense if you've read the series.


I'M HERE
  Tim asks Don to investigate a strange case that threatens a neighborhood renewal project.  The case draws the guys into a frightening supernatural mystery.
PILLOW TALK
  Donald discovers he's better at pillow talk than he thought.

NOCTURNAL
  This time, it's Donald at home alone waiting for Timothy.

A MARRIAGE IN ALBANY
  The legalization of gay marriage in New York State leads Timothy to reflect on his life with Donald and what marriage really means.

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND DINNER
  Donald's dream becomes a happy reality.

CHILLING OUT
  Donald's hot. Timothy's hotter. Add water.

THIN DISGUISE
  A mix-up at the costume shop brings an unlikely couple together with some incendiary results.

ART OF LOVE
  Art professor Timothy Callahan needs a model for his classes.  Student Don Strachey needs an extra job.
JUST ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S EVE
  Donald's late again and plans go awry; the boys make resolutions.



LONG FEATURES

THE BEST OF ME
CLICK ABOVE FOR FULL STORY, BELOW TO READ IT IN SEGMENTS
STAIRS

When Donald and Tim are the targets of escalating harassment, they must discover who is behind the ugly actions before it's too late.  Meanwhile the ordeal brings the two lovers even closer together.


PART ONE         PART TWO         PART THREE




LIKE WATER, LIKE BREATH, LIKE RAIN
CLICK ABOVE FOR FULL STORY, BELOW TO READ IT IN SEGMENTS

d&t dancing

When Donald pays a terrible price for investigating a new case, both he and Timothy rely on the strength of their love to sustain them.  Meanwhile, the aftermath of the case threatens their happiness and their lives.


PART ONE         PART TWO         PART THREE


HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS: A Sequel to Like Water, Like Breath, Like Rain
don & tim

Several months after the assault Donald suffered, he and Timothy have their lives back together when a family tragedy sends them back to Donald's home town to confront his family.


THE FOURTEEN DAYS OF VALENTINE'S DAY
THE FOURTEEN DAYS OF VALENTINE'S DAY: THE BEGINNING
Part of the One Night Series


d&t dancing

Donald has a romantic Valentine's tradition to show Timothy how much he loves him.  This year, a few twists and turns make their journey to Valentine's Day both difficult and richly rewarding.


A BODY TO DIE FOR
don & tim
Donald investigates a baffling missing persons case while Timmy tries a little amateur modeling and attracts an obsessed fan.

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW
don & tim
An alternate universe story:  Albany Police homicide detective Donald Strachey investigates a grisly murder centered on a local church.  His key witness is the handsome and unattainable Father Timothy Callahan...or, is he really unattainable?


IMMEDIATE POSSESSION

don&timmy

A traumatic experience leads Donald and Timothy to seek a new beginning, but their efforts result in a terrifying encounter with the supernatural.  Meanwhile, Don works to find a resolution to a cold case. Previously zine published.


THE ONE NIGHT SERIES

DONALDTIMMY
One possible scenario for how Donald and Timothy found their way to each other.  Stay tuned for more installments!

ONE NIGHT

After a painful break-up, Tim Callahan visits a nightclub and meets a man who will change his life forever.


PHONING HOME


Tim just can't wait to call his mother and talk to her about meeting "the one."


ONE MORE NIGHT


Tim and Don go on their first date.


SUNDAY


The guys spend their first lazy Sunday together.


THREE LITTLE WORDS


Sometimes magic words come out of the most unexpected conversations.


TRUST

The guys each confront ways - large and small - in which they need to take the next steps in trusting each other.


THE RIGHT MOMENT

Don takes Steve to task. Later, Tim and Don discover that sometimes the right moment just happens.


IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH

Sometimes the most amazing expressions of love aren't romantic at all.


FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

The guys go on their second date while Donald wrestles with some inner demons that threaten his happiness with Tim.


CHERRY TOMATOES

Donald's demons get the upper hand, and Timothy awaits word on his promotion.


HIGH ENOUGH

Donald survives Timothy's "event" and the guys enjoy some quality time together afterwards.  Mother Callahan gets the big news.


YOURS, MINE, AND OURS

Donald and Timothy "merge" a little more as a couple.


BE MY VALENTINE

Donald grapples with an old memory, Tim makes a major change, and there are some potholes on the road to making wedding plans.

JUST HIM

Donald and Timothy spend their first Thanksgiving together, and discover what they really need to be happy.


PARADISE

As a dream wedding becomes more attainable, it also seems less important.


LONG DISTANCE

Tim goes on his first business trip in his new job, and the guys have a rough time with their first separation.


O TANNENBAUM

Don embraces the spirit of Christmas and the guys both embace a too-large Christmas tree.


OF HENS AND MEN

As the guys move closer to their first Christmas, Donald needs some TLC and Timmy's Cornish hens suffer a sad fate.


ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU

  Donald and Timothy celebrate a romantic first Christmas together.


MY LOVE, MY VALENTINE


The road to a wedding is long and fraught with challenges.


SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY


The guys take their honeymoon journey to Hawaii with a few twists and turns along the way.


BIRTHDAY BOY


Donald has the blues when he thinks no one remembers his birthday, while Timothy has some special plans for him.

FIREWORKS


The guys go on a weekend getaway for the Fourth of July, and deal with fireworks, both good and bad.

PERFECT


The guys deal with the aftermath of their Fourth of July trip and make another attempt at a weekend getaway, with better results.


LOVE IS BLIND


Tim deals with a stressful situation at work, before a more personal crisis strikes.

PARTY LINES

Tim faces more professional upheaval as the election draws near.

GOOD SPORTS

Finances are tight, and Don takes action to ease the strain.  Things get more complicated than he expects.

OPPORTUNITIES

Don's actions during the robbery lead him to a new opportunity.

FLY ME TO THE MOON...OR MAYBE JUST VIRGINIA

The guys visit the Callahan compound for Thanksgiving.

CHRISTMAS WALTZ

Donald and Timothy prepare for their second Christmas together, while another opportunity presents itself.  Tim faces an unpleasant part of his past.

MOVING ON

The guys close a chapter in their lives in Albany and begin their new lives on Long Island.  Don grapples a bit with his career change.

THE FOURTEEN DAYS OF VALENTINE'S DAY: THE BEGINNING

Don continues adjusting to his new job, while launching a romantic tradition for celebrating Timmy's and his anniversary.  Meanwhile, Timmy tries his hand at some amateur detective work, and the guys take a romantic anniversary trip to The Big Apple.