Title: I'VE GOT MY LOVE TO KEEP ME WARM

Author: Candy Apple

Email: blair_lady@yahoo.com

Website: https://www.squidge.org/~candy_a

Direct to Nip/Tuck Page: https://www.squidge.org/~candy_a/NTPage.htm

Permission to archive: Yes

Fandom(s): Nip/Tuck

Genre: Slash

Pairing/Characters: Sean/Christian

Rating: FRAO


Summary: Sean and Christian get away from it all for a romantic New Year's celebration.


Warnings: It's slash, folks. And the language is consistent with Nip/Tuck.


Notes: This story only takes into account canon through the Granville Trapp episode. It is a sequel to "When My Heart Finds Christmas." I still don't own these guys, which is something I regret daily. <g> I'm just taking them out for a little vacation.


***********************



I'VE GOT MY LOVE TO KEEP ME WARM


by


Candy Apple




"They really shouldn't rent cars to people from Miami and let them out on the roads up here," Christian complained as he drove the SUV they'd rented toward the vacation house. The road had more than a few curves, and a respectable coating of ice and snow.


"You were the one who didn't want to stay in one of the resorts," Sean replied, checking the directions again. "We're almost there."


"I feel like that guy in 'Misery'. If we go off the road, don't accept help from any husky women who have houses around here, okay?"


"Relax, Christian," Sean said, laughing. "At least we're going to make it to the house before the next big storm comes through. You know, this might not be such a great idea. If we get snowed in up here, we might not be able to get back on time."


"That would be a damn shame, wouldn't it?" Christian replied, grinning. "We've got lots of groceries, a nice collection of rental movies from the video place in town, and your little red bag. I can't think of a single reason to want to leave here until Spring."


"Have you talked to Kimber since the break up?"


"You know how to kill a mood," Christian responded. "No, I haven't talked to her. I tried calling her at Christmas... I was hoping we could stay friends. I left a message, but I never heard back from her."


"She's hurt. It's understandable. You don't think she'd tell Julia or the kids, do you?"


"I doubt it. Kimber's a good person, if a little unstable at times. She wouldn't want to hurt Matt or Annie, and she isn't all that close to Julia."


"I want to tell them. I just think it should come from the two of us when the time is right."


"It's never going to be easy. Whether or not Matt can handle this and still maintain the reconciliation you guys have going, I don't now."


"I don't either. Sometimes I don't know if I can handle another major rift with him. But that's not going to stop me from being with you, or from being honest with him. The lies have poisoned so much of our lives, all of us. We need to start being open with each other."


"No arguments there. Hey, I think that's it," Christian said, slowing down in front of a driveway that had been plowed. The mailbox at the road bore a number matching the one on their reservation information. Snow was starting to fall, and it was getting heavier. "Not a moment too soon, either."


At the end of a long, winding driveway was a small, Victorian cottage nestled among snow frosted pines. Around the back, as promised, was a recently added garage, attached to the house with an enclosed breeze way. Christian pulled the SUV into the garage, and Sean hit the button to put the door down again.


"It's a good thing they have an attached garage so we can avoid any contact with the elements we're supposed to be enjoying up here," Sean quipped, getting out and shutting the door of the vehicle, which was already dusted with snow that was rapidly melting in the garage.


"We can go out and build a snowman later if you want to commune with nature," Christian said, pulling the first of their luggage and provisions out of the SUV while Sean unlocked the door into the house. He returned to take his share of the cargo, which they piled up just inside the house.


The side door opened into the kitchen, which was a large, square room with a round table and chairs. The hardwood floor was accented with a couple of brightly colored tweed rugs near the sink and in front of the door. A picture window gave a panoramic view of rolling hills, snow-dusted pines, and barren trees that could be enjoyed by anyone sitting at the table. The appliances were old enough to be "vintage," but not so old they didn't all work properly. There was a microwave discretely tucked in a corner on the kitchen counter. The wallpaper was a fruit design with a lot of yellow, giving it a cheerful feeling.


Through a swinging oak door was a very small dining room with a more formal table and chairs, and an ornate china cabinet in the corner. The living room featured a large stone fireplace with a rug in front of it, surrounded by a very comfortable looking overstuffed sofa and two matching chairs. An afghan covered the back of the sofa.


There were two bedrooms and a bathroom finishing out the floor plan. One of the bedrooms was a small room that held a love seat, chair, and compact entertainment center. The large bedroom featured a queen size bed on a four poster frame of rough-hewn wood covered by a patchwork quilt and numerous pillows. Two matching night stands held small electric lamps that looked like old hurricane lamps. There were soft, plush blue rugs on either side of the bed to save the occupants from the shock of the cold wood floor first thing in the morning. Over the dresser was a large mirror, mounted on the wall. Christian moved close to the bed and leaned over it.


"What?" Sean asked, puzzled, as he hoisted a large suitcase onto the bed.


"Check out the view from here." Christian waited until Sean leaned across the bed from the opposite way, then waved at their reflection in the mirror.


"At least it's not on the ceiling," Sean quipped.


"It's kind of hot, don't you think? We've never seen ourselves."


"Does that turn you on? To watch yourself? It makes me feel sort of ridiculous," Sean admitted, chuckling a little as he opened the suitcase to start unpacking.


"Why?"


"I don't know. I guess it just makes me self-conscious. There are some things you don't need to watch yourself doing, if you know what I mean."


"Maybe you'll see yourself the way I see you," Christian said, sliding his arms around Sean from behind, kissing his cheek. "You're incredible."


"You can look in the mirror all you want. I'd rather just look at you," Sean concluded, leaning into the embrace.


"The mirror just means I can see you from more angles at once. That's what making love in front of a mirror is all about, with someone you love. It's not about seeing yourself making a weird come face," Christian said, smiling. "It's about seeing your lover in every way possible."


"I guess I haven't made love in front of mirrors too often, except for one cheap hotel Julia and I stayed in once when they screwed up our reservations for the first couple nights of our honeymoon."


"If the mirror makes you uncomfortable, we'll hang a sheet over it."


"No, it doesn't exactly."


"I don't want you to be nervous about anything when we break out the little red bag."


"I'm not nervous with you, Christian. I trust you too much."


"Do we really have to unpack now? We still haven't looked over the hot tub set up out back."


"I'm not going out in a snowstorm naked. I don't care how hot the water is."


"I'll get you in there before the vacation's over."


"Don't count on it," Sean teased, not really arguing the point. He knew he'd probably have sex in a snowbank if that's what Christian wanted from him. Knowing Christian, he'd find a way to make it enjoyable. "If we unpack now, all our stuff will be where we want it right from the start, and we won't be digging through the suitcases every few minutes."


"Okay. I'll do the kitchen while you unpack in here."


"Deal," Sean replied, loading newly purchased sweaters in the dresser drawer. He looked at Christian, who was about to leave the room. The close fitting jeans, and the bulky beige cable knit turtleneck sweater were stunning on him. He'd never seen his partner dressed for cold weather, but Christian's tall frame displayed the simplest of warm clothing in a way that was as unapologetically sexy as Christian himself.


Sean looked at his own reflection in the mirror, unaccustomed to seeing himself in winter clothing, either. Christian had picked out the blue sweater he wore over a navy blue turtleneck and jeans. It was beginning to feel a bit warm and bulky now that they were inside, but the chill still wasn't out of the air in the house yet, as the furnace rumbled to life and began warming the rooms. Looking at the big bed, he wondered if he was a masochist for insisting they unpack first. He looked at the mirror again and pondered what it would be like to see himself with Christian, to watch them making love. He smiled, chiding himself for making too big a deal out of it as he finished loading the dresser with their clothing.


********


With everything unpacked, Christian did talk Sean into going outside to explore a little. Bundled up in ski jackets, gloves, stocking hats and scarves, they trudged out through the snow to the trail that led into the trees.


"That's where our sleigh ride is supposed to pick us up tonight."


"You're joking," Sean said, wondering if he was insane for actually choosing to freeze to death on this vacation when they could have been in any one of a dozen warm locations.


"I'm not joking. There are trails through the woods linking a number of vacation rentals out here. Tonight's New Year's Eve. It has to be special."


"I didn't know you were such a romantic," Sean said, smiling when Christian reached out a gloved hand to take his. He couldn't remember the last time he'd walked anywhere hand in hand with anyone. It was nice.


"I am when I'm inspired."


"Good answer," Sean teased.


"Does it seem weird? Being romantic with me?" Christian asked.


"No, it's not that." Sean paused. "It's just been a while for me...since things have been romantic with anyone. It was with Megan, for such a brief time, but when her cancer came back, everything was so painful that being romantic started hurting both of us too much. I never pictured myself in a secluded vacation house going on sleigh rides and holding hands with someone I want to be with for the rest of my life. I have to pinch myself occasionally so I know it's real."


"If you need me to pinch you, just holler," Christian replied, letting go of Sean's hand and crouching near the ground. "One of these ought to bring you back to reality, too," he said, firing a snowball at Sean, hitting him in the middle of the chest.


"You're a dead man," Sean retorted, working diligently on making his own snowball, which he pitched at Christian as he sent another icy missile in Sean's direction.


"You call that a snowball?" Christian challenged. "You make a snowball like girls make snowballs!"


"I missed the snowball-making class in med school," Sean replied, firing a larger one at Christian that nailed the side of his head, making him brush the snow off his face. "Now, who makes girly snowballs, smart ass? You want one for the other side?" he teased, making another one just as Christian fired one back at him that hit him square in the face. Sean covered his face with one hand and moaned in pain, staying down on one knee in the show.


"Sean? Come on, don't be an asshole," Christian challenged. Then, seeing that Sean wasn't leaving his crouched position, and was still holding onto his nose and eye where the snowball hit, Christian bounded over to him and knelt next to him. "Sean, let me see, what did I do?"


"You are *so* easy!" Sean declared, tackling Christian in the snow, lying atop him, laughing evilly.


"Someday, when you least expect it, I'll get you back for that," Christian vowed, but the humor never left his voice. He pulled Sean down for a kiss, the heat of their mouths an exotic contrast from the coldness of their faces and the chilly wind that swirled around them. Sean's hand crept down to squeeze Christian's bulge through his jeans. "Shit," he gasped, kissing Sean again, with more tongue and more passion than before.


"You want to go back inside, start a fire, and get out of our wet clothes?" Sean suggested.


"Screw the fire. Let's just turn up the heat and get right to the naked part." They kissed again.


"I thought we should set the mood a little," Sean added, still grinning. Christian wasn't sure if the color in his cheeks was from the cold air or their conversation. "How upset would you be to miss that sleigh ride tonight?"


"Another one comes through tomorrow night, same time," Christian said. Then he took the finger of his glove in his teeth and pulled it off, laying his bared hand on Sean's cheek. "But some moments are once in a lifetime."


"I love you," Sean said, moving down for another kiss.


"And I love you." Christian let the moment linger, savoring the intensity of it, before more practical considerations prompted him to move. "My ass is frozen."


"That would really put a cramp in our plans," Sean replied, moving off Christian and standing, holding a hand out to him to give him a pull. They didn't release their hold on each other's hands as they made their way back into the house.


********


Christian shed his wet clothes and put on the heavy burgundy robe he'd bought for the trip. Sean had pitched his own clothes aside and pulled on the robe Christian had given him for Christmas without pausing long enough for any fooling around. He'd gone out to the living room to start the fire, and Christian let him have his space. Sean didn't seem nervous exactly, but he seemed a little anxious and maybe a bit self-conscious. Christian wondered if saving "the big moment" for their vacation had built it up a bit too much, maybe made Sean more nervous than if they'd just made love that way in their bed at home.


*Their* bed at home. Christian smiled at the idea that from now on, neither of them would have his own bed. Christian's bed was their bed, as was Sean's bed. The bed in this vacation house was theirs.


"The fire's started," Sean said as he appeared in the doorway of the room. "Everything okay?"


"Fine. I was just thinking," Christian said. "The champagne is probably partially chilled by now."


"I've got water on to make cocoa. I thought we should save the champagne for midnight."


"Cocoa and a roaring fire sounds good to me." He watched as Sean gathered up the quilt off the bed, and then grabbed a few of the pillows himself, following his lover out to the living room.


There were sofa cushions on the floor in front of the fire positioned so they could sit against the couch, for as long as they'd be sitting. Christian hoped that would be brief. After adding the pillows to the quilt, he headed back to the bedroom.


"I forgot something." He dug into his carry on bag and pulled out the little red gift bag, complete with its poof of white tissue paper. When he returned to the living room, Sean was just returning to their makeshift bed by the fireplace with two mugs of cocoa.


"Tell me you didn't take that through the baggage inspections at the airport like that."


"They just x-rayed the luggage, Sean. Besides, did you think I'd turn around, and point to you, and tell them you gave it to me?"


"When I turned the same color as the bag, they'd have figured it out," Sean joked. "My feet are frozen," he complained, setting the mug aside long enough to pull the quilt up.


"I can fix that." Christian moved down next to Sean's feet and took one in both his hands, warming it up. "Better?" he asked, releasing one foot and then holding onto the other the same way until he took the chill off. Sean was looking at him with an odd, intense expression. He blinked a couple times and took a sip of his cocoa.


"Thanks, that helped a lot," he said, obviously happy to see Christian moving back up next to him. Christian sat beside him, their backs against the couch. He ran his arm behind Sean, who rested his head on Christian's shoulder. They sipped at the hot chocolate for a few minutes, just enjoying the togetherness.


"I keep forgetting the floors aren't as warm here as they are at home. The fire feels good, though," Christian commented.


"I should have asked you if you wanted the bed instead. I guess since we don't have much reason to sit in front of roaring fires in Miami, it seemed like a good idea to be out here."


"Your muscles are strung tight, Sean." Christian observed, rubbing Sean's shoulder. "I don't care where we are, as long as you're there."


"I guess it's just a little stage fright," Sean admitted with a small smile. "I'm not exactly what you're used to."


"No, you're not. But you're what - - and who - - I want. Besides, when was the last time your sex partner was as hairy as you are?" Christian smiled when Sean laughed at the remark. "I'm not the only one switching teams here."


After a few more swallows of cocoa to take the chill off, Christian set the mugs aside, and pulled Sean into his arms, tipping them back onto the cushions on the floor. They began with kissing, eager wet dances of lips and tongues, as their hands wandered to the ties on each other's robes. When the heavy garments were moved out of the way, forgotten in a pile next to their makeshift bed, they reveled in the sensation of warm skin on skin.


Christian very gently took the lead, kissing and licking his way down Sean's throat to his chest, pausing to tongue the hardening nipples, smiling when Sean's hands moved to Christian's head in an attempt to keep him there. Wanting Sean to be turned on and excited enough not to be nervous, he cooperated for a while, treating the little nubs to the suction that always brought Sean to half hardness without even touching his cock.


Satisfied it was time to move on, he licked and nibbled at Sean's navel, then paused just below it to leave a passion mark. He kissed the red spot and then pointedly ignored his partner's hardening cock, kissing the insides of his thighs and then tonguing the little spot behind Sean's balls that always made him writhe in pleasure.


He moved back up to share kisses, then moved behind Sean, easing him onto his side, spooning up behind him. He pulled out the little tube and with some of the gel on his finger, reached down to gently probe the snug opening he wanted to relax. With just his fingertip, he rubbed a little gel on the tight pucker, then penetrated it with the end of his finger. Sean groaned and stroked Christian's thigh. It was a good groan, and after lingering there a few seconds, Christian used more of the gel and slipped his finger inside carefully, finding that it slid in to the second knuckle without much trouble.


Not wanting this moment to be all about the mechanics, he kissed Sean's shoulder, his neck, and finally, his cheek.


"I love you," he whispered against Sean's ear.


"I love you, too. It feels good, Christian."


Encouraged by Sean's words and the relaxation in his body, Christian took a bit more gel and this time, slid his finger all the way inside, getting a little more aggressive with his stretching. Sean seemed a bit uncomfortable, so Christian backed off a little, concentrating on kissing Sean's cheek and neck, moving forward enough so they could share a couple of awkward kisses.


"Can we go in the bedroom?" Sean asked, and Christian froze there, a little surprised.


"Sure, sweetheart. Anywhere you want," he responded, kissing Sean's cheek.


"If we're in there, I can still see you in the mirror, even if you're behind me."


"We could do it from the front, but it might be a little rougher on you than this."


"I know this is easier for the first time. I just want to see you."


"Then let's go to bed." Christian rubbed Sean's shoulder gently before getting up and giving Sean a hand to pull him up, too, not unlike the way Sean had pulled him up out of the snow earlier. He grabbed the pillows while Sean picked up the quilt, and they made their way into the bedroom.


The break had cooled the excitement a little, but after tossing the quilt back on the bed, and sharing a few heated kisses and caresses, they were easily able to rekindle the passion. With Sean on his side, and Christian behind him again, Christian began easing his slick finger inside the tight opening, not meeting as much resistance as before. He loved seeing Sean's face, being able to watch his expressions while he slowly lubricated and stretched him.


Sean seemed more at ease now, their ability to have eye contact with each other in the mirror making it all more intimate than it had been by the fireplace. Christian eased his finger in a bit deeper, and brushed over the little nob inside Sean's body that made him shiver and gasp in pleasure.


"I want to feel you," Sean said, shifting a little, as if he was ready to move beyond the probing finger.


"Relax, and let me know what you're feeling, okay?" Christian whispered, running his hand down Sean's side, over his hip and down his thigh.


"I will," Sean replied.


Christian rolled on a condom and lubricated himself, then worked at easing inside the tight opening that didn't seem to be cooperating. When he breached the initial ring of muscle and slipped partway inside, it drew a strangled moan out of Sean that held no trace of pleasure.


"I'm all right," Sean said hastily. "Just keep going."


"You're bracing yourself, Sean. Your whole body is tensed up." Christian eased out slowly, regretting the discomfort that seemed to cause. "Turn over," he said gently, encouraging Sean to roll onto his back. He did, but turned his head away, closing his eyes to block out the reflection in the mirror. "What's wrong? Talk to me."


"It felt like it was splitting me in half," Sean said, finally looking at Christian. "I make this big thing out of offering to do this, and we come up here for this big moment, and I can't even handle the first penetration."


"However this goes tonight doesn't change what it means to me that you want to do this with me." Christian took Sean's hand and kissed the back of it. "And I made the reservations before I got the little red bag. I just wanted to be with you."


"I really did want this. I *do* want this."


Christian didn't want to see the familiar troubled, worried expression that was so often on Sean's face in recent years. Not here, and definitely not now.


"It's not your fault things didn't go well. I didn't take care of you the way I should have. I was getting excited and when you said you wanted to feel me, I just went for it, and I should have known you were still too tight."


"A tight ass. That figures," Sean added, smiling, though there was no real humor in it.


"Hey, stop putting yourself down. You're nervous and it's your first time."


"I'm not some teenage girl losing my virginity on prom night."


"You might not be a teenage girl, but you're a virgin to this, and one thing I know for sure is that having a cock shoved inside you when you're nervous and tightened up is about as painful as it gets, and I'm not going to just shove my way in and hurt you because you'd let me." He wrapped his arms around Sean, kissing him gently. "Why don't you let me have another try at relaxing you, huh?"


"Okay." Sean seemed less than enthused as he started to turn over on his side.


"Lie still a minute," Christian said, kissing Sean briefly before moving down and easing Sean's legs apart so he could settle between them.


He took Sean's cock in his mouth and concentrated on stimulating him in all the ways he loved best. Sean had reluctantly admitted that he hadn't experienced a large number of blow jobs in his sexual history, and his eager, heated response to them made it clear that he was telling the truth. Christian didn't picture Julia as a woman who gave out blow jobs very often, and Sean hadn't been with that many other women. At least, the number looked small to Christian, compared to his own activities.


As he worked the hardening shaft with his mouth, he eased one hand under Sean to probe the slick opening, seeking out Sean's prostate. Sean cried out and thrust into Christian's mouth at the dual stimulation, his little sighs and moans of pleasure renewing Christian's own arousal. He noticed that Sean's head was turned to the side, and that he was watching the action in the mirror, getting more and more turned on by what he was seeing.


Resisting the urge to have eye contact with Sean in the mirror, he kept his eyes focused on his partner. The last thing he wanted to do was risk embarrassing Sean or inhibiting his brief foray into something a little exotic and slightly voyeuristic. Sean was gasping Christian's name, coming, letting go of the tension and inhibitions and fear and giving in to the physical ecstasy of the moment.


Releasing Sean's softening cock, Christian kissed it carefully and then moved up to kiss Sean, who seemed content to turn on his side and draw his knees up.


"It's going to be good for you, sweetheart, I promise," Christian whispered against Sean's ear, locating the little tube of gel and putting some on his finger. This time, he stretched slowly, relieved to feel that a combination of his extra effort and Sean's orgasm had eased much of the tension. He kissed Sean's cheek, his ear, the back of his neck, his shoulder, his back, all the time keeping the motion going in his passage, finally slipping a second finger inside. Sean seemed a little challenged by the extra stretch, but he accommodated it, distracted by Christian's hand as it slid around to gently pump Sean's cock, determined to at least get Sean aroused, even if he wasn't quite ready to get fully hard again.


Easing the two fingers out, he added more lube to his cock, then pressed against Sean's center, he reached around and resumed his stroking of Sean's hardening shaft while he pushed inside, feeling himself accepted much more easily this time. Sean was breathing a little more heavily now, groaning a little at the stretching.


"Easy, partner. Just breathe easy and bear down a little." Christian couldn't remember his cock ever being in anything this tight and hot, or loving the person he was with even a tenth as much as he loved Sean. It was all he could do not to get too excited, to come right then, but he wanted to make love to Sean, even if it was the slowest, gentlest sex he'd ever had.


Then came the moment when he slid the rest of the way inside, and felt his balls pressing against Sean's ass. He was buried to the hilt inside the one person he'd always loved more than anyone else.


"We did it," Sean said, looking back at Christian with a little smile.


"Feels so good inside you," Christian murmured. "Love you so much."


"Try moving. It's okay, Christian. I want you to."


Christian was almost afraid to move, afraid that the motion would make Sean uncomfortable, or that moving would shatter what was a once in a lifetime moment...the first moment he spent physically joined to the man he'd been joined to at the heart for most of his adult life. He eased back a little and moved forward, trying to slide over Sean's prostate in the process. He shifted positions a little and tried again. Sean was making little sounds of pleasure now, responding to the feeling of Christian's gentle strokes. Encouraged, Christian moved a bit more aggressively, pumping Sean's cock at the same time, bringing him to full hardness. He successfully hit Sean's prostate, more than once, loving the cries of pleasure it brought with each contact.


He suddenly realized he'd been so wrapped up in the feelings that he'd forgotten to look in the mirror. Now that he thought of it, he didn't want to. He buried his face against Sean's neck and shoulder, kissing, sucking and licking the tender skin there, feeling his climax sweeping over him in intense waves, crying out Sean's name as he felt Sean's cock pulsing and his hand becoming slick with come.


They were quiet several long moments, staying joined, almost afraid to break the silence. The intrusion of words just wasn't necessary then. Christian finally looked in the mirror, and had eye contact with Sean there. Both men smiled.


"You didn't watch," Sean said, his tone curious.


"You were in every sense, sweetheart. I just wanted to see you, smell you, taste you. I didn't need the mirror."


"I watched. There was so much love on your face when you were making love to me that I had to watch it. I couldn't look away," Sean said, his voice hushed.


"I've never loved anyone the way I love you. You're all there is."


"You're my heart and soul, Christian. You always have been."


Christian carefully eased out of Sean, who turned over so they were face to face. Wrapped around each other, they kissed eagerly. Christian reached behind him and tossed out the condom, then pulled the quilt over them, cuddling Sean close against him.


"Are you sore?" Christian asked, concerned.


"Oh, yeah," Sean admitted, chuckling. "It'll be fine. I just need to get those muscles toned a little more."


"Hold still a second," Christian said, reaching around to probe the slick opening. He let out a sigh of relief when all he found there was lubricant. "I had to know that I didn't make you bleed."


"You were too gentle for that." Sean kissed him.


"You'll probably feel a little raw later. We'll soak in the tub a while and then I'll put some cream on you."


"I'm fine, Christian. But if you want to play doctor with my ass, I won't object."


"You're so giving," Christian teased, hugging Sean close to him.


********


Sean opened his eyes, disappointed to find himself alone in the big bed. He moved to sit up and his eyes bugged a little. All that thrusting and wiggling had seemed like a good idea at the time, but every muscle in his ass was protesting it now, and he did feel a little raw. Abandoning the idea of sitting up, he turned on his side and rested, confident that Christian would be back any minute.


"You're awake," Christian said, entering the room carrying a tray. "It's almost midnight," he added, setting the tray on the dresser while he turned on the little lamps on each night stand. There was a bottle of champagne, two glasses, strawberries, and chocolate on his tray. He paused to sit on the side of the bed near Sean. "Still feeling okay?"


"I won't object to that bath and cream offer later. But I never felt better."


"I never felt especially closer to anyone after making love with them. I feel so close to you now, it's like you're part of me."


"We're part of each other. We always have been."


They kissed, then got lost in each other again, the champagne forgotten for many long minutes before Christian pulled himself away and went to get the tray. Shedding his robe, he climbed under the quilt with Sean, stuffing pillows behind both of them. Then he reached down to the tray he'd set by the bed and handed Sean a glass, retrieving the other for himself, and then the bottle.


"What time is it?" Sean asked, and Christian checked his watch.


"About two minutes before midnight. Come here." Christian extended his arm, and Sean moved under it, spilling a little champagne on the quilt.


"Oops."


"Something tells me there's more than champagne on this quilt," Christian joked, taking off his watch and holding it where they could both see it in the hand that wasn't occupied with the champagne glass. When the watch struck twelve, they toasted their champagne and took a drink.


"How about a few of those strawberries? I'm starving," Sean said, and Christian reached down beside the bed to retrieve the small bowl of strawberries and the dipping sauce. Christian dipped one of the berries and fed it to Sean, who took a hold of his hand and licked a few drops of chocolate off his fingers. Sean took a strawberry and dipped it, aiming it at Christian's mouth, but purposely letting a few drips of chocolate land on Christian's chest. As Christian ate the berry, Sean licked the escaped chocolate that had landed suspiciously close to Christian's left nipple.


"So that's how we're playing this, huh?" Christian teased, dipping another berry and rubbing it over Sean's lips. He withheld the little piece of fruit until he'd had his fill of licking the chocolate off Sean's mouth.


"This is in the way," Sean said, moving the quilt down to expose their bodies.


Getting up on his knees, he dipped a large berry and drew a line down Christian's chest and belly in the chocolate, painting an arrow pointing to his cock. Christian watched him, partially aroused, partially shocked by this erotic, playful side to Sean he'd never seen before. Sean fed him the first berry, then dipped another one, drizzling the chocolate over Christian's hardening cock. He rubbed the berry up the underside of Christian's cock and then put the berry in his mouth, moving up to share it with Christian. They spent a long time kissing, moving the berry back and forth between them.


Then Sean started at the top of the chocolate line and began licking his way down Christian's body, moving closer and closer to the point of the arrow, to the chocolate drizzled cock that was now fully erect. He dragged his tongue up the underside of Christian's cock, licking the chocolate there, then took the hard shaft into his mouth, his hand wrapped around the base as he worked the sensitive head with his tongue.


Christian moaned and leaned back in the pillows, indulging now in watching the reflection in the mirror, watching Sean suck him, enjoying the view of Sean's ass as he crouched there. One of Sean's hands fondled and massaged his balls, and soon, Christian was coming, and Sean was drinking him down. He was still breathless and recovering as he watched Sean lick a combination of come and chocolate sauce off his lips before moving up so they could kiss again.


"Don't look so surprised," Sean accused, laughing, leaning up on one elbow. "Did you think I only knew one or two positions and never had a sexual fantasy in my life?"


"You just didn't strike me as the mix food with sex kind of guy, I guess," Christian admitted. "Shit, that was incredible."


"You might be surprised what I can do," Sean said, reaching to the night stand for his champagne. "Promise you won't laugh if I tell you where I got the idea?"


"You have my solemn promise," Christian replied, a bit dramatically.


"Remember that basket of porn films Wallis Forsythe gave us?"


"That was almost three years ago. You must have really liked that idea."


"I backed it up and replayed it about four times," Sean admitted, snorting a laugh. "In the movie, the person drawing the arrow had double D's that looked like something Bobolit put in on his worst day, and she was using a can of spray-on whipped cream, but the concept was still pretty hot. I just always felt a little ridiculous trying something like that."


"So how did I get so lucky? Incidentally, I like the chocolate sauce better, and you'd look awful with D-cups." Christian grinned as Sean laughed a little harder at that.


"Because you warmed up my feet when they were cold."


"So you're a foot man, huh?" Christian quipped, and Sean laughed again. It was a sound Christian was getting addicted to.


"No one ever loved me that much," he said, pausing. "Loved every part of me that way. For the first time, I wasn't worried about looking silly or that it wouldn't work, or that I couldn't carry it off. It was just something I fantasized about that I wanted to share with you, because I thought you'd like it...because there's nothing I wouldn't try with you, and I never felt that free in my life."


"I loved it. And I love you - - every single part of you." Christian got his glass, and they toasted. "To a lifetime of sharing fantasies."


"To a partnership that keeps getting better every year," Sean added.


"To a love that just couldn't be any better," Christian said, leaning in for a kiss. The champagne was soon forgotten again, but the strawberries and chocolate were put to good use late into the night.


********


They began New Year's Day with a big breakfast in the house's cheerful kitchen, since food had taken a distant back seat to other physical desires the previous night. After breakfast, Christian actually talked Sean into the idea of building a snowman, since the overnight snowfall had left them with more than enough raw materials for the job. He honestly didn't care all that much whether they built a snowman or not, but he was committed to encouraging the carefree version of Sean who hadn't bothered to shave that morning, loved to get the best of Christian with a well-placed snowball, and laughed more in a few hours than he'd seen Sean laugh in years.


Warming up with a little lovemaking in front of the fireplace filled their afternoon, and by evening, they were ready to take that postponed sleigh ride through the woods. It was a small horse-drawn sleigh navigated by a driver who sat up front, while the two of them occupied the back seat, which was just big enough for two and supplied a heavy lap blanket. The snow was falling lightly again, and the trail through the woods was lit with lanterns strung from the trees on either side. It was like being in another world, in another time, just the two of them, bundled up under the blanket and watching the snow-dusted trees slowly passing by as they rode through the woods and then emerged into a more open area that wound among chalets and resort property. They occasionally passed another sleigh or caught sight of other vacationers enjoying a late evening ski or, in some cases, a romantic evening in front of the fire, visible through the windows of one of the many lodges along the trail.


"Makes me wish we could freeze time," Sean said, smiling.


"You mean along with your nose?" Christian joked, referring to Sean's red, frozen-looking nose. He leaned over and kissed Sean, then kissed the end of his nose.


"Don't take this the wrong way, but you're so cold that felt like kissing a dead person," Sean responded.


"I thought sleigh rides were supposed to be romantic."


"It is. Let's try it again. Maybe we can get enough shared heat going to thaw things out." They kissed for long minutes, succeeding in building up considerable heat in their mouths and elsewhere, finally settling in each other's arms to enjoy the rest of the ride.


When they arrived back at the house, Christian convinced Sean to brave the elements and try the outdoor hot tub. Clad in robes and flip flops, they ventured onto the deck and stared at the steaming tub they'd uncovered and started up as soon as they got home.


"They say getting in is the hardest part," Christian said.


"You're the one who said we should do this naked."


"Underwear isn't going to keep you warm, so why use it?" Christian took in a deep breath, dropped his robe next to the tub, and got in. "You've got to feel this, Sean. Come on."


"I can't believe I'm naked in a single digit wind chill," he groused, tossing the robe next to Christian's and getting into the tub. "Oh, this is nice," he agreed, the irritability leaving his tone.


"Come here," Christian said, urging him to move closer so they could enjoy the experience with warm bodies pressed together beneath the steaming surface. "Look at the stars. The clouds are breaking up."


"I have to hand it to you, Christian. You just might have found paradise out here."


"This is a nice spot to take a vacation," Christian replied. "But I found paradise on the dance floor at The Swaying Palm a few weeks ago." He kissed Sean, who responded eagerly to the contact. "And again last night," he added, resting his forehead against Sean's.


"You're my paradise, too," Sean admitted softly, before they got lost in each other again, blanketed by the warm water and watched over by the stars of a crisp New Year's night.


********


THE END


Happy New Year!!