Sentinel Thursday Challenge #145, Underwear


Underwear

by Winds-of-Dawn


When Jim refused to wear his newly pink underwear, Blair watched the subtle swing of Jim's oldest, softest jeans all day, and plotted the next accidental dyeing of underwear blue.

*

When he finds Blair's boxers while folding his laundry, Jim carefully folds it and tucks it in under his pillow.

He does not sniff. He does not clench it in a hand as he jerks off with the other. He does not wipe himself with it afterwards. It stays under his pillow.

Every so often, another stray pair turns up in his laundry, and Jim exchanges the new one with the old, putting the old one back into Sandburg's drawer.

If Blair notices, he does not say anything.

Every so often, when they are flopped side by side on the couch, mellow from beer or flush from excitement of a case gone well, Jim is tempted to mention it to Blair.

But then he remembers the notebooks, the tapes, the socio-anthropological theories.

So it stays under the pillow, as always.

*

In the morning, Jim will watch Blair pick their discarded underwear off the floor and twist them together as he throws them into the hamper, seeing their yesterdays in today.


PWP & Snippets Index