This is just something weird that happened while Tricia and I were having a late-night e-mail chat over nothing in particular. What was the saying about the Devil and Idle Minds? Or was that Idle Hands?

Anyway, I offered to list Tricia as co-author, since most of the ideas about what happens to the prisoners are hers, but she, being a modest soul, declined. Well, I'm announcing it to the world anyway: I am NOT responsible for what happened to all the villains!!! If you have any complaints, blame Tricia!


Prison Break-Out

by Winds-of-Dawn


NEWS FLASH
February 11, 2000 6:00AM

A large-scale prison riot broke out in the State Penitentiary at Dekafrench, 100 miles north of Cascade, last night.

In the confusion, a large number of prisoners have escaped.

Among the inmates confirmed to be missing are:

    Lee Bracket
    Warren Chapel
    Jane Cunningham (aka Laura McCarthy)
    Aaron Foster
    Dan Freeman
    Iris Johnson
    Garrett Kincaid
    Dawson Quinn
    Frank Rachins (aka Galileo)
    Veronica Sarris
    Brad Ventriss

A massive manhunt is underway by the combined forces of the Cascade PD, the State Police, the U.S. Marshal's Office, the ATF, and the FBI.

All the escaped prisoners are considered armed and dangerous. Citizens who suspect they have seen an escaped prisoner are warned NOT to approach them, but to contact their local law-enforcement agency.

END NEWS FLASH


NEWS UPDATE - DEKAFRENCH PRISON BREAK-OUTS
February 11, 2000 12:00 NOON

ATF reports that Veronica Sarris was discovered trying to steal explosives from the federal armory at Dawnwind. While trying to escape, she tripped on a motorcycle helmet, and fell, causing the explosives she was carrying to detonate. The forensics team is still trying to recover all her body parts.

The U.S. Marshal's Office has reported that their agents, along with a contingent from the Cascade PD, have surrounded Garrett Kincaid and the Sunrise Patriots at their headquarters in Morebanks County. The situation appears to have developed into a massive stand-off, as the Sunrise Patriots refuse to surrender.

Washington State Highway Patrol has confirmed that Frank Rachins (aka Galileo) was hit by a car as he tried to cross Interstate 12 at a point about 20 miles east of Dekafrench. He was pronounced DOA upon arrival at Our Lady of Mercy Hospital.

FBI reports that a man identified as Dawson Quinn was found stuck head first in a tar pit at the abandoned mines in Begay Bogs. He was found by local hunters who were in the area hunting deer. Preliminary coroner's reports indicates that he had been dead a few hours before he was found.

END NEWS UPDATE


NEWS UPDATE - DEKAFRENCH PRISON BREAK-OUTS
February 11, 2000 6:00PM

Cascade PD reports that Jane Cunningham (aka Laura McCarthy) was found suspended from the top of the Cascade Dams by an electrical wire tied around her ankles. The wire was connected to the electrical generator in the dam. Jane Cunningham was pronounced dead on the spot, apparently from a heart attack caused by massive electrical shock. Witnesses reported seeing a silver Volvo in the area earlier during the day, but was unable to provide any further details. Anybody having information regarding this case is encouraged to contact their local law-enforcement agency.

Cascade PD also reports that Iris Johnson was recaptured when she was found in the residence of a Cascade PD police officer, apparently trying to escape with an acoustic guitar purported to have belonged to Jimmy Hendricks.

The stand-off between the U.S. Marshals and the Sunrise Patriots came to a sudden end this afternoon, when the Patriots opened their gates to shove a man covered with what was reported to be sheep excrement out of the grounds. Several enterprising Agents took the opportunity to storm the compound. All the Patriots, including Garret Kincaid, were captured or surrendered. There appears to have been several casualties among the Patriots, but none has been reported so far among law-enforcement officials. The man covered in sheep excrement was later identified as Dan Freeman, another escapee from Dekafrench. It is not known at this time what he was doing inside the Patriot's compound, or how he came to be covered with sheep excrement.

END NEWS UPDATE


NEWS UPDATE - DEKAFRENCH PRISON BREAK-OUTS
February 12, 2000 12:00 MIDNIGHT

The Coast Guard reports that a body found in Cascade Bay has been identified as Brad Ventriss. The body was naked from the waist down, and the genitals had been mutilated. Preliminary coroner's report indicates that he was tied by the hands to a fast-moving sea vehicle, like a motor-boat, and dragged through the water until he drowned to death.

Cascade PD reports that Warren Chapel was discovered at the apartment of Cascade PD forensic specialist Cassandra Wells, kneeling over her mutilated body and muttering to himself as he continued to poke the body. All evidence indicates that he broke into Ms. Wells apartment, waited for her to come home, and killed her. He was discovered by a Cascade PD police officer who was sent to check on Ms. Wells when she failed to answer pages to report back to work.

Cascade PD also reports that Aaron Foster was found attempting to break into a private residence in Twickingham Estates, an affluent neighborhood in Cascade. He was discovered by the housekeeper, who hit him on the head with a rolling pin while trying to defend herself. Aaron Foster was taken to Cascade General Hospital, where he is reported to be in a coma from the head injury and listed as being in Critical Condition.

END NEWS UPDATE


NEWS UPDATE - DEKAFRENCH PRISON BREAK-OUTS
February 12, 2000 6:00AM

Cascade General Hospital has announced that Aaron Foster died at 4:32 am this morning.

The Governor's Office issued a statement saying that all escapees from Dekafrench Penitentiary have either been re-captured or confirmed dead, except for Lee Bracket. All involved law-enforcement agencies are making a concerted effort to locate Bracket, but as of the moment, they all admit they have no leads. When asked whether Bracket may have been involved in the deaths of his fellow escapees, the Governor's Office and all the law-enforcement agencies refused to make any comments.

END NEWS UPDATE


PWP & Snippets Index