From the televised episode, Light My Fire.

The words belong to David Thoreau, screen writer. The source transcript can be found at Becky's Episodes Transcripts Page.

If you are wondering how Debra "knows," well, she just does.


Beach

by Winds-of-Dawn


Tag scene at the end of LIGHT MY FIRE:

~Cascade Beach. Day. Jim and Debra walking on the sand.~

Debra: There's this place in New Zealand -- McCaffrey's Beach. It's supposed to have great waves.

Jim: I've heard of it.

Debra: Dad always talked about going there. Even after his accident. He said he doesn't care if he can't surf it, he just wanted to see it.

Jim: I doubt he would have wanted to have seen this today. It's like a lake out there.

(They walk back to Blair, who is seated on a log in front of a small fire.)

Debra: No kidding. Sure picked a lousy day to go out, didn't we? (sits on log)

Jim: You always got to call for the surf report -- rule number one.

Blair: And here I thought I'd finally get to see you surf.

Debra: Somewhere Dad's definitely looking down on us and laughing big time right now.

(Blair huddles his arms around himself.)

Jim: You cold, Chief? (reaches a hand out to Blair and pulls him up, hugging him briefly) Run around a bit, warm you up, huh?

(Blair obediently starts moving around.)

Debra: You love him?

Jim: (sits on log) I guess.

Debra: You guess? (laughs)

Jim: Okay, I do, okay?

(Blair looks back at them suspiciously.)

Debra: Go kiss him. Go on, I don't mind.

(Jim shakes his head in astonishment, then gets up, walks over to Blair, picks him up, swings him around, and kisses him.)

Blair: Jim?

Jim: (mouthes) I love you.

Blair: .... (looks up at Jim with surprise and delight)


Back to Hearing       Back to Margaret

On to Secrets


Peru Universe