Should Have Known

by Werewindle

 

"Let's do it again."

Gale could only stare at the man in the passenger seat. That's it that was the last time she was going to do a favor for anyone ever again. The absolute last time she swore, valiantly resisting the urge to bang head on the steering wheel.

One little favor he said. Just drive out and look at some book with him. Simple he said. She should have remembered that nothing was ever simple with Blair Sandburg.

But he promised her cookies damn it.

Of course everything had been going fine until they had been almost run off the road by an on coming car. The patch of ice they hit hadn't helped either. Which is why they were sitting with the bumper kissing a concrete fence post 200 meters *down hill* from the road.

Ok, so Blair had had some kind of allergic reaction to the tea at the shop they had visited looking for that book. Yes, she had to strap him in to his seat when they left because Blair kept getting distracted. So he had been bouncing in his seat and chattering like a hyper five year old. And boy did she know more then was proper about his and Jim's sex life.

"Um, no Blair not this time. Maybe Jim will take you to play snow tag in his truck if you ask real nice when we get back. Hang on." Thank the gods this thing is four wheel drive. She'd get back on the road, drive the last half hour to the loft and drop him off at the door. *quick glance at Blair who was plastered to his window* On second thought she'd better walk him up.

Deliver him to the capable hands of Jim, then Blair would be his problem to deal with. Gale promised herself a long soak and a new book. To help her get over the trauma of a hyper Blair, and the lecture from Jim she was sure to get. *sigh* To think she'd thought the over protective lover thing was cute.


-END-


.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords