Pretty In the Light

by Werewindle

 

Two years of traveling had brought them to Japan. Spike and Xander lost themselves in Tokyo, causing a stir under the neon lights. Playing in clubs where they drew admires like moths and hunting in the gray between demon and human sections of the city.

The vampire delighted in his love’s refusal to eat raw fish when he nearly drool over a bloody steak. The traditional tea ceremony taxed Xander’s patients and Spike’s attention span. Both had delighted in the hot springs, slipping out after the witching hour to enjoy them in peace.

They were celebrating two years together. And while they’d traveled on a whim before, getting in a car or jumping a plan and just *going*, Japan had been a deliberate choice. Xander had found, god knows how, a doctor that could and would take out the chip. It was to be his present.

Such a thing only underscored the reasons Spike loved him. His mate ever still the white hat but so sure that Spike would behave himself. And against odds, Spike will because his mate is worth it.

In the wee hours of the morning the vampire had often watched the mortal sleep. So pretty in the moonlight, streetlight, in the dawning, dying sun. His beloved mate. More and more he thinks of the white light of a souling spell and knows the day is coming when he’ll see that worshiped face vamped and snarling bathed in that light.


-END-


.:Previous:. | .:Next:.

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords