Twelve Six Days of Bandom - the Drabbles

by Werewindle

 

Mikey Can Haz Eggnog


For ink_on_the_page who asked for: Mikey, eggnog (the non-alcoholic kind)


Mikey wasn't really awake enough to be shopping but the bus was at the store now, so. He frowned as he bumped into the back of the security guy that went in the – where the fuck were they, Walmart? - first. Mikey shoved his bangs back and peered around a massively muscled shoulder. Oh. They were waxing the floors. Security took them around the cordoned off area and let them loose, marginally, on their own.

Mikey kind of shuffled down the isles a blue basket hooked over his arm. He didn't really need anything besides socks so he was just picking up whatever looked good until his basket was full and they let him go back to the bus and his nice warm bunk.

An Asian pear, two Clementines, M&M cookies, three pairs of toe-socks because he couldn't be bothered to find his way around to the men's section and these were right there, a couple of Nissin noodle bowls, and Hogfather all made their way into his basket. Mikey was just contemplating getting some cheese cubes when he passed the milk case.

Eggnog.

It was totally the season for eggnog. Mikey made a pleased humming sound and grabbed two cartons. Ok. He was done. Mikey ambled to the front of the store and got in line for check-out. Eggnog then bed, Mikey nodded decisively to himself.


Title: Holly Jolly Bob


For ink_on_the_page who asked for Bob and Holly


Bob wasn't really sure why the guys thought he didn't like Christmas. He liked it fine – there were presents and foods that you only bothered to make once a year and some of the music wasn't bad. Admittedly he wasn't the most demonstrative person about, but then Bob hardly thought that he needed to be with Gee and Frank around. They had enough enthusiasm for three or four bands Bob was sure.

The staring was freaking him out though.

“You found real holly? Ray and I looked at three places and they didn't have any.” Gee was giving Bob a look like the drummer had brought back fucking pirate treasure instead of a bundle of holly branches.

Bob shrugged and shuffled his feet a bit; Frank was starting to bounce like he did just before he pounced on someone for his damn spider-monkey hugs. “They're from the tree in Mom's yard.”

“You drove across town and tramped around in the snow so we could have real holly?” Gee smiled at him all pointy little teeth and stubborn eyeliner from last night's show.

Frankie whooped and jumped at Bob. He was ready for it though and didn't go down. Instead he just shifted the guitarist around and sat on the only empty seat at his table that wasn't a dinky folding chair. Bob gave a warning growl when Frank wiggled and almost upended himself out of Bob's lap.

The fucker just cackled. Bob shook his head and watched Gee take two of the holly branches and twine them into a wreath. He handed the finished product to Mikey and started on another. Bob hooked his chin over Frankie's shoulder content to observe his bandmates' efforts. He was sure that Gee would eventually talk him into making one of his own. Until then Bob was just going to warm-up and enjoy hanging out with the guys somewhere that wasn't either moving or a bland, cramped hotel room.

-END-


I tried doing 12 days of bandom for the holiday season. I got too few prompts and got busy anyway so six is all there was. The other days were images and music share links, if you want to see them go HERE.

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords