Old Friends



Part 5

Angel’s P.O.V.

“I’m serious! Shaggy was a bug eater“

~Serves him right.~

“I really can’t stand him, you know.”

~I can’t.~

“Drac?”

“Xander.”

“He can be a bit of a knob, but he’s not so bad.”

~Please. He’s a complete ass.~

“How do you put up with him?”

“We trade insults… share a pint… bitch about birds… You know… bloke stuff.”

“Insults?”

~Color me surprised.~

“Yeah – he calls me Fangless, Deadboy Jr., Bloodbreath… I call ’im Monster Magnet, Saggy Bottom Boy, Pillow Biter – still hasn’t figured that last one out.”

“He calls you what?”

“I jes’ said… Fangless.”

“Disrespectful, obnoxious little shit.”

“Angel… C’mon, he’s only a kid.”

“He doesn’t have a clue, he’s got no idea who you are, does he?”

Was, who I was. Not who I am, anymore.”

“Bullshit. You’re William the Bloody, you know it, and I know it. And he’d do well to remember that.”

“Angel, where is all this comin’ from… Xander an’ I are mates – s’not like if I had the chip out tomorrow I’d go after ’im… any of ’em, if ya must know.”

“He’s a rude, insolent, brazen lackey… and you’re taking his shit, and I’ll be honest… it’s pissing me off… and… and… he’s fat!”

~Are you laughing at me, boy?~

“He’s not fat!”

~Don’t smile at me like this is entertaining you… because I’m not a clown for your amusement, okay?~

“Yes, he is.”

“You obviously haven’t seen ’im lately. Workin’ construction doin’ ’im well, built like you now.”

~I know you’re not comparing that little twit to me.~

“I don’t care what he’s doing, he’s playing with fire. He should know better.”

“Don’t reckon I want ’im to know better.”

“Whatever.”

“You’re jealous.”

~Am not.~

“No, I’m not… And, plus, he’s all you’ve talked about since we left the Hotel.”

“We’ve only gone a block, an’ yes you are.”

~I hope this ends before we get to the pier. I could really use a drink right now.~

“Seems farther… and I just said I wasn’t.”

“A little?”

“Maybe.”

~He’s pulling me into an alley now. Pushing me against the wall, pressing his – oh fuck, he’s hard – body to mine.~

“Nothin’ to fret over, pet. S’been exactly one bloke that does this to me.”

~Pulls my hand to his crotch. Oh fuck. So hard.~

“Will…”

“We both know what we are, Angel… Both know what we have. Nothin’s ever gonna change that.”

“Thinking it was a bad idea for us to leave the room.”

~He lets out an amused laugh.~

“C’mon then, we can do this. Have a drink, enjoy the night… recharge… for later.”

~Yeah… later. Oh shit. Later. Oh fuck.~

“Relax, luv… we’ll take the night as it comes. Whatever happens, happens. Alright?”

“Alright.”

~Heading back towards the pier now. Okay, I’m nervous. A little. Not that I don’t want this, because I do. I really do. I really really do. It just seems like it should feel wrong. It doesn’t. I don’t know why. Maybe because both of us have rejected the lore. Maybe because he’s a Master in his own right, now. Maybe with him chipped, and me souled, we’re as equal as we’ve ever been. Maybe because we’re of the same order, and there’s no way in hell I’d go out of the bloodline for this. Maybe because he was made for me, by me… for me.~

“Stop broodin’… nothin’s set in stone. There’s a pub, we can sit outside so I can smoke.~

~How does he know I was thinking about that?~

“Okay, here’s good.”

~It’s kind of quiet in here, a few couples sitting at tables, a few young people milling about, some folk singer with a guitar on a makeshift stage… nice. We’ll get our drinks and sit outside.~

“What can I get you fellas?”

~Cheerful old man, standing behind the bar, his sleeves rolled up.~

“Jose, bottle… two glasses.”

“Tequila?! Wild man! Comin’ up!”

~He skitters away to get the bottle and glasses.~

“Will? Tequila?”

“It’ll loosen ya up, some.”

“I’m loose…”

“Yeah, about as loose as a frogs arse.”

~What the fuck? I’m loose… I’m laid back. I’m lying to myself. This is fun. Old man’s back.~

“Here ya go, sonny.”

“Ta, mate.”

~Follow Will outside, sit down across the table from him, watch him pour our drinks. The picture of confidence. Confidence and sex. He’s like sex on a stick. Walking sex. Everyone that looks at him notices, I see it in their eyes. I may have the big dark mysterious thing working for me – which I’ll admit has worked a time or two, but Will is all-out, hardcore fuck action. You can see it in his walk, the way he keeps his shoulders square, stands up straight and proud… looks you in the eye, quirks his lip into a wry grin… He’s a predator, my boy. Moves like a jungle cat, all lithe and agile, and yes, just as deadly… which brings me back to that little shit – who the fuck does he think he is? He’s got an over-inflated ego, and a dangerous false sense of security… He thinks Buffy will always be there to pull him out of trouble… He’s wrong. He’s dancing with the devil. Doesn’t have any idea what he’s tempting. Pisses me off to think Will… MY Will is taking shit off of that punk. And maybe I am jealous… because he accepted him. He never accepted me. Okay, so I killed Jenny Calendar… and Willow’s fish… and yeah, so I offered him up to Will… so what? Will’s tried to off him more than once… I’m such a bad guy? I’m not, once you get to know me, you know.~

“Angel?”

“Yeah?”

“Toast.”

~I raise my glass.~

“To old friends.”

~I smile at him. To us, then.~

“To old friends.”

~Sweet Mother of God That Burns!~

“Good stuff, huh?”

“Yeah, if you like drinking fire.”

“It only burns the first time, pet.”

~Oh. I caught that. I’m just gonna take another sip… because… he’s right. I’m not even close to loose.~

“It’s nice out here.”

~Look out over the water, the stars shining, warm breeze flowing in.~

“Remember Sicily… the stars over the ocean, the city lights shinin’… hard to tell where the city started an’ the stars ended.”

~I’ll never forget.~

“Those were good times, Will.”

“Yeah, they were. All of us together.”

~God, I don’t want this to end. I want him with me. I don’t care about the past. We’re meeting on common ground now. We’re both in the same place. He pours another drink for us, I’m watching him light his cigarette. The flick of his lighter lighting up his flawless features. He lets out a long stream of smoke, and just looks at me. I’m gonna ask him. I want him with me. There’s no reason we can’t be together.~

“Come back with me.”

“Angel…”

“Will?”

~He leans in, puts his hand on top of mine.~

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because I have nothin’ to offer you.”

“I’m not asking for anything except your company.”

“I know what you’re askin’, Angel. An’ I want to be with you. More than anythin’. It gets bloody lonely on me own out there.”

“So what’s keeping you there? Just come home… come home again.”

“I told ya, I got nothin’ to bring to the table. If we’re gonna do this, it’s gonna be as equals. An’ I’m a pretty far sight from yer equal right at the moment.”

“I don’t care about all that. I just…”

“I know, pet. I do. But ya gotta understand. I’m in a place where I’m needed. Dawn needs lookin’ after – Watcher’s goin’ back home. Xander an’ Anya are getting’ hitched, Red an’ Blondie are too busy playin’ witchypooh to be mindful of ’er, an’ Slayer ain’t what she was… She needs help. Needs someone she can count on.”

~I just don’t get this. They’re mortals. There was a time they’d have been nothing more than a buffet for him. Now he’s choosing them over me. I just don’t understand this. Maybe I do, maybe I chose them over him, too. So is this payback?~

“So it’s them over me, then?”

“It’s not that way, an’ you know it.”

“No… I don’t. What I do know is that I want you with me, and you’ve said no.”

“I haven’t said no, Angel. I said not yet.”

“What is it they’re giving you that I can’t?”

“Look, I spent a hundred plus years lookin’ after Dru, an’ then she’s gone, an’ I’m stuck in Sunnydale, where I promptly get chipped. Now I can’t take what I want, I can’t defend me’self against mortals, I can’t do anythin’… Then there’s these kids, an’ yeah, they’re jes’ kids… but they’re loyal as blood, an’ they’re relyin’ on me to cover their backs… An’ I can. Yeah, I may be as privileged as a whore, but they need me.”

“I need you.”

“So, I’m jes’ supposed to start over again, then? Come to LA, an’ jes’ go through it all over again? You got yer Watcher, yer Seer, yer Sidearm… An’ they’re all gonna be lookin’ at me, outta the corners of their eyes, waitin’ for me to fuck up… Challengin’ me, an’ accusin’ me of leachin’ off you.”

“They’re my problem. Let me deal with them.”

“It’s not jes’ about you, yanno. Hey, here’s a brilliant idea, how about if you leave LA, an’ come move in with me?”

“I can’t, Will… You know that, there are other factors involved…”

“Right, then. Now ya know where I’m comin’ from.”

~I hadn’t realized how selfish that was. But I’m selfish when it comes to him. I always have been.~

“The offer stands.”

“Angel.”

“What?”

“Wipe that look off yer face, I didn’t say we won’t be seein’ each other. Cause I plan on seein’ you… a lot, in fact.”

~I just want to be with you.~

“What look on my face?”

“That one… ya got a face like a smacked arse… aren’t ya listenin’ to me?”

“Yes…”

“Bugger this, let’s finish up these drinks, an’ head back to the room. I’ll show ya how much I wanna be with you. An’ what it’s gonna be like when we finally do.”

~That’s all I want, Will.~

“I want that.”

“I know ya do, pet. An’ I want you so bloody much, it aches… But we gotta do this right, or we’ll piss it all away… an’ ya already know that, I don’t hafta tell you.”

“I know.”

“Let me show you tonight… make you want it.”

“Show me, then… make me want it.”

“Bottoms up, love. Tonight you scream my name.”




Feedback

On to Part 6

Back to “Old Friends” Page

Back to Mouse’s Page

Back to BTVS/AtS FanFic

Back to Adult FanFic

Home



For the line graphics on this page, go to:

This link is no longer valid.
If you know the correct link, please send it to me.