Title: Wings of Hope
Author: lavingaround
Pairing: Éomer/Haldir
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: Characters are not mine and this story is just for fun and not for commercial use or gain.
Notes: Angst, Angst, More Angst, and a m/m pairing homoerotic sexy scene. The usual. Also Implied Character Death.
Summary: 'Movieverse' A Bit 'OOC' for the Haldir character as I see him as more than a bit 'stoic' in the movie. I wanted to show him a good time as a kind of 'Ode to Haldir-Make a Wish'. Hard to get a 'stoic' to emote. So I made him less stoic. Reference to 'Elfwine' is the name Eomer gives to his one and only son in book canon. This FIC is part of the Slashlords Fuh- Q-Fest. Plot Challenge Movie-verse: On his way to Helmīs Deep, Haldir runs into Eomer. They decide to rest together and neither man can hide their attraction for the other.


Wings of Hope
by lavingaround

She awoke in the cool time of morning, just before dawn; awoken by the calling of her Elven ring. 'Nenya' pulsed gently on her finger and for a while she just lay there, still, listening to the light breathing of her husband, Celeborn, beside her.

Then quietly she rose up from the bed and covered herself in a light dressing gown. She bent down, gently, to kiss her husband as he slept. A soft breeze wafted the room's drapery. Things were moving again.

She stepped airily out to the landing and then to the secret path that led to the mirror. Winding down the many hundreds of stair steps, she quickly came to the room. The mirror stood on a dais in the very center. A large silver pitcher rested near a pool at the back.

She retrieved the vessel and repeated the mirror's ritual as she had numerous times before. The Filling, the Calling for Strength, the Elvish Meditations and the Drawing of Light.

Mists swirled high above the bowl as it filled itself full of images, drawing them to it, concentrated by the power of her ring, molded by the hardness and structure, guided by its percipience.

She lowered her head to gaze through the mist, and as it cleared, her eyes saw themselves first in the liquid reflection of the bowl.


Galadriel's Vision

He was standing at the top of a sheer cliff on an island in the middle of the sea. The steep cliff face cut and craggy with the scars of wind and water. He stood imposing as always, looking very tall and grand; he was of her kindred, Noldor, a great prince of old.

He stood there at the top of the cliff, gazing out over the ocean. He was proud and fair like this once, and yet, there was always a fell bitter light in his eyes. His countenance filled her with dread. She had once considered him great. Her folly had been the folly of temptation, temptation redeemed by the Ringbearer. There was no redemption from his folly, for he had yielded. As she stared at his magnificence, shocked at her desire to bow on bended knee, the image began to change.

Dark wisps like smoke curled about his head, quickly darkening into storm clouds. The light in his eyes turned suddenly fierce, shining brighter and gleaming in a sky that rapidly darkened to night. His fair skin thickened and grayed into the black scales of armor and about his head there formed a great spiked helm, thrusting outrage to the sky.

He became Sauron, hatred among men, the lord of darkness and volcanic fire. As he moved to lift the visor up, she knew what she would see, that lidless eye wreathed in flame, ever seeking and desirous of power over all living things.

She watched as the storm clouds gathered and concentrated, as they began to stream into him, the sky further darkening to blackest night, sparks of red lightning danced across his armor and helm.

In horror she watched a pale withered old man approach him suddenly on horseback. Cloaked in white and on a white horse. A small pale light from his staff dim in the darkness.

The lidless eye then turned and fixed its gaze on horse and rider. A great bolt shot from his helm to strike them where they stood. Blackened and charred they fell from the face of the cliff and into the sea.

And then it began to rain, heavy, pouring like the deluge before a great flood....And to her ears, the rain sounded like the screaming of women and children, ...and men. ...dying in agony. The molten dark liquid of the sea began to rise.


She stood for an hour locked in deepest meditation. The sun rise dawned and the wind had picked up noticeably, moving the branches and leaves in a play of hopeful anticipation. The shadows between the beams of early morning light, loomed coolly, and as the wind touched her skin she became focused in her intent. She knew what she must do.

She stepped back gasping and raised her hand to hold it against her face. Small tears crept down her cheeks as she murmured 'He has risen from the shadow...Mithrandir has returned.' Quickly she turned and left the room in haste calling for her attendants.

Quietly Linn stood just outside the room. Lovely and fair she was her most trusted confidant. Proven capable of meeting the most important needs of her Lady, both in personal secrecy and necessity, and in running the affairs of Lothlorien.

'Linn...summon Haldir. Please tell him to climb to the 'Room of the Winds.' I will meet him there. There is need of haste ' Galadriel said. 'Mithrandir has returned to Middle Earth.'

Linn turned and ran hurriedly to deliver the message, her gossamer gown flowing behind her. Her was form lithe and sweet. 'Oh Mithrandir' she cried with joy as she ran.

Galadriel climbed, taking the huge spiral staircase to the uppermost dwellings in Lothlorien, near the Tree's summit was her aim.

The 'Room of the Winds' was used for High Festivals only, yet it's balcony was the only one in Lothlorien of suitable size.

Arriving she went to the balcony and raised her ring high and used Nenya to make her call. He would always come when she called.

She then turned and walked to a small table fitted with quill, ink and parchment. Hastily she penned her message and rolled it up. She used a bit of wax to affix her seal and keep it closed. She felt quickly in her pocket for the phial that was still there.

Moving back onto the balcony, she turned to face the East, her chin and face proudly arrogant and angry. Wiping her tears from her face with her palm, she said 'You will not win, Prince of Corruption. Nay, never will you win Sauron.'

Linn entered the quarters where the Elven soldiers had prepared and left days ago. There Haldir stood, wearing his golden armor, gazing outwards, looking wistfully to the empty path where his men had departed. 'Haldir' Linn breathed heavily, 'the Lady requests your immediate attendance, in the Room of the Winds.' She paused.

'They are in Rohan by now, going to honor the Last Alliance, and I wish that I had gone with them, Linn, but she forbade. What now is her desire? She did not wish me to lead my warriors.' Haldir said sadly.

'The Lady told me Mithrandir has returned' Linn said and watched as Haldir's face brightened with astonishment. 'She said to make haste...it seemed urgent.'

Haldir kissed Linn lightly on her lips and said 'forgive me for my questioning', he turned and raced with a glad heart.

Arriving, Haldir knelt at Galadriel's feet kissing lightly the hem of her gown. With bowed head he said 'I serve you always Lady and I am gladdened at the return of Mithrandir...but a few days ago you said I would not depart for Rohan with the Last Alliance and heavy was my heart. What do you now ask of me?'

'Something in my heart bade me hold you here. The reasons are not always made immediately clear to me . I am grateful for your loyalty and forbearance, I know that it was hard for you, not to depart with them.' Galadriel said. 'Rise up Haldir for I must tell my tale briefly. You will depart for Rohan and you will rejoin your army and Captain them. Though, in truth, I wish you to remain here.'

Haldir arose smiling. He and bowed and said 'You have restored to me my honor.'

'Your honor was never lost nor do I think it ever could be. Galadriel said.

'You must carry this message to Mithrandir. he is in Rohan. There is a growing darkness in the east and I fear this evil tide will too soon break and flood over us all. He must be told of this. Mithrandir need make more haste to stem it. Of the eastern tide I fear he does not yet portend it's size and strength. He seeks to protect and defend the world of men, and with it all of Middle-Earth. Yet the black tide makes itself ready too soon. What is whitest and brightest may soon be overwhelmed. He must be told' Galadriel said.

She paused and looked deeply into his eyes.

'He must be told, Haldir and in this I must trust my message to you. Take this message to Mithrandir,' she said handing him the scroll. 'And to see your return to your army before they reach Helm's Deep, you will need this.' Galadriel reached into her pocket to remove the phial.

'This is Elfwine a most rare and potent elixir. After the message has been delivered you will drink it. It is vibrantly potent. It will stimulate your muscles to run with the fleetness of Mearas. The Elfwine will give you stamina, you will be able to run and not tire, or require sleep. In this way you can rejoin them after the message has been delivered.'

Haldir stood and took the phial and scroll, placing them in his pocket. He reached in again to withdraw the phial.

'No Haldir...drink only after the message has been delivered. You will travel to Rohan by other means.' Galadriel said. placing her hand lightly on the back of his.

A loud noise arose from the balcony, a great flapping noise as the eagle landed. Magnificent in it sleekness, it's head and neck cowed low. Gorgeous brown and gold feathers shined like satin in the wash of morning light.

'Come Haldir and do not be afraid' Galadriel said taking his hand in hers. She led him to the balcony.

'This is Meneldor swiftest of all eagles. He will not let you fall. He will bear you to Rohan, Haldir. Even as a child have you not always wanted to fly? I remember Meleth Nin.' She moved her hand to caress his face. 'Trust in men Haldir...long have you been curious about them I know, ...long have your thoughts been desirous to know more of them. Find the first encampment of the horsemen. There you will deliver your message.' She then lowered her head to whisper something to Meneldor. The huge bird answered by lowering it's great neck further and turning to allow Haldir to climb upon his back.

Gently Haldir grabbed feathers and pulled himself up. He steeled his legs and braced them against the eagles neck. Looking one last time into the eyes of his Lady. he said 'You have always been the keeper of my deepest dreams and no one ever has known my hearts' desire truer than you.'

'Always you give honor in your love and service Haldir. Meet the riders of Rohan, teach them Haldir, that in our differences...there is nothing to fear.' Galadriel said as she raised her hand in farewell.

Haldir then nodded as the eagle lifted it's enormous wings and took flight.

Alone again the Lady of the Wood stood on the balcony, gripped by a sudden sadness at his departure. She hoped that she would see him again. She feared otherwise.


Haldir soared through the air on the eagles back. He felt like a child again, enjoying the rush of wind against his face. He looked down on his beloved Lorien, seeing it fully as it spread out before his eyes. Unconsciously he laughed and pushed his head high to catch the feel of the air more fully on his face. He cried aloud letting go momentarily of his worry for the future. He let it slip away, letting the morning breeze cleanse him of all the fear and doubt. 'Mithrandir has returned' he said aloud as he flew. There was hope again, and 'I am flying!'

He rode on the rest of the morning and into the afternoon, the many miles to Rohan. A trip that would have taken many days. Near mid-afternoon Meneldor banked right, and soon Haldir spotted the tents too. They were in Rohan and the camps of the riders were below.

'Trust them Haldir', he recalled her words yet in his belly he felt the nervous trepidation. Men fear what they do not know he thought, and yet Mithrandir places high his faith in them. He would do as the Lady instructed, and like Mithrandir, he would place his faith in them likewise, for the time being.

Haldir sat up high as the eagle lowered itself to land. Already the anxious men of Rohan ran to meet him carrying bows notched with arrows and iron tipped lances.

Gliding low, Haldir leapt from the eagles back to the ground. He did not wish the eagle to be the victim of harm, however unintentional. Two strokes of his massive wings lifted Meneldor back up and into the afternoon sky. Haldir had a moment to nod and give thanks to the great bird and it seemed he, shining in the sun's light, nodded in return.

Then the Men of Rohan were upon him.

Pushing him and jabbing with their lances. Their words were angry and mocking.

'Please I deliver a message of urgency. For Gandalf' Haldir started.

'An Elf in Rohan. Another Elf sent by the witch queen to kill a comrade or snatch our children'

'Kill him. Kill him before he can cast his magic.'

Voices in the mob of men jeering and thrusting lances closer to him, nicking at his skin. A particular thrust cut a nasty gash across his forearm, ripping his sleeve.

Haldir quivered with anger. His Lady was wrong. Men were too quick to kill. To much a victim of their pride and prejudice. They did not possess the natural curiosity or serenity of the Elves, or the reverence for life.

His arms itched to reach out and grab the knives in his quiver. 'Please I am sent on urgent message for Mithrandir...Gandalf. The Lady has bid me come.' His voice and body shaking.

'Hold' a voice boomed loud and clear behind the mob, fighting it's way through. 'Not everything strange is an enemy. Idiots...Hold I say. The next person who touches him dies this very day.'

The men lowered their lances and moved back a step to let someone through.

'Gandalf is not here Elf', said the man. 'Who are you and what is the nature of your message to him?'

The man before him was coarse in attitude. His face strangely beautiful. Thick black hair with bold eyes, eyes like an elf but darker and more mysterious.

'I am Haldir of Lorien' Haldir replied. 'I do not wish to give my message to any who would so quickly do me harm. Where may I find Gandalf?' he said crossing his arms over his chest, his face now fully flush with anger. His arm bled down his sleeve and dripped to splash the front of his pants.

'I am Éomer, Captain of the Riders you see here, he said gesturing with his hand. 'You would be hard pressed to find Gandalf, Elf. He seeks to muster an even larger group of horsemen to ride with us. We are to wait here for his return.' Éomer pulled a rag from his belt and threw it to Haldir. 'Cover your arm and come to my tent, we can talk privately there.'

'And if I refuse...what then? You will kill me where I stand?' Haldir took the rag and wrapped it around his gash. 'I have heard strange tales of the Riders of Rohan, I now see why Elves rarely travel here."

The mob of men murmured in a renewal of threats and angry words.

'Silence' Éomer boomed.

When the mob had quieted he began again. 'Pardon Elf, but these are strange times for Rohan and it's people. Extending trust and courtesy are luxuries, many have learned of late, that we cannot afford. Maybe a time will come soon when they can relearn the value of them. Éomer turned in a broad circle to glare at his men shaming them with his eyes. 'Please let me attend your arm' Éomer said extending his hand.

Haldir brushed his hand aside callously and proceeded in the direction of the campfires and tents. Éomer followed him to catch up and move ahead, motioning for him to follow to a large tent that stood a little way off from the others.

Raising up the front flap of the tent he held it so that Haldir could enter. He then ducked his head and followed.

'Sit Elf', Éomer gestured to a small table around which were two small chairs.

Haldir sat down quietly and surveyed the room It was deceptively larger inside than it looked from the outside. The table and chairs and three small racks for armor were the only items of furniture in the tent. Blankets covered the entire floor and to one side they were piled together in a makeshift bed. The small table was littered with maps and also a small case containing what looked to be medicines, and a jug containing some kind of liquid. Everything looked portable, for the quick breaking of camp, and small enough to be stowed on horseback. He was still angry but he allowed himself to relax a little. Taking the opportunity to dab with the rag at his cut, he inspected it more closely.

Éomer sat down on the other chair, and taking a bit of cloth, wet it gently with unguent from a small bottle. 'This will stop the bleeding. Give me your arm'

Haldir rolled up his sleeve and extended his forearm to rest it on the table. Éomer took gentle hold of the elf's bicep while he dabbed at the cut lightly with his other hand. 'Please forgive my men Elf, they are rash at times but they are good fighters.'

'Do not call me Elf Éomer, Call me Haldir.'

'I meant no offense. I'm sorry, I am truly Haldir,... my but your skin is so smooth...like a spring foal's belly.' Éomer gulped reflexively.

'I will not dare to compare you to anything, for never have I seen anyone like you' Haldir said curtly.

'Sorry again ...I am not an Elf' Éomer said.

'I know' Haldir replied. 'But that does not mean I do not like you.' He smiled at Éomer. 'You intervened with your men on my behalf.'

There eyes met and held for a moment.

'Our Lady commands that we fight with you, for Rohan. My Elves now march to Helm's Deep to honor the Last Alliance. I am like you in rank, their Captain, I mean to rejoin them soon.'

'That explains the fancy coat and armor.' Éomer chuckled and returned his smile. 'We have no such finery here.'

'That is because you are not an Elf' Haldir said grinning.

'I know' Éomer said grinning back.

'Then we are allies truly' Éomer said extending his hand to clasp Haldirs' in his. He capped the bottle and returned it to the case.

'It would seem' Haldir replied shaking his hand in return. He let his eyes roam a little over the man's frame. Never in his life had he seen shoulders so big or arms so heavily muscled. Beautiful, like a statue.

'Let me fetch some food and drink Haldir. I'll be back in a moment. Please, it is not the Halls of Edoras, but make yourself comfortable.' Éomer rose and left the tent.'

Haldir considered leaving the scroll and drinking the elixir Galadriel had given to him. Éomer would make sure the message got to Mithrandir. It would however be bad manners to just leave straight away. Nervously he tapped the phial in his pocket. If Mithrandir hadn't returned by tomorrow's sunrise he would have to trust Éomer with the scroll and drink the potion then. The afternoon sun was still up and sunset still a few hours away.

He removed his cape and breastplate and laid it neatly on the ground. He rolled up the sleeves of his shirt unconcerned about the blood there. He would get a fresh shirt when he regrouped with his Elves. He did not have an additional pair of pants however. Reaching he grabbed the jug on the table and uncorked and sniffed it. Water. Haldir stood up and pulled off his pants. Picking up a small cloth, he poured some water from the jug on it, and sitting back down, he began to wash the blood from his pants.

Haldir thought about what he knew about the race of men. That they were aggressive and headstrong there was no doubt. The Lorien Elves who had dealings with them, and they were few in number, had called them brutish. But to him that was part of their charm. Men were honest and straightforward with how they felt about things, whether for good or bad. There was no concern for subtlety or diplomacy. Their desires and intentions were easy to read. Haldir thought, it's almost a purer form of honesty, no Elvish guile to mask their intentions. No guile at all. No games.

Éomer walked to the mess tent and mused to himself. Another Elf had made his way into Rohan, remembering Legolas. He always loved the way they looked. So hard and yet delicate. Always fair of face and smooth of body. Soft but at the same time so hard and unyielding, so beautifully graceful and mysterious. He had often dreamed of finally making love to one. That was his fantasy of course, having met so few of them in his life, but it wasn't likely to happen. He laughed aloud at the thought. Arriving, he rummaged and found a few things that looked the best and placed them on a tray. Haldir was his name. Haldir is quite charming and handsome. There was something familiar in him, he thought. Something he could not quite put his finger on. He loved the hard sharp features of his face. The yellow hair...his lips. He gathered his tray up and turning made his way back toward his tent.

Moments later, Éomer returned to the tent thrusting his way roughly through the flaps while balancing a large tray of fruit and bread on the palm of one hand.

'We have not better fare but this..' at the sight that greeted him he stopped abruptly. There was a half naked Elf in his tent, long lean muscles of white legs on display, modesty covered by the briefest of shorts. The Man's breath caught in his throat, he tried unsuccessfully not to stare and by a force of will clumsily placed the tray on the table, nearly spilling it's contents.

Haldir looked up at the big man. He saw the tiny beads of perspiration on his brow. He smiled to himself as he looked back down to continue scrubbing at his pants.

'I wanted to remove the blood,' Haldir said smiling at his pants in a wide grin. Glancing back at Éomer he asked 'Tell me, how long would it take a horse to run from here to Helm's Deep?'

'It could be done in a day at need.' A pause. 'Is it hot in here to you? I am suddenly very warm.' His eyes roamed lustily over the Elf's body

Éomer then moved to the flaps and lifted them up, he hesitated and let them fall back down.

Maybe relieving himself of clothing as the Elf had done would alleviate the sudden warmth he felt. Éomer unbuckled the shoulder straps on his leather armor, the ones on the sides, pulled it off his body. He moved near to the bed then and placed his armor on the rack. He shifted closer, trying not to look obvious, and still trying not to stare. He knew he was doing a bad job of it. He simply could not take his eyes off Haldir.

Haldir looked up at him standing there. This effect of Elves on Men was known to him. Though he had never before felt any strong desire to reciprocate. Until now.

Éomer flexed again. Their eyes met, the gaze held. Haldir watched the horseman while he pulled the pants from his lap and laid them up onto the table. He wondered what would happen next? How did men approach desire?

For a few seconds they simply stared, neither moving. Haldir leaned back in the chair and pulled his shirt off over his head. 'It is a little warm, isn't it?.' he said, moving to clasp both hands behind his head.

'Yes... yes it is.' Éomer replied.

Can't the elf take a hint? Éomer thought nervously. He was unaccustomed to making the first move. He broke the gaze and paced slowly. 'I am still too hot... it sure is a warm day.'

He pulled his shirt over his head; he held it slowly and then finally dropped it to the bed. His now naked torso covered in beads of sweat. He flexed his arms again slightly. The flaps of the tent fluttered in an outside breeze. He was sure it was much cooler beyond them.

Éomer raised an eyebrow at the still closed flaps, making more obvious his offer. He didn't care; he wanted the elf even if he felt like an idiot. He was beyond wondering if the Elf felt the same way. Why didn't Haldir just jump on him like everyone else did? After all he had taken his pants off. He wanted just to kiss him once and maybe run his fingers through that hair. Well, maybe not only that.

Haldir smiled broadly enjoying the view. Never had he ever seen a chest so thickly muscled and large. He longed to run his tongue across it. The muscles rippled under Éomer's flexing. He could not prolong the horseman's agony of desire any longer, it was too cruel. Too cruel to prolong his own.

Haldir leaned further back in the chair stretching out his legs for the horseman. 'You may touch me if you wish...if I may also touch you' He said smiling 'You have this Elf's permission.'

Éomer gulped reflexively and shaking a little approached the Elf. He knelt down in front of him, and reached out one rough hand, trembling, to softly touch first, the Elf's calf, then proceeding to the knee and finally up to stroke the thigh. With the other hand, he pulled at the front of his trousers, his excitement stretching and already uncomfortably tight.

Haldir tensed under the Horseman's touch, hissing slightly through his teeth. His sensitive legs delighted in the coarse feel of Éomer's hand. His sheer undergarment filled and stretched tightly in arousal, his cock ballooning out of his shorts for the Man from Rohan's eager eyes.

Éomer reached up to feel him with both hands as Haldir slid off the chair and to his knees. They were now face to face, kneeling before each other.

'Aniron Argonauth' Haldir whispered dipping his head to tongue the Horseman's chest. Moving his mouth down, he sucked at his nipples, laving with his tongue and giving light nips with his teeth. Using his hands, he felt for the front of Éomer's pants, running his hands over the bulge, and finally untying and ripping open the bindings with his hands.

Éomer gasped, kissing the top of the Elf's head, he reached his hand down and under the delicate fabric of Haldir's shorts to feel his cock.

Haldir's head moved further down, his mouth enjoying the sweat from the Horsemen's chest and stomach, while kissing his nipples and belly. He felt Éomer's excited cock twitch against his bare legs and he reached down to feel it, teasing the saturated slit and smearing the juice over his shaft. Haldir shivered as, meanwhile, the man's hands found and cupped his balls.

Éomer moaned, leaning to one side he pushed his hips forward to thrust his excitement into the Elf's mouth, as he moved ever lower. He then tapped at Haldir's leg, showing his desire that they lay down on their sides facing each other's sex.

They moved thus and Haldir moved the Horseman's hips to his eager face. He licked at the length and underneath and at it's tip.

Éomer pulled the Elf's cock free from his shorts and stretched his mouth wide to the whole of it. His head bobbing and savoring the soft skin yet rigid hardness of it.

Haldir's hips bucked and he rolled on top, thrusting his stiff sex deeply into the Horseman's mouth, while with his hand he held the man's erection tightly upright, laving his tongue over it and sucking at it, feeling the fullness of it, in his mouth. He was salivating heavily and using the moisture from his mouth to slicken the man completely.

Éomer lay on his back and swallowed the Elf whole, burying his nose up to the blonde hair of his groin. He trembled under the Elf's mouth and stretched his legs wide, his toes curling and uncurling in his boots.

'Nay Éomer' Haldir pulled his mouth off the Horseman and his own cock up and out of Éomer's eager mouth. Moving quickly and deftly he straddled the Man from Rohan's muscular hips, and using one hand he guided Éomer's erection to his tight pink target.

'Oh Yes Haldir' Éomer moaned as his excitement slid into the Elf. The Elf bucked wildly on his sex. So very hot and so deliciously tight and slick, he watched the wondrous apparition upon him transfixed. Éomer felt Haldir's cock slap against his belly as he bounced.

Haldir moaned and swung his head from side to side, whipping his blonde locks in the air. 'Aniron..Aniron' he cried over and again. Never had he felt such rapture. His skin was alive and glowing in a hundred different ways.

He moved a hand to feel Horseman's nipples, then up to feel his own face, then to Horseman's beard, then to suck his own fingers, then to Horseman's mouth, then his own cock.

Ah Éomer Aniron' he cried bucking and beginning to tremble uncontrollably...then nipples..then mouth..then back to his own arousal...then to his face...he bucked wildly riding the Horseman's passion and his own.

'Meleth Nin, Meleth Éomer Nin Argonauth' Haldir cried finally spilling his release high and long dotting Éomer's chest and belly with his seed.

Éomer was close, but he longed to feel Haldir under him. He rolled the Elf onto his back, still keeping his rigid arousal buried deep inside. The Captain from Lorien was under him now. With his hands he lifted Haldir's legs and lowered his mouth to cover his, lavishing his tongue warmly into Haldir's mouth. He moved to tongue along Haldir's neck and murmered the words softly 'Magic Haldir'.

'Haldir' Éomer cried flexing and jerking in uncontrollably ecstasy thrusting his passion hotly inside the Elf.

Éomer continued to thrust his sex into the body below him, so hot and sweet. He came a moment later in delicious ripples of pleasure.

They lay entwined together panting and embracing tightly. Haldir bent his head to kiss and lick playfully at Éomer's chest.

All the while Éomer lay back, enchanted, stroking Haldir's hair and occasionally playing with the Elf's ears. He raised his head, straining with his neck to see where they were inside the tent.

'Haldir? We're part way on the bed already, should we rest awhile?' Éomer asked.

Haldir drew lazy circles on Éomer's chest with one finger. 'Yes Éomer, I have had a wondrous and eventful day. I am tired but I am happy.' He bent his head to lavish a kiss on the Man from Rohan's mouth, then raising his head he said 'Let us rest then.'

'Then we will rest awhile together' Éomer said reaching his arm around to embrace Haldir and pull him over and into the bed.


Haldir awoke sometime in the middle of the night. The sun had long since set, and the moon had risen, bathing the tent in a cool silver light. Éomer was not there.

Haldir yawned and stretched. He noticed a pitcher and basin lying together with a stack of white cloths on the table. He had slept quite heavily, unusually so, wrapped and folded in the security of Éomer's strong arms. He moved to the table and washed himself, gently and slowly enjoying and remembering the afternoon's lovemaking. He began to dress.

'Hhrrmmmpphh'

Haldir heard the familiar cough coming from outside the tent. 'Just a minute...Mithrandir?' he asked, hurrying to finish dressing himself. He felt quickly for the phial and scroll in his pocket; they weren't there.

'I have them Haldir...may I come in?' Mithrandir asked.

In answer, Haldir lifted up the tent flaps and bending his head, he stepped outside. Gandalf sat on a wooden box with Shadowfax next to him. He rose up quickly and grasped Haldir in a big hug.

'Gandalf, the Lady told me you had returned, but seeing you again, with my own eyes, does my heart good' Haldir said.

'And seeing you warms mine' Gandalf said, pushing Haldir back to look him in the eye. He gave him a huge smile. 'You have a glow in your cheeks Haldir. How did you come so far...so fast?' Gandalf queried 'Meneldor?'

Quickly Haldir told Gandalf all that had happened, from the departure of the Elves to honor the Last Alliance, up to his arrival in Rohan. All that is except for his intimate afternoon with Éomer.

'So you have flown, Haldir' Gandalf spoke 'and now you will ride to rejoin your elven brothers ere they reach The Deep. He lowered his voice to add, 'I must keep the phial of Elfwine Haldir. It was Galadriels' intent, written in the scroll...for the Riders of Rohan, you see, for swiftness in Rohan and elsewhere.'

Haldir nodded in understanding, as Gandalf continued, 'She said you have always loved to ride horses. Your friend Éomer,' he added giving him a wink, 'seeks for one proud and regal enough to carry you.'

Haldir's heart leapt inside him as he said 'O Mithrandir. A horse? I am to ride a horse again? O yes a horse, I very much like to ride them...All my dreams in such a short time. You do me great favor' he said as his eyes misted with joy.

It seemed Gandalf's eyes flashed with a sudden sadness as he said 'Haldir, you will ride upon a horse most honorable elf. for you have always been the fairest and most noble of all the Elves of Lorien, even to rival Galadriel herself.' He smiled lovingly at Haldir.

'Look, Éomer comes now with your steed and I am sorry to say but I must hasten to be off mustering once again.' Gandalf said and he then uncapped the phial and tipping it placed a little of the Elfwine onto Haldir's lips.' Please be careful, Haldir and ward yourself well', he said swiftly mounting Shadowfax he turned and streaked off into the night.

'Here he is Haldir, the horse that will bear you to your brother Elves. I am sad to see you go, we had so little time' Éomer said handing the reigns to Haldir. 'He is called Magic' he said lifting Haldir up by the waist and placing him into the horses saddle. He let his hands linger there, looking deeply into Haldir's eyes. "Magic' he said again.

'By my word, we will meet again Éomer of Rohan, for there is much in my heart that I have not shown you, if you desire to go with me there' Haldir said.

'Aniron' Éomer replied and watched Haldir's face break into a soft smile.

Éomer pulled himself up to kiss Haldir, and Haldir bent from the horse's back to meet him halfway. They kissed deeply, and suddenly both felt the Elfwine surge through their limbs, strengthening and invigorating in it's power..

Murmurs from the few men still awake grew louder behind them.

'So I kissed an elf, so what' Éomer turned to yell at them. 'Let's not make a big deal out of it...let anyone say another word and I'll stick him' he added.

He turned back to Haldir and grinned. 'Take care of yourself, Haldir of Lorien.'

'Meleth Nin Éomer' Till we meet again.' Haldir said kicking his horse to start it moving outward toward his next journey.

And when the moon had set, the darkness enveloped Haldir like a kiss, as the memory of Éomer kept him riding on all night, riding forward to rejoin his elves,

...and love held him closely in strong arms as he marched, leading the Elven Army to the Mountain Deep,

...and into the darkness, that came just before dawn.


Feedback

Home