Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
Buckaroo Banzai

 

                 

Destiny

Tommy Boy woke up, what woke her up was lost to her.  Sitting up in  the bed she turned on the lamp by her bed.  Sitting up in her bed she  scratched her head, shifting her long hair.  Sitting Indian style in  her silk teddy shirt and shorts she took a deep breath the try to  center herself.

It had been a long week, many things had come forth that she much  rather have buried.

Her grandmother died from natural causes, leaving her, the last known  heir to the estate what was considered filthy rich.

When the lawyer had come to the Institute Monday to meet with her she  had no idea what the meeting was about.  She hadn't known of the  passing of Mary Fenwick.  It was another lifetime ago for her.  She  had met with the older lady three times since leaving the estate at  the age of seventeen.

She had pulled Buckaroo and Rawhide in to keep her company in meeting  with the lawyer.  One thing she had learned, never meet with anyone  associated with family alone.

The lawyer pulled out several items from his briefcase.  "Ms.  Fenwick's passing has brought a supstanial inheritance.  And as the  remaining heir, you are now the holder of the entire estate."

"Which entails?" Rawhide asked.

"The manor in Long Island as well as several properties around the  world.  Major controlling stock options of several New York based  firms yielding from plastics to technology.  Cash and bonds of over  three million dollars."  He slid over two folders.   Rawhide opened  one to review the name of the corporations in her portfolio.

"How many people did Ms. Fenwick employ to keep her business?"  Buckaroo asked.  One person alone could not keep track of all this  wealth.

"Along with myself, we have a staff of ten that ran and kept her  investments safe." 

Buckaroo nodded.

Tommy Boy was totally shocked. She didn't know what to do with all  this.  What she was learning she had no idea.  She knew they were  well off but this well off.

Rawhide looked back to the lawyer.  "Leave what papers you wish to  have Tommy Boy review and we will meet at the end of the week with  any decisions that had been made."

Tommy Boy smiled at Rawhide, if the lawyer thought he was going to  try to run something by her he had no room.  Rawhide wanted to make  sure they knew what there was to know.   Which she had spent Tuesday  doing.  Pulling up information on investments, financials of one Mary  Fenwick.  

Wednesday they review the actual office and the people that were  entrusted by Mary.  Though knowing it would be nice to keep the  people that worked for her grandmother, she didn't think they would  work as hard for her as they did for Mary.

Tommy Boy called her close friend in New York that specialized in  custom financials.  When she explained to him what she had inherited  he nearly fainted.  He didn't know of her connections to the Fenwick  family.  She asked if he would be she could be his sole client, his  salary and office of his choosing would be paid by her estate.

Now she sat in her bed, thinking of her destiny, the thought of  carrying that money on.

She thought she had run from the Fenwick name, but again it had come  to her, pulling at her.  But with it came a freedom.  No longer did  she have to wonder if at any time if something was going to come at  her from her grandmother.  No more threats.

Now she was what her father didn't want her to be, holder the family  name and money.

Funny since technically there was no blood tie between them.  She and  Andy were bastard children, conceived from an affair.  Now she had  the last laugh.

Tommy Boy turned off the light and settled back under the covers.  

Perhaps this would close the book on to a part of her life that she  wished she never had opened but was drawn into it just the same.  

Now she could control the destiny.

With that thought she closed her eyes and thought of what endowments  she could start to help the world.

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *