This Isn't What I Wanted

by Ghostdiva

This is a story that I wrote for class about my old highschool ,but I had ghostbusters on the mind and this is what happened.

The drabble is told from Janine's POV and It's her thoughts on the situation. She has just married Egon and he for some reason felt it nessasary to start a new life as a result.She isn't pleased. Here we go.


"I can't believe it, I just can't believe it. I don't understand why he's doing this, why he quit a job he loved so much, a job that was a part of him, for this. This, this DUMP! And for what, huh, what? Because of me? Because I wanted it! NO. I didn't want this; he thinks he has to take care of me now, that now things have changed, but they haven't.

I didn't want this. I wanted US to be happy TOGETHER! I feel like he's throwing his life away; he's so brilliant, A GENIUS, but he wants me, us , to have a safe life together. So this is it, a run down highschool in the middle of nowhere, he could have done better. He could have done better! He up and left the only things important to him; his friends, his experiments, all because he thinks I'm more important.

Well I'm Not! I didn't want to be, all I wanted was his love and his companionship. He could have given me that back in New York. Back with his friends, his business, his experiments, and the excitment that came with it. Why doesn't he open up and tell me what he feels, before he does something like this. This isn't what I wanted. I'm not cut out for this life. I want to go back, back to the way we were before we were married, and that means I have to talk to him. I have to stop him before he makes the worst mistake of his, our, lives. I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way. I hope he understands."


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.