Proton clout :: Voyager/RGB crossover

by Campi

ARCHIVE: Okay with me, if it's okay with you.
RATING: Suitable for all ages - at least that's what I think.
DISCLAIMER: Even if I'd want to own the RGBs, I don't. Neither do I have the rights to do what I want with Star Trek Voyager, but that never stopped me.

NOTE: I haven't seen all the Voyager eps, so I might have screwed up, but hopefully just a bit. No telling what happens in the Voyager series, PLEASE! Have mercy! There are more stone-age Europeans on this list, being in mid-series. As always, a S.A.M.E label on the story - Sorry About My English. If you can't take it, delete it unread and live happily ever after.


Ensign Harry Kim, a young man with Asian features, looked at his colleague of the Star Fleet Voyager with a smile. Lieutenant Tom Paris, a slender man being the same age as Harry, was busy reading the synopsis of the next Captain Proton adventure they were about to play on holodeck. Harry had participated many times before, not being as fanatic when it came to the mid twentieth century holodeck role-play game as Tom, but still enjoying it a lot. The games provided the vent the whole crew of Voyager needed, being marooned in deep space, not knowing if they were ever going to find their way back to Earth.

"Does this one have Arachnia in it?" Harry asked Tom.

"No, sorry," Tom answered, sounding as if he didn't quite know what the question had been, fully preoccupied with reading. "Say, shouldn't we ask some in the female part of the crew if they want to join? I'm sure I can dig out a chapter of Captain Proton that requires women in cameos."

"Last time I asked Seven, she said the Doctor had advised her not to," Harry explained with a frown. "Either she's right, or she's turning more human than we'd want her to. She claimed it would disturb her borg implants and make her hallucinate for hours afterwards. She'd see tin can robots spurting up and down the corridors, she said."

Tom laughed shortly and pointed out that Seven probably was gaining some sense of humor, and that they should keep her from seeing the Doctor too often or she would adapt his sense of humor. Having two persons telling his kind of jokes would put an end to the crew faster than a black hole.

"Why aren't we just going to play the next chapter? If we're not, can I pick one?" Harry Kim urged.

"No, the next chapter is about the swamp creatures of planet Muuzh. That reminds far too much of what Neelix served for lunch," Tom Paris explained.

"Okay, then let's just pick one at random," Harry suggested. "I don't want to play one I've played before."

"I feel like a surprise, too," Tom agreed. "I won't read the synopsis and I'll just pick one, okay?"

"Okay," Harry agreed. "Sounds fine."

Tom activated the holodeck, entered the data required and stepped inside. When Harry stepped in, Tom told him that the episode he picked was called 'Proton clout'.

"What kind of title is that, really?" Harry wondered and scratched his temple. "We're really up for a surprise - I can feel it."

"I don't remember this episode," Tom said. "I'll be up for a surprise, too."

"It seems like the computer screwed up a bit," Harry said and looked at his clothes. "I'm in color. So are you, and so are the surroundings. Where are we, really? It doesn't look like one of Captain Proton's cheap prop sets."

"It could be one of the late episodes," Tom pondered. "I think there were a few in color, but I haven't seen them. Making the Captain Proton show in color was what killed the series, actually."

Harry nodded and looked around. They were in some kind of large building, a bit like a factory, but the machines weren't operating. His clothes were simple enough - jeans and a tee-shirt. Tom had the same kind of clothes.

"So, now what do we do?" Harry asked Tom. "Do we have to rescue some fair maiden, or what do you think?"

"I think I heard something," Tom whispered back. "Come, let's hide."

"Oh, noble brave knights we are," Harry commented and ducked under a table on his hands and knees.

There was the sound of people running. Occasionally the rhythmic thumps stopped, crashes were heard and then the sound of some kind of weapon.

"Get him!" a voice was heard, seeming as if it belonged to a young black man.

"I can't, you're in the way!" another man answered, sounding laid back but agitated in the heat of the moment. "Do you want to eat proton lunch through the back of your head?"

"Proton!" Harry whispered to Tom. "He said 'Proton'!"

"I heard that," Tom whispered back. "Do you think they're enemy allies? I should have read the episode synopsis after all. I don't know what we're doing here. We don't even have any weapons."

"Well, they do," Harry pointed out and looked at a strange kind of sizzling beam, which hit the ceiling in the other end of the factory. "Better stay low and see what happens."

"What's the PKE valence of this one?" someone asked.

"It's a class six," a fourth man responded, having a bass voice. "I'm getting some unusual readings."

"Oh man, don't say it," the black man responded. "There's always some trouble when you put it like that."

"It's getting away!"

"Come on, we need your help! Put down that meter!"

"Yeah, like that ever helped. It's like talking to a wall."

The men, or at least three of them, ran in the direction where Tom and Harry were hiding. The two Star Fleet members could tell this by the sound of many feet. Some strange kind of purple blob swooshed past their hideaway and seconds later they saw the legs of the men when they ran through the factory. The one in the lead was dressed in a light brown jumpsuit, the second in a white one, while the third had a darker brown jumpsuit. They all wore black boots, being dented and worn.

"Gentlemen!" the man with a bass voice called out, still remaining where he was when he first spoke. "Seize your fire!"

"No way, José!" someone responded from the other end of the factory. "We're gonna box this one."

"His name's José," Harry whispered to Tom. "At least we know something about them now."

"Good," Tom agreed. "You go talk to him."

"Me? They might want to conquer the universe and all I've got is a pair of jeans being way too tight. I'm not approaching anyone until I've got a weapon. Do you think we can steal one of theirs?"

"If we help them, maybe they'll help us," said Tom. "I suspect that the only option is for us to go talk to José."

"Fair enough," Harry agreed.

In the very moment they crawled out from under the table, terrible noise was heard from where the three men were. Most of all, it reminded of the racket which would be produced if boxing champions tried to fight in a ringside full of wooden crates. Harry and Tom froze, looking in the direction of the men in coveralls.

"Whatever you do, don't fire!" the man whose name they believed was José called out.

Three blazing beams lit up the factory and a terrible shriek was heard. It sounded very inhuman.

"Peter, don't scream like that!" the black man protested.

"He slimed me!"

"Put some in this petri-dish," the chubbiest of the lot asked. "I need it for analysis."

"I'm not a hankie!"

"Get yourself another job, then," the black man responded.

"Sirs?"

Tom and Harry turned to the left, realizing they stared at a pair of legs. The man in question was dressed in coveralls similar to the others, but his being pale blue. When they looked higher up, they saw his concerned face. He was wearing red-rimmed round glasses, which had slid down on his nose. In his hands he held some kind of tri-corder device, while he had a sort of pack strapped to his back. The man's hair made Tom think of Elvis, the legendary singer he learned about in history class.

"Uh... we can explain," Tom started and grinned unsteadily.

"Weren't you informed that the building is supposed to be cleared?" the man in blue coveralls continued. "This is a danger zone. I can't guarantee your safety."

"Hey! Einstein! Why are you just standing there?" the man in the dark brown coveralls yelled. "We need help over here! Stop staring at that meter and - oh no! Watch out!"

The purple blob laughed in a very sinister manner and swooshed away from the three men. Harry gasped and scrambled back under the table, while Tom and their acquaintance ducked behind a machine nearby. The creature yelled and waved its little limbs as it tumbled and turned in the air, looking like an overgrown crazy bumblebee.

"Don't cross the streams!"

"You always say that!" the man with the laid back voice replied. "Do you think I can ever forget it? Grilling a big fat marshmallow once is enough for me!"

"What's he talking about? Marshmallows?" Tom asked the bespectacled man.

"You never heard of Gozer the Gozerian, the Traveller?"

"No, see, I skipped a few chapters and I'm totally lost," Tom explained. "Can we introduce ourselves? Captain Proton. I heard your name's José."

Tom reached out his hand and the blond man shook it, looking at Tom in suspicion.

"No, that must be a mistake," he said. "My name is Doctor Egon Spengler. Nice to meet you. I advise you to leave immediately."

"We just got here!" Harry complained, joining the two. "What are we supposed to do, Captain Proton?"

"Leave," Egon repeated. "Look at these readings - I never saw anything like it."

"Me neither," Tom agreed. "You sure we can't help you? I think that's what we're here to do."

"Do you have any experience capturing ectoplasmic entities?" Egon asked in a very dry voice.

"Sure!" Tom said. "On planet Actopia. Chapter thirty-six."

Egon stared at him, but was disturbed by some insane cackle coming from the ghost. It dove right at them so fast that Egon didn't have a chance to grab the handle of his protongun. A sloshing sound was all they heard before they felt cold slippery ooze find its way under their clothes and into their shoes.

"Peter, don't fire!" the chubby short man yelled, but it was too late.

When the whole factory started to shake, the protons beamed across the room from the muzzle of the protongun. The two men being in his company jumped him and tried to direct the beam, but they slipped in ectoplasmic residues on the floor and fell. Egon, Tom and Harry felt how it got very hot when the protons surrounded them, and they saw how the walls and machines of the factory started to flicker. Harry tried to spit out some of the garlic-tasting slime, but more poured into his mouth from his cheeks and upper lip.

"I don't like this episode," he sputtered to Tom.

"Attention!" a woman's voice came from everywhere. "All crewmembers return to your duties. Code red. We are under attack. I repeat, we are under attack."

"That's Captain Janeway," Tom said as the light went out. "The program must have been terminated when we were attacked. That's why the floor was shaking. Someone's firing at Voyager."

"You're right," Harry agreed. "It seems the holodeck is empty now. Can you find the door?"

"There's still slime here," Tom complained and heard how his feet made wet sounds when he walked. "Are you still wearing your jeans, too?"

"Yes, it didn't replicate my uniform back," said Harry. "We have higher priorities than our looks. If you follow me, I think I'll find the exit."

They walked through the dark holodeck, which had been a factory just seconds ago. Harry located the door, even as it was pitch black, and opened it. The corridor was dark, but dim emergency lights lit it up just enough to help them find their way to the Bridge.

"Lieutenant Tom Paris!" the Captain's voice was heard from hidden speakers in the corridor. "If you can hear me, come to the Bridge immediately."

"Why doesn't she use my com-badge?" Tom called out to Harry over his shoulder. "Is it necessary that the whole crew finds out I'm not sitting in my seat, piloting Voyager?"

"Maybe because the com-badge wasn't replicated back onto our uniform, since we're not wearing our uniforms," Harry suggested. "The computer must be offline."

"Ensign Harry Kim, please report to the Bridge!" Captain Janeway's voice sounded again.

"I haven't got my com-badge either," Harry remarked.

"Oh, I'm glad you told me - I could never have guessed."

They sprinted along the corridor and showed up on the Bridge, still panting. Captain Katherine Janeway spotted them immediately, putting her right hand on her chest in pure relief.

"Your com-badges!" she exclaimed. "Why aren't you wearing them? I thought you might have died!"

"There was a replicator malfunction on holodeck," Tom explained while he crossed the floor. "What's happening?"

"An attack," explained Commander Chakotay, a man in his forties with olive skin and Native American facial paint over one eyebrow. "We've tried to hail them, but they won't open a com-channel."

"Who said the Delta-quadrant was boring?" Tom sighed and looked at the dark ship in front of them.

"The computer can't identify the ship," Captain Janeway informed them.

"Shields down to sixty percent," said Harry Kim and seemed sweaty in spite of the ectoplasm that still covered his face. "I would have re-routed power from other systems, but they are already damaged and offline."

"Should I take us away from here?" Tom asked.

"Wait!" said Janeway and put the palm of her hand up in the air. "We can't do that when our ship is damaged. We have to establish contact and ask why they fire at us without even giving us a warning."

"Yeah, they seemed chatty so far," Tom muttered under his breath.

"I'll try open a com-channel in every spectrum," Tom said and tapped on the computer consol.

"Captain!" a woman having a calm alt voice hailed over Captain Janeway's com-badge. "This is Seven of Nine. I suggest you run a scan onboard Voyager, detecting possible intruders."

Captain Janeway's face stiffened when she heard Seven's request.

"Run a complete scan on all life forms onboard Voyager," she commanded. "Try scanning the other ship as well."

"Yes, Captain," Harry replied and tapped on his consol again. "All crewmembers scanned and accounted for." His eyes got bigger and he tapped the computer consol even faster. "Four life forms detected. They have been here since we encountered the ship."

"Intruders!" Chakotay called out. "We must warn the crew. What species are they?"

"You're not going to believe this, but my data says they're one hundred percent human," Harry explained. "Three of them are in a corridor on deck six, on the move. The fourth one is in an elevator on deck eleven."

"That can't be correct," Captain Janeway objected. "You must mean humanoid, not human."

"No, humans of flesh and blood," Harry urged. "They have human DNA. They could have adopted that form when they had teleported themselves to Voyager."

"We must take that into consideration," Chakotay agreed. "Since we know nothing about them, they could just as well be shapeshifters, able to adopt the structure of a human body."

"That could mean they copied a crewmember, or several," said Tom. "If so, we can't tell our guests from the original."

"Asking for permission to enter the Bridge," Seven's voice was heard from the Captain's com-bridge.

"Since when did she ever ask for permission?" Tom threw in.

"Permission granted," Captain Janeway responded.

The door next to Harry Kim swooshed open and the tall blonde entered. She dragged someone along, this not slowing her down much.

"Seven!" Chakotay gasped. "Who is that?"

"This," she said dryly and held the man in front of her on a straight arm, his feet dangling three inches above the floor, "is someone calling himself Doctor Peter Venkman. He claims he's from Earth."

She was holding Peter's protonpack in her left hand, but let go of it. With a clatter it fell to the floor and Peter waved to the crew at the Bridge, smiling far too much and far too stiffly.

"What are your demands? Why are you firing at us?" Captain Janeway asked Peter.

"Who - me? Demands?" Peter asked, nibbling his lip for a second. "You mean I can ask for things? I'd like to have a date with her, if so."

He pointed over his shoulder with his thumb in the direction of Seven's face. She frowned and snorted.

"I don't think we can communicate," Chakotay said. "He doesn't seem very dangerous, and Seven appears to have disarmed him already."

"Hey, I let her take me!" Peter said and crossed his arms over his chest. "She's the prettiest lady I ever saw - I could never look myself in the mirror again if I ran away from her when she chased me."

"This explanation is accurate, but could be put in other words," Seven agreed. "According to my initial analysis, he seems to be harmless."

"Did you see the other three?" Chakotay asked her.

"Yes," Seven answered. "They ran in the other direction, while this one let me take him. He immediately realized that resistance is futile."

"Were they humans, too?" Captain Janeway wanted to find out.

"This seems to be the case," Seven explained. "They all have weapons identical to this one." She pointed at Peter's protonpack. "My brief investigation shows that the weapon is a portal nuclear accelerator. It cannot efficiently harm humans. The greater danger of this weapon is its instability. A chain reaction in the core can easily kill people standing within a radius of approximately twenty feet, not to mention the radioactivity."

"You sound just like Egon," Peter sighed. "Can you put me down? My coveralls are eating their way into my crutch."

"What are you doing on Voyager?" Captain Janeway asked Peter.

"Chasing a class six blob, I think," Peter answered. "Is this place called 'Voyager'? Isn't that a little pretentious for a common factory?"

"Tom," Harry said to his friend, who was sitting across the room. "I think something's very wrong here."

When Tom was about to answer, his reply got cut short as Voyager was hit again. The whole ship was shaking and the crew on the Bridge held on to whatever being within reach.

"What are your demands?" Captain Janeway yelled to Peter when Voyager had stopped shaking. "Stop firing at us!"

"I'm not firing!" Peter objected. "I haven't even got my protonpack anymore."

"I suggest we find the other three intruders and ask them," Chakotay said.

"Yes," the Captain agreed. "Send out a message on every com-badge, but not the speakers. Make sure the crew understand that the intruders must be disarmed before they are brought here."

"Are you talking about my colleagues?" Peter asked. "We haven't done anything!"

"How did you enter Voyager?" Chakotay asked. "How did you penetrate the shield?"

"Well..." Peter answered, sounding uncertain, "...through the door. That's what you do, right? Use doors? I don't know about any shield."

Chakotay frowned and folded his arms over his chest. An upset voice was heard from the Captain's com-badge, cutting Chakotay's interrogation short.

"Captain! This is Neelix. I'm in the kitchen with Tuvok. We've caught one of them! Tuvok's pinning him down. Can we bring him over?"

"Yes, take him here," Captain Janeway commanded him. "Aren't there two more?"

"They ran away," answered the chubby Thalaxian. "I think some other crewmembers are chasing them."

"Good," Janeway said. "Doctor Venkman - that's your name, right? Doctor Venkman, as you see, this little attack of yours has failed. Give up immediately and stop firing at Voyager."

"I don't know who's got a problem here, me or you," Peter sighed and turned to Seven again. "Can you please put me down, girl?"

"I've opened a com-channel!" Harry Kim called out. "It's voice only, so I can't put it on screen."

"Very well," Captain Janeway said. "Doctor Venkman, should I talk to them, or will you call this off yourself?"

"If I do the talking, will you put me down?" Peter wondered.

"Yes," Janeway agreed. "Seven, put him down."

"Thanks," Peter sighed with relief. "Where's the microphone?"

"You don't need one. It will lock on to your voice automatically," Chakotay said.

"Okay, sounds great. You wanted me to stop the star wars, right? You have a Death Star somewhere, ready to launch, I hope. It's not the first time I wanted one of those."

"Go ahead!" Captain Janeway told him.

"Right. Uh, guys! Stop firing at Voyager!" Peter called out.

Tom Paris couldn't help that he started laughing, but stopped when he was given a stern look from a crewmate.

"No response," Harry explained.

"Should I speak up even more?" Peter asked.

The doors opened and a short man with whiskers and spots in his face entered. He was dressed in a colorful costume and seemed agitated. A tall black man with pointy ears accompanied him, dragging Doctor Raymond Stantz along.

"Ray!" Peter called out. "What are you doing to him, you..."

"I'm okay," Ray wheezed and was dropped onto the floor. "The others are still chasing the class six. We were just about to catch it when someone caught me instead."

"Captain!" a woman's voice sounded over Janeway's com-badge. "I'm on my way with two of the intruders."

"That's them," Ray said and got up on his feet, watched by Tuvok.

In a matter of minutes, a woman with knobbly forehead and bushy eyebrows entered the Bridge. She held Winston Zeddmore in a tight squeeze, even as Winston objected and said he had no problem walking without her assistance.

"Hi Winston," Peter said. "I'm talking to some alien guy on a spaceship who's attacking us."

Doctor Egon Spengler was taken into the room straight after Winston. The scientist scrutinized the interiors of the Bridge and seemed concerned. B'Elanna, still holding Winston, stared at Egon and seemed very upset.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he started. "My name is Doctor Egon Spengler. I think there's been some kind of misunderstanding."

"That's my opinion, too," Harry Kim told Egon, standing close to him. "We know each other, don't we?"

"Ensign Kim! Do you know something that can help explain why we're being attacked?" Chakotay asked.

"There was a chain reaction when the proton streams hit us," Egon said in Harry's direction. "We were all covered in ectoplasm, and the class six specter had an unusual spectral difference I never saw before. The ghost became a conductor when the protons hit it, transferring the energy to the ectoplasm and consequently to us. My three colleagues were joined with us through the stream, so whatever happened, they too were involved in the occurrence."

"He sounds perfectly normal," commented Peter. "Don't worry, he always talks like that. Maybe you'd like to date him, Seven?"

"Egon, spit it out," Winston said. "What's happened?"

"We've been transported, somehow," Ray explained. "I just don't know where, and I'm not sure how."

"We were using the holodeck," Harry said. "I think I know now why it was in color. We didn't pick a Captain Proton episode, but something completely different."

"A Ghostbusters episode?" Peter wondered. "Is that supposed to be a joke?"

"That's why I didn't recognize the title!" Tom exclaimed. "It was called 'Proton clout', but had nothing to do with Captain Proton."

"We might be in an alternative universe, in another time," Ray said. "Everything is possible. We don't know if we made the jump, or if this world jumped into ours. Maybe one of our worlds is fictional and merged with the real world. Maybe... maybe both are fictional. This could all happen in someone's imagination."

"Yeah, right, as if anyone would come up with something as crazy as this," Winston pointed out.

"It's sort of cool, in a mental kind of way," Peter said. "What if none of us exist, but all this happens in someone's brain? Like, a young woman living in Sweden, where we're all just on TV and... naaah, what am I talking about?"

"This one needs to see the Doctor, Captain," Seven said coolly.

"The Doctor is offline," Captain Janeway replied. "We have very little power. The shields are almost down and we're rerouting all our spare energy to them."

"If you four have nothing to do with that ship," Tom wondered, "then who are they? Why are they firing at us?"

"I bet Egon knows," said Peter. "I always ask him when I need answers."

"One thing is certain," Captain Janeway concluded. "The ship isn't answering our hails. We have to show them that starship Voyager will not take one more hit."

"May I make a suggestion?" Egon asked with an odd smile. "You have some kind of transporter devices, am I correct?"

"Yes," Chakotay said. "How come?"

"I have a little gift in here," Egon said and held the ghost trap on a straight arm, the trap dangling in the cable. "How about sending it to them?"

"Yes!" Ray exclaimed. "That's brilliant, Egon!"

"You mean we're gonna send the spook to the other ship?" Winston asked. "Okay, that's not crazier than what I've heard so far. I'm in."

"We need to fire in order to destabilize the shields of the other ship," Harry said. "Then we have the chance to beam it over. Captain?"

"Yes, I agree," said Captain Janeway.

"But, with all respect, Captain," Neelix broke in, "are you sure we should trust these men? I saw this one trying to steal cookies from the kitchen."

"I was hungry, okay?" Ray said, turning to Neelix. "I didn't exactly steal them, I just wanted to see what they tasted like. Can I have the recipe? Please?"

"You liked them?" Neelix beamed, not seeming angry at all anymore. "They're my specialty!"

"I'm glad someone fancies them," the vulcan Tuvok remarked in a very dry tone.

"I wouldn't trust intruders," B'Elanna pointed out, fuming.

"If their story is true, or at least half of it, then I don't see what other options we have," said Chakotay. "We don't have much power and we have just one chance to fire a torpedo without losing our shield completely."

"Then we start immediately," Captain Janeway said. "Seven, take Doctor Spengler and the trap to a transporter. I trust that you know what to do."

"Yes, Captain," Seven said and walked out the door, followed by Egon.

"Ensign Kim, be prepared to lower the shield and fire a torpedo," Captain Janeway ordered him. "Lieutenant Paris, make sure the ship doesn't hit us again. If it fires, try get out of the way."

"Yes, Captain," he replied.

"Seven!" Captain Janeway said into her com-badge after having tapped it with her fingertips. "Are you almost there?"

"We are approaching the transporter room," Seven replied. "Doctor Spengler says we must release the specter into the transporter-beam and not send it while it's still inside the trap. We would have preferred to have at least one protonpack in case the specter doesn't comply."

"Too late to think about that now," Janeway replied. "Keep me updated."

"The ship is firing!" Harry Kim called out. "I'm detecting it on the radar!"

"We're up for a bumpy ride," Tom Paris said.

The people on the Bridge could barely stay in their seats when the beams whooshed by outside the hull. The attack left Voyager unharmed.

"We have reached the transporter room!" Seven said over the Captain's com-badge.

"Ensign Kim, lower the shields and let the transportation through," Captain Janeway commanded.

"Releasing the specter!" Seven said. "It's in the transporter beam. Can you get a lock on? Doctor Spengler says a ghost isn't carbon-based. Can ectoplasm be transported?"

"We'll have to see about that," Janeway answered.

"It seems as if it has been transported," said Seven. "The specter is no longer in the room."

"Good!" Chakotay said. "Let's see what happens now."

The ship in front of them shuddered slightly. After a few seconds, the lights in the windows went out and the ship began to spin slowly. The crewmembers of the Bridge smiled, the tension having vanished completely, and a few laughed.

"Mission completed!" Captain Janeway said when the alien spaceship wobbled away through space, leaving a peculiar black trail behind.

"This calls for a celebration," Neelix said and went out the door. "I think I've got just the right thing for..."

"Whatever you do, don't taste it," Tuvok told Winston.

"Thanks, man," Winston replied.

"What's that all about?" Ray wondered. "He's a great cook!"

"So you gave them the ghost, eh?" Peter asked. "I wish we could do that with every ghost we catch. Just beam them away. I'll have to ask Egon if... Egon?"

Peter stared at his colleague, whom had just entered the Bridge again together with Seven. The two were talking as if they'd known each other for ages.

"Egon!" Peter called out. "Hey, I asked her for a date! Go get in line, will you!"

"I beg your pardon, Doctor Venkman," Seven said, seeming extra smug because she was taller than Peter. "I'm preoccupied with Egon."

"Oh no," Peter sighed. "She sounds just like Janine."

"I'm trying to get the power back to all systems," Harry said. "Just one moment... there!"

The lights came back on and Harry proudly declared that the shields and the rest of the ship was a hundred percent operational again.

"Captain!" someone said, having showed up from no-where. "Why was I never informed when we were under attack? Are there any wounded?"

"Dear Doctor," said Captain Janeway to the bald man wearing a black and green star fleet uniform, "everything is all right. You can go back to the sickbay. You were offline, just like most of the ship."

"Oh well," snorted the hologram. "So, if I'm not needed..."

"Could you cure my heartache?" Peter asked and pointed at his chest. "I think my heart just broke."

The people on the Bridge looked in the direction Peter was looking, starting to laugh. Seven and Egon didn't realize they were being looked at until moments later.

"Excuse me?" Seven grumbled. "What?"

"Nothing," said Winston. "Nothing at all."

"Come," said Seven to Egon. "Let's go talk somewhere in private."

"Oh, don't forget to bring that guy," Tom said and pointed at Tuvok.

The Bridge echoed with laughter as Seven and Egon left. They all felt very relieved to have escaped the attack in such an unusual way.

"Say, Ray, how do we get back to the Big Apple?" Winston asked.

"I'll talk to Egon about that once he's gotten back," Ray replied.

"Well, you could always ask that Almighty Executive," Winston threw in. "You know, Peter, that Swedish young woman you talked about - she, who's coming up with all this insanity?"

"I'll open a com-channel," Ensign Harry Kim said.

"Do so," Winston agreed. "Who knows, she could really be out there..."


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.