Paradise by the Laboratory Light

by Tammey

RATING: PG for kissing and suggestive themes
DISCLAIMER: They're not mine, but I wrote it anyway.
ARCHIVE: Sure, why not?

The lone blanket on the empty beach was occupied; two people, one man, and one woman, staring off across the water. The remnants of a picnic lunch sat nearby, empty plates and half-filled glasses of wine, which a lone seagull was just beginning to investigate.

The ocean was fairly calm, with no boats or swimmers in sight.

The only sounds were the waves sloughing over the sand, the seabirds, and the sound of kissing coming from the blanket.

The woman sighed in rapture as the kiss ended. "Isn't this sunset beautiful, Egon?" she sighed, propping herself on her elbows for a better look.

The tall man stretched out beside her raised his head, and looked out across the water. "Yes, in a primordial sort of way."

Janine frowned. "Primordial? Why can't you just agree that it's beautiful, and leave it at that?" She glanced around nervously, "you don't expect to see a dinosaur pop up out of the water, do you?"

"One never knows, in a place like this." Egon turned towards her, and lightly kissed her cheek. "All right, to please you, it's beautiful." He kissed her cheek again, then nuzzled her hair.

"This is such a wonderful spot. I'm glad you thought of it, Egon." The blond sighed; it was the first time they had a chance to be romantic in quite a while, and Janine was doing her darndest to be distracting.

Egon lay back down upon the blanket and pulled Janine against him. "We should do this more often," he mused out loud.

Janine simply smiled. "Have Dr. V give me some more time off, then we can do this as often as we want."

"In the meantime, Ms Melnitz...," Egon trailed off as their lips met.

The kiss was deep and passionate; a lover's kiss. Their bodies molded together perfectly, while hands gently stroked at backs, sides and hips.

"Ahem!"

The sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted their explorations.

Startled, they looked up to see Peter, standing in the dimensional doorway. The upstairs lab was at his back on the other side. "What did I tell you about playing around with the dimensional portal, Egon," he chided, "and your lunch hour is over, Melnitz, back to work."

"Already?" Janine grumbled, as the pair pushed themselves to their feet, then gathered up everything they had brought with them, "I thought you picked a dimension where time passed more slowly, Egon."

The physicist shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "I've only been here once. I haven't had the opportunity yet to take extensive readings of this particular dimension," he followed Janine through the dimensional portal, back into his lab, "it warrants another visit."

"Not without proper back-up, you won't," Peter's expression clearly indicated that this rule was going to be strictly enforced in the future, "it would have served you right if you got eaten by a sandworm or something." As he ushered Janine out of the lab, Peter afforded Egon a slight grin. "I have to admit, though, it looks like a great nookie spot; probably why you picked it, right?"

Twin spots of pink colored Spengler's cheeks. "I can assure you, Dr. Venkman, that we didn't--"

"Yet," the psychologist interrupted. With a sly wink, Peter left the lab.

Egon reached up to power down the dimensional portal, pausing a moment to take a last look at the pristine beach on the other side as the sun slipped below the water. A smile crossed his face as he said to himself, "Maybe next time." He flipped the switch, chuckling softly as he left the lab, "yes, definitely next time..."

The End


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.