The End of an Era

by Heather Hinson

Yes... I am putting up a story. (Get over the initial shock now.) Yes it's shippy, yes it can be archived, no they don't belong to me. I wrote this 14 days before the year 2000. So...it's a little late.

So, without further ado, here it is. Tell me what you think. Happy New Year!

Ami


Fourteen more days until the end of a millennium. Fourteen more days until a new one began.

Actually it was a year and fourteen days, but the legistics didn’t matter right now. What mattered was there was a whole new era approaching, provided the end of the world didn’t come, and with that new era, came new changes and better dreams.

One of the residents of New York firmly believed in the changes and dreams. It was fear that was stopping him.

He’d been standing in front of a jewelry store for a better part of an hour, his eyes focused on one ring, his mind racing. Finally, he took a deep breath and walked in.

It took another hour for him to finally walk out, his hand clutching a green velveteen ring box.

The new millennium was about change and he’d be damned if he went through it without contributing.

The End


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.