Janine Doesn't Love Me Any More

by Icewoman

Archive: Oh if you want to!
Disclaimer: RGB isn't mine, would be nice though. This little blurb is in response to Singe's fic, The Perfect Decor. Let's all watch as Icewoman _tries_ to write a serious Egon piece.


Janine doesn't love me any more.

The thought hit me like a rocket when I walked past her desk. The top, which was usually littered with pictures of me in several poses, was bare. The usually warm cheery atmosphere of Janine's desk, was now a vast, empty plane of nothingness. Gone were the little heart shaped frames, little knick knacks declaring love for me.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

When I spoke to her this morning, I didn't see the little twinkle in her eye that's usually reserved just for me and only me. Her once cheerful, "Morning, Egon." was reduced to a plain, "Hi." Her usual devoted stare was now a quick 2 second glance as she walked past.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

During a bust where Janine was called in for backup and things got rough, it wasn't my arm she grabbed. It wasn't me she hid behind. She acted as if I wasn't even there.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

I watch her each night after work, going on dates with men who show more interest than I've ever did. I watch the petite frame lightly step across the floor, her giggles sounding like bells, her smile brightening like a lightbulb and I realize that I will never have that again.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

I blame myself. In my stubbonness, my bashfulness, I allowed the love a woman had for me to deteroiate into not hate, but a plain indifference. Only if I took the chance and said those three words that she looked for, maybe, just maybe, she'd be Mrs. Spengler now.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

And it hurts. Terribly.

Janine doesn't love me any more.

If only she knew that I do...


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.