Never Give Up

by Sheila Paulson

I have got to be CRAZY. Out here alone in a small boat in the dark with a monster big enough to swallow me and the boat in one gulp lurking out here thinking nothing good about me at all. Probably hates me because when he swallowed me I went down kicking and fighting all the way and he spit me out.

I can't believe it. He spit me out--ME--and not the guys! They're still in there. Can't think about being too late. Do NOT consider the word 'digestion', Venkman. Don't even THINK about it. Think Pinocchio. Think Gepetto hanging out in the whale like I told Janine. She didn't believe it, either, but she wouldn't stop me. She'd be out here with me if I'd let her, even if she thinks I'm crazy to try. Gonna have to call her and reassure her as soon as I get the guys back. Because I WILL get them back.

You hear me, guys? You hang in there. You head down the throat and I'm gonna have to come down after you, blasting all the way, and drag you out by the hair. Yeah, that's it. Grab Egon by that blond tail and yank him out and Ray, and Winston. And then get Nexa for daring to mess with my buddies.

Hang in there, guys. You better be okay. I mean that. Egon? Winston? Ray? You hang in there, cause there's nothing that can stop me. Dr. Venkman can't be the only Ghostbuster left.

Don't think about that, either. Don't ever think it, 'cause it's NOT gonna be that way. I'll get 'em back, even if I have to take on five Nexas. That big blubber-brain isn't gonna end everything that matters. I'll turn him into fish sticks or know the reason why.

"Oh, Nexa! Dr. Venkman's here. You're going down so hard you'll crash right through the river bottom and stick there."

It's so dark out here. Just me and the river and the lights in the distance. Alice Johnson on the dock? Like that matters. Like anything matters beyond getting the guys back and taking Nexa down.

Don't give up, guys, 'cause I'm not quitting. I'll get you out of there, and that's a promise from Dr. Venkman.

"Nexa... Where are you, Nexa?"


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.