OUT OF TIME (Egon's POV: Ragnarok and Roll)

by Chris Renner

We are out of time. Our world is about to end, and there is no way out.

That young man Whittington has called on the forces of Ragnarok to destroy the world, and even full force particle beams couldn't stop him. The only thing that will stop him is the simultaneous overload of all four of our proton packs. I truly wish there had been another way.

I hear my friends say their semi-casual good-byes, their lighthearted and flippant last words unable to disguise the dread and fear I see in their eyes. There was not enough time, but there are no regrets.

No, I lie. I do have one regret.

I never told her how I felt. Never let her know how much she truly meant to me.

How much I appreciated those enthusiastic hugs that I outwardly stood cold against, that beautiful smile meant just for me, even that grating Brooklyn accent with its own distinct charm. That incredible combination of love, wit, enthusiasm, intelligence and bright red hair.

Would that there were time to tell her. But there is only time to say her name one last time.

"Janine..."

END 


Back to:

Contact the archivists at : tobinsarchive@squidge.org for any problems.