Power Surge
by Irene Heron


Notes: Here's my entry into the ABC challenge. This is fun! Hope you enjoy this somewhat different story.
Pairing: Le/ofc (Winter)
Rating: NC-17
Posted: 5/18/99


Angry at yet another interruption, Leia Organa thumped a small fist against her malfunctioning computer unit and uttered a rare curse at the random power surges rendering delicate equipment inoperative. Behind her she sensed her companion's amusement and turned to look at Winter. Childhood friend, valued colleague, and more, so much more.

"Determined to spend all night in a state of frustration?" asked Winter, trying to capture her long silvery hair into the loose braid she wore at night.

"Evidently so," Leia replied, giving an exasperated sigh and a final thump to the now totally inert device.

"From the looks of things you'd be wise to get some rest instead, and be fresh for your morning briefing. Given the four hour power disruption earlier today, that makes more sense to me."

Heaving a sigh at the thought of tomorrow's additional workload, but recognizing the truth in Winter's words, Leia sat at the desk for a moment longer, considering her options.

"I think we can find something better to do for the next little while, don't you agree?" murmured Winter, wrapping comforting arms around Leia's shoulders.

"Just for a little while," cautioned Leia, but already smiling in anticipation as she pulled her lover's face close with gentle hands. Kissing Winter was a pleasure beyond words, those soft lips firming against her own delicate touch, encouraging possession of that sweet mouth.

"Let's go to bed," sighed Winter after Leia had finally drunk her fill of her lover's breath and released her mouth.

Moving gracefully, Leia slid from her chair and dropped to her knees beside Winter, pulling the other woman with her. "Not just yet, love," she whispered, pausing to tenderly drop dainty kisses on eyelids and nose before pressing their lips together again.

Orchestrated by a symphony of desire, their hands began moving with the sureness of long familiarity. Pleasurable expectation quickened pulse and breath, and what little clothing they each wore was tenderly removed to expose delicate, impatient flesh. Quivering in every atom of her being, Leia pressed close against Winter, feeling the rub of nipple against nipple and abandoned herself to the lush sensations gathering in her groin. Rendered suddenly breathless by Winter's mouth abandoning hers to slide down the curve of neck and breast, she arched into the lips caressing and teasing her nipple into hardness. Saliva, cool against her heated skin, marked a damp path across her belly, even as Winter's hands encouraged her to lie down. Tumbling in a vortex of indescribable ecstasy, she opened her legs for her lover and moaned softly when expert fingers traced a line of fire against her most sensitive anatomy. Unparalleled joy held Leia in its relentless grip as she writhed under the tender ministrations of fingers and tongue, racing towards completion. Volcanic climax quickly followed, submerging her in the molten flow of released tension.

"Winter!" she cried at the moment of rapture, sharing her bliss with the one she cherished above all others. Xanthous lights exploded behind her eyelids: brilliant, victorious shards of a golden lightning-strike.

Yielding to the warmth of spent passion, Leia let herself be pulled into Winter's loose embrace for a moment, quietly regaining strength and planning joyful, mischievous retribution.

Zestfully, she nibbled on Winter's earlobe and traced the convolutions of that ear with her tongue, entirely grateful for that cursed power surge.


Not the End. Only the beginning...

Back to SWA-L Archive