H Is For... AT-AT?
by Claire


NOTES: Here's number 8! Enjoy!


"There’s no need to take it out on him, you know."

Uttering a small cry of shock, Leia looked up to see Han standing in the doorway. Vaguely aware of how long she’d been standing there, Leia stared at him.

"Why did you hit him?" Han asked.

X2 droids bustled into the room and started cleaning it before she could answer.

"You, out!" Han ordered, pointed at the droids.

"Zzst!" one of the droids answered.

A grimace crossed Han's face. Before he said anything else he grabbed the droids and pushed them out of the room. Closing the door behind them, he locked it and then turned back to Leia. "Don’t," he warned, holding his hand up when she started to walk towards the door. "Either you talk to me now or I’ll follow you around this damn base."

"Fine, talk!" snapped Leia, spinning to face the Corellian.

Gazing at her, Han sighed. He reached out and gently touched her arm, pulling back when she flinched slightly. "I just want to know why you hit him."

"Jealousy," Leia finally whispered. Keeping her eyes fixed firmly on the floor Leia started to hug herself. "Luke has you and I don’t," she said, her voice barely audible.

Managing to keep both the anger and sympathy he felt towards her off his face, Han studied Leia. "Neither of us did this to hurt you," he pointed out.

"Oh, I know," Leia replied, "but that still doesn’t *stop* it from hurting, does it."

"Princess, I’m sorry you feel this way, but it’s not Luke's fault and you have no right to take it out on him."

Quietly, Leia nodded.

Realising there was nothing more he could say, Han unlocked the door and walked out of the storeroom.

Suppressing the tears she felt, Leia watched as Han walked away, leaving her alone.


Back to SWA-L Archive