G Is For... Tatooine?
by Claire


Finally spotting the person he had been looking for over the past hour Luke sighed. Gathering all his courage, he started to head across the base. He’d already told Han what he wanted to do before they left, but the Corellian had been unsure. Insisting it was something he needed to do, Luke had left the Falcon, telling Han he’d be back soon. Jogging through the base, Luke had looked in nearly every room there until he finally found who he was looking for speaking to one of the pilots. Keeping his lovers doubts firmly in the back of his mind, Luke walked over. "Leia?"

Masking any emotion, Leia turned to face him.

Now he was actually faced with Leia, all Luke's words escaped him. "Oh, ah, can I have a word with you, please?"

Princess Leia nodded. "Quickly though, I need to go over some reports of Imperial activity."

Reaching out, Luke gently took Leia’s arm and led her over to a more private corner of the base.

She looked at him in curiosity. "Talk."

"Uh, I didn’t want to leave without seeing you and explaining," said Luke.

"Very generous," Leia snapped. "What’s to explain, though - he fell in love with you, not me, end of story."

X2 droids rattled over to them and started cleaning the area before Luke had a chance to answer. "Yes," said Luke, leading her into a storeroom, "but it’s not like we decided to do this just to annoy you. Zany as it may sound, we simply fell in love. All the tantrums in the universe aren’t going to change that."

Before she even realised what she was doing, Leia’s hand had already connected with Luke's cheek.

Cerulean eyes looked into hers with shock. "Don’t," he demanded, as Leia opened her mouth to say something. Exiting the storeroom before she had a chance to stop him, Luke headed back to the Falcon - and Han.


Back to SWA-L Archive