F is for... Wookie?
by Claire


NOTES: Hi guys! Well, there's no stopping me. *g* Here's *another* one of the ABC series.


Fidgeting slightly, Luke looked up at the large ship. Getting the Falcon ready for launch had been a near full-time job. Han and Chewbacca had both been working around the clock getting all of her systems up and running correctly, and now the Falcon was ready for flight. In less than five hours they would have left the Rebellion behind and started a new life. Jabba the Hutt had been paid off and the contract out on Han had been cancelled, so nothing could stand in their way.

"Kid?"

Luke turned in the direction of the voice and watched as Han walked down the Falcon’s ramp and came to stand beside him.

"Mind working overtime, eh?" Han asked.

"No, just thinking about some things," replied Luke.

"Oh, what things?" Han asked, unable to keep the curiousity out of his voice.

"Pretty much everything that’s happened since I left Tatooine."

"Quite a lot’s happened since then," pointed out the Corellian.

"Really?" commented Luke, his eyes shining with humour.

Silence hung between them for a few seconds.

"Tell me," said Han suddenly, "you’re not regretting your decision to come with us, are you?"

Uneasily, Luke glanced at Han, expecting to see indications that the older man didn’t want him anymore, but all he saw was a nervous vulnerability. Vulnerability Luke knew he could soothe. "Where are we going after we leave here?" Luke asked taking Han's hand in his own.

"Xerx, Braldaya, any of a hundred planets in the nearby systems," shrugged Han, tightening his hold on Luke. "You choose."

"Zion," said Luke eventually, naming a planet he’d always wanted to visit. "All of my friends went there one year, but Uncle Owen forbade me from going with them. Beru said it was because he needed my help on the farm, but I think he just didn’t want to let me. Can we go there?" Luke looked at Han.

"Do you want to go anywhere else?"

"Everywhere, I want to go everywhere, Han, and I want to go there with you."


Back to SWA-L Archive