D Is For... Lightsaber?
by Claire


NOTES: Hi guys, here's number 4 in the ABC series. I still don't know how far I'm going to go with these, but it's at least another three. *g*


"Are you sure you’re making the right choice?" General Dodonna asked. "Because it’s not too late to change your mind, you can still stay."

Catching sight of Han standing next to the door, Luke nodded. Dodonna hadn’t been the first to ask the question, and Luke doubted he would be the last. Everyone on the base seemed to assume that Luke was leaving with Han because the Corellian had somehow managed to take advantage of him. Five others had already approached him and warned him that people like Han just couldn’t be trusted. "General, I *want* to go with him. Han loves me. I know no one else believes it, but I do."

"Just... be careful, Luke," warned Dodonna.

Keeping the sigh he felt rising in him buried, Luke just nodded before turning away. Meeting Han's eyes across the room, Luke made his way over to his lover.

"No, don’t tell me," said Han, raising a hand when Luke started to say something. "Old Dodonna over there thinks you’re making a mistake by hitching up with a guy like me."

Pressing his hand into Han's, Luke grinned. "Quite the eavesdropper, aren’t you," he teased.

Raising Luke's hand to his lips and kissing it, Han laughed and shook his head. "Something just tells me that’s what everyone’s been saying. True?"

Uttering Han's name into his lover’s ear, Luke smiled softly. "Vague implications that Corellian smugglers are untrustworthy aren’t going to get me to change my mind. Why, are *you* having second thoughts?"

"X my heart, I want you with me," promised Han.

"You’d better, because you’re not getting rid of me that easily," swore Luke. "Zillions of Imperial stormtroopers wouldn’t keep me from coming with you," he said, as Han answered with a blinding grin.


Back to SWA-L Archive