Après Moi, Le Déluge
by Halrloprillalar


Author's Webpage: http://come.to/prillalar Category: PWP
Disclaimer: SW belongs to George Lucas, not me. I do not profit in any way by this story.
Pairing: Luke/Wedge
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Standard "trapped by the elements" PWP
Timeframe: Soon after ANH.


It is a dark time for the Rebellion.
Having fled Yavin 4 following the
destruction of the Imperial Death Star,
the Rebel fleet now roams the galaxy in
search of a new base.

Rebel pilots have been sent out to
survey and evaluate planets, in hopes
that a suitable location may be found.
On the fifth planet in as many days,
Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles
complete their information gathering
before returning to the fleet....


"What do you want to do now?"

"Eat something."

Wedge rolled his eyes. "Something realistic."

"You didn't say that." Luke picked a bright red berry off a low-growing plant and sniffed at it hopefully before tossing it away.

"How about a game of starsquare? We can use rocks and berries for pieces."

"It was following your suggestion that got me here in the first place." Luke stared across at their ship, perched tantalisingly on the next hilltop. Maybe the Force...yeah, right. Maybe he could use the Force to drop berries down Wedge's flightsuit, but that was about it.

"You didn't have to hike if you didn't want to."

"I just wanted to stretch my legs. I trusted your judgment."

"How was I supposed to know the valley would flood?" Wedge pitched a stone out into the dark water lapping against the hillside. "Do I look like some sort of planetologist? Meteorologist? Floodologist?"

"But it didn't even rain!" Luke threw a rock, outdistancing Wedge's just a little.

Wedge shrugged. "Spring thaw in the mountains, maybe." Tossing another stone, he skipped it four times before it sank. "It's going down. We'll be out of here tomorrow, or maybe the next day."

"How did you do that?" This was more water in one place than Luke had ever seen before. He watched carefully as Wedge demonstrated.

"It's all in the wrist." Five skips this time. "Try it."

They took turns skipping stones until they'd exhausted the store of flat ones.

"Not bad, Skywalker." Wedge sat on the grass. "Next time you'll have a chance of winning."

Luke flopped down next to him. "A chance? I was only five behind you." Lying back, he locked his hands behind his head. The sky stretched out above him, deep blue, shading to purple and gold around the edges as the sun dipped into the horizon. So different from the washed-out blue of Tatooine. Clouds sailed past, impossible puffs of gleaming whiteness. Aside from hunger, things really weren't so bad, Luke decided. They needed a break, anyhow.

Wedge stretched out beside him and they were silent for a while. "Look," Wedge pointed. "That one looks just like a blaster rifle."

"Where?" Luke squinted.

"There...well, now it looks more like a big snake."

Pictures in the clouds. "I see a pot of stew."

"Quit thinking about your stomach." Wedge jabbed Luke in the side. "There's a giant rat."

"We could eat a rat." Luke jabbed back. "It just turned into Admiral Akbar."

"You're right." Laughing, Wedge shoved Luke again. "There's a boot."

Luke shoved right back. "I see a dewback."

"What's a dewback?"

"A big lizard from home. You ride them."

"Mmm...looks like a speeder to me."

"There's a tree."

"A fish."

"An astro-droid."

"Over there -- an Imperial cruiser."

"What?" Luke jerked up onto his side, heart pounding. "Where?"

Wedge stared, then turned to face him. "Relax, Luke. Just the clouds." He pushed Luke, but didn't manage to topple him.

"Idiot." Luke flicked a leaf from Wedge's chest and hit him in the chin. "You're filthy, soldier." He paused. "I never looked for pictures in the clouds before. It's neat."

"Never?"

"I grew up on a desert planet -- no clouds to speak of and we sure couldn't spend too much time lying on the sand looking up at the sky."

"No cloud watching, no skipping stones -- no swimming, I assume." Wedge tossed the leaf at Luke and it landed in his hair. "So, soldier, what did you kids do for fun?"

Wedge was leaning on his side, cheek pillowed on his hand. Too-long dark hair hung in front of his eyes and his face was reddening from the sun. Luke looked at him and looked at the water and looked at the sky. Sure, why not? He smiled. "We fooled around a lot." And in one swift move, he rolled on top of Wedge and pinned him to the ground.

Luke felt Wedge's chuckle against his chest. "Best two out of three, Skywalker?" Wedge lifted his head and kissed him. Mmm, nice. Luke relaxed into the embrace. Wedge shifted beneath him, took his shoulder, stroked his hair, and flipped him onto his back, trapping his arms above his head. "You're going to have to try harder, Hotshot."

It was Luke's turn to laugh. Taking a deep breath, he wrenched his hands free and they were rolling on the ground, tussling together. They grabbed at each other, tumbling in a tangle of limbs, flightsuits, and a stray twig or so. Luke couldn't stop laughing and it took his breath away. Then Wedge was back on top, heavy and alive against Luke. They breathed together for a moment. "Guess you win, Wedge." Wedge's eyes were shining and he had grass in his hair.

"Guess we both win." He rocked over so they were side by side now, and kissing in earnest, hungry open kisses. Wedge's hand held Luke's jaw and Luke slid his hand around to his friend's back, down his spine. He pressed his hand to Wedge's buttock, bringing their hips into sharp contact. When their cocks ground together, Luke realised just how hard he really was. They both sucked air and broke off the kiss to fumble with each other's flightsuits.

Luke had Wedge's open first. He reached in and pulled up the light shirt Wedge wore underneath, running his hands over the warm skin wherever he could reach. His fingers dragged over ribcage, followed corded muscle, swelled over belly. His hand closed over Wedge's cock, stiff and leaking through the thin briefs, and he ran his thumb over the head. He felt hands on him too, on his chest and back, hooking in his waistband.

"This is bloody awkward," Wedge muttered.

"It's all in the wrist," Luke said, taking a quick, biting kiss. Some clumsy tugs, a few careful pulls, and a couple of curses later, they found a position of bodies and clothing that was workable, if not sublime. The slipslide of Wedge's hand on him was pulling all the blood in Luke's body down into his cock. He concentrated on giving as good as he got, enjoying the heft of Wedge's erection in his palm, trying for the perfect pressure and friction. They fell into a stroke, a stoke, pistons, engines, thrusters firing, sir.

Luke's mouth was on Wedge's cheek, open but still, just a point of contact. A root was under his thigh, a small bump of pain. And twisting, turning tension unravelled all over his body, pulling tight, taut, into a thinning wire that stretched out until it snapped. Luke came, shaking, shuddering, and shouting too, since there was no one there to hear them.

Air rushed into his lungs to fill the void. His fingers were resting tight around Wedge's cock. Must stay alert, he told his hazy brain, must finish. Opening his eyes, he smiled into Wedge's closed ones and began the stroke again, the slick rhythm. It wasn't long before he found the sweet spot and Wedge spasmed against him, thrusting his hips and burying his face in Luke's neck.

They stayed close for a moment, sunk in satisfied stillness, then rolled apart, rearranging themselves into some semblance of order. Luke wiped his sticky fingers on the grass. Mmm, fantastic, he thought. The sun was gone now and a bowl of stars spilled out above them.

Wedge's voice drifted over to him. "So where's the hot bath and change of clothes now?"

"Sissy." Looking up , Luke tried to make the unfamiliar sky form into constellations. Pictures in the stars. "So what did you do for fun when you were young?" A cool wind chilled his face.

"I played a lot of sports."

"I bet you did." Something was bothering Luke, but what? Something important. Oh, right. "I'm hungry."

"Sissy." Wedge reached out and smacked Luke's shoulder, then left his hand there. "What do you want to do now?"

"Eat."

"You should have sucked me off when you had the chance."

"Idiot." But Luke laughed into the dark and reached out for his friend. "We might as well sleep." He spooned up behind Wedge, blinking hair away from his eyes. It would be cold before long. "Night, Wedge."

"Night." Wedge moved a little and they found a comfortable fit. Quietly, they began the slow slide into sleep. Luke felt Wedge drowsily warm against him. Their breath, the chirping of insects, the wind in the trees were all an undercurrent to the silence of the night. Dreams dropped down like leaves from the trees, covering them gently.

Luke's stomach rumbled. Wedge elbowed him. Luke elbowed back.

They were awake all night.


Back to SWA-L Archive