A Bridge Too Far
by Laura JV


Archive: SWA-L, master&apprentice
Disclaimer: George Lucas, et al, own Star Wars. I own this story.
Notes: Inspired by feedback asking me what kind of ink was involved in "A Bridge On the River Qui-Gon Jinn." Thanks, Kim!
Pairing: Q/O
Rating: PG
Series: #2 in the Bridge Series


Qui-Gon scrubbed vigorously at his back and twisted to look in the mirror behind him. Despite the ink running down into the tub, the bridge was still there, glistening wetly underneath his shoulder blades.

"OBI-WAN!"

The young Padawan stuck his head around the door and smirked at his master, who was naked, covered in soap, and dripping wet. "Master?"

"Obi-Wan, what did you use to draw this bridge on my back?"

"Nothing, Master."

"Don't give me that. Obviously you used something."

"Just my finger, Master."

"Just your finger. What kind of ink did you use?"

"No ink, Master."

"Then explain to me how this bridge is on my back!"

"Jedi Mind Tattoo, Master."

Qui-Gon stared at his apprentice, and felt as though he had fallen into an alternate dimension.

"Jedi what?"

"Jedi Mind Tattoo."

"Would you mind explaining to me just what a Jedi Mind Tattoo is, Obi-Wan?"

The younger man blushed. "It's...uh...I needed a guide for the drawing, so I projected an image onto your back. I think it's kind of stuck."

Qui-Gon stepped out of the tub and advanced on his apprentice. "Obi-Wan," he said, his voice very soft, "you had better develop a technique for Jedi Mind Tattoo Removal, and quickly."


Back to SWA-L Archive