B is for... Nerfherder?
by Claire


NOTES: I did another ABC fic. This is a sequel to 'A Is For... Jedi?'. It looks like there's going to be one after this as well, coz I figured out a way to use the X without using X-wing. *g* Oh, and I didn't start with A this time, but all the letters are still used and they're still in consecutive order, so you'll forgive me *g*


"You’re just gonna leave? Zap off into space without a thought to what you’re leaving behind?" Although Dodonna had already told her that Han was going, Leia still needed to hear it from him. "But I thought you’d decided to stay."

"Changed my mind," Han shrugged. "Didn’t agree to stay on for the long haul, especially not..."

"Especially not what?" Leia asked, her eyes narrowing as Han's words trailed off.

"Forget it, it’s not important."

Gazing into the Corellian’s eyes, Leia sighed. "Han, I thought that you...that we.... I think I’m in love with you," Leia finally whispered. Jitters ran through Leia as she registered the look on Han's face. Keeping her features in a tight mask, she said, "What is it?"

"Luke's coming with me," said Han. "Making that run on the Death Star made us realize how we felt about each other. No one was more surprised than I was when the kid told me he loved me. Only thing was, I kinda found the feeling was mutual," shrugged Han. "Princess, I don’t know where you got the idea about you and me, but I’m sorry, it’s not gonna happen."

Quiet, unrealised dreams of love faded back into the mists as Leia wrapped her arms around her body.

Running a hand through his hair, Han reached out to her.

Shrugging off his touch, Leia turned away. "The Falcon will have to wait for clearance before it goes, there are still Imperial patrols in the region," she said, refusing to let him see how much his rejection had hurt her. Unable to look back at the ex-smuggler, Leia walked away. Voices called after her as she strode through the Rebel base, but she ignored them all as she headed towards her quarters. Walking into her rooms, she locked the door and slid down the wall, barely hearing the loud announcement telling the patrol it was cleared for launch. X-wing green squadron roared into space, the engines still too quiet to cover the sound of her heart breaking.


Back to SWA-L Archive