Melting In Tucson

by Patt Paulos-Darrow


As Jim and Blair were driving to Tucson, Arizona, they wondered what the hell was wrong with both of them. It was 115 degrees and only the last week of May.

Jim looked over at Blair and said, "Do you believe this heat, Chief? I mean I swear that you could fry a damn egg on that pavement."

Blair just glared at him and said, "Jim, you are the one that wanted to drive this route, so stop your bitching and complaining to me. I can't imagine why a person that feels everything more than anyone else would want to even come near a place this hot."

They rode in silence for a while until the truck started making a lot of noise and they both knew that they were in big trouble.

Jim looked over at Blair and said, "What do you mean you didn't bring your cell phone? You know I left mine at home, I just figured you would know enough to bring yours.

Blair glanced over and glared at Jim, as he said, "Fuck you, Ellison, not my fault that it is so fucking hot here that we can hardly breathe. Tell your problems to someone who gives a shit. In fact, let me give you thirty-five cents and you can call someone who might. Better yet, call 1-800-Cry-baby. Oh, here is another number for you, Jim, 1-800-BigTurd. Oh, just in case they are all busy, try 1-800-Sob-Stry. There you go, Jim, try those out and see who gives a shit first."

Jim looked over at Blair as if he had grown a second head, (I would say third, but hell he only has one now), and yelled, "Fuck you back, Sandburg. I thought it would be nice to spend some driving time alone with you, so shoot me. I also thought we could use a nice change of pace, so break my legs why don't you? I didn't know about you, but I wanted to see the Grand Canyon, now I may as well just go jump from the ledge. Would this make you happy, Chief?"

"As a matter of fact, Mr. Drama Queen, that might not be a bad idea. You are such a Dick. I hate when you are like this. You had to be in charge. Well, fine, be in charge. Go get someone to tow the truck. Get someone to make it cooler outside and then don't forget to bring iced drinks back when you walk back" Blair yelled over his shoulder with a wild smirk on his face.

Jim was really pissed off now, "Blair, I didn't ask the weather to be breaking all time highs, ever. You know that even I don't have that much control, right? If I did, I would get us some rain and cool things down. I would do that for you. I would jump off the damn edge of the Grand Canyon, but not till after I at least saw it. I wanted to share that with my best friend, too. I didn't want to see it just any time. I wanted it now, with you. For some reason, I felt the need for it to be special for us. Go ahead, laugh your head off. I will be back in an hour or so."

Guiltily Blair starts following him and calls out, "Jim, I am sorry for yelling at you. I am just really hot, hungry and tired. Maybe we could stay somewhere with some air conditioning and some decent food. I hear tell they have some pretty good food in Arizona. What do you say? Sound good to you?"

Jim smiles at him and tells him, "It's okay, Chief, I know how hot it is. We are both melting. Holy shit, I never had a clue as to how hot the desert really was. And they seem to think it is normal. Go figure."

Once the tow truck driver picked the truck up and drove, it, Jim and Blair to Tucson, they found a car rental place and had to choose a car that they could agree on. Then the tow truck guy dropped the truck off at a good shop, well, as good as they were going to get from a perfect stranger.

Jim asked the car rental dealer, "Do you have something with quite a bit of Legroom, it is too damn hot to be cooped up in a small car. Something big would be really nice. A Dodge Durango would be perfect. Do you have any of those?"

Jim didn't miss the dirty looks coming his way from Blair as he said, "Jim, do you have any idea how much money you will be spending on gas and how much you will be wasting on a Dodge Durango? Get a grip, big guy. Rent something more economical. Makes sense to me. So what if you don't have enough leg room. Deal."

"Excuse me Chief, but who is paying for the fucking car? That would be me. So shut the fuck up," these words were out of his mouth before he could take them back, Jim could not even look at Blair after he said it.

He still had his head down as he whispered, "I am so sorry, Blair. I truly didn't mean to tell you to shut the fuck up. I don't know why I said that. Must be the heat, I think it went right to my brain. I wonder if they lose a lot of brain cells here in Arizona because of this heat."

Blair glared at him and said, "Just shut up yourself Jim. Lets just get the fucking car and get a room, I have to get out of this heat. I swear it feels like it is about 200 degrees now. What is up with that? Jim, does this do anything bad to your senses? Besides making you a bigger fucking prick, I mean? Because if you are having any problems, I can give you a list of those phone numbers to call again, no problem at all. I will look in the phone book and see if they have any special places to call for Sentinels. Oh look, Jim, I found some just for you. Who would have thought there would be numbers just for you. 1-800-Fuck-You and here is another favorite of mine, 1-800-UR-Prick, and last but not least, 1-800-Fuck-off. There you go. Call someone who wants to listen to you."

Jim was so pissed off, but didn't even have any decent comebacks for these, so just decided he had said enough.

They rented the damn Dodge Durango, got directions from the rental place for a good hotel and were on their way. Somehow it probably would have helped if one of them would have written them down.

Jim glanced over at Blair and said, "So how many blocks past Broadway did he say to go before we have to turn left? I mean it should be coming up soon, don't you suppose?"

Now Blair looked at Jim like he had grown that third head and answered, "Hell Jim, I didn't write them down, you are the take-charge guy for this trip. Not my problem. And don't you dare say I got you lost. I wasn't even listening because you are in CHARGE. Maybe I should write that down for you somewhere, do you think?"

By this time Jim was just fuming, he pulled over to a phone booth at a Circle K and called and got directions to the hotel. This time he wrote them down. He was taking no chances at all. He was trying to take some deep breaths to get his temper under control when all of a sudden Blair honked the horn. Not only scaring the crap out of Jim, but also deafening him. God, this was supposed to be a fun trip. What happened?

"Jim, I thought maybe you were zoning on the heat or something, did the horn sounding help in any way, shape or form?" Blair asked very innocently.

Jim, just smiled and said, "Chief, I am fine, don't worry about me. But when we get to this hotel, do me a favor, shut the fuck up and I mean it this time. I hate you sometimes. You act like you are two years old and I hate that about you. There are many things I like, but this isn't one of them."

And Blair smiled back and just as sweetly, said, "Hey no problem, Jim. I can start with the quiet now. I will shut the fuck up and not talk to you ever again. But wait, first I have to tell you something important. I mean this too. FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE."

The ride to the hotel was very quiet, indeed too quiet for even Jim. He kept looking over at Blair to see if he would give in. But Blair was not going to. He could tell. Damn it anyhow.

Checking into the hotel, he got just one room, because he knew that Blair would not be talking to anyone. He was really regretting this big time. The room was really nice, with two king sized beds in it. Nice cool rooms. The air conditioners were working at top speed and working well. This might not be so bad. Peace, quiet, cool and some food. Oh yeah, this might be a good night.

Once inside the room, Jim said, "Okay, Blair, we are in the cool room, I am sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you the second time either. I don't know what came over me again. I am really, really sorry. I promise to not yell at you again for the rest of the trip. And I will let you pick all the dining places for the next three days. How does that sound?"

There was nothing but pure silence from Blair's bed on his side of the room. In fact, Blair was lying on the bed with his back turned to Jim.

Jim walked over and sat on that bed and said, "Blair, I mean it, I am so sorry. Please roll over and talk to me. I hate when you don't talk to me. You know this too."

Still nothing was spoken from the silent man. Jim was getting desperate. He had wanted this trip to maybe talk to Blair about how he felt about him lately. Which was anything but brotherly. And he might need some help with all this. But only if his Guide wants to talk to him.

So Jim did the only thing he could, he laid on the bed next to Blair and just took some deep breaths. He was hoping that Blair would ask him what was wrong, but he didn't. Jim then decided to jump in the shower because he smelled like he had been baking for three days. This heat was unreal.

"Hey Chief, I am going to jump in the shower and change my clothes, I know you don't care, but wanted you to know where I was. " This was said with much sadness.

He grabbed all of his stuff from his suitcase and went into the bathroom. He was in the shower, cool one at that, and was just beginning to relax when he heard Blair.

As he came into the bathroom, he whispered, "Jim, I am really sorry I was being such an ass. I don't know what got into me either. Please don't be mad at me. I really wanted to go on this trip. It was a really good idea and I am sorry I ruined it for you."

Jim had heard the sound of tears in that voice and he pulled back the shower curtain and said, "Blair, I am not mad at you. Never was. Just hot, tired, hungry and just wanted to relax. We are just both keyed up. Things will be better later tonight, don't worry."

All of a sudden Jim realized he was standing there talking to Blair naked, and more to the point, Blair was not looking at Jim's face while he was talking. And he noticed the spike of his heartbeat. Somehow he thought this might be a little easier than he had planned.

He smiled and said, "Care to join me in the shower, Blair?"

Blair just stared for a moment before saying, "Give me a second to get my things off. Yes, I would like that very much."

They were both in the shower washing each other off, the heat seeming to be the last thing on their minds right now. Jim could not get over how hard he was just thinking about fucking Blair. And he could tell that Blair was plenty turned on too.

They got out of the shower and walked naked into the room and drew back the covers on Jim's bed and climbed in. Jim couldn't take it any longer, he had to have Blair's mouth on his. So that is exactly what he did. The whole time he was feeling every inch of Blair. And what a nice fine body this man had. He knew he had to calm down or he would cum before any of the fun stuff even started.

Blair seeing the problem, he quietly said, "Calm down Jim, we have all night long. I love how hard you feel, I love how you make me hard just by looking at me. I love how you taste, your mouth, your neck, your nipples, would you like it if I taste everything?"

Jim just stared at him and nodded the affirmative. He would not even try to speak.

So Blair took Jim into his mouth and Jim screamed, "Christ, Blair, I am going to cum already, stop."

But Blair didn't stop and the next thing he knew he had Jim shooting some wonderful tasting liquid down his throat. Yup, Blair now knew why men liked this. Well, and some women too.

Blair jumped up and ran into the bathroom for some lotion. Then he got a condom out of his suitcase. Jim was looking very nervous as he watched him. So Blair very gently told him "I am going to make you scream some more before the night is done."

The last thing Jim remembered saying right then was, "Hot Damn, what you do to me."

Blair had done this before so at least he knew what he was doing. He was very gentle with Jim. He would never hurt that big lug. He was in love with him. As he opened him further and further, Jim started moaning, "Blair take me now, please fuck me now."

Blair smiled as he entered Jim, saying, "I love you, Jim. You mean the world to me. Even when I am mad, I still love you."

As Blair pounded into Jim, all you could hear was, "Blair, fuck me harder, please do it harder, fuck me hard, fuck me, fuck me."

'It turns out that Jim isn't much of a talker in bed.'

As Blair got closer he reached around and started stroking Jim, and as he did this Jim screamed his name and came all over, Blair's hands and the bed. As this happened, that pulled Blair right over the edge with him.

All you could hear from Blair was, "I love you Jim, I love you so much."

Oh yeah, this was an unexpected surprise for both of them, but one they could both live with.

They went to dinner, had a wonderful time, then cuddled in bed and fooled around all night long. They stayed in the room all day long the next day fucking each other senseless. (Or I guess that would be just what Blair did to Jim.)

They had four wonderful days in Tucson, as they waited for the truck to be repaired. They decided to take a trip to the Grand Canyon using the Dodge Durango and get as much out of that vehicle as they could. Jim had never dreamed that it would be as breath taking as it was. Blair had been there, but it meant more this time, because he was with Jim.

On the road back to Tucson, Blair was tucked into Jim's side. He smiled and said, "Jim, I am so glad you wanted to come to see the Southwest with me. I am also glad that we broke down and had all those fights. Otherwise this might have waited another month or more. Do you want to hear something strange? I am used to the heat now. Not bad, it is a dry heat. You get immune to it. Don't you think?"

Jim smiled over at him and said, "Blair, anywhere I am with you, I am going to be hot, so may as well be somewhere we enjoy being. I loved seeing Arizona with you. I love you."

Blair could not believe how much they had gained with this trip. And he snuggled in closer to Jim and said, "I love you too big guy. Want to stay for another week and check out the Sonora Desert Museum? In fact there are a lot of things to see. We could hang out for two more days and see a few things, what do you say? We have to see Old Tucson."

Jim could not have refused him anything and said, "I will call Simon and tell him it will be a few more days to get the truck fixed and we will stay and see whatever you want to see."

Blair leaned over and put thirty-five cents in Jim's palm of his hand, and said, "Now call, 1-800-ILV-You.

Finally done.


Back to Patt's Stories Index