-- Love Letters Series 1 --
The Fight

by Patt Paulos-Darrow


Monday Morning:

Dear Jim,

I don't know where to begin. First of all, please forgive me for what I did to you. I was not thinking. I wanted to make you sorry for the things you said to me, in anger. But instead you have moved out of my life totally. You don't look at me, you don't talk to me, and I am lost without you. Nothing happened with that guy. I promise you that. I know that you smelled things on me, but that is all. Just a smell. No action on anyone's part. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I just wanted you to notice I was there. It seems to have backfired on me. For being a smart man, I seldom use smarts when it comes to you. I love you, Jim. More than life itself. Please talk to me, yell at me, just do something. I know you want me to leave, but I am not doing it. I won't leave you. And you are not leaving me. Simple as that. I will never do anything that immature again. You can count on that. Please think about this today and talk to me tonight. I am begging, I can't live without you.

Forever yours,

Blair


Monday Afternoon:

Blair,

You think that because I was mad at you and yelled, that you should be able to go out with a man and rub bodies with him? I don't think so. You have no idea what that did to me. I could smell not only that man on you, but I smelled you, on you. He did something for you and this I can't live with. Blair you told me that we were forever, that you would be only with me. What happened to that? And why didn't we talk first? Why feel the need to show me how you can attract attention by someone else. Believe me, I know this already. I watch people watching you all the time. They would love their chance with you. I was always proud of the way you didn't notice and seemed only for me. What a fool I have been. I don't want to talk to you Blair. I don't want to look at you because I will lose all control. And no, I won't hit you, I mean I will lose control of my feelings and probably do something stupid like cry. I hate crying, it is not me. But yet, here I am, on the verge of tears for the last day. I think it would be best if we separated for a while. I don't mean you have to leave the loft. But I can't share my bed with you. I am sorry.

Jim


Monday Night:

You stupid fucking asshole,

Where the hell do you get off ignoring me, avoiding me and then writing a note to me telling me we are through? God, you are such a dickhead sometimes. I hate that about you. God forbid that we actually have a sane discussion. Oh yeah, that would take two sane folks, and there being only one here, I guess you couldn't come. Fuck you, Ellison. I don't need you. I don't want you. So there. I thought I did, but I have thought it over and realized what a mistake I am making here. I will be moving out as soon as I find a place. I will continue being your partner because after all that is my job. I can't just go to Simon and say, can I have a new Partner? I will see you everyday, but only as a partner, not as a friend or lover. Piss on you, not even as a real partner. A real partner would never do what you are doing. You fucking asshole. I hate you. And don't ever call me chief or Blair again.

Sandburg


Tuesday Morning:

Sandburg,

Fuck you. I am not the one that went on the prowl looking for something better. You are. So shut the fuck up about this whole thing. I didn't ask you to move out either. Just to your old room. But you had to go and make it my fault, oh I am so surprised. You do this all the time. You make the mistake and blame it on me. Fuck you to hell. You don't need me, eh? Well, good because I don't want you anymore either.

Jim


Tuesday Afternoon:

Jim,

I can hear you crying, I haven't read your note to me yet. But I can hear those tears that you say you don't want to shed. My heart is breaking. I am soooooo sorry, Jim. I love you. I don't hate you. You know that. I just don't know what to do. And the smell you smelled on me that night was for you. That is why I came home. That person didn't do a thing for me. I think I might have went for it, but guess what? I couldn't. I adore you. You mean the world to me. So I take back the Fucking Asshole remark. Okay, I am the fucking asshole. I am so sad. I can't sleep, I can't eat and all I know is that I need you back. I understand if you don't agree. But I will have to move because it will break my heart to be around you like this. I am so sorry, babe. I can't make it up to you, but wish I could. Please don't cry Jim. It is breaking me in two. I know I deserve all of this, but what I want is you to yell and hold me. Think about it, okay?

Love,

Blair


Tuesday Night:

Babe,

I am upstairs waiting for you. I am going to give you your wish. I am going to yell, then I am going to scream, followed by me crying. I can't stand being apart from you. I know that you love me, Blair. I have always known. I was very angry. Just words, they can be taken back, can't they? I know it was partly my fault. And I do intend on working on that. I promise that to you right now. And the next time we have a fight, no more lies, no more trying to hurt the other one. But the letters seemed to have done a decent job. So, okay, I can live with the letters. I love you, Blair and hurry up and read this and get your sweet ass up in our bed. Things will be fine, don't worry. After all this letter writing, I am very horny. I want to fuck you so badly.

I am forever yours.

Jim


Back to Patt's Stories Index