Summary: Man, leave Conner and Ellison alone for one night and see what happens. :) Not exactly what you think.


Where Will I Belong 7?
Ramblin Rose


The doctor came out and talked to both Dan and Jim and told them how healthy their little girl was. She was lucky indeed.

Dan and Blair finally pulled Jim away from the nursery window. "Jim," Dan said, "if you go down and visit with Megan, you can hold your little girl in about an hour. Besides, you two need to choose a name. Do you have any suggestions?"

Jim smiled and said, "Yeah, I do. But I can tell you right now she won't like it. If I do, she won't. Dan, we've always been that way. We just can't seem to see eye to eye on things."

This made both Dan and Blair laugh. Because they all knew this was right on the nose for the two of them. But Dan decided to try and push things a little bit for them. "Jim you need to talk to her," he started, "whether you like it or not. Just go in there and talk about things and see what she has to say. She may surprise you and agree with something for a change. I do know that you two are going to have to agree on things with this child. It's for her. Now it's not you and Megan. It's you, Megan and baby. So grow up, Jim. Go and talk to her."

Jim walked down to her room with his shoulders slumped, he acted like he was going to have to face the worst thing in his life. He knocked on the door of her room and waited, he heard a voice say, "Come in."

Jim walked in and looked shakily at Conner. She looked so weak. He wasn't sure this was a good idea. Then before he knew what happened, he was bending over the bed and hugging her and telling her he was glad she was all right and that the baby was beautiful."

She smiled at him tiredly and said, "Jim we need to think of a name for her. She is so beautiful. I had thought of a name for a girl. But then it got sidetracked when they told us it was a boy. What do you think of the name Jade or Jaden? I've always loved that name for a little girl."

"Megan," Jim said smiling, "if you let me choose the middle name, I'll go along with Jaden. We can call her Jade for short. How is that?"

Megan looked at Jim like he was someone else. She asked, "Jim are you sure you don't want to discuss it with Blair first? He might have some ideas. We don't want to leave the other two out of this either."

"You are right, he said, "I'll go and get them and bring them in and then we can discuss what you think of the name Wolfe for a middle name."

As he walked out of the room Megan smiled at Jim's back. She couldn't believe how sweet that was to put Dan's name in there somewhere. Jim could be very nice when he really tried.

The three men walked into the room and Dan walked over to the bed and kissed Megan and asked, "How are you feeling sweetheart?" "I'm doing just fine, Megan answered, "Jim has some ideas for the baby's names and we wanted you two to have an opinion on it too."

"What do you both think of the name Jaden?" Jim asked, "and the middle name would be Wolfe. So it would be Jaden Wolfe and we'd call her Jade. Well, what do you think?" Jim and Megan sat there waiting for something from either of them. They both seemed to be dumbfounded.

Megan said quickly, "Sandy, we could add Blair to her name, so she could be Jaden Wolfe Blair Ellison. What do you think of that?"

"I think that would be wonderful," Sandburg said quietly, "it is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl." Blair didn't need to mention to Jim that Wolfe as the middle name was more or less after him too. Maybe his spirit animal would keep her safe as it did him. Blair then walked over to the bed and gave her a hug.

Jim and Megan signed the papers that they had notarized before hand and all was legal now. Jim and Megan now had a daughter.

Jim sat down and said, "Megan and Dan, I'm going tomorrow and setting up her trust fund for college. It'll be all taken care of. And I've set it up with the PD to take out a percentage the judge said would be the fair amount to pay for child support. And we will have her every other weekend and any other time you want time off, right?"

"Jim, it almost sounds like we are getting the best deal," Megan said, "I think you should maybe try to make things a little difficult so I don't have to look for that pod at the loft."

Blair started laughing and said, "Man, he is looking and acting like a real softie, isn't he? Little girls will do that to their daddies. I can't wait to hold her. Thank you Megan for letting us help you raise her and be a part of her life."

Dan said, "Well, here comes our little angel now. We'll all get the gowns on and get scrubbed up and they'll let us all hold her. And we can discuss her life and how we'll deal with things. But in the mean time, I say we live for today."

All of them were misty eyed as they prepared to hold this little person in their arms and make every one of them so complete. There weren't any more questions of where do I belong, or who am I to this child. Each person was important. They were a family unit. And they'd be a family unit everlastingly. Knowing there might be problems down the road, didn't dissuade them from being happy. They would cross that bridge when they came to it. But they all knew that there was love for one special person. Her name was Jaden Wolfe Blair Ellison. That's who gave them all hope and joy.

The end.


Patt's Index