Notes: The words in the quotation marks are the ministers as he performs the ceremony. The words between the * * are Jim, Blair and families thoughts and feeling as J/B finally get married.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This Band of Gold
By: Cherokeegirl

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today..."

Jim: *Well Chief, here we are, actually getting married. It has been a long trip getting here. A five year long roller coaster ride. And, I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. I can't believe the changes in my life since you came along. I was lost, alone terrified by my senses going out of control. Still in shock by what happened in Peru. So, I just turned everything off. To all outward appearances I was carved in granite. I wouldn't let anyone in. I thought if I didn't let anyone else see the fear and pain inside I wouldn't have to face it myself.

But you know Chief, I can't really blame the way I was on my being a Sentinel or what happened in Peru. It all started years ago. I was shaped in childhood, by my Mother's walking out when I was just a kid, my Father didn't seem to care about anything but his work. I really don't remember either of my parents telling me they loved me. So, when I got older it was hard for me to show my feelings. I went through life taking only one day at time. Never looking ahead, afraid that I would only see emptiness stretched out before me. I was afraid of allowing anyone inside my walls, I was afraid of that pain.*

When I married Caroline, I thought things would be different. But, she left me too. She walked out thinking I was cold and uncaring. She even told me that I couldn't make a commitment. And, that was true Chief, until I met you. You bounced into my life with your long hair and strange ideas. I called you a neo-hippie witch doctor punk. I had never met anyone quite like you. I certainly never wanted to let you into my life. But before I knew it there you were chipping away at the cold granite around my heart, and in you came. And, I thank God you're here.*

"...before God and these witnesses to join this couple in matrimony."

Jim: *I look around us at all our friends and family gathered here today. I can't believe how fortunate we are. I never thought we would be accepted. I could never have believed our friends and family would support us. I was afraid they wouldn't understand, that they would turn their backs on us. But Chief, I underestimated you didn't I? If you could get through all my defenses then everyone else was a piece of cake.

Now here we stand with all the guys from Major Crimes gathered around, even Simon. I can still remember the day we told him. I was afraid I would be kicked off the force. But he just looked at me, smiled and said, "I've known for a long time you two were in love. I just wondered how long it would be before you guys got a clue." But here he is standing up for you as your best man looking so pleased with himself that I have to smile.

I never thought our families would accept our relationship. I thought Naomi would be upset; not because I'm another man, but because I'm a cop, the enemy, a pig, as she used to phrase it. It was only when she put here arms around me this morning and welcomed me into the family that I realized how far we had come. But the biggest surprise of all Chief is the fact that my Dad is here. When we first told him, he was so upset. He couldn't understand why I wanted to marry another man. I know you went to his office and talked to him. I still don't know what you said. But whatever it was , you certainly worked a miracle.*

"This is a Holy state, not to be entered into unadvisedly, or unwisely but solemnly and reverently."

Jim: *With my strict Catholic upbringing, I would never have thought that the marriage between two men would ever be 'Holy Matrimony'. But, you came into my life when I needed you most, saving my life and my soul. So, I know you were heaven sent.*

"Do you James Joseph Ellison, take Blair Jacob Sandburg to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Jim: *Yes I'll have him, I'll hold him, and I'll never let him go! This man is my life!*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

Jim: *Love him? I love him with all my heart. He owns my heart. I could never love anyone else. Cherish him? This beautiful gift from God is the most precious treasure on earth. Keep him? I couldn't live without him!*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,

Jim: *Well Chief, I think we covered all of those haven't we? You have been kidnapped, drugged and poisoned. You even died and came back. I have had more car wrecks and been shot more times than I can count. Yet, we got through it all together!

"...until death, do you part?"

Jim: *No Chief, not until death do we part. We have conquered death. I went to the other side and brought you back. Death will never take you from me. If I can't bring you back then I will follow you. We will be together in this life and the next, throughout all eternity.*

"Do you Blair Jacob Sandburg take James Joseph Ellison to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Jim: *I stand here and listen to these vows and I realize we are already married to each other in all the ways that count. We have already made that commitment to each other. The commitment to go through our lives together, always there for each other, never to let each other down, each one never letting the other doubt for one moment it is a lifetime commitment we share.

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

Jim: *The commitment to love, honor, cherish and keep each other was a commitment we made the first day we met. The day you saved my life the first time. The words were unspoken and yet the bond was already there. I do love and cherish you Chief. That's why we're getting married today. When I told you that I'm in love with you, I meant that with all my heart. I want you to know that this is a lifetime commitment for me. When you told me that you had never been with any one else, and you wanted to give that gift to me, I was overwhelmed. That's when I knew I wanted to wait until we were married to make love. You couldn't believe that I would actually want to wait. But Chief, I needed to do that for you. I needed you to know that you are that special to me.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,"

Jim: *No Chief there is not a doubt in my mind that we'll be together, no matter what happens, when we're old and gray sitting in our rocking chairs, if we lost everything tomorrow, we'll always be together, we'll always love each other.*

"...until death, do you part?"

Jim: *To death and beyond Chief, always and forever...*

"What do you give as an outward sign of this love for all to see?"

Jim: "A Ring."

*This band of gold, and I will wear it proudly Chief for all the world to see that I love you. For the world to know that I have been blessed by your loving me.*

"James please place this ring on Blair's hand and repeat after me.

"With this ring I thee wed, and I give it you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my trough."

Jim: "With this ring I thee wed, and I give it you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my trough."

*Yes Chief, this ring is a symbol that I have given you my love, my heart and my life and I know they are in safe keeping.*

"For in as much as this couple has come here today in front of God and these witness and declared their love for each other...,"

Jim:*In front of God and these witnesses, in front of the world, I declare my love for you.*

"...with the giving and receiving of rings as an outward sign of their love..."

Jim: *I'm honored to wear your ring as a symbol that I have been blessed by your love.*

"...they have declared their commitment to one another..."

Jim: "Yes I will declare it. I will shout it from the roof tops. But more importantly I will whisper it to you in our bed after we make love. For, I have committed my life to each you, committed myself to make sure that this love will burn as brightly throughout eternity as it does today.*

"For from this day forward where two have walked, now there walks one; one heart one life, one love."

Jim: *Yes Chief, one heart one life one love: Always!*

"I now pronounce you wed. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blair's POV:

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today"

Blair: *Getting married! I am actually standing here getting married. Part of me just can't believe this is actually happening. I-am-getting-married! My family doesn't exactly have a history of commitments. I have always been a free spirit, having been raised by my Mom Naomi, a flower child of the sixties, who believed in what she called "free-love". I never knew my father. Naomi wasn't even sure who he was. I always wondered about him, wondered if things would have been different if I had known him. You see, Mom was always on the move, always searching for that elusive "something". I was never sure what it was; I don't think she was either. Because I never stayed in one place for very long, I grew up alone. Never forming any real attachments. Just when I would get settled into a new school and start making friends she would whisk me off to some new and exotic place, looking for what was just over the next hill, just beyond the next rainbow.

When I became a man, I spent my life in search of knowledge. I was always asking questions and seeking the answers. I lived my life one day at a time, never looking ahead to the future, I was afraid that I would see only emptiness. I became an anthropologist to study human-behavior. To answer the question of "Why are we the way we are?" Or maybe it would be more accurate to say, "Why am I the way I am?" But one question remained, the answer elusive, "What is love, the real love, the kind that lasts, the kind that endures? Where is the kind of love that I have always heard about? Where is the love that lasts a life time, the one that the love poems are written about, and where do I find it?"

I never I married, never formed any kind of real relationship, I was afraid of allowing anyone too close, afraid of allowing anyone inside to even glimpse my heart. Even though I wanted love, I was afraid to find it. I was afraid the words 'I love you' really were another way to say goodbye. So, I never gave myself to anyone. People thought I was selfish and immature, incapable of love. They never understood it was only fear that caused me to keep my distance. But the result was still the same. I was alone.

But then you came into my life. Man believe me, I 'SO' didn't want to go there! There you were, ex-military, a cop, and establishment with a capital E. Everything I was raised to distrust. When you stormed into my office and threw me up against the wall, I saw the pain and fear in your eyes, and something more. That's when I said, "Bam! I found my Holy Grail!" I knew then that I would do anything to take away that fear, to ease that pain.*

"...before God and these witnesses to join this couple in matrimony."

Blair: *Yes, God, these witnesses, the world! I would like to take out a full page ad. James Elliston and Blair Sandburg are in love and they are getting married. At first we weren't going to tell anyone. We were just going to have a quiet commitment ceremony. You said you liked your privacy, that you didn't want a lot of people involved. I was hurt, I wanted our family and friends to be here, to share this moment. But, then I realized you were just trying to protect me from disappointment. You knew if we told our friends and they reacted badly, I would be deeply hurt by it. That's when I said, "Look Jim, our real friends will be there, and the others just don't matter," and you agreed. Sure there were some people we called our friends who didn't understand. But just look around Jim, at all the people we love, who love us that are here to share our joy. Simon, Darryl, Rafe, H, Megan, Joel even my Mom came all the way from Europe to be here.

I knew how hurt you would be if your Dad didn't come. So I went to him and told him how much you loved him and needed him to be here today. You know until I told him, I don't think he knew that you loved him. When I assured him that you really do care and how much you wanted him here, he agreed. But you know Jim, I think he would really rather have heard that from you. I never thought my Mom would be able to accept or being together. Not because you're a man, but because you stand for all the things she has feared and distrusted all her life. But this morning when my Mom put her arms around you and welcomed you to the family, I could see how touched you were. I could see how far the two of you have come and I knew it was going to be okay.*

"This is a Holy state, not to be entered into unadvisedly, or unwisely but solemnly and reverently."

Blair: *'Holy Matrimony'! Yeah Jim, that's what it is 'Holy matrimony'. Two people, brought together by God. I know there are people who don't believe that. They would never believe that our marriage could be sanctioned by God. But I know this was destined, preordained by a higher power. I know what we have together is such a beautiful gift it could only have come from God!*

"Do you Blair Jacob Sandburg take James Joseph Ellison to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Blair: *Yes, I'll take him, I'll have him, I'll hold him, I'll spend everyday for the rest of my life loving him. I would have no life without him!*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

Blair: *Love him? Yes, I love him, with all my heart, my soul my very being. Cherish him? Yes, I cherish him. This beautiful man is worth more to me than all the earthly treasures combined. Keep him? Yes, I'll keep him. As long as he'll have me I'll stand by his side. I'll never leave him.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,

Blair: *Through bullets, beatings, poisons, car wrecks, explosions, even me dying, we've seen it all. But with our guardian angel watching over us, we made it: Together!*

"...until death, do you part?"

Blair: *For the rest of my life, even unto death. Beyond death and through eternity, I will love him. Death holds no boundaries for us. We found that out the day at the fountain when you went to the other side and brought me back.*

"Do you James Joseph Ellison take Blair Jacob Sandburg to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Blair: *I stand here and listen to you take your vows and I am overwhelmed at the love I see in your eyes and I can't believe this beautiful man loves me this much. I don't know what I did deserve you, Jim. But I have been truly blessed.*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

Blair: *Yes Jim, I know you love me. But when I think about 'you' cherishing 'me', that you feel honored to have me in your life, I know that God has looked down on me and smiled.

The day I told you that I had never been with anyone else and that you were the only one I ever wanted to make love to me, I saw such love in your eyes that I thought my heart would burst with joy. When you actually insisted that we wait until our wedding night to make love, so that I would know that this is a life time commitment for you, I knew that this was the love that I had been waiting for all my life.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse..."

Blair: *Through it all. The ups and downs, the highs and lows, through everything life has to throw at us. We will go through our future weathering all the storms, loving each other.*

"...until death, do you part?"

Blair: *Through life, through death, throughout all eternity.*

"What do you give as an outward sign of this love for all to see?"

Blair: "A Ring."

*A band of gold. A perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. Just like my love for you.*

"Blair please place this ring on James's hand and repeat after me. With this ring I thee wed, and I give it you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my trough."

Blair: "With this ring I thee wed, and I give it you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my trough."

*Yes Jim, this ring, my heart, my life, my soul, I give to you .*

"For in as much as this couple has come here today in front of God and these witness and declared their love for each other..."

Blair: *In front of God and these witnesses, in front of the world, I shout my love for you.*

"...with the giving and receiving of rings as an outward sign of their love..."

Blair: *I wear this ring with pride to show the world this wonderful man standing here at my side has blessed me with his love.*

"...they have declared their commitment to one another..."

Blair: *Yes we will declare it every day of our lives. When we back each other up on the job. When we lie in our bed at night making love to each other. We declare it with every look, every touch, and every kiss. We commit ourselves to our life together and the love we share.*

"For from this day forward where two have walked, now there walks one; one heart one life, one love."

Blair: *That's true Jim. Until you came into my life I was only half a man, with half a heart and half a soul. But when I found you I became complete; whole.*

"I now pronounce you wed. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Simon POV

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today..."

Simon: *Well I have to admit I never thought I would see the day, when I Simon Banks, would attend the wedding of two men. Certainly not, when one of the men is James Ellison. I would never have thought Jim would be the kind of man that would fall in love with another man. But here he is marrying Sandburg. And, I for one, couldn't be happier about it.

I can still remember when Jim first transferred to Major crimes from vice. He was so cold, so regimented, and heartless that he seemed more like a machine than he did a man. The only real emotion I ever saw in him was when his senses first stated to 'come online' as Sandburg calls it. That day I actually saw fear in Jim's eyes. When Blair helped Jim to get control of his senses Jim completely changed. He smiled, laughed and joked with his fellow officers, he was more compassionate and caring than I have ever seen him. But I think it was more than Jim's coming to terms with being a Sentinel, I think it was Sandburg himself that caused the change. Even when he was married to Caroline, he was never this happy. No, for the first time in Jim's life he's found someone he can love and trust to never leave him. I thank God Blair came into his life!

I can still remember when Jim came to me to tell me they were in love and were going to get married. He thought I would be shocked. But, I think I knew the truth before they ever admitted it to themselves, much less each other. When Sandburg asked me to be his best man and I agreed I think Jim's jaw dropped open six inches. That was definitely a Kodak moment. I would never admit it to either one of them under pain of death, but I'm honored that the little guy thought enough of me to ask me to stand up with him.

"...before God and these witnesses to join this couple in matrimony."

Simon: *As I look around I can't believe how many people are here. Not just friends and family, but so many of their fellow officers showed up. I knew they were respected on the force. But, I never thought their relationship would be accepted. I'm overwhelmed as I look around and see so many of Jim's fellow officers here to offer their friendship and support and I don't think I've ever been more proud of my people.

"This is a Holy state, not to be entered into unadvisedly, or unwisely but solemnly and reverently."

Simon: *Yes it is just that a 'holy state' sanctified by God. I believe that with all my heart. It seems as though Blair is some kind gift from God sent here to help Jim. He's like a guardian Angel. They aren't just Sentinel and Guide those two are soul mates. The depth of love I see between these two people is so strong their love so right, it couldn't be anything but Divine intervention that brought these two together.*

"Do you James Joseph Ellison, take Blair Jacob Sandburg to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Simon: *I'm convinced Jim wouldn't last a day without Sandburg by his side.*

"...to love, honor, cherish and keep him..."

Simon: *They belong together. As long as he lives Jim will love and cherish him.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,

Simon: *There is nothing that could separate the two of them.*

"...until death, do you part?"

Simon: *Death would never part those two, if one were to die it wouldn't be long before the other would follow. I will always believe on the day Blair drowned in that fountain that Jim went to the other side and brought him back.*

"Do you Blair Jacob Sandburg take James Joseph Ellison to have and to hold from this day forward..."

Simon:*Blair would do anything for Jim, he's already given up his academic reputation, even his career to protect him.*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

Simon:*No, if that isn't love then I don't know what love is.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,"

Simon: *There's no doubt about it, those two will stand by each other no matter what.*

"...until death, do you part?"

Simon:*Those two will be together throughout all eternity.*

"What do you give as an outward sign of this love for all to see?"

Jim and Blair in unison: "A Ring."

Simon: *A ring, a band of Gold, with no beginning and no end...*

"James please place this ring on Blair's hand and repeat after me.

"With this ring I thee wed, and I give it you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my trough."

"Blair please place this ring on James's hand..."

Simon: *...just like those two. You can't tell where one starts and the other stops.*

"For in as much as this couple has come here today in front of God and these witness and declared their love for each other...,"

Simon: *God, these witnesses, and the angels above are rejoicing with you today.*

"...with the giving and receiving of rings as an outward sign of their love..."

Simon: *Yes they will proudly wear those rings. They will never feel the need to hide their love. And why should they?*

"...they have declared their commitment to one another..."

Simon:* This special love is such a rare and beautiful gift it should be declared to the world*

"For from this day forward where two have walked, now there walks one; one heart one life, one love."

Simon: *No there aren't two men here today, just one. One heart, one mind, one soul.*

"I now pronounce you wed. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

Simon: *Congratulations boys! May God continue to bless you and keep you in his love.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Naomi's POV:

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today"

*Getting married! My baby is getting married. I never thought Blair would marry. I never thought he would settle down. I have always been a free spirit, so that is the way I raised Blair. We were never in one place for very long. We were always on the move, always looking for what was just over the horizon. 'Life is too short,' I said. 'There is too much out there to see to stay in one place and stagnate.'

When Blair told me that he and Jim were in love and were getting married, I asked him why he would want to tie himself down in one spot with one person when he had his whole life ahead of him. He looked at me so sadly and said 'Mom, I've traveled all my life. I've never been in one place long enough to have a real home with someone I love who loves me. I want that more than anything. I've finally found that with Jim. Do you remember the fiasco over my dissertation? I told you then that nothing was more important to me than Jim. I told you that I had finally found my "brass ring."'

That is when I realized, while I was trying to show Blair the world, what he really wanted was a home and stability. If he's found that with Jim then I couldn't be happier for him.*

"...before God and these witnesses to join this couple in matrimony."

*Yes, God and these witnesses are here today to celebrate this love. I look around and I am amazed at how many people are here. There are some of Blair's friends from the university. The real friends who didn't turn their backs on him. Blair and Jim's friends from the police department, even Jim's father is here. Yes, my baby has finally found what he has been wanting and needing all these years. A real home. May God bless you, Jim, for giving that to him.*

"This is a holy state, not to be entered into unadvisedly or unwisely but solemnly and reverently."

*'Holy Matrimony'! Yes that is exactly what this is. A union that was destined to be.*

"Do you, Blair Jacob Sandburg, take James Joseph Ellison to have and to hold from this day forward..."

*Yes, take him, hold him, love him and never let him go. Your heart has finally found its home.*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

*Love him? Oh yes, he loves him. He was willing to give up everything for him. Cherish him? Jim means more to Blair than anything on earth. Keep him? Jim is Blair's whole world; he could never leave him. *

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...,

Whatever life may bring they will be together. Their love has made them strong enough to conquer anything.

"...until death, do you part?"

Death can't part them. They found that out that day at the fountain when they defied death to be together.

"Do you, James Joseph Ellison, take Blair Jacob Sandburg to have and to hold from this day forward..."

*As I stand here and listen to the two of you say your vows, I realize what a rare and special gift the two of you have; unconditional love.*

"...to love honor, cherish and keep him..."

*The two of you have been truly blessed.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse..."

*Through anything life has to offer,...*

"...until death, do you part?"

*...through this life and the next and all their incarnations. They will be together.*

"What do you give as an outward sign of this love for all to see?"

Jim and Blair respond in unison: "A ring."

*My baby has traded his brass ring for a band of gold.*

"Blair, will you please place this ring on James's hand and repeat after me? 'With this ring I thee wed, and I give it to you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my troth.'"

Blair responds, "With this ring I thee wed, and I give it to you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward unto you I plight my troth."

"James will you please place this ring on Blair's hand..."

*A perfect circle: Blair and Jim, Jim and Blair...*

"...with the giving and receiving of rings as an outward sign of their love..."

...with no beginning and no end.

"...they have declared their commitment to one another..."

They have committed their hearts and their lives to each other. They declare their love to each other in every look and every touch.

"For from this day forward where two have walked, now there walks one; one heart one life, one love."

*Yes one, together they are complete, whole, soul mates.*

"I now pronounce you wed. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

They come together and share a tender kiss, as they pull apart they whisper:

"Forever."

*May God continue to bless both my sons.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

William Ellison's POV

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today..."

*Well, here I am at Jim's wedding. I never thought that I would live to see the day that one of my son's married another man, or that I would be at the wedding. But, here I am. When Jim told me that he was in love with Sandburg and they were getting married I thought it was a joke. When he said he was serious I was shocked. The first thought that came to my mind was 'What have I done wrong? How could I have failed him as a father?' But, I'm afraid the answer to that would have been 'everything'. I wasn't going to come. But, Blair came to my office and asked me to do it for Jim's sake. He said that in spite of our past Jim really loves and respects me. He said that even though Jim couldn't bring himself to say it he really needed me here today. He really needed to know that I could show him my love and support. It was really hard for me to believe that it meant so much to Jim for me to be here. I just wish he could have told me that.

I don't think Jim is marrying the kid because of something I did or didn't do when he was growing up. I honestly think he loves him. After all, who am I to judge him? I married a woman and she walked out on me and the boys. Jim married Carolyn and it wasn't long before she walked out too. But I think Blair really makes Jim happy. And God knows Jim hasn't had much happiness in his life.

"...before God and these witnesses to join this couple in matrimony..."

*This church is full. I didn't know Jim had so many friends. And we have all gathered here today to witness Jim and Blair getting married. I'm trying but I have to admit it's going to take some time for me to get my mind wrapped around that one.*

"This is a Holy state. Not to be entered into unadvisedly or unwisely, but solemnly and reverently."

*A Holy state sanctified by god. Well, I guess if that means that Blair was sent to Jim by some higher power than I guess it means just that, 'Holy Matrimony'. That kid has saved Jim's life and his sanity.*

"Do you James Joseph Ellison take Blair Jacob Sandburg to have and to hold from this day forward..."

*I don't think Jim would have lasted much longer if Blair hadn't come into his life. So, when you think about it their getting married isn't so surprising.*

"...to love, honor, cherish and keep him..."

*I believe as long as they live they will love and cherish each other.*

"...In sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse...

*I don't think there is anything on earth that could pull those two apart.*

"...until death do you part?"

*Not even death would part them. I think those two would follow each other to hell and back if necessary.*

"Do you Blair Jacob Sandburg take James Joseph Ellison to have and to hold from this day forward..."

*Jim really loves Blair and Blair has already proven that he would do anything for Jim, he's already given up his academic life, everything he has worked so hard for, to protect Jim.*

"...To love, honor cherish and keep him..."

*Those two love each other all right. They have both proven that time and time again.*

"...in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse..."

*This time Jim has found the one he can love and depend on. They will spend the rest of their lives loving each other.*

"...Until death do you part?"

*They will always be together. They will always be happy and in love. Jim has found his one true love. That's the most important part, not the package it's wrapped in.*

"What do you give as an outward sign of this love for all to see?"

Jim and Blair answer in unison "A Ring."

*A band of gold. A simple thing that means so much.*

"James, please place this ring on Blair's hand and repeat after me. With this ring I thee wed and I give it to you as a symbol of my love. For from this day forward, unto you I plight my troth."

"Blair please place this ring on James's hand."

*A never ending circle, just like love itself; just like the two of them.*

"For in as much as this couple has come here today in front of God and these witnesses and declared their love for each other..."

*Yes, God and those of us who are gathered here today are celebrating this union.*

"...with the giving and receiving of rings as an outward sign of their love..."

*A perfect band of gold so that all the world can see how much they love each other.*

"...they have declared their commitment to one another."

*When someone finds their one true love it should be declared, it should never be hidden away because you're afraid of what other people will think, or because you're afraid they won't approve. I have learned that today; learned that this is the way it should be.*

"For from this day forward, where two have walked, there walks only one; one heart, one life and one love."

*After being here today and seeing the love that these two share, I know what the phrase 'soul mate' means.*

"I now pronounce you wed. You may seal your vows with a kiss."

They come together and share a tender kiss. As they pull apart the whisper, "Forever."

*May god help you Blair. You're now part of the family.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CherokeeGirls Index