Hey, Guess Who's Gay?

by Patt Paulos-Darrow


Blair Sandburg was beginning to have thoughts about his very male partner. This can't be a good thing, thought, Blair. He would exterminate me for these thoughts alone. I've got to get my mind off of him or I'll give myself away and be without a place to live.

As Blair drove down the street, he was trying to think of what to do about these thoughts and he passed this bar that was known to be a very nice place for gay men to hang out at. Maybe he should check it out. Blair needed to see if he was attracted to other men. Or only Jim, and then what would he do? He would be royally fucked without any of the fun, that's what. He laughed out loud at this thought and knew he was loosing it.

He parked the car, got out and made his way into the nice establishment. At least it was a nice place. When he walked in, he noticed all eyes on him and was a little uncomfortable, but knew he had to do this. He walked up to the bar and sat down. When the bartender came by, he said, "Could I please have a MGD draft? And do you have any pretzels?"

The bartender got his MGD and the bowl of pretzels and brought them over and placed them in front of Blair. He said, "That'll be $4.00. Haven't seen you in here before. Are you new to the city?"

As Blair pulled out his wallet to pay, he said, "No, not new to the city, just new to these types of clubs." And then he smiled as he paid the bartender for the beer.

The bartender said, "My name is Danny and you just holler if you need anything. Let me give you a piece of advice; don't go home with anyone tonight. All right? You need to get used to it yourself first. And if anyone gives you a bad time, I'll be right here. I have a friend who I know on the police force that comes by from time to time. He'll be by tonight. Things are usually quiet then. Everyone knows that Thursday's are his day to relax."

Blair smiled and said, "You're kidding? I work with on the police force, maybe I already know him."

The bartender quickly said, "Listen kid, he doesn't want anyone to know. Okay? So if he comes in tonight, even if you know him, don't talk to him. He doesn't want to ruin his friendship with his partner at work."

"Oh man," Blair said understanding, "I can totally see that. I'm having the same problems myself. My partner would shit if he knew I was thinking about him that way."

Danny said, "Well, now would be a good time for me to show you to a booth, because that guy is coming in and I don't want you bothering him. Just promise me you won't say a word and you'll just sit here quietly. He doesn't like me talking to anyone else while he's here. He is very quiet and we've become pretty good friends."

Blair slid into the booth as he said, "You don't have to worry about me, man. I don't want anyone to know I'm here either." Danny set down Blair's fresh beer and walked over to the bar. Blair thought, man this guy must be a dickhead if he needs the whole bartender to himself.

The front door opened and in walked Jim. Just as big as you please. Blair just sat there with his mouth hanging open.

He slid out of the booth, and walked up to the bar and Jim turned around and almost jumped when he saw Blair. Jim said, "Chief, I can explain. Danny is a friend of mine. Chief what are you doing?"

Blair was moving in closer and closer and almost looked like he was going to hit Jim. As Jim got closer, he saw the look in Blair's eyes and smiled. Well, shit, Jim thought. We've both been dancing around and didn't do anything about it out of fear of the other finding out.

Jim was still seated at the bar and Blair thought that was pretty nice since he wanted to kiss him really badly. Now he was closer to him. Blair put his hands on either side of Jim's face and kissed him. Blair put everything he had into this kiss. He wanted to impress Jim, but also wanted to want for more. When the kiss was done, Jim was panting.

Everyone in the bar said, "All right, Jimmy." Laughter was starting up all over the place.

Danny went over to the jukebox and pressed a certain number and Sting started singing, a nice slow song and Jim asked, "Blair would you like to dance?"

Blair smiled up at him and said, "Sure."

Blair went into Jim's arms and they started slow dancing and it was the nicest feeling they ever had.

Blair said, "Jim, how long have you been gay? Have you known all along?"

Jim answered, "No, I've never even been with a man before. I just come down and watch the men so I can see if I'm attracted to anyone other than you."

Starting to laugh, Blair said, "I can't believe how dumb the two of us are. Boy did we both miss that clue bus."

Jim laughed too and added, "Chief, I don't think we were even near the stop."

Blair pulled Jim's face down to his and started kissing him again. Jim found out that Blair Sandburg was as good at kissing, as he was everything else. And was hoping he could show him exactly what else he could do for and with him soon.

Jim said, "Chief, could we take this home? I'd really like to make out in the privacy of our own home. And by the way, you're moving upstairs with me."

Blair laughed again and said, "Do I look like I'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming? I don't think so. Let's get out of him, Jim."

As they walked past the bar, Jim said, "Danny, thanks for everything, this is Blair. The one I told you about. Hopefully we'll see you soon. But this time, we'll be together."

Danny said, "I love happy endings, Jimmy. See you soon."


Back to Patt's Stories Index