Sparrington Challenge - 23. July/ 03. September
A kiss and a bottle o'rum to a kind lass by the name of Jana for this challenge (Thanks luv!)! Basically it's fairly simple:

Jack has to save James.

In what sense is entirely up to your imagination. Literally, metaphorically, maybe from his own feelings, maybe from the hands of an evil pirate captain.. As you like it.

Brownie point for either:

a) a convincing original character
b) making the good Commodore cry
or
c) the mentioning of the words "bouffant", "jip boom" and "catamite". *snigger*

Everything goes: drama, humour, PWP, drabbles (at least 500 words), epics, any length, any rating.

The challenge will be running from 23. July - 03. September and then we'll make our choice and pick a winner. And yep, you will even receive a little dainty. The winner will get an original autograph of the incredible Johnny Depp. It had been handed out at a 'PotC' press conference last year and the photo print is a bit blurry at the lower edge, but yes, HE signed it, so you'll really have to hold a, uhm.. quill to my head so I won't keep it to myself.. *clasps Jack-photo possessively to her breast*

So if you like to take part, send your fic to sparrington_slash@yahoo.de under "Sparrington Challenge". Ship ahoy! :-)


* * *



We received 5 fics for this challenge and let it be said.. the decision was not easy! In the end we had a three-hour discussion about whom to pick and serious pillow-throwing could only just be avoided. *g* So that's how we decided. Many-many thanks to everyone who participated, we enjoyed the read tremendously!


First place:
The Quality of Mercy by Mundungus42


And four Second places:
The Commodore's Corset by Eris/Darklady Erisa

Dreams by Eris/Darklady Erisa

Salvage by Alicia Graybill

Well Enough by xzombiexkittenx


Later addition:
The Quality of Mercy by Rach74

This wonderful story was originally going to be for the challenge but didn't make it in time for the submission date.







[back]