CrimsonShinigami's Plotbunnies


Choose a scenario! When you're done, e-mail me your choice, along with the number so I can find it. Also, I'll need to know whether you want an object or a phrase so I can select a random one for you. Thankyou! The objects and phrases are listed so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Scenarios

1. Somebody has stowed away on a ship. What happens after he’s discovered?

2. It’s Christmas on the Black Pearl? How do they celebrate, and how does it compare to the navy celebrations on shore?

3. Norrington’s pirate name is Nasty Norrington. His first mate is Gillette. Will he escape certain death from under the hands of Commodore Sparrow?

4. Feeling undervalued, Gillette and Groves seek solace in each other.

5. Someone’s sleeping in the captain’s bed, but it’s not the captain. Who is it? Are they alone? And what happens if they’re discovered?

6. Norrington receives a message in a bottle, intelligence that Jack Sparrow will be in a certain place at a certain time, and to come alone. Will James follow the instructions?

7. The Dauntless and The Black Pearl are ‘Chummy Ships.’ Their captains hate each other, or do they? One day their bickering becomes even more irritating than usual. What do the crew do?

8. Use the title ‘Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.’

9. Use the title ‘A Matter of Fancy Waistcoats.’

10. Use the title ‘St Elmo’s Fire.’

11. Use the title ‘The Stone Frigate.’

12. Use the title ‘Frock Coats and Swords.’

13. Use the title ‘How to Knock the Gilt off the Gingerbread.’

14. Use the title ‘Against the Grain and Into the Wake.’

15. Use the title ‘Master of the Fleet.’

16. Will is tired of married life, and seeks adventure and fulfilment in other ways. With someone else, for instance. But will this secret keep, and what happens when the milk turns sour?

17. Norrington’s been offered the position of Rear Admiral. But does he really want to leave his post? What else is there for him beyond his own command?

18. On a hot Caribbean day, pirate loot makes a cool, refreshing bed. Nothing better than the refreshing touch of Spanish gold on bare skin. And nothing more impressive for an uninitiated partner.

19. When left to look after the ship, there are several things two people can get up to…

20. When someone hears that Jack Sparrow has been caught in another Port and hanged to death, they are riddled with pain. Is it really appropriate, considering their role and is the Sparrow hung the real Jack Sparrow?

21. A ‘Galley Packet’ is a naval term for a rumour. So when a rumour starts aboard a ship about its captain, what will the man concerned do about it?

22. The Dauntless mutinies, and it’s crew leave Norrington and Gillette on a desert island, with nothing but a pistol shot between them. What will happen?

23. The Dauntless mutinies and the crew leaves Norrington/Gillette on a desert island with nothing but a shot. Who should happen to pass but Jack Sparrow?

24. Someone falls overboard and receives serious injuries against the ship’s hull in the swell of the water. They’re recovered and someone on board nurses their health desperately, though perhaps in vain.

25. Norrington’s extreme hate of pirates comes from the fact that pirates sank the ship his father and mother travelled upon, and murdered his first lover. Is there any possibility of him giving up his hatred?

26. After what he’s seen, Will gets paranoid. Any superstitions he might have chanced to believe in could now be true. In order to calm his mind, he has to go back to the source of the pirate’s curse. And he can’t get there alone.

27. For some reason, Will and Norrington end up in a furious battle for the hand of Elizabeth Swann. But is it really Elizabeth that they want?

28. Ownership of a flute, and proficiency thereon, was at one time regarded in a
ship as the prerogative of the Marine officer. When someone finds an enchanted flute, who knows what will happen?

29. Norrington practices the art of ‘losing the cloth’ where he removes the table cloth three times at dinner to warn the crew that they are to be removed from their posts, in effect, giving them three days warning. In a panic, Gillette decides to take matters into his own hands.

30. ‘The Sailor’s Friend’ is an old term for a hammock. The question is…is a hammock really appropriate for two people?

31. Gillette receives his ‘monthly insult’ or paycheck, and is disgusted. He decides to visit the Commodore about a raise.

32. Written to the words of ‘What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor.

33. Norrington has captured Jack Sparrow again, and he offers the man a chance to go ‘right off the reel’, free without obstruction, if he’ll do one thing for him…

34. Gillette has been commissioned his own ship, The Defender, a three masted brig to the same standards as the now destroyed Interceptor. On his departure from Port Royal, Norrington shows his grief.

35. On intelligence in Tortuga, a navy officer accidentally drinks more than he is capable of holding. He is found by someone else, who has also, coincidentally imbibed too much alcohol. Things happen. What happens when they’re both sober again?

36. The term ‘Son of a Gun’ is used to represent a male child born to a woman who came onboard ship while it was at dock, and was conceived on deck. Just who is a ‘son of a gun’ and what will he do to keep it a secret?

37. The devil’s luck. Jack Sparrow is an incredible lucky man. What happens when he tries to use his luck for other reasons? Does it work? If it doesn’t, what else will he do to try and get what he wants?

38. There is a superstition that were all the rats on ship to desert it, the ship was surely to run into bad luck. The rats go swimming. Is the superstition true?

39. The Black Pearl sacks Norrington’s fort and forces surrender upon the navy men there. What does Sparrow do with his new command? And what about his prisoners?

40. Norrington organises a hanging in an attempt to cover up for Jack Sparrow’s continued life? Why?

41. A story to the theme of ‘A Pirate’s Life For Me.’

42. Gillette develops a cream that makes shaving less difficult. He demonstrates it personally, but it doesn’t catch on.

43. It is not always true that a captain goes down with his ship, but when trapped below decks with the ship quickly taking on water, what are his last thoughts? And more importantly, is he rescued?

44. Someone has an obsession with apples. What extent will he go to for it?

45. Why does Gillette have a painting of Norrington in his personal quarters, and more importantly, who painted it?

46. When Sparrow commandeers another ship from Gillette’s command, he chooses to remain on board. Why?

47. A mutiny on board the Black Pearl for the second time, leaves Jack Sparrow with only one choice in order to reclaim possession of his ship. He must turn to an old acquaintance.

48. Will Turner has settled down with Elizabeth and has two children. He is a reliable blacksmith, and an all round good young man. But when a pirate comes to ask him for help, will he really be able to deny his past?

49. Someone is feeling seasick. Someone else helps him feel better.

50. The Interceptor is a three masted brig, the Dauntless a 36 gun frigate, like the Black Pearl. It’s no wonder the Interceptor, undergunned was sunk by the Pearl, but if the Dauntless and the Pearl came into a battle between each other, who would win?

51. Somebody has stowed away on a ship. He remains undiscovered well into the journey. What does he do?

52. Themed to the sea shanty ‘Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest.’

53. Groves is kicked out of the navy. Remembering how impressed he was with Jack Sparrow’s escape and knowing he doesn’t want to leave the sea forever, he seeks out the captain’s company.

54. One of the navy men has a pirate relation. When they are tried and hung, the living relative realise that they don’t want to serve a corrupt system any longer and seeks out their dead relative’s ship mates.

55. Crossover – Muppet Treasure Island

56. Crossover – Peter Pan

57. Crossover – Lord of the Rings

58. Crossover – Star Trek

59. Crossover – The Matrix

60. Crossover – Harry Potter

61. Someone needs a new sword, but everyone knows the best blacksmith in town is Will Turner. However, he's frustrated, and he refuses to make a sword, even for good money. How could he possibly be convinced?

62. Someone is into painting nudes, but he has problems getting people to pose for him. How does he overcome these problems? What does the model think?

63. After a month at sea on a visit to Singapore, someone returns, frustrated beyond belief. However, no matter what he does he can't seem to find a partner, so instead he gets very, very drunk and wanders somewhere where he possibly should not be.

64. Someone sees someone else naked and begins to have erotic dreams about them, much to their dismay. They sleep-draw nudes, or write lucid poems without realising it. The obsession is spiralling out of control. What do they do about it?

65. Someone finds a novella written about him on sheets of thin parchment. It involves him being slung into a fantasy with the writer. Who is it, and what does he do about it?

66. Torn for their unrequited love, someone is in dire need of expressing themself. They compose a song for one of the Saturday dances on deck, and sing it themselves. What happens when he's overheard?

67. The sea is a treacherous place. After a storm, someone familiar is washed up at Port Royale. He is cared for by one of his former aquaintances, personally, nursed back to health after near drowning and severe hypothermia. What are his feelings when he wakes up?

68. After someone falls from the rigging, tying their foot in the ropes, thus their life being saved by chance, a daring rescue must be undertaken. Who is the rescuer, and what happens after the excitement?

69. Someone finds someone else's hairbrush, but they cannot find the owner, though they recognise it. Where is he, and what made him leave his hairbrush behind? And why, oh why, does it smell so nice?

70. For some reason, a pirate dresses up as a navyman, or a navyman dresses up as a pirate. What happens when the real navy/pirate accidentally happens upon the cosplayer?

And so you know what you're getting into when I choose one randomly. If you don't mind either way, I'll choose one completely randomly. That's the thing I want to get across. You don't choose one of these, I do. Mwuahahaha!


Phrases

1. “No mummy! Please! Not the teddy bears!”

2. “Oh... there's a...
Monkey in my pocket
And he's stealing all my change,
His stare is blank and glossy
I suspect that he's deraaaaanged!”

3. “It’s ‘to-mah-to.” “No… It’s to-mate-o.”

4. “He must be native. He’s changing his name to ‘Nippinoff.’” (to describe someone rushing home)

5. “I’ll give you a black dog for your white monkey.” (like ‘quid pro quo’ – a fair exchange.)

6. “I just realised – seawater tastes horrible.”

7. “I want a cuddle in the cuddy.” (The Cuddy is the place where the captain sleeps.)

8. “Hey, Captain Hook, seen Peter Pan lately?”

9. "Stop a glass ringing to save a sailor drowning".

10. “Don’t you think Will bears an uncanny resemblance to Legolas?”

11. "I trust, Mr. Bone, you will leave me with my anchors".

12. “Get that horse off my boat!”

13. A pirate I was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the seas!

14. “Oh, 100 Bottles of Rum on the Wall, 100 Bottles of Rum! Ye take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of rum on the wall…”

15. “I like mayonnaise.”

16. “I’m a doctor, not a catfish.”

17. “You can’t drink that! The sun isn’t over the yard arm!”

18. "Don't come the old acid" (slang for sarcasm)

19. “He’s in everyone’s mess, but nobody’s watch, if you know what I mean” (He’s lazy, and he talks too much)

20. “Hold on…déjà vu.”

21. “Who replaced the rum with water?”

22. “Stop laying eggs and get to work.”

23. “If you’re lucky, you might make rear admiral. You know what that means, right? It means the admiral gets to…”

24. “I can fly!”

25. “I’m not going to force you to swallow the anchor.” (term used for leaving the navy)

26. “Oh, I wish I could par-lay some French
With Governor Marley,
I'd say to her "Voo-Lay-Voo?"”

27. “That desert island looks strikingly familiar”

28. “He’s insane. Didn’t you know?”

29. “Once upon a time there lived a wicked young pirate by the name of…”

30. “I really don’t think marine blue suits my complexion.”

31. “I’d be surprised if your brain was any larger than a walnut.”

32. “Tell that to the marines.”

33. “Of course, I could always hang you.”

34. “Shut up and brush your hair.”

35. “Haul anchor.”

36. “That’s not a real ship.”

37. “Here? There isn’t enough room to swing a cat!”

38. "Time in which to sling one's hammock"

39. “One hand for yourself and one for the King"

40. “He’s got a face like a sea boot.” (Devoid of expression)

41. “I’ll knock seven bells out of him.” (Beat him up)

42. "Show a leg or else a purser's stocking".

43. "Midshipmen have guts, ward room officers have stomachs, but flag officers have palates"

44. "He was begotten in the galley and born under a gun: every hair a rope yarn, every finger a fish-hook, every tooth a marline spike and his blood right good Stockholm tar.”

45. “I’ve got Saltash luck.” No chance.


Object

1. A collection of toy ships

2. A Prairie-Oyster (Anti-Hangover consisting of port wine, worcester sauce, red pepper, mustard, and an unbroken egg yolk)

3. A sextant or hambone

4. A compass that does point north

5. A broken bottle

6. A sheep

7. A pistol

8. Rigging

9. A mast

10. An oar

11. A ramrod

12. A sword’s sheathe

13. Schooner on the rocks (meat and roast potatoes)

14. A corset

15. A chain shot, or angel shot

16. A ballgown

17. A Legolas costume

18. An iceberg

19. The Headless Horseman

20. A canon

21. A cannonball

22. A bag of coal

23. A skull

24. A rat

25. A broken gallows

26. A cartwheel

27. Flowers

28. A paintbrush

29. A grapnel

30. A bottle of ‘Crème de Menthe’ or ‘Sticky Green.’ Or otherwise ‘Starboard Light’

31. A piece of cursed gold

32. A magic lamp

33. A piece of poetry

34. A copy of a Shakespeare play

35. A chicken

36. A stowaway

37. “Canteen medals” a.k.a. food stains

38. “Chinese wedding cake” a.k.a. Rice pudding with raisins in

39. The black spot

40. A boat race

41. A really big hat

42. A baby

43. A Lion’s Neck ( A cocktail of Ginger ale and rum )

44. Telescope or ‘Lookstick.’

 


* * *