Go to notes and disclaimers


Afternoon of a Faun
by Ursula


I don't do camping," Mulder growled as he followed Walter from the Hummer, his arms laden with groceries.

"This isn't really camping," Walter pointed out as he put down his burdens to unlock the door. "This is a cabin with a generator, plumbing, and comfortable furnishings."

"And we could have gone to San Francisco where they don't need generators and have vibrating beds not to mention the best porn in the known universe short of Amsterdam. That's my idea of a vacation," Mulder argued.

"I need some peace and quiet," Walter replied.

"So you brought me along, why?" Mulder pointed out with a grin.

"Whoops, let my dick do the thinking, that's why," Walter said, pushing the door open. After picking up his share of supplies, Walter walked into the cabin and stacked his boxes on the counters. "I'll go gas up the generator and we'll have lights here in a few minutes."

The cabin was reasonably big consisting of two large rooms plus a bathroom. The rough-hewn door opened to a very large bedroom that was furnished with a log bed. The bed looked as if you could entertain two elephants and a zebra in it without even squeaking the springs. Sniffing the air, Mulder was pleased to smell nothing but a woodsy odor. He walked over and bounced on the bed, damn nice bed too. He pulled off the plastic covering and went to check in the big armoire for bedding. There was plenty of king sized sheets, a few light blankets, and an elk themed comforter. Dropping an armload of bedding on a chair, Mulder threw open the shutters to let some light in.

Blinking his eyes to clear them, Mulder still couldn't get the sight to alter to something more ordinary. He saw a beautiful man lying on his belly on the green knoll that overlooked the cabin. The chest was smooth and graceful, naked above what Mulder at first believed were some sort of kinky wooly chaps. However when the creature stood up, it was clear that the chaps were his legs and that the wooly appendages ended in dainty black cloven hooves. The creature cast a limpid gaze over his shoulder and then trotted rapidly off down the far side of the knoll.

Mulder barreled out the door, almost running Walter down, and sprinted after the creature.

"Mulder, what the hell?" Walter yelled.

"I have to catch him ... it," Mulder called back.

If nothing else, involuntary retirement from the FBI had given Mulder time to work out. He had finished in the top fifty of the Boston Marathon last year and planned to beat his time this year. He had run with a gay pride tee shirt clinging to his sweaty body and a button that said, "I was asked and I told" on his sleeve.

His long legs swiftly carried him over the knoll and down the other side where the clearing ended. The creature posed, his strange beauty outlined by the green gold of the grove behind him. As Mulder drew closer, he could see the long cat shaped eyes, the velvet lashes all around them, the yellow surrounding the round green retinas, and the intense black of the pupils. The pensive look faded as the creature realized that Mulder was fast gaining on him. With a soft cry, the creature trotted down the path, weaving his way rapidly down the narrow deer trail, and passing from Mulder's sight.

Mulder followed for some time until the trail opened to a flowery meadow that bordered the lake. The mountains in the distance reflected in the still waters beneath. A bird's warble cut off abruptly when he stumbled, panting, into the grassy flat land. He looked about, his mind refusing to accept that the faun or was it a satyr had managed to escape.

Tracing back his steps, Mulder saw a wisp of brown fur clinging to a thorn. The thicket looked impossible to enter and an experimental try only gained him a scratched hand. He tried to find the other side, but the thorns barred his way until he pushed through and found himself looking a steep ravine with sleepy creek trickling through it.

Maybe he had been hallucinating ...

###

By the time Mulder came leaden-footed down the knoll, Walter had finished unpacking the Hummer. He stood in the doorway to scowl at his lover and said, "What the hell got into you?"

"I thought I saw something," Mulder said. "Something incredible."

Mulder looked so beautiful when he was like this ... eyes wide with excitement, cheeks pink from exertion, sweat making his tee shirt show every contour of his chest.

"What?" Walter asked, before reaching for Mulder's hips to bring him close and lock him tight in an embrace.

"I'll tell you later," Mulder said. "Let's take a shower and go to bed."

"Tired already?" Walter asked.

"Hardly," Mulder answered. "Horny as a satyr."

"Mmm, love that classical education," Walter said. "Come on. I made the bed."

"So let's unmake it," Mulder replied, grinning.

Coming here was a great idea, Walter thought as Mulder almost ripped his shirt getting it off him. Not that their sex life had lacked in the city, but it had been a long time since Mulder seemed so eager, so insatiable. The shower was short and they didn't bother with towels. Slippery was good, very good. Walter was open to anything that Mulder wanted although he miscued and started to lift his legs. Mulder slammed his hips down on the bed instead.

"No, this way," Mulder growled, straddling Walter; his hand reaching around to lube and open himself. "You just lay there and take it."

"Yes, Sir," Walter said, his erection suddenly unbearable hard. He watched his lover prepare himself, barely able to breathe. It was impossible that it had been nearly a year since they left the bureau together. For this man, Walter had thrown away his career, his reputation, and most of his family. It was worth it all.

Sinking slowly down on him, Mulder's eyes were squeezed shut, his generous mouth was parted, and his head arched back. He glowed with sensuality and glorious life.

'I do this to him,' Walter thought. 'I do it.'

Moving faster, Mulder panted above him. Walter reached for him, holding his hips as Mulder rode him.

"Ah, Mulder, ahh ..." senselessly ripped from Walter's mouth before Mulder leaned forward to bury the sound in a kiss.

Mulder's hands pressed him down, his eyes smoke topaz and opaque. Walter felt as if his entire life was compressed in his erection, that he had no purpose, no goals except to come ... when Mulder would let him.

"Yeah," Mulder groaned as he took a hand away to force the final tease of friction needed for him to come. His ass slammed into Walter several times, hard, rapid, pulling him over the edge.

As the last earth shaking tremors of pleasure wrung from his body, Walter's eyes rolled from Mulder's exhausted face to the window, where a curious, sweet face watched. Eyes that belonged to nothing human. Horns curled above glossy human hair. Pink lips parting as if longing for a kiss.

Mulder's ass hit the floor as Walter pushed him off suddenly ... the unfortunate result of Walter's adrenaline snapping into high gear. "What the fuck is that?" Walter demanded, rushing toward the window.

The creature galloped away before Walter could get to the door. Walter ran a few feet toward the knoll until he stubbed his toes on a rock. Hopping and cursing, Walter gazed after the disappearing rump of the creature.

Mulder walked a little further up the grove, rubbing his ass. He watched the white flash of tail bob once more before the furry hindquarters and human back moved out of sight.

"So you saw him too," Mulder remarked.

"No, I don't see him ... it," Walter said. "I saw a deer. A very odd deer."

Stomping back into the house was a mistake. Walter hit a sharp edged pebble and ended up hopping the rest of the way inside.

###

Morning wasn't even a gray haze through the window when Mulder woke from a sound sleep to the sound of his lover moving around the room.

"Where you going?" Mulder asked, one eye open a mere slit to observe his lover.

"Fishing," Walter replied. "You going to change your mind and join me?"

"Fuck no," Mulder said. "I'm not that retired. You go right ahead. I'm going to spend the day reading."

A grunt was his answer.

Intending to go back to sleep, Mulder threw off the rest of the covers, exposing his over heated body to the cool air of morning. He was drowsing when he heard a wisp of music. An annoying, persistent, almost tuneless sound of pipes.

If it was that same guy that Scully had played in the basement to soothe him for weeks before he and Walter were outed, Mulder was going to jam those pipes up his ass. Without lube.

Grabbing his favorite pair of worn-out cutoffs, Mulder marched out the door and saw the culprit. The faun perched on a mossy boulder, the pipes in his hand.

Hands on hips, Mulder said, "I could show you something better to blow."

The faun looked at him quizzically.

"Anyone tell you that you are beautiful?" Mulder asked.

"Yes," the faun replied, tucking the pipes in a leather bag that hung from a thong around his waist. "Many have."

"You're not running away this time," Mulder observed.

"I could still run if I wanted to," the faun said. "But your offer is accepted."

"What offer?" Mulder said.

"Of yourself," the faun said, his hooves tapping daintily down the hill.

"First of all," Mulder said, holding onto a rapidly eroding conscience. "I'm in a relationship, a committed relationship and secondly, you're not human."

"Doesn't the second quibble mitigate the first?" the faun asked, sounding as if he had gone to law school.

"Shouldn't you be speaking Greek or something?" Mulder asked. It was a bit disappointing to have this fabulous creature speak unaccented American English.

"You live a few thousand years and you pick up languages or you become extinct," the faun replied. "I have no intention of fading away. I'm still having fun."

That made sense and after all, the faun's beauty needed no mystery to enhance him. His face was human except for his eyes. He had a minute, but elegant nose, sweet lips, looking kiss-roughened, a small chin, elfin ears, and sharp cheekbones.

The faun's groin was human enough. A large and erect penis stood from curly pubic hair and naked inner thighs. He was nearly as tall as Mulder; if his legs weren't bent, he would have been the same height. The fur on his legs wasn't coarse. It looked silken as the human hair upon his head. His chest was totally smooth, the nipples the color of cherry blossoms upon its golden surface.

"Do you have a name?" Mulder asked.

"Alexander," the faun said, "after a particularly wondrous lover or I should say a wonderful pair of lovers. They left me, however. I could not hold them. Alexander was ambitious and hungry for human fame. I mourned when the news came to me that Hephaestion and our beautiful Alexander died. They should have stayed with me. They were perfect enough for my gift."

"Alexander, the Great?" Mulder said, his brows rising in disbelief.

"He was not as other men," the faun said. "His flesh was fire."

"You're that old?" Mulder asked.

"What is age to the ageless?" the faun asked, indifferently.

"But to think of what you know, what you have learned over the centuries!" Mulder said.

"I know how to make wine out of grapes, how to make love in many pleasant ways, and how to make music ... what else needs knowing?" the faun remarked. "When I watched you and your mate this morning, I though I would like to make love to you both, but I can wait for your Zeus like bull."

The faun's pink tongue darted over his plush lips and he shivered as if in delighted expectation. "What do you say, most beautiful of men?"

The faun's hands were already questing at Mulder's cutoffs, taking down his zipper. Mulder moaned, "All right, yes, just don't tell Walter ..."

The faun knelt, his face tilted up at Mulder. The more Mulder considered the strangeness of this mythical being, the more he wanted him. Alexander smiled charmingly before helping Mulder's erection out of his fly. "So nice to meet you," Alexander murmured to Mulder's cock. "We must become better acquainted."

A kiss, a lick, almost a nibble ... Mulder braced himself on the porch rail, thrusting his hips forward, promising his conscience that he would make it up to his lover when Walter returned from fishing.

Alexander's lips played on the surface of Mulder's balls as if he thought they were his panpipes. A melodic humming arose from the faun's beautiful throat, vibrating along Mulder's cock. Damn, he finally understood music ... if only the faun knew Elvis.

The faun tilted his head back even further, his hands firmly encouraging Mulder to thrust into his open throat. Mulder gently grasped the faun's head, and then let go as his fingers found the base of Alexander's horns. Giving into the fantastic, he happily fucked his new lover's mouth.

Coming was a religious experience and left Mulder weak of knee, sprawled on the porch ... but not for long. The faun picked him up as if he weighed nothing and trotted up the stairs. The click of his cloven hooves sounded on the wooden floor. Dumping Mulder face down on the bed, the faun reached for the large pump jar of lubricant that resided in splendor on the bed table, splashed a gob on his hand and begin to work it into Mulder's hole.

Knowing that he shouldn't be doing this made it all the more erotic, Mulder shuddered as the fingers stopped stretching him and he felt the furry loins brushing against his naked backside. When the large phallus nudged between his cheeks, Mulder lifted higher, feeling an erection start to form despite his recent ejaculation. Firm hands took hold of his ass. Alexander's cock thrust in and out of him, at first gently and then as he opened fully to it, with more force. Just before another orgasm was wrung from Mulder's body, Alexander pulled him upright, stretched his neck around to kiss Mulder's lips fiercely. They cried out into the kiss ...

###

Mulder must have spent the morning sleeping. Walter smiled at the sight of his lover, hair rumpled, ass slightly raised as if tempting him, hand loosely curled at his mouth. Walter stared at his lover with possessive delight. His ... his golden boy ... worth everything that Walter had given up to love him. He looked too sweet to wake and Mulder had been in a creative fever before they left on this trip, grinding out the latest issue of his comic book. Walter had insisted on the vacation to get his lover to rest.

It was too early for lunch so Walter merely cleaned the fish and left them to marinate in the cooler. He left a note on the table, inviting Mulder to join him at the lake. It was hot enough to swim now and Walter planned to take advantage of the privacy to indulge in a boyish pleasure. He bet Mulder loved skinny-dipping ...

After swimming out to a small island, Walter found that he was in need of a nap. There were no biting insects and the air was so warm that a grassy mound was all he needed to make his bed. Sprawled there, Walter drifted neither fully awake nor deep in sleep. He felt his cock stir for some reason as if the gentle puffs of warm air were his lover's playful breath.

The wet, rough tongue that lapped at his cock and the hands that fondled his balls must have been a dream. Walter smiled, letting himself go. He opened his eyes in his erotic reverie to see green eyes staring at him from between his raised knees. Green eyes? He had never seen the like of these mossy mysterious orbs, especially not surrounded by yellow that was the color of ancient ivory instead of white. Nor had he ever had a lover with horns.

After giving him a fond smile, the head lowered again and woke at least one part of Walter to aching life.

"Fuck me, Zeus," a husky voice invited. "Take me."

Still telling himself it was a dream, Walter scrambled up toward the wanton, waggling furry hind end. Oh, it was definitely a dream, a wild one. The creature wiggled his snub nose as he peered around to hand Walter a heavy gold colored pot. The ointment within smelled of some sweet and musky perfume and warmed rapidly on Walter's fingers. Despite the heavy fur on the outside of the creature, the inside of his ass was incredibly soft and smooth. The hot anus admitted his cock readily and Walter was not even taken back by the furry haunches that pressed back against him.

Walter had never felt anything like this; he could have gone forever doing this, his pleasure shivered through his body and he moaned so deeply that if this was not a dream, he would have been afraid the sound would carry across the lake to the more heavily populated east bank.

His dream lover joined his cries, although the far edge of his voice had almost a bleat until it faded to a squeak.

It was less of an ejaculation than an explosion ... Walter sagged back on his ass, one hand loosely holding his dream lover, as he gasped for breath.

Clap, clap, clap ...

"Bravo, Walter, bravo, Alexander," Mulder's voice said.

It was not the first time that Walter dreamed of fucking in front of an audience, but it was the first time that he ever felt a small, sharp pebble digging into his knee in a dream.

Which left an alternative theory ... it was not a dream.

Blinking did not make the faun go away ... or was it a satyr?

Nor did Mulder disappear.

His lover's sultry voice remarked, "I like your version of skinny- dipping, Walter."

"I didn't know what I was doing," Walter gasped, scrambling away from the creature. Then, logic coming to play, Walter said, "I get it. This is your idea of a joke, Mulder."

Grabbing the willing faun, Walter tried to pull away the costume, ignoring the voice in his head that said there was no way that human feet would fit into those dainty hooves. He tugged at the horns until the creature had enough and butted him.

"Zeus, you would be hard put to remove my horns, the gods gave them to me for my protection," the faun said.

"Walter, meet Alexander," Mulder said.

"Mulder ... I didn't know it was real, I swear," Walter said.

"Hey, it's okay," Mulder said. "Alexander is an experience."

Mulder was taking this too well. Mulder was entirely too relaxed. Walter pointed at 'Alexander' and said, "You did him too."

"Yes," Mulder admitted. "Come on, Walter, he's a supernatural being. He's irresistible."

"I bet you didn't even try," Walter said scornfully, stalking away with as much dignity as a naked man could muster and losing what scrap of his composure when he had to go back and retrieve his sandals and towel.

Alexander looked at him pathetically, tears spilling from his big green eyes. He sniffed a little and dabbed at his nose with cum splattered hand. "Why are you angry, handsome one? I don't understand."

Realizing that it was probably not the faun's fault, they were always horny, weren't they ... Walter felt like a chump, but still walked away. He would have ordered Mulder to follow, but he was afraid it would never happen.

With his love of the fantastic, Mulder would find a lover like Alexander irresistible. The loss was a palpable weight upon Walter's strong shoulders as he walked back toward the cabin.

###

"Alexander, Alexander, in all these years of living, did you never learn subterfuge?" Mulder asked as he held the fantasy creature in his arms.

"Humans are very difficult to understand," Alexander said.

"Walter is the master of subterfuge usually ," Mulder said. "Come here and sit with me. I want to tell you about him ... why I love him."

"Love is another thing I don't understand," Alexander said. "Making love's the simple thing, but all this other stuff, this passion, jealousy, fighting over love as if there was only a small pot of it, too dear to share. Why it hasn't changed a bit since humans were sending ships to retrieve that foolish girl, Helen, from pretty, but vapid Paris and the fortress of Troy."

"It's a wonderful thing too," Mulder tried to explain. "When you love someone like Walter, someone strong, complex, a decent person who makes difficult choices, who doesn't see things in black and white, love makes you a better person. You see, Alexander, Walter and I are fighting a secret battle. There are monsters among us, demons from the sky."

A sniff of impatience and Alexander tossed his long black hair. "Oh those things, Gaia herself will rise up. She's like that. She sleeps and then when it's time, she rises, our mother, our lovely and powerful mother. The rumbling in the earth, the rising of winds, that's the signs. She'll wake and swat them down and return to her sleep. Not too worry."

"Well, just in case, Mother Earth doesn't strike out for us," Mulder said. "Walter and I are reaching out and getting the next generation ready. I write comic books that let out the truth, put it where it needs to be,so the future generation will be ready ... if we have time enough. Walter trains an army of agents to act in secret when the time comes. It's a better idea than I had. I used to think if I shouted the truth loudly enough that everyone would hear. Walter persuaded me a whisper would do as well."

His fingers untangled the faun's hair and smoothed its locks into glossy perfection. "As beautiful as you are, I would not give him up for you, lovely Alexander."

Kissing Alexander's forehead, Mulder said, "Making love to you is something I will remember forever, Alexander, but Walter is my love."

Standing up, Mulder took one last look and fled from the lake, over the rise of earth, and down to the hollow where the cabin sat. Thank God, Walter hadn't left.

###

It was Mulder and he was alone. Walter felt almost disappointed. Things like making love to Alexander did not happen to men like him. They were reserved for men like Mulder, made of quicksilver and gold.

As soon as Mulder entered, he went down on his knees and said, "I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

Ah, shit, Walter was well aware he lacked the moral high ground. He pulled Mulder into his arms and said, "I did the same damn thing. I can't believe I did it."

A kiss smothered further conversation for a long moment. Walter kissed back and the storm in a teacup was over.

"Fauns have a magical power," Mulder said. "Once they touch you, you may as well give in."

"I thought that was Elasian tears," Walter replied.

"That's Star Trek," Mulder said in a huffy way.

"I know," Walter grinned.

"I was serious," Mulder said. "I wish Scully was here. I would like to know more about Alexander."

"That is not one of your better ideas," Walter said. "She'd probably want to dissect him or, at the very least, lock him up and study him."

With a kiss on Walter's forehead, Mulder slid off Walter's lap and said, "You're right."

"Usually am," Walter teased. Now that he had Mulder back ... or rather, now that he realized he would never lose him, the experience with Alexander would be a treasured erotic memory.

However, fauns or Elasian women aside, Walter had fish to cook. He said, "Mulder, husk some of that corn. We'll have broiled trout, corn on the cob, and some fruit. I bought some grapes. Let's have those."

###

The day was so beautiful that they decided to eat outdoors at the picnic table in the yard. The fish was as good as only freshly caught and cooked trout could be; the corn was still sweet from the field.

Walter was on his second ear of corn when he heard the patter of little hooves. He turned around in time to see Alexander take a bite out of an ear of corn.

The faun chewed his mouthful with a thoughtful expression and then said, "It's better uncooked. It's sweeter that way."

"It's bad manners to sit down to dinner without an invitation," Walter said.

"I'm not sitting," Alexander said. "Although if you put a couch out, I enjoy reclining to eat."

What was the use? Walter shrugged off his feelings, noticing Mulder was carefully not looking at Alexander, and said, "Have some grapes."

"Thank you," said Alexander, pulling the entire bowl in front of him. "I like grapes a great deal." The faun looked around and asked, "Where is the wine? I like wine too."

"I'll pick some up when I go into town," Walter said.

"That would be very kind of you," said Alexander. "It is very good luck to befriend a faun. You should know that."

"So far, it's been a barrel of laughs," Mulder said. "Give me some of those grapes."

Alexander glared at Mulder like a truculent child until Walter double- teamed him and grabbed a glob of the grapes from the bowl.

"You're welcome," Alexander said before hastening to gobble most of the bowl in a few minutes.

"You may buy me more grapes in town as well," Alexander said. "I also like honey and sugar."

"Alexander, you seem to be under the impression that you are staying here," Walter pointed out. "Mulder and I came up here to be alone together."

"You can be alone together with me," Alexander said, stuffing the last of the grapes in his mouth. He belched and shook his silken mane of hair delightfully.

Mulder rolled his eyes and said, "Somehow he went from love god to pest in nothing flat."

"I think he's cute," Walter said. "It wouldn't hurt to get him some treats. He can keep an eye on things outside. You never know when someone might decide to try to eliminate one of us again."

"Yeah, who was to know that writing comic books was so dangerous," Mulder said.

Walter smirked and served himself the last piece of fish.

###

Having the faun around did seem lucky ... or at least, he seemed to have an aphrodisiac effect on the two of them. Mulder wished that Walter regarded Alexander as less of a pet and more as a potential playmate. He knew he should have encouraged Walter to get a dog ...

How was this going to work?

Walter was so fond of Alexander that Mulder was sure that he would insist on taking the faun back to the city with them. Mulder could just see the questions when Walter took his pet for walks or maybe Walter thought that he could disguise Alexander as human, get him some prosthetic boots or something like that.

"Don't you want to fuck him again?" Mulder asked as Walter brushed the faun's flanks.

"Of course I do," Walter said, "But we don't have to act on our baser urges."

"Love isn't base," Alexander said, "Love is wonderful. If we all did it together, there would be no reason for either of you to be jealous."

The faun made perfect sense to Mulder, but Walter merely continued to brush Alexander. He even had a little jar of hoof polish to spiff up his cloven feet.

"I'm not an animal," Alexander said. "I'm a demi-god."

"I bought you a honeycomb," Walter answered.

"On the other hand, I do like to be petted," the faun said. "Where is it?"

And so it went.

###

Ursula4X@aol.com

Title: Afternoon of a Faun
Author/Pseudonym: Ursula
Fandom: X Files
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek/Skinner
Rating: NC-17
Status: Finished
Date Posted: 8-4-04
Archive: FHSA, WWOMB, DIB, FONXL,Rat B 0r Warm Thoughts Okay to Gossamer
E-mail address for feedback: Fan4Richie or Ursula4X@aol.com
Classification: Fantasy Files
Series/Sequel: Is this story part of a series: No
Web Site: http://www.fhsarchive.com/stories/Ursula.html
Disclaimers: No profit, fan fiction for fun
Notes: For Laura. I asked for the picture to cement my thoughts about Alex, the faun. Thanks to Laura for beta reading too.
http://members.cox.net/lbevans/alex_satyr.jpg
This story is also an un-birthday gift for Mort
And Jam Wired gave me this:
http://jamwired.brokensymmetry.net/fanart/faun.jpg
Warnings: Fantasy and Smut
Time Frame: never never

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Resources] [Home]