Go to notes and disclaimers


Wedding Bell Blues
by Raven


F ox, c'mon! Come on out, baby."

Alex's gentle cajole was met by a blunt refusal, a single, "No!" that came from behind the bathroom door. All his previous urging had been met in a similar fashion, and now Alex looked at Walter, shaking his head.

"Fox, honey, you can't back out now." Walter appealed it for the third time, voice smoothly gentle, despite his growing frustration with the situation. A check of the clock showed that time was running out.

"I'm not coming out. You'll laugh at me."

Alex tried again, hearing the serious pout in his lover's voice, even through the wooden door. "We won't laugh, Fox, I promise." It was a promise he'd already made several times, and the response remained the same.

"No."

Walter looked at Alex, motioning him back into the bedroom and away from the door. "Okay, it's been fifteen minutes of reason and begging. I say it's time for Plan B."

"Agreed. I hate it for him, but I don't see another choice." Alex looked regretful, but accepting.

Walter nodded toward the door. "Do it."

Alex went to where Mulder kept his lock pick kit "hidden", retrieved it, and in moments had their bathroom door unlocked so silently, Mulder never even turned around until Walter's reflection in the mirror startled him. Mulder was still in his underwear, the outfit not even out of the zippered bag yet. He had showered and shaved, his hair done, the grooming was complete. All that was left was for him to dress and come out. Which was, of course, exactly what Mulder was refusing to do.

He whirled, wide-eyed, but before he could say a word, Walter had seated himself on the edge of the tub, and settled Mulder face down across his thighs. The big man's hand landed in a heavy, solid smack that made Alex wince in sympathy, despite the fact that he supported Walter completely in his efforts to make their husband see reason.

When Mulder's shocked yelp of pain faded, Walter spoke firmly. "That's enough. I don't care if the whole state laughs their collective ass off at you. You are the Man of Honor, and you will get dressed and out this door in the next fifteen minutes, or we will carry you out and dress you by force. And I don't have to tell you, Fox, if it comes to that, the whole damn church will be able to tell you got spanked. Now, those are your choices. What'll it be?"

Walter had been punctuating every few words with hard, no-nonsense spanks that frankly hurt, and in this pause, Mulder reached back with one hand, rubbing the seat of his underpants briefly, before turning kicked puppy-dog eyes up to his lovers.

His voice was soft, despite the faint whine. "But you didn't see what I have to wear!"

"No, we didn't, and it's completely irrelevant." Alex said it with great feeling, and Mulder looked up at him, face showing his displeasure with this statement. Before he could protest, Alex continued. "You're forgetting one very important fact, Fox."

"What's that?" There was sulk in the tone, and Walter landed another sound spank to the bottom well positioned over his lap. Alex spoke over the small yelp.

"Today isn't about you. This is Scully's day, Scully's wedding, and if she puts you in a hula outfit, you smile and pass the poi. God knows, I'm not her biggest fan, but you damn well owe the lady, Fox. Now, get your ego under control, suck it up and get dressed. I really don't want to have to watch you take a serious spanking, love."

Walter let his hand rest on Mulder's rear, rubbing gently at the last place he'd struck. "And I really don't want to give one out, babe."

Mulder chewed at his bottom lip, thinking for a moment, before his face fell slightly. "You're right, Alex. I'm sorry, guys. You can let me up, Walter, I'll get ready now."

Walter helped him up, kissing him lovingly. Alex, too, took a kiss from his chastened lover, and they headed out the door.

"Thank you. Both of you." The voice was soft, and Alex and Walter simply smiled at him, leaving him to finally change.

"That's a relief. I thought you were going to have to bust his ass for real to get him to get dressed." Alex slumped down on the bed, scooting over so Walter could slump beside him.

"Tell me about it. I hate spanking either of you, I was definitely not looking forward to that."

They cuddled a moment, and then Alex asked, "How bad can it be? I mean, it's just a tux! So he looks like a reject from "Staying Alive", seriously, how bad can it be?"

"I don't know, but he's been bitching since he got it two days ago. I just can't see Dana putting him in something horrible. She may be a touch conservative in some ways, but she's always had fairly good taste in clothes." Walter shrugged, and pulled Alex closer.

"Hey, Walter?"

"Yeah?"

"Which of us do you hate spanking least?" Alex's voice had just a hint of mischief to it, and Walter reached down, placing a firm warning spank on the lush rear.

"Don't you even think about starting that shit."

Alex chuckled, having known what he was doing, and settled against his lover to wait for Mulder to come out of the bathroom.

When the door finally opened, Mulder's voice emerged first.

"Look, I know you're going to laugh, but just, well, try to remember that beneath my confident exterior, I'm more than a little insecure about my looks, okay? Don't spank me too hard, not if I react badly, please?"

"We promise, Fox. Just enough to get you through," Walter promised and Alex seconded it, and then the door opened and Mulder stepped through, eyes shut against the expected sound of laughter.

When it remained silent, he carefully opened one eye. Walter and Alex were each looking at him like he was a feast after a three day fast. It was a look he knew very well from each man, and his eyes opened wide as he took in their utterly sincere appreciation.

"Jesus, Fox, you look like a fucking wet dream." Alex murmured it, eyes raking Mulder from head to toe.

"You look incredible, Fox, I don't think I've ever seen you look handsomer." Walter's slow traveling gaze was just as hungry as Alex's had been.

Mulder looked down at himself in frank disbelief. "You like this? I mean, you don't think I look totally gay?"

Walter's answer was purely mechanical, still drooling over his husband. "You are gay, Fox, we all are, get over it."

"Well, yeah, I sort of figured that out the last time I was in the middle. But this, it isn't...flaming? Too...feminine?"

"Fox, love," Alex swallowed hard, snapping himself out of it and meeting Mulder's concerned eyes. "I promise you, there is nothing fem in the least about the way you look. It's erotic as hell."

"Alex is right, Fox. You look completely masculine, very old Hollywood. Cary Grant comes to mind."

"Oh, yeah," Alex nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly.

"Really?"

"You have our word, Fox." Walter offered it gently, and Mulder took a deep breath.

"Okay. Alright, thanks, guys. I feel better. Oh, shit, is that the time? Fuck, we've gotta get going! Come on, move!" Mulder grabbed the rest of his things and headed for the door, realizing that he was alone. "If I'm late, I'm blaming you two, and you know what Scully will think."

That little threat brought them out of their lustful imaginings, and they headed down the stairs. Once in the car and on the way, Alex driving, Walter sitting in the back, Mulder checked his reflection in the mirror one more time.

"I can't believe Walter nearly had to tan your ass to get you into that, Fox. My god, it's gorgeous."

"Yeah, well, I liked the cut and the material, but well, the color..."

"It's unusual, Fox, but it's so subtle, more suggested than anything. It really looks amazing. And the ceremony's candlelight, right?" Walter's brown eyes grew slightly dreamy.

Alex groaned at the mental image. "Oh god, you'll look twice as good in the candlelight. Fuck, that's all I need, a hard on in a church."

"You and me both, and no, you can't do anything about it. I mean it, Alex." It was a clear warning, and his younger husband rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Yes, Walter. I'll be good and respect the church." They'd had a long discussion a week before about exactly what that meant, and why it would be a good idea for Alex to do it. The discussion had ended with Mulder giving him a warning spanking, and Walter promising him dire retribution should he so much as blink wrong.

It had been done for Alex's pride's sake only, all three men knew that but didn't say it. When Alex got insecure, he turned back to the familiar, the bad guy, and if that had mellowed over the years, it was still a necessary shield for him. Finding out he was expected to not only enter a church, but take part as required by the ceremony, had brought the Rat out.

The only thing was, Alex didn't want the Rat out, not really. And so he pushed just enough to get a few mild warning swats from Mulder, and a huge threat from Walter. Rat was then firmly pushed back into the cage, and now Alex could behave without losing face. He had no choice but to behave, and thus, his honor was satisfied. It was a useful bit of sublimation, and they all accepted it as needed.

"But I get first dibs after the ceremony." Alex made it a demand, and while Mulder grinned, Walter took a turn rolling his eyes.

"Yes, dear."

They all chuckled, the familiar tiny joke common among them. Walter shook his head slightly, looking at Mulder again.

"I'm with Alex, how could you make such a fuss about something that looks this damn good?"

"The color! I--I guess I got hung up on the color. I mean, yeah, it's not dark or electric or..."

"Cheerleader, bubblegum or Barbie?" Alex offered the suggestions with a big grin.

"For a guy that used to wear a black leather jacket like a second skin, you know an awful lot of shades, Alex. Something you want to share?" Alex mock glared at him, even as Walter tried to hide his chuckle. "You're right though. It's not really girly, is it?"

"No, Fox, it's not. It looks very masculine."

"Well," Mulder, feeling relieved by the talk, latched on to a fact he'd stored away, never thinking he'd use it, "you know, in the Victorian era, the color was reserved for boys. It was said to be too strong a color for girls."

Alex's eyes met Walter's in the rearview mirror, and they shared a smile. Mission accomplished.

Pulling up to the church, Alex parked, and they all walked in together. It was still early, they'd arrived an hour before the official start time, as requested for those involved in the actual ceremony. Going inside, Walter dutifully crossed himself, and Alex, while not doing so, paused, bowing slightly for just a moment. It was perfectly acceptable, and Mulder followed suit, as they headed across the aisle.

Scully was waiting, and when she turned, Mulder gasped audibly. She approached them in a stunning gown and small headpiece, a mix of pearl and cream, very simple, very understated and very beautiful. It was respectful of her age, but remained a romantic vision, clean lines and rich fabrics taking the place of fluff and flash.

"Hey, guys."

"God, Scully, you look beautiful! I mean it, you're absolutely beautiful." Mulder hugged her carefully, not wanting to muss her hair or makeup.

"Thank you. Do you really think so?" She bit at her lip, and Mulder released her, tilting her head back to look into her eyes.

"I really think so, pard."

"He's right, Dana. You do look lovely." Walter reached out, hugging her gently and pressing a kiss to her cheek. She smiled up at him and her eyes flickered to Alex, but didn't actually look at him.

Alex, never a coward, stepped forward, taking one of her hands. They were friendly, if not friends, having begun to gradually accept and even like one another over the years. Now, looking down into her face, seeing her unease at his scrutiny, Alex spoke softly, earnestly. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He then slowly brought the back of her hand up to his mouth and kissed it, before giving her an honest smile.

She looked stunned, but her flush was one of pleasure. "Thank you, Alex."

"You're welcome. I wish you all the best today, Dana."

"Again, thank you, Alex. I...I am glad that you're here." That this admission was sincere was obvious, and Alex felt a faint heat to his own face, but he only bowed over her hand, and stepped away.

Mulder, thrilled beyond words at the exchange, took pity on his husband. "You can thank both of them that I'm here." He blushed a bit, but his voice was a near whisper, and besides, Scully knew. He wasn't sure she approved, but she understood and accepted.

"What do you mean?"

"He means he had a total freak out about the color of his tux."

"The color? What's wrong with the color?" Scully began studying it closely, looking for blotches.

"Nothing. But, well, I just thought...I was afraid it was too..."

"The word was girly." Alex, back on familiar turf, teased Mulder with it.

"Why would... Oh, please! Mulder, you can't be serious. Tell me you are not that insecure in your manhood, that you'd have a meltdown just because your tuxedo happens to be..."

"Okay, it was stupid, I got that." Mulder was just teasing, helping everyone's nerves, and Scully couldn't help a giggle.

"So, who spanked you?"

"Nobody. Well, okay, Walter had to swat me a few times."

"Yeah, and you were this close to a first-class hiding." Walter held up his thumb and forefinger, virtually no space between them.

"Oh, Mulder!" She said it the way a mother says it to her child, and Mulder didn't hide his pleasure at her exasperation with him, or her love for him.

"Hey, it's enough I'm the Man of Honor, I didn't need flak because of the color, too."

"You look great. Honestly, Mulder, it's very becoming."

"So I've been told. Spanking wasn't the only thing planned for my ass because of this tux." He grinned wickedly, a grin that turned into a look of sheer horror as a voice Mulder recognized as belonging to the priest spoke right behind him.

"Um, the, um, groom is here, and I thought Dana might wish to, um, hide. Tradition, you know, custom..." The man trailed off and turned, walking away quickly, his face a bright scarlet.

They tried. They honestly tried.

The laughter was still ringing in the air as John Doggett walked into the auditorium. Mulder waved to him, chuckling himself, the humiliation having fled in the face of the amusement.

Scully had ducked out, hidden by Walter's form, and now he came back in just in time to see Doggett squint at Mulder.

"Huh. I'll be damned. Dana was right."

"About what?" Desperate to change the subject, Mulder eagerly looked at the man Scully was going to marry in less than an hour.

"The tux. It looks terrific on you. Very old Hollywood, you know?"

"Thanks. I wasn't sure about it at first."

"No sh- uh, no kiddin'." A glance at the priest had quickly changed Doggett's choice of word. "Yeah, when she told me what color the tux was, I figured it'd look too girly. But it doesn't. Man, I'da never thought that a tux could look that good. Well, not that color anyway."

This was the final opinion needed, and Mulder relaxed completely. His husbands were smiling at him, and happy. Alex and Scully had shared a genuine moment. Scully was going to marry a man Mulder not only could respect, but honestly liked. And he looked damn fine in his tuxedo.

Even if it was pink.

Granted, it was only the merest hint, the palest suggestion of pink, but it was a true pink, and Mulder was wearing it head to toe. And he suddenly, quietly, admitted to himself that he kinda thought he might like it. Grinning, Mulder winked at his husbands.

Then he winked at the priest, just for good measure.

###

raven@aeneas.net

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: Wedding Bell Blues
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K
Rating: PG-13
Author's Notes: My husband was recently best man at a wedding. He had to show up an hour early for the pictures. I, on the other hand, was not in the wedding, therefore I had an hour, a single sheet of paper and a pen. That's about all I ever really need in my life.
Total nonsense and weirdness, feel free to ignore it completely.
Pairings: M/Sk/K, with mention of Sc/D
Warnings: Language, as always. Malignity of a color? Spanking.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.
Summary: Mulder's not always so secure in his manhood.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Resources] [Home]